Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lazy edit for what it might actually look like on tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Aphrodite posted:

It's just the classic Supergirl costume with leggings. DC did design it.

I'm referring to the new 52 designs like Starfire, Supergirl and Harley.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

I'm referring to the new 52 designs like Starfire, Supergirl and Harley.

Even Starfire is getting a new costume that is more like her cartoon look.

Actually, it's even less revealing than her cartoon costume. That one is sleeveless and has a miniskirt instead of shorts.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 7, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Why is everyone ogling her.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Because she's drawn by Amanda Conner.

Also, it's an orange woman with bootie shorts.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Skwirl posted:

Also, it's an orange woman with bootie shorts.

Not really THAT unusual in the days of tanning lotion though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Oh, I shoulda known from the Stepford Wives smile.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lurdiak posted:

Why is everyone colored like Gummy Bears?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Yeah I have no idea why Blue Lantern and Killer Frost and uh...Poison Ivy? were in the 1997 Justice League pilot.

Its supposed to be Fire.

SirDan3k posted:

I find crushed velvet works best for TV

The "best" part of that costume is that they were single use so once he put it on for the day's shoot he was expected to keep it on until they were done.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

zoux posted:

Yeah I have no idea why Blue Lantern and Killer Frost and uh...Poison Ivy? were in the 1997 Justice League pilot.

Fire (green) and Ice (blue) were prominent members of the Justice League International in the late '80s up until Grant Morrison relaunched the title as JLA in 1996.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Gaz-L posted:

I think they're just tights/hose, not actual leggings. Unless she's a 14 year old girl from when I was in school, where skirts over leggings and jeans was the poo poo.

Still a rather popular look though. Also, not a bad idea if you're flying in a skirt and don't want to flash everyone.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

The "best" part of that costume is that they were single use so once he put it on for the day's shoot he was expected to keep it on until they were done.
How does that work? They couldnt make it with a zipper or something?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Lazy edit for what it might actually look like on tv.

For some reason, I really like the red piping on her top.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Soonmot posted:

The leggings being red causes my brain to skip, I think them being blue like her top would be better. Otherwise, pretty decent costume IMO.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mike Colter says that Luke Cage will already have his super powers in AKA Jessica Jones

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Makes sense, since he got his powers as part of a medical experiment while in jail, and I didn't think he'd be in jail during Jessica Jones. I bet there will be a flashback or two to the experiment during his own series.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Soonmot posted:

I didn't even notice the red piping in the original photos.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

teagone posted:

I didn't even notice the red piping in the original photos.

I had to zoom in to spot them even in the lightened one.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It's kind of frustrating that we haven't seen any new trailers for Daredevil, the one they made looks good but still wanna see more! Also it seems violent as hell, even in the trailer. So I guess they're going full on Frank Miller.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Netflix don't really do a million trailers for their shows. OITNB, House of Cards, Marco Polo and Kimmy Schmidt all only had one, and maybe a real short teaser, I believe.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

A casting call went out for three new heroes for the upcoming CW spinoff show

quote:

“THE TRAVELER” | A Han Solo-esque rogue who gets by with his charm, this hero hails from the future, and has journeyed back in time on a secret mission. His razor-sharp wit hides the pain of a man who has lived through serious conflict. He also harbors many secrets, always leaving both his teammates and the audience unsure of his true allegiances.
Oh man we're gonna get Booster Gold :allears:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blue Beetle have got to be one of the others.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Booster Gold and razor sharp wit doesn't really go together...

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I'm hoping that the Mystery Hero is Static.

Also Mystery Hero's blurb confirms this is gonna be a team show and not an anthology thing. Which means we're getting Sara back. Get hype, boys.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I would rather have Rip Hunter myself.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I would rather have Rip Hunter myself.

You're in luck cuz that basically describes Rip rather than Booster.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
So time travel fuckery to save Sara Lance? I'm down.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Who could the latina character be?

I find it funny that despite the description for the African-American hero not mentioning his powers, almost every speculated characters are those with electrical powers.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

I'm thinking Yolanda Montes (Wildcat III) or Fire

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The MSJ posted:

I find it funny that despite the description for the African-American hero not mentioning his powers, almost every speculated characters are those with electrical powers.

Well, it's not going to be John Stewart Green Lantern or Cyborg, and honestly the only other black DC heros I can think of have electricity powers. Well, and Diggle, but they wouldn't have a casting call for him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Well, it's not going to be John Stewart Green Lantern or Cyborg, and honestly the only other black DC heros I can think of have electricity powers. Well, and Diggle, but they wouldn't have a casting call for him.

You forgot the best one. Mr. Terrific. It's not going to be him though.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Isn't FireStorm supposed to be on this show? If so, I doubt they would have two fire people on the cast, if only to save money on SFX.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Deadpool posted:

I actually did remember him, but then forgot him again in the middle of typing the post, and, like you said, it's not going to be him.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Deadpool posted:

Skwirl posted:

I actually did remember him, but then forgot him again in the middle of typing the post, and, like you said, it's not going to be him.

But wouldn't it be cool if it was?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sgt. Politeness posted:

But wouldn't it be cool if it was?

I'll be honest, I haven't read anything with him that makes me think he's cool, He just sorta exists in the back of my head as someone who's there. (With Nu 52 is he even there anymore?)

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wally West. Log it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Wally West. Log it.

Wally West isn't black. (Although I wouldn't be opposed to him being black in a tv show, I don't think they're going to do that, plus they already have a time traveller).

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Wally West isn't black.
Boy have I got some news for you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Boy have I got some news for you.

Is he at least Kid Flash? I don't actually care if he's black or not, I'm just annoyed about what DC did to him in general and haven't followed Flash since the reboot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There's not much more to the story than "He's black now." Bart is still Kid Flash. Either way, his aunt Iris is black in the CW 'verse, so...