Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Eiffel On You posted:

Yeah I don't think there is really any characters that suck now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
If you're having fun, do whatever you want while levelling. You don't really need to worry about optimal build strategies until you're 60 and doing cosmics/raids.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You can play any character for leveling and terminals, though some might do it much faster than others. If you eventually want to raid though some specs/heroes are a LOT better than others and will require less gear to be raid viable. Loki in particular is one of the worst characters right now for raids with his frost build, and pet build is even worse. Other really bad characters right now: Deadpool, Invisible Woman(is an injoke by now as you can see), Hawkeye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Taskmaster.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Oh. Deadpool is the one I had leveled before I quit. Bummer. But I'll just level whatever and worry about it when I get there. I might get Ghost Rider or Dr. Strange since I - have no idea how I have these splinters, but wahey. They're both cool. I may ask someone if I catch them online to hop into the Super Group. I have a ways to go, but thanks for the advice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Aerofallosov posted:

But I'll just level whatever and worry about it when I get there.

Good idea. We're all just talking about min-maxing afterall.

EDIT: If you want some good 200 splinter ideas, Storm and X-23 are pretty good. Thing is also decent but kinda janky.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

RatHat posted:

Good idea. We're all just talking about min-maxing afterall.

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I appreciate the advice to level whatever and decide if I want to raid/whatever later.

Edit: And I seem to have 600 splinters for some reason. I'll keep an eye out for those! Thank you.

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
Dang. DANG! Marvel Heroes 2 is looking great!

Here's my Moon Knight:

Looks like they're going for a more gritty and realistic approach to the hero appearances.

I found a nice slot 5 with + ranks to Caestus. It appears to be BIS?!? :eyepop:

I also met ICR in game! I see he got a beta invite, too!

(Big thanks to SmokinDan for the gift! I already beat it on the Triple, but it's awesome having the PC version.)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
New Game+ today!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The boxes are pretty much the only thing that keep my low-level heroes in level-appropriate gear right now, since I have a 100% booster+a 50%+another 50% for having a hero at 60. If I maxed more heroes it would probably be even crazier. I got my Star Lord to 30 in like twenty minutes, it was loving insane.

I got Thor to 60 on the last day of Omega. He was wearing two cosmics and three purples, none higher than 25.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

RatHat posted:

Loki in particular is one of the worst characters right now for raids with his frost build, and pet build is even worse.

There's a Loki build with a 31s ttk now. Worked great for me in a raid.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Aerofallosov posted:

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I appreciate the advice to level whatever and decide if I want to raid/whatever later.

Edit: And I seem to have 600 splinters for some reason. I'll keep an eye out for those! Thank you.

If you are even semi curious about raiding I suggesting doing one in the sg since pub raids have the wow mentality of you must have better gear then this raid drops to raid this raid. The currency is limited to 150/week from raids and like 12 a day from oneshots / sqs so the sooner you start the quicker you get the upgrade recipes. I get that raiding isn't for everyone though so if you don't think you will like it you can avoid it and eventually get enough currency to buy the recipes and stuff.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
To those of you with thousands of Splinters: what would a bovineheim spot be worth to you?

They're 100 splinters to buy from Adam Warlock now which is reduced from 200. The last boss guaranteed drops like 7-9 uniques and I've had good luck getting one or two more from the roaming trash elsewhere in the level.

I'd like to be able to buy my way into these portals if possible as I don't have 100+++++ splinters. But, I know a few of you bought the advanced packs and pick up other content with cash as well... which leaves you with surplus splinters unless you rank up some Ults.

So, what would a fair value be to you guys? You drop 100 splinters AND get those uniques. I'd just like a spot to leech off of your whaling for some uniques that I can either use or turn in for credit chests.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
a swgn for 6

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I have a stockpile of every portal because I figured I need to talk to other people to run them and it's all too complicated. How do I turn them into boss artis.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
WTT portal for portal++

btw, the event after this was supposed to be the 'new' ARMOR event, which cows was also good for.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

nickhimself posted:

To those of you with thousands of Splinters: what would a bovineheim spot be worth to you?

They're 100 splinters to buy from Adam Warlock now which is reduced from 200. The last boss guaranteed drops like 7-9 uniques and I've had good luck getting one or two more from the roaming trash elsewhere in the level.

I'd like to be able to buy my way into these portals if possible as I don't have 100+++++ splinters. But, I know a few of you bought the advanced packs and pick up other content with cash as well... which leaves you with surplus splinters unless you rank up some Ults.

So, what would a fair value be to you guys? You drop 100 splinters AND get those uniques. I'd just like a spot to leech off of your whaling for some uniques that I can either use or turn in for credit chests.

I still have 20+ Bovenheim portals and you sir are welcome to leech off me at no cost anytime I run them. I'll need to do some soon for Punisher and Bobby D.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

nickhimself posted:

I have like 30 portals DP said he'd run with me and never did, hit me up sometime

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008
is there a way to buy infinity shards with in-game currency? I've got tons of credits with no real use, but I'd like to start unlocking heroes at a rate higher than once a week.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kaincypher posted:

is there a way to buy infinity shards with in-game currency? I've got tons of credits with no real use, but I'd like to start unlocking heroes at a rate higher than once a week.

Nope.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Kaincypher posted:

You can buy mark 2 fortune cards or splinter boosts when they go on sale.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I bought my first random box today, with half the group shouting at me not to and to get someone I'd enjoy, and the other half egging me on.

Got Captain America.

His costumes are all kinda ugly, wtb better costumes.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

with half the group shouting at me not to

These people aren't your friends. The game has two stages: the fun stage where randoming is still insanely efficient and the miserable addiction part where you have too much of the roster to random.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

KittyEmpress posted:

I bought my first random box today, with half the group shouting at me not to and to get someone I'd enjoy, and the other half egging me on.

Got Captain America.

His costumes are all kinda ugly, wtb better costumes.

I'd kill for a Bucky Rescue costume.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

First Avenger is an all around awesome and well detailed costume for how old it is on the Gaz timeline but I would love that Rescue costume

Also where the hell is bomber jacket Cyke. That would sell like hotcakes as a variant on the classic 90s

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Tom Gorman posted:

First Avenger is an all around awesome and well detailed costume for how old it is on the Gaz timeline but I would love that Rescue costume

Also where the hell is bomber jacket Cyke

okay yeah, First Avenger is probably the only one I actually semi liked. It still wasn't amazing though.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Spudsly posted:

These people aren't your friends. The game has two stages: the fun stage where randoming is still insanely efficient and the miserable addiction part where you have too much of the roster to random.

Seriously, random boxes are the best. As someone with all the characters I was still buying random boxes every time a new character came out. Now since I bought the advance pack 2 I get all the characters automatically and I still occasionally buy them.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The problem with Captain America's costumes is his face looks insane in most of them

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Did anyone post this (NSFW) for the Punisher review?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Haerc posted:

It's literally a slap to the etc that his sig isn't a bottle of Jack Daniel's

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I also have a bunch of bovineheims that can be leeched off me

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Haerc posted:

I want a punisher/dredd crossover. gently caress.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

I also have a bunch of bovineheims that can be leeched off me

Same.

And after playing with Funisher this weekend, I like the ammo mechanic. And the Battle Van is just down right goofy. Goofy and fun. Considering the number of Punishers I saw today, I'm surprised I didn't see the Van in MM at all.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Coffeehitler posted:

Same.

And after playing with Funisher this weekend, I like the ammo mechanic. And the Battle Van is just down right goofy. Goofy and fun. Considering the number of Punishers I saw today, I'm surprised I didn't see the Van in MM at all.
Nothing lives long enough to justify getting in the Van, has been my experience.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

HebrewMagic posted:

It's literally a slap to the etc that his sig isn't a bottle of Jack Daniel's
Should have been his melee basic at the very least.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

So I haven't tested it yet but I'm guessing for spenders weaving orb w/ beam is best for both pure ranged and summon/ranged Bobby D? That's what my gut tells me anyways. I don't know that you can really get the points for doing that with points in construct stuff too, haven't looked that closely.

Summon supported Iceman is turning out rather fun. Gearing him is still going to be a huge mess, but at least for leveling it's easy breezy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Nothing lives long enough to justify getting in the Van, has been my experience.
Including Frank.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Prel posted:

So I haven't tested it yet but I'm guessing for spenders weaving orb w/ beam is best for both pure ranged and summon/ranged Bobby D? That's what my gut tells me anyways. I don't know that you can really get the points for doing that with points in construct stuff too, haven't looked that closely.

Summon supported Iceman is turning out rather fun. Gearing him is still going to be a huge mess, but at least for leveling it's easy breezy.

Pure ranged iceman seems like a waste. Constructs are way too good at drawing attention, doing damage, and even going construct focus doesn't seem like a dps loss.

Like I see no benefits for going beams focus, other than having less things on the screen. There just doesn't seem to be a dps gain in the other focus skills but construct seems to help a lot.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Leper Residue posted:

Pure ranged iceman seems like a waste. Constructs are way too good at drawing attention, doing damage, and even going construct focus doesn't seem like a dps loss.

Like I see no benefits for going beams focus, other than having less things on the screen. There just doesn't seem to be a dps gain in the other focus skills but construct seems to help a lot.

You get vastly more powerful shatters. I don't know at this point which comes out on top for pure dps. I don't disagree with you about the general utility of the summons and construct focus.

Melee/beam focus shatters are like 800% damage when Flash Freeze is up, it's absurd.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Prel posted:

You get vastly more powerful shatters. I don't know at this point which comes out on top for pure dps. I don't disagree with you about the general utility of the summons and construct focus.

Melee/beam focus shatters are like 800% damage when Flash Freeze is up, it's absurd.

I've been doing flash freeze into shatter for my rotations, and it just feels so underwhelming. It feels like the bonus to shatter from Flash Freeze doesn't always proc, or never loving crits. My shatters seem to do the same damage whether I remember to use flash freeze or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Just got Silver Surfer from a random box and have him up to L40 so far.

So basically, this guy can just charge over everything, shoot guys while charging over everything, get stronger by charging over everything, boost his teleport by charging over everything, restore his spirit with an AOE every few seconds while still charging over everything, and stop charging only to pull everything over a DoT field that makes it easier to keep charging over everything?

Jesus, Silver Surfer owns.

• Locked thread