Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Completionists who "need" to beat a game 4 times, you are the reason that is there. You are doing it to yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Okay cool. I guess I was holding off on transferring for no reason.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I've been meaning to do a system transfer, and keep the Wii for mostly GC and homebrew. Someone said the system transfer might choke on invalid tickets (I have one available in Japan only Wiiware game installed through Multi-Mod Manager) so I'd have to delete the ticket and deleting the game wouldn't be enough. Anyone know what application you do that with? Multi-Mod Manager didn't seem to have anything having anything to do with that.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Nolgthorn posted:

Completionists who "need" to beat a game 4 times, you are the reason that is there. You are doing it to yourself.

You're not better than anyone here.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

It is cool that there are many goals to achieve in Super Mario 3D World, if you want to.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Austrian mook posted:

You're not better than anyone here.

Maan, based solely on posting history maybe but no two people are equivalent you hippie.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Hey I'm kinda confused, our family wants to get Mario Party 10 when it comes out but do you absolutely need amiibos to play it or are they just for unlocking stuff?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nolgthorn posted:

Or just use a cheat program or action replay to turn on invincibility and skywalking so you're immune to everything and can clear the stage in seconds.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Green Puddin posted:

Hey I'm kinda confused, our family wants to get Mario Party 10 when it comes out but do you absolutely need amiibos to play it or are they just for unlocking stuff?

Just for unlocking bonus stuff, there are no games that require amiibos to function.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Green Puddin posted:

You'll need at least one of the supported Amiibo if you wanna play the Amiibo Party mode and I can only assume each player will need their own Amiibo if you wanna play it with other people.

Supported Amiibo are Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, Yoshi, Rosalina, Wario, DK. Most of those amiibo come in both Smash or Super Mario variants but either version is fine.

The two other main modes are standard modern Mario Party (with everyone travelling in the same vehicle) and Bowser Party (4v1 with one person playing as Bowser using the gamepad), neither of which require Amiibo.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Good to know ;-*

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I got a Pro Controller recently and that thing totally lives up to the hype. Tropical Freeze feels a lot better with it and I never had a problem with the Gamd Pad.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

All Frogs posted:

I got a Pro Controller recently and that thing totally lives up to the hype. Tropical Freeze feels a lot better with it and I never had a problem with the Gamd Pad.

Yeah it's good. It feels much better for Bayo 2, Mario 3D World (except for the parts that needed the gamepad), and Mario Kart 8

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah it's good. It feels much better for Bayo 2, Mario 3D World (except for the parts that needed the gamepad), and Mario Kart 8

I can totally see Bayo 2 being better with it. My hand was cramping toward the end of it when I played through with the Game Pad. I haven't yet played through Bayo1 so I'll probably do that with the Pro Controller

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

All Frogs posted:

I can totally see Bayo 2 being better with it. My hand was cramping toward the end of it when I played through with the Game Pad. I haven't yet played through Bayo1 so I'll probably do that with the Pro Controller

God yeah. I have to play Bayo 2 on the gamepad when I'm doing the Off-TV thing and it really feels much worse.

Also part of that is looking at the tiny screen probably

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

All Frogs posted:

There's not a lot of controllers that feels better than the Pro Controller. Not just for the Wii U, but in general. Shame the USB cable is a lie.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

There's not a lot of controllers that feels better than the Pro Controller. Not just for the Wii U, but in general. Shame the USB cable is a lie.

Does it not work on PC? Never tried since I don't play my PS3 much anymore so I leave the dual shock there

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Does it not work on PC? Never tried since I don't play my PS3 much anymore so I leave the dual shock there

It technically works on the PC in the sense that you plug in the USB connector and it charges the controller.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I love the Gamepad, but it can feel really delicate sometimes. The Pro Controller remedies this nicely.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The pro controller only works over bluetooth and the USB cable is just for charging.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Actually does a nice job of controlling my Honda Civic, even if I can't use it on tf2 on my pc.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I got my Smash Bros OST CD's in the mail yesterday. I just popped the red disc into my PC and itunes is showing me every track name in Japanese. This is confusing.

edit: I learned something about iTunes and finally selected the correct CD listing. I know what I'll be listening to at work from now until the end of time. :D

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 8, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Wildtortilla posted:

I got my Smash Bros OST CD's in the mail yesterday. I just popped the red disc into my PC and itunes is showing me every track name in Japanese. This is confusing.

They probably only did one printing of the disks with all Japanese metadata. That said, iTunes gave me the option to import English metadata, so everything is readable in my library now.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Green Puddin posted:

They unlock some pretty cool stuff:

First time I'll be tempted to "catch 'em all", as they say.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
I'm thinking about returning the Pro Controller I just got. First, the rumble is far more dominant on the left side with barely any on the right. Even when I hold it with just alternating hands to check, the right side hardly has anything. Ok, so maybe this one is defective.

But a bigger killer is the button placement. Good lord was that a bad idea, putting the right thumbstick up there instead of the buttons. I'm usually pretty adaptable with this sort of stuff but it seems like it'll never be a comfy use at all having to stretch my thumb like that.

Anyone else?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Just going to drop this in here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5bM_bLZNtU

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Agent Escalus posted:

But a bigger killer is the button placement. Good lord was that a bad idea, putting the right thumbstick up there instead of the buttons. I'm usually pretty adaptable with this sort of stuff but it seems like it'll never be a comfy use at all having to stretch my thumb like that.

Anyone else?

How are you holding it? Most game where you'll use both sticks they generally expect you to rest your thumb on A and X so you only have to reach a little bit to get to the stick or other buttons. Pretty much every other controller has built up an expectation that the bottom buttons are most important but the Wii u is a little different.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Agent Escalus posted:

I'm thinking about returning the Pro Controller I just got. First, the rumble is far more dominant on the left side with barely any on the right. Even when I hold it with just alternating hands to check, the right side hardly has anything. Ok, so maybe this one is defective.

Anyone else?

I completely agree but everyone here falls over themselves to makes claims like:

Theta Zero posted:

There's not a lot of controllers that feels better than the Pro Controller.

This is probably the most insane thing I've ever read

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Agent Escalus posted:

Anyone else?
Yeah, I agree. With that form, B and Y are rear end to reach in a comfortable way. The regular Wii U pad is much better in that regard. Haven't touched the Pro after I tried it the first time.

Maybe I should try playing Mario Kart with it, though, since the only face button I actually need there is A.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

oddium posted:

This is the most exaggerated thing I have ever read.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I love the pro controller, it owns

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The Pro Controller might be my new favorite controller. It's great.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

I completely agree but everyone here falls over themselves to makes claims like:

its Really Good and i like it a whole lot

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Agent Escalus posted:

Anyone else?

The button placement hosed with me a bit at first since I've gotten so used to the 360 layout, but I got over it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

raditts posted:

The button placement hosed with me a bit at first since I've gotten so used to the 360 layout, but I got over it.

Same. Now Xbox controllers feels awkward to me.

If only the Pro controller wasn't annoying to connect to a PC then it would be perfect for me.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If you're willing to shell out 20 bucks there's a mayflash adapter for it that owns.

It's pretty much a perfect controller for me, before the PS4 controller all the Sony ones felt a tad too small and the Xbox ones are too fat and the Xbone one simply feels wrong with the triggers, the pro controller is a perfect in-between and feels pretty great in my hands after the first ten minutes of getting used to the right side of it. The fact that it never runs out of juice is also pretty neat.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Agent Escalus posted:

Anyone else?

Are you a tyrannosaurus rex

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If your thumb has to stretch to reach the buttons on the Pro Controller, you're probably gripping it in a really bizarre way. Your thumb should be able to swing in a comfortable arc from B/Y to the right stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I love the pro controller, it's so bad

• Locked thread