Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

XYZ Pendulums seem weird to me because since they have ranks not levels can they even be resummoned out of the extra deck once destroyed? Seems like fusion pendulums or synchro pendulums will be easier to use.

I do like Odd Eyes Rebellion Dragons's pendulum effect though.since it's pretty much regular old Odd Eye's effect except in overdrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The idea of a "Pendulum Normal" card seems contradictory to me. Even if it's technically a normal card on the field, it can still do something other than just be a monster. It just doesn't feel right, is all.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

SyntheticPolygon posted:

XYZ Pendulums seem weird to me because since they have ranks not levels can they even be resummoned out of the extra deck once destroyed? Seems like fusion pendulums or synchro pendulums will be easier to use.

I do like Odd Eyes Rebellion Dragons's pendulum effect though.since it's pretty much regular old Odd Eye's effect except in overdrive.

There's probably going to be a (this card is treated as Level 7 in the extra deck).

Or not and they intend them as one-off nuke cards.
Like what they intended Quasar to be.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

There's probably going to be a (this card is treated as Level 7 in the extra deck).

It'll be treated as Level 7 while it's face-up in the extra deck.

I'm excited for more cards like this, honestly. I've been wanting more unity between summoning styles in the game for a long time. Now if only Konami would start giving us more unique type/attribute combinations for monsters, I'd be happy.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Qliphort :argh:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Just wait until you play against Nekroz

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well it goes like this.

-Odd eyes Pendulum dragon in p zone, use effect search out Creation.
-odd eyes to extra deck.
-Xyz summon a dragon monster, which is super easy, there are a lot of them in all kinds of ranks.
-Pendulum summon Oddeyes/summon dragon ruler/summon red eyes/whatever.

Use creation's effect and bam there you go.

And there is probably an easier way to summon it as well. Its not like ita a first/second turn nuke, its for when the opponent is in the middle of a set up.

Mecha Phantom Beasts + DNA Surgery.

Bam.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

^^Well poo poo. Youre right.
Im not familiar at all with the Zexal anime archetypes so I didnt know about that. I much prefer the Duel Terminal ones anyways.

Id love for Magician of Creation's effect to become "This cards Rank is now a Level". "Rank -> Level" effect (and vice versa maybe?) Would be really cool effects.
I would love an archetype that juggles that.

Then again that probably will ban any XYZ card that has a strong effect.

Do Solitaire until Planetellar gets 14 materials and just skip your opponents next two turns.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Just wait until you play against Nekroz

I hate both archetypes with a passion

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

There are four million things happening in this design right now and it is pretty off-putting.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The artists did it to troll the 3d modellers.

You know like every single other artist ever.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

At least the black and green card frame is pretty, and I'm sure Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon will look better in action than in the small card artwork.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

At least the black and green card frame is pretty, and I'm sure Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon will look better in action than in the small card artwork.

It certainly did.

In fact, the new episode is pretty drat cool. Don't know exactly what happened since there's no subs but from what I've seen:

• Meiru and Gongenzaka were watching Yuya's duel with the Obelisk Force members. He used a card that allowed him to give a level to DRD after Pendulum Summoning Odd-Eyes. From there, he Xyz Summoned into Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon.
  • Yuya beat the Obelisk Force with relative ease.
  • Yuya was almost crushed by a falling tower but Gong saved him. Gong is loving awesome and should be the main character. Seriously. He let the thing fall on top of him and was not loving phased at all.
  • Meiru confirmed that Yuya has two souls but there's a darkness that's going to destroy both of them. This darkness is presumably the dragons trying to take over.
  • More shenanigans with the fisherman guy being a sad douche and trying to get Pendulum Cards as easily as possible.
  • Yuzu's dad and the 3 kids go off to try and see what's going on with Yuya but Reiji's mom stops them. Need dialogue for this scene though. They aren't allowed to go for some reason so apparently everyone is stuck in the stadium. Probably because the entire city is a giant dueling area and they'd gently caress up something.
  • Yuzu and Serena talked a bunch about Academia and the Xyz war. It looks like Yuzu stopped her from trying to kill all Xyz users. It also looks like she's totally ok with Serena killing Shun. In an interesting moment, Yuzu and Serena switched clothes. Not sure how this is going to work out as they have different hairstyles but whatever. They've apparently been captured by Academia's forces sometime between this episode and the last.
  • Yugo showed up again, apparently guided by Clear-Wing Synchro Dragon to find people but he teleported in (on his D-Wheeler!) in the ice field but he only found some of the other finalists which he beat easily. Reiji didn't expect him to show up as he was surprised when his computer registered a true Synchro Summon out of no where.
  • Dennis was eavesdropping on Yuzu and Serena's conversation. At the end of the episode, Yuri appeared in front of him and Dennis said something about him finally showing up and called him by name. So it looks like Dennis really was shady as gently caress.
  • The next episode seems to be where Serena goes to the place where Shun and Sora are dueling (Sora appears to be winning?) and finds them. Yuri duels too.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

That really sucks about Dennis. He was shady from the start, but I still liked him a lot. The foreshadowing with him drawing Polymerization and losing is funnier now though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You're forgetting the most shocking part of that episode. One of Reiji's elite LDS mooks uses a Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth. If that is supposed to be the deck of apparently one of the best duelists in the dimension then Academia deserves to burn Standard to the ground imo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You're forgetting the most shocking part of that episode. One of Reiji's elite LDS mooks uses a Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth. If that is supposed to be the deck of apparently one of the best duelists in the dimension then Academia deserves to burn Standard to the ground imo.
Hey, Weevil was national champion! :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If he actually managed to summon it, then he IS one of the best duelists around. That poo poo ain't easy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

Hey, Weevil was national champion! :v:

His opponent was Rex and he won using Basic Insect. The nationals were a joke. :colbert:

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Subs are up! Clarifying some things:

Yoko's thirsty cougar subplot continues to be the best thing about this whole tournament. Everyone wants to see the other duels since Reiji cut the feed for them once poo poo got weird. The women are happy to only see Mitchie but Yoko stands and says it's not fair. They should show Dennis too. The kids decide they'll just go see Yuzu and Yuya in person. Yoko says she shouldn't forget about Halill's "ethnic appeal".

Clear-Wing glows and teleports Yugo places to where other dragons are.

Selena is totally ok just changing clothes in public, apparently. :v:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yugo's first thought when he landed in the ice field was that he traveled through time to a distant future where humanity was wiped out. (I appreciate the 5D's nod, intentional or not.) He's the biggest idiot in this show and I love it. :allears:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm kind of wondering what was up with the ninja duelists. Apparently, they know about the other dimensions and/or aren't phased by the revelation after Obelisk Force jumped into the fray in the volcano area. Yuugo is indeed a loving moron. I can't wait to see how Kurosaki's warnings about him turn out to be a big misunderstanding. The episode had decent plot progression but limited on duel time. But the saddest part is we only got a couple shots of good 'ole Crazy-Eyes Sora. Can never get enough of that.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

I'm kind of wondering what was up with the ninja duelists. Apparently, they know about the other dimensions and/or aren't phased by the revelation after Obelisk Force jumped into the fray in the volcano area. Yuugo is indeed a loving moron. I can't wait to see how Kurosaki's warnings about him turn out to be a big misunderstanding. The episode had decent plot progression but limited on duel time. But the saddest part is we only got a couple shots of good 'ole Crazy-Eyes Sora. Can never get enough of that.

I think those ninjas are from Reiji's group as Selena even stated that the Obelisk Force was there to pick her up.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AlternateNu posted:

Considering how they knew about Obelisk Force and the Fusion Dimension, and Reiji talked about them like they were following orders, there's no doubt in my mind that the Fuuma Ninja are under Reiji's payroll. It'd explain how one was strong enough to beat Mieru with ease too, they're there to protect the tournament in case poo poo hits the fan. And oh my god, did poo poo hit the fan.

All four Yu's are now on the field of battle, Yuto as part of Yuya. Also evil Yuya is still loving terrifying. Would've been nice to get more of the duel between him and the Obelisk Force trio, but it's fine, the episode was used for plot and it did that perfectly.
Dennis being of the Fusion Dimension is not very surprising considering how shady he is and how he has Polymerization despite being in the Xyz Course, but it shows just how far he's willing to go. Selena's heavily honour-bound, to the point of not seeing at all how what the Fusion Dimension does is evil, and seems to think everyone follows her mindset. Sora's crazy and sadistic, and sees "Xyz scum" as nothing more than prey for his hunting games. Both, however, follow the rules of their dimension (Fusion good, Xyz bad). Dennis goes as far as commiting an absolute taboo for someone of the Fusion Dimension (Xyz Summoning) to keep his facade, and literally no one would suspect him that way.

Next episode, more Sora crazy faces. What else could I ask for?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon looked pretty cool in the show and Yuya biting that dude was pretty funny. Good episode, more Yoko, Tatsuya's dueling Reira in the finals most likely, Dennis & Yuri are possibly BFFs.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon looked pretty cool in the show and Yuya biting that dude was pretty funny. Good episode, more Yoko, Tatsuya's dueling Reira in the finals most likely, Dennis & Yuri are possibly BFFs.

Speaking of that last part, I haven't watched the subs yet, but man will Yugo get a best buddy? Yuya's got Gongenzaka, Yuto had Shun and Yuri possibly has Dennis. The Synchro dimension has been pretty out-of-focus compared to everything else and that's kind of a shame since Synchro is cool.

Also, I read a translated Interview from the Arc V writers and apparently we're nearing the end of what they consider to be the end of Part 1 (out of 3) of the story. Which is supposed to be at the show's anniversary in April. If they do actually have the next few years or so planned out that's pretty crazy. 5D's fell apart once the first major story arc concluded but if the Arc V guys actually have at least a general idea of the entire story hopefully they'll be able to keep up the quality all the way through.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This show is so loving good. No Yu-Gi-Oh series was this good at utilizing all of their cast, hell most shonen in general aren't this good at it.

It's gonna suck so hard when the other shoe drops, 5D's style. :lol:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 10, 2015

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

If they make all the clothing swapping as confusing as possible I will love this show forever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Speaking of that last part, I haven't watched the subs yet, but man will Yugo get a best buddy? Yuya's got Gongenzaka, Yuto had Shun and Yuri possibly has Dennis. The Synchro dimension has been pretty out-of-focus compared to everything else and that's kind of a shame since Synchro is cool.

Also, I read a translated Interview from the Arc V writers and apparently we're nearing the end of what they consider to be the end of Part 1 (out of 3) of the story. Which is supposed to be at the show's anniversary in April. If they do actually have the next few years or so planned out that's pretty crazy. 5D's fell apart once the first major story arc concluded but if the Arc V guys actually have at least a general idea of the entire story hopefully they'll be able to keep up the quality all the way through.

Well, that's what ZeXal had going for it, ultimately everything was one big storyline that kept being built up. Arc-V is just this completely refined and with great balance on stuff. Of course in tv this means that we're some guys getting fired/finding better jobs or an executive not liking the plotline and stuff goes straight to the toilet and to filler hell.

I wonder, did Reiji hire the brother because they were ninja or were they skilled in stuff and he just gave them ninja costumes so people would assume they're from a random school?

Yuya giving the fisher dude an uppercut was the best.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SyntheticPolygon posted:

His best friend is his bike.

His Yuzu is his other bike.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So is Aster Phoenix always going to be this lame? He's in the opening now, so he's presumably gonna stay important for a while, and that kind of worries me. At least Zane didn't just copy someone else's deck.

Dinosaur guy is awesome though, hope he sticks around.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dinosaur guy sticks around and is featured in the single greatest episode in all of Gx, episode 172.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Momomo posted:

So is Aster Phoenix always going to be this lame? He's in the opening now, so he's presumably gonna stay important for a while, and that kind of worries me. At least Zane didn't just copy someone else's deck.

Dinosaur guy is awesome though, hope he sticks around.

Edo is a principal character of that arc and a semi-permanent fixture after that. He gets pretty cool eventually.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I do like that Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon isn't stupidly hard to summon. Assuming everything gets ported 1:1, all you need is Creation/Destruction, two level 4s and Odd-Eyes. Odd-Eyes' Pendulum effect greases the wheels of that combo a little bit itself. For an Xyz monster that needs another Xyz as material, it's pretty simple to summon, but it still takes effort and a deck fairly dedicated to the task of summoning it, so the payoff feels fair.

What worries me is Magician of Destruction's effect. Freely giving Xyz monsters levels seems like it could cause. Unforseen complications.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I think we're rapidly approaching peak Dark Matter Dragon. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjUbVxYYsm4

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Isn't that technically a two card combo? Seems like you need both Diva and Moulinglacia in hand to make it work.

Pretty crazy once it gets going, though. I'd think Galaxy Rulers would work just as well, though.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm glad that a c-tier shonen mangaka like Kazuki Takahashi can make a poo poo ton of money by complete accident

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm glad that a c-tier shonen mangaka like Kazuki Takahashi can make a poo poo ton of money by complete accident

It makes me jealous.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Who would've thought that a manga suffering for sales that struck a chance by watering down Magic the Gathering could lead him to so much money that all the work he has to do is draw six or seven new character designs every three years to become a rich-rear end motherfucker.

Magazine stuff and episode previews spoil a thing in Arc-V, so legit spoilers here: Sawatari is going to be important in the series as it goes on, Part 1 of 3 ends in episode 50 and he'll be a Lancer by then with a fixed deck. :allears:

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

As if he wouldnt be.