Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Getting swole I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
lol velcro shoes

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

Bobby Digital posted:

Getting swole I guess.

Whatre these for? I just bought these:

Specifically for squats and deadlifts and crossfit sorts of workouts. I prefer to lift with just socks on but I figured people at the gym don't like that so I got the frees.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
New boots

Red Wing Iron Rangers in amber.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Captain Lavender posted:

Report back after a while, please. I feel like a foam mattress is what I need for my back problems, but I didn't even really consider that I could get one for less than $2-3000; I hadn't really been looking.

Oh, I bought it in Aug 2010. It's great, especially for the price, I just found that it was a bit too firm for my liking. The only reason you should spend 2-3k on a mattress is if you can adjust the firmness somehow. Getting the right firmness is the most important thing, the technology is roughly the same between them all. It's still heavy, dense memory foam - it's not exactly like a temperpedic, but it's close enough for 1/4th the cost.

I figured if I don't like it, I can always buy a different mattress pad until I get one that's just right. And so far that's been the case!

Sadly, my back likes the firmness, I've got back problems as well and I wake up with horrible pains when I use the too-soft pad. Really a shame because it's so comfortable.

Bhodi has a new favorite as of 04:26 on Mar 7, 2015

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

Henchman 21 posted:

New boots

Just bought these myself. They broke in rather quick (1 week or so), but buy an insole.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

prezbuluskey posted:

Specifically for squats and deadlifts and crossfit sorts of workouts. I prefer to lift with just socks on but I figured people at the gym don't like that so I got the frees.

Those look like running shoes...don't do deadlifts and squats in running shoes. And don't do cross fit at all it's garbage.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

big mean giraffe posted:

Those look like running shoes...don't do deadlifts and squats in running shoes. And don't do cross fit at all it's garbage.

Meh they're already doing crossfit, shoes are the least of their problem

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
Got this because I want to step up to a real racing sim and it turns out iRacing is borderline impossible to play with a 360/PS4 controller. Also because Valve VR & the Rift consumer versions are coming out this fall and I want to be decent at iRacing and Project Cars by then. By all accounts both games work amazingly well with a Rift & steering wheel setup.

I also bought my favorite table in the world in Pinball Arcade because I found out it supports portrait mode so I can turn my monitor sideways and see the full table at once.

Now I can practice at home in between trips to my local pay by the hour arcade. For how much I love pinball, I'm embarrassingly bad at it.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i bought a name change on here.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Got this because I want to step up to a real racing sim and it turns out iRacing is borderline impossible to play with a 360/PS4 controller. Also because Valve VR & the Rift consumer versions are coming out this fall and I want to be decent at iRacing and Project Cars by then. By all accounts both games work amazingly well with a Rift & steering wheel setup.

One of us one of us one of us

If you don't have it, buy the Skip Barber. Once you suck (a bit) less, join us in the iracing thread, and in the GoonCar series where I almost have secured the Season 3 championship as long as I don't massively gently caress up :woop:

We also have two or three teams running the Twelve Hours of Sebring at the end of the month, but you need at least a D4.0 license for that.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

prezbuluskey posted:

Squats and oly lifts. I've been lifting with minimal shoes (New Balance Minimus), but I've found that having an elevated heel is a lot easier on my knees and allows me to hit depth easier.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Bhodi posted:

Oh, I bought it in Aug 2010. It's great, especially for the price, I just found that it was a bit too firm for my liking. The only reason you should spend 2-3k on a mattress is if you can adjust the firmness somehow. Getting the right firmness is the most important thing, the technology is roughly the same between them all. It's still heavy, dense memory foam - it's not exactly like a temperpedic, but it's close enough for 1/4th the cost.

I figured if I don't like it, I can always buy a different mattress pad until I get one that's just right. And so far that's been the case!

Sadly, my back likes the firmness, I've got back problems as well and I wake up with horrible pains when I use the too-soft pad. Really a shame because it's so comfortable.

Thank you for this, I think I might take the leap. I think I need something that will hold me in place when I'm asleep. I feel like most of my discomfort comes from turning in the night. Twisting hurts my back, and I have child-bearing hips, so it's a lot of torque. My concern with it being so cheap is its lasting ability; but it's got that warranty, so it seems like a good option.

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.

Got my eyes fixed with ReLEx Smile. I'm glasses-free for the first time in ~25 years. :feelsgood:

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Bought a wireless charger for my S5, more out of curiosity than anything, dead cheap from ebay and works as well as I could want. I'm pleased with this purchase.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Fozaldo posted:

Bought a wireless charger for my S5, more out of curiosity than anything, dead cheap from ebay and works as well as I could want. I'm pleased with this purchase.

Awaiting the inevitable "lost fingat" post, when it explodes in your hand.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Cross-posting from the Cigars and Pipes Discussion Thread.

Got a little gift card for my birthday and finally made it over to the local B&M to get a Savinelli Oscar Lucite 4-Panel Billiard.

(clicky for bigy)

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Bobby Digital posted:

Squats and oly lifts. I've been lifting with minimal shoes (New Balance Minimus), but I've found that having an elevated heel is a lot easier on my knees and allows me to hit depth easier.

Those are running shoes, there's a world of difference between an elevated heel and the lifted toe on a running shoe jesus people.

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011
Couple of dresses for my sister's wedding/rehearsal dinner.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

big mean giraffe posted:

Those are running shoes, there's a world of difference between an elevated heel and the lifted toe on a running shoe jesus people.

I was talking about the ones I posted.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
But prezbuluskey was saying he's using those Nike flyknits for lifting, which is a bad idea.

Mid_Ben
Apr 10, 2008
I bought a MicroBrute. So many weird noises!

Cat wants in on the action.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

LoveMeDead posted:

Couple of dresses for my sister's wedding/rehearsal dinner.

Well it looks like I need some new jolts - these I'm wearing are suddenly too tight. :riker:

Err.... I picked up a couple of old picture frames to put a couple of old pictures in. Trying to avoid putting money in the pocked of the picture-framing mafia. I also bought this Seiko - synchs to GPS satellites so it's always right, and solar powered, too. Sadly, it's the size of a hockey puck.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

Denon AH-D1100s - Forgot how nice it was to just lie down and listen to music.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

KingColliwog posted:

--

I bought that (well not the whole thing, just the bedding stuff), because apparently I'm going to be a dad

Congratulations

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Not all recently but since I last posted in this thread.

Annoying as gently caress at first but eh, I've gotten used to it.
in white.

because I'm an old man and decided to think conservatively and get a more "sensible" car than the Miata I was going to purchase and there's no drat way I was going to buy a new/used sticker price Chevy. Talk about buyer's remorse.
+airbags, headliner, fender, door, and paint job to get said vehicle road worthy.

(not these exact ones)

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

And not a single badger had to lose its life.

I've always refused to pay £150 for something that costs £5 to manufacture, but thanks to an Amazon daily deal, paying £40 is palatable.

Shaves as close as a blade, doesn't tear up my skin like a rotary and is quicker than a blade.

Mind you, I've learnt why you never hear these things running in the adverts: it sounds like a Romanian vibrator.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spog posted:

Mind you, I've learnt why you never hear these things running in the adverts: it sounds like a Romanian vibrator.

You obviously don't know the joke about Russian rear end-vibrators.

Fluue
Jan 2, 2008

Broke down and bought this coffee maker (Bonavita BV1800). Was getting tired of mediocre Keurig coffee and wanted to go back to saving some money using beans + grinder.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
8 cup french press and electric kettle for faster better coffee

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

How fitting, I just received this.

It dried my skin horribly and did a crap job of removing the hair. I'm going to keep it just so I can use the flip-up trimmer when I get too scruffy to use a stick razor.

If you're going to try it, give it a couple of weeks. It takes a while for your skin to get used to a new shaving method.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Fluue posted:

Broke down and bought this coffee maker (Bonavita BV1800). Was getting tired of mediocre Keurig coffee and wanted to go back to saving some money using beans + grinder.

I got the same one (although the brand is called Melitta over here). Probably one of the best drip machines you can get, as good but a lot cheaper than Moccamaster.

big mean giraffe posted:

Also see how the heel is hard on lifting shoes, so they're stable. Unlike running shoes.

I spent few months looking for new lifting shoes, because my old Chucks were falling apart. I didn't want actual power lifting ones, because they're so clunky. Thought about minimal drop running shoes for awhile, then finally said gently caress it and bought another pair of Chucks.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My new French press is as good as my old one. Not shocking considering it's the same one as before.

RIP first one.

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

I bought some new glasses so now I can read road signs when I'm driving.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Fluue posted:

Any reason you didn't just get one of the reusable K-Cups and use your ground beans with that?

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

Got myself Nikon D7100 plus a couple of lenses.

Also this movie because it was the only Wes Anderson movie I haven't seen yet.

getsuga
Dec 31, 2007

Perry Normal posted:

Any reason you didn't just get one of the reusable K-Cups and use your ground beans with that?

Fluue posted:

tired of mediocre Keurig coffee

There's a world of difference between good drip coffee and keurig machines.

I bought a bag for work :)

getsuga has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Mar 8, 2015

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
More or less what I ended up with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Henchman 21 posted:

New boots

You have no idea how jealous I am.
One of these days I won't be poor and can buy fantastic boots, I tells ya!

Bought this because Patton Oswalt is a magical elf and I can't resist anything he puts out