Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Looking at gginfinite's markup, I almost wonder if buying services end up cheaper. Probably something to ask the Gunpla thread if an interesting exclusive shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sunburnedcrow posted:

Pretty cool episode. I am getting a bit confused on which ships belong to which factions though.

Well, they are professional soldiers, "May die during battles" is part of the job description. It also doesn't make sense for Bellri to not retaliate non-fatally if his skill as a pilot aren't that good for him to do so.

Well if this episode had proven anything it's that the people involved are far from professional in name, experience or competency.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Ignoring the Engrish, this is a pretty useful thing.

Dread Fleet = Dorette Fleet, I wonder which is the engrish there :v:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Pimpmust posted:

Dread Fleet = Dorette Fleet, I wonder which is the engrish there :v:

It's Dorette. There's even a typo in the Japanese.
He's the namesake:

I think he only showed up when they introduced the Towasanga guys.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012
My favorite random characterization this episode was Rosenthal checking out Mask and liking what he was seeing.

Also he is huge.
And Barara is so teeny.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This guy is doing a cool lil set of SD designs, but these two are my favorites.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
At least share them at the proper size for people.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Sharkopath posted:

This guy is doing a cool lil set of SD designs, but these two are my favorites.

Jesus christ don't scroll too far down past the Montero on that page.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

ActionZero posted:

Jesus christ don't scroll too far down past the Montero on that page.

lol
dude likes his boats.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

dogsicle posted:

Looking at gginfinite's markup, I almost wonder if buying services end up cheaper. Probably something to ask the Gunpla thread if an interesting exclusive shows up.

The only time I tried gginfinite they cancelled the order on me with no warning and no explanation, so gently caress that. But yeah, come to the gunpla thread, there's a lot more information there.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Was Noredo's first combat decision taking a potshot at the Knossos? "Let's see if I can kill more people than anyone else in this show at once."

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012
She breaks character and disregards Bellri's condition to fire at the Knossos in her desperation to be useful, not unlike Aida at the beginning of the series.

Calling it now, that trigger happy nature is going to get Manny killed.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I was right about everything. I'm the best around!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm guessing that the ending is going to land with Aida being able to call for a cease fire on all sides once most of the opposition has been defanged, and it'll end ambiguously towards the future but on a positive note in much the same way Gainer did.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Always wear your normal suit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kind of predictable but surprisingly brutal. Show's really racking up a body count now.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Kind of predictable but surprisingly brutal. Show's really racking up a body count now.

Barara escaped though, which is pretty funny.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

She is the most successful pilot in the show so far.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Barara escaped though, which is pretty funny.

There appears to be an escape pod but it's overcome by an explosion and vanishes. I don't think she escaped.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

There appears to be an escape pod but it's overcome by an explosion and vanishes. I don't think she escaped.

I'll be the one laughing when the final scene of the show is Barara and her two pilot dudes kicking the door of the escape pod out, just like that dude who got drowned under a lake in gainer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

I'll be the one laughing when the final scene of the show is Barara and her two pilot dudes kicking the door of the escape pod out, just like that dude who got drowned under a lake in gainer.

Nah, it's gonna be that one G-IT guy. He'll be like "goddamn, it was cold in there. So, where are my pals?"

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, it's gonna be that one G-IT guy. He'll be like "goddamn, it was cold in there. So, where are my pals?"

Remember that the scene in gainer was one group of characters who were assumed dead meeting another character that was assumed dead. :mrgw:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Barara's pod bumps into the space police cruiser carrying the rescued captain Kia, together they decide to stage a break for freedom and continue their space pirate adventures elswhere, leaving the earth sphere behind.

Good End.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Oh god, the next episode title has me terrified. Crossing the Line of Death. This is going to be like how the second to last episode of Zeta was "Casualties of War" and 80% of the supporting cast was murdered. :ohdear:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
OH gently caress. poo poo getting double plus real.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

The main four and Manny and Steer are gonna be safe, right? Right?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

everythingWasBees posted:

I haven't watched the latest episode as it's not up on the aussie streaming service yet (:f5:), but the Megafauna's been out of combat for most of the series (at least, it hasn't gotten into dirty slugging matches that damaged it significantly), so it could be due for a beatdown. And that bridge is rather exposed... :ohdear:.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Manny's fighting the G-Self in a re-entry battle. She is so dead.

On a (possibly) unrelated note, I guess we know why the G-Self and Kabakali are so enthusiastic about murdering each other in the promo art now.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

My favorite small detail this ep is command horn Grimoire variant.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Reco's been having some really pretty battles lately. How much of that is big budget, and how much is making smart use of what they've got?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Reco's been having some really pretty battles lately. How much of that is big budget, and how much is making smart use of what they've got?

It's the final stretch, of episodes, so they're probably just blowing whatever's left.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Eagerly awaiting some gifs of the Yggdrasil's crazy beams.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Manny's fighting the G-Self in a re-entry battle. She is so dead.

On a (possibly) unrelated note, I guess we know why the G-Self and Kabakali are so enthusiastic about murdering each other in the promo art now.

I would actually think way less of the story if it just followed the standard girlfriend death narrative arc, because it's rote as hell. I'm hoping for something more interesting, like even though Manny is still in love with Luin she realizes his hatred has taken him to a place she can never really follow, so she defects back to the megafauna and ends up the 3rd chair of the lucifer with her friends.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It has 3 chairs for a reason!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

It has 3 chairs for a reason!

It has a third chair? :aaaaa:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It has a third chair? :aaaaa:

Yah it's hard to see sometimes because Noredo sits on the right and its usually is out of frame, but it's a 3 pilot machine.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Looks like a old school Cylon machine.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maarak