Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Whats broken about it? Friendly fire is working as intended if that's your problem.

No. like... connecting to people/friends. It was not great to begin with and then with their patch it got horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Feenix posted:

No. like... connecting to people/friends. It was not great to begin with and then with their patch it got horrible.

I usually have to try at least 3-4 times to get into a server, but that also encourages me to stay with a group once I manage to connect to one. Positive unintended side effect?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Inspector Hound posted:

I usually have to try at least 3-4 times to get into a server, but that also encourages me to stay with a group once I manage to connect to one. Positive unintended side effect?

I have never once been able to connect to goons. No poo poo four goon games will be going on and I get a different reason for each one. No connection was made. Connection refused. Unable to connect. At least with pubbie games I'll fail to connect 95% of the time but there are so many to try to connect to I will eventually get one.

Game is great. Multiplayer is pretty loving broken as far as connecting. Once you get there, its great. Until then, it blows.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Spaceman Future! posted:

Wait there were people who played that game in color? Playing it s a a black and white Noire thriller was 3/4 the fun.

:aaa: I didn't even know this was an option. Looks like I have another run of LA Noire to do. I think LA Noire is the only game+season pass I ever bought on release day. Boy how the Complete Edition made me feel like a money wasting tool.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I loved LA Noire, even with all the broken stuff, but I would absolutely lose all my poo poo if they would make a next-gen Red Dead game.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I loved LA Noire, even with all the broken stuff, but I would absolutely lose all my poo poo if they would make a next-gen Red Dead game.

Same and same. I keep reading rumors that they are going to rerelease Red Dead Redemption on PS4 and XBone and just the few vague sentences got me all hot and bothered :fap:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Whats broken about it? Friendly fire is working as intended if that's your problem.

connection issues

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Taratang posted:

The most jarring thing in that game isn't even what the main character does on screen. It's the fact that he completely abandons his family and has an affair with a witness entirely off camera. Seemed like a whole bunch of plot/character development was missing with no explanation whatsoever.

Something I like in GTAV is that Michael will tell the therapist that it sometimes feels like he suddenly has these bouts of uncontrollable rage compelling him to do terrible things :ohdear:.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

frenton posted:

:aaa: I didn't even know this was an option. Looks like I have another run of LA Noire to do. I think LA Noire is the only game+season pass I ever bought on release day. Boy how the Complete Edition made me feel like a money wasting tool.

:eng101: you can play any game in black and white by turning down the color settings on your television

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just beat the last of the Olli Olli campaign on amateur. A really well polished, fun experience and I would definitely pay full price if they made a third one.

I went into expecting a skateboarding game but it's more like super meat boy with a skateboard, or maybe bit.trip.runner. They give you a set of tools to use and then force you to use them quicker and quicker until everything just flows together.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Something I like in GTAV is that Michael will tell the therapist that it sometimes feels like he suddenly has these bouts of uncontrollable rage compelling him to do terrible things :ohdear:.

I love Michael and how completely messed up he is.

"I'm a happy deer and a SAD PATHETIC MAN." Jesus.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

Just beat the last of the Olli Olli campaign on amateur. A really well polished, fun experience and I would definitely pay full price if they made a third one.

I went into expecting a skateboarding game but it's more like super meat boy with a skateboard, or maybe bit.trip.runner. They give you a set of tools to use and then force you to use them quicker and quicker until everything just flows together.

Yeah I downloaded it on a whim today and then I looked up and it was 2.5 hours later. About 45 minutes in things clicked and I hit a flow and it was sublime. Really cool use of the analog stick. It's like a platformer with idiosyncratic but satisfying controls as much as it is a skateboarding game.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

If I leave my ps4 in rest mode, can i buy something off the PSN website and have it download automatically to my console?

Also, will games auto-update if I leave it in rest mode too?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

If I leave my ps4 in rest mode, can i buy something off the PSN website and have it download automatically to my console?

yes!!!!!! it's cool!!!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

You need to tell it to download when you buy it, but yes.

The order completion page has the download link.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Trophies Sync, save data uploads to the cloud and system software updates download (but don't install) as well.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Kinda digging in the crates here... but did anyone here play Borderlands Pre-Sequel? As a lover of the first 2, I am finding the controls of jumping/floating and the fact that you have to jump to then place things or grab things to be absolutely abysmal. Also if you land on slanted topography or architecture it won't often let you jump and you just kinda helplessly slide down. Even in places you should be going.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Feenix posted:

Kinda digging in the crates here... but did anyone here play Borderlands Pre-Sequel? As a lover of the first 2, I am finding the controls of jumping/floating and the fact that you have to jump to then place things or grab things to be absolutely abysmal. Also if you land on slanted topography or architecture it won't often let you jump and you just kinda helplessly slide down. Even in places you should be going.
Yeah...I did. I quit halfway through, it just wasn't doing anything for me. A lot of the reason I don't know why, and/or it makes me think that liking 2 was just a fluke.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Borderlands was a good, although flawed, game. Good proof of concept. Borderlands 2 polished what was in the first game to a mirror sheen, but didn't take the time to fix any of the actual problems with it. Also the writing is terrible. Still a good game, but still just as flawed and that's pretty worrying for the series going forward. Borderlands the Pre-Sequel is Australians on the Moon set to the backdrop of that moon mission from Duke Nukem Forever.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Housh posted:

I have never played a Souls game however I am curious about Bloodbourne because of the hype/exclusivity and the art design. Is it a 3rd person action adventure like Zelda or is it more like the Witcher series. I still have no idea what type of game it is no matter what sort of marketing stuff I read or see. Is there any good gameplay footage floating around that gives you the gist?

Have you ever played a pre-SOTN Castlevania game? Because Souls games are basically that, but as a 3D action RPG.

E: The Souls games will also - thankfully very rarely - ask you to platform. You should always dread this, because that engine is not built for platforming.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 9, 2015

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

I loved Borderlands 2 but why anyone would want to take that and smear monkeycheese custom Quake2 server nograv all over it is beyond me

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

Yes.
Yes, but only if you have PS+. If you don't, updates are found only when it's on.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

King of Solomon posted:

Have you ever played a pre-SOTN Castlevania game? Because Souls games are basically that, but as a 3D action RPG.
Why pre-SOTN? To me it's the closest thing to SOTN that's not one of its sequels.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The only part of the Souls series that plays even remotely similar to SOTN is the first half of Dark Souls 1. Demon's Souls in particular is a series of set levels and there is a reason people refer to them as 1-1, 1-2, etc. Dark Souls 2 is a little oddly pieced together, it isn't a seamlessly interconnected world like the first one was. It's more like a bunch of individual levels that were stitched together.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I'm not happy with the PS4 as of right now. Not happy at all. Sure Bloodborne is coming soon, and yes I will be playing it, but as a long time PS fan, I am not happy. What's happening between BB and E3? I wanted to like Driveclub but that is absolute garbage. Order 1886 was a mediocre at best, and LBP 3 failed to hold my interest. It seems like any PS4 game realeased could have easily been released for the PS3. I guess I will still be waiting.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why pre-SOTN? To me it's the closest thing to SOTN that's not one of its sequels.

The powerup focus to the exploration (and combat, where applicable) completely changes the way the game plays, even if it's very similar in other ways. I feel like Metroidvanias and Souls games are only superficially similar, while I see a very direct comparison to, say, Rondo of Blood.

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

I'm a huge retarded sperglord who can't spell, but Starfleet Dental would still take me and I love them for it!

Anime Curator posted:

I'm not happy with the PS4 as of right now. Not happy at all. Sure Bloodborne is coming soon, and yes I will be playing it, but as a long time PS fan, I am not happy. What's happening between BB and E3? I wanted to like Driveclub but that is absolute garbage. Order 1886 was a mediocre at best, and LBP 3 failed to hold my interest. It seems like any PS4 game realeased could have easily been released for the PS3. I guess I will still be waiting.

No they couldn't have if only just because of the memory limits alone. The Shadows of Mordor game play systems are a good example of this.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Anime Curator posted:

Axiom Verge if you're not getting the Vita or PC version
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD if you need a JRPG fix
Project CARS if you want racing
The Witcher 3, if it's not delayed any longer will be released just before E3

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Anime Curator posted:

Import game of the year Natsuiro Highschool comes out in June, and runner up EDF 4.1 sometime before then.

Before someone quotes me and says its loving Puyo Puyo Tetris, that came out last year gently caress you. This year is the anime upskirt photography game.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

There really isn't anything you can compare Souls games to and that's why people go crazy for them here. The only way to get your Dark Souls fix is to get Souls games or other games made by From (like Bloodborne). That being said, there are "Souls-like" games coming out that look promising, the most being "Salt and Sanctuary"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLkHA-W8KFA

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

There really isn't anything you can compare Souls games to and that's why people go crazy for them here. The only way to get your Dark Souls fix is to get Souls games or other games made by From (like Bloodborne). That being said, there are "Souls-like" games coming out that look promising, the most being "Salt and Sanctuary"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLkHA-W8KFA

Saw Giant Bomb's Quick Look EX on it, the first thing drew my eyes was the fonts on the menus and it struck me very Dark Souls-ish, then I saw the game play. It's definitely a 2D Souls, it's weird!

Saedar
Nov 4, 2009

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave.
Just finished up Dying light, first game I have completed on my new ps4. Really enjoyed the game overall but, like so many other games the end section is such a chore and ends with quick time event which was extremely lame.

Ashendar
Oct 19, 2011

Can somebody share their experience with Just Dance 2014/2015 on PS4?

My wife wants some fitness/body action game, and those two are the only ones that exist for PS4, or maybe someone can suggest some other game?

I do not have PS camera yet, and was about to buy it along with the game, but then i saw that a lot of reviews on amazon are negative. People complain about camera tracking and game freezing.

Should i just buy PS3 move controller instead of camera for the game?

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Ashendar posted:

Can somebody share their experience with Just Dance 2014/2015 on PS4?

My wife wants some fitness/body action game, and those two are the only ones that exist for PS4, or maybe someone can suggest some other game?

I do not have PS camera yet, and was about to buy it along with the game, but then i saw that a lot of reviews on amazon are negative. People complain about camera tracking and game freezing.

Should i just buy PS3 move controller instead of camera for the game?

I played 2014 and while the camera does work, I found using the move controller more responsive.

One thing to note regarding the camera if you do go that route, it has to be above the TV to work in 2014 and will not work if it's located underneath. I had to prop it above the TV with boxes and whatnot. I'm not sure if this was changed for 2015.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

homeless snail posted:

Import game of the year Natsuiro Highschool comes out in June, and runner up EDF 4.1 sometime before then.

Before someone quotes me and says its loving Puyo Puyo Tetris, that came out last year gently caress you. This year is the anime upskirt photography game.

Ryu ga Gotoku 0 is coming out on Thursday and based on the demo I think it's really good. Whether or not it's import game of the year depends on how much Japanese you know. Or I guess you can stick with your anime upskirt game, whatever you want man.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Holy crap, for some reason I thought the PS4 was region locked. Now I'm even more excited for mine to come in the mail today.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
This is my run of a Daily Grind in OlliOlli2 from a few days ago, showing the few practice runs (edited down) prior to the actual run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ai7NLLwDnM

Seriously, every freakin' time...except yesterday, yesterday I did good. More in reference to how things went on OlliOlli the First.

I'm not sure what's up with the friend leaderboards on this, either it's only showing a sample of scores or some of you are super sporadic with what you do. I think it has to be the former since I'm pretty sure I've seen scores posted by some of you on later levels but not earlier ones.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Unmature posted:

Holy crap, for some reason I thought the PS4 was region locked. Now I'm even more excited for mine to come in the mail today.
PS3, PS4, and Vita aren't region locked except for stupid Persona 4 Arena on PS3, so enjoy.

Other companies need to catch up with WRT region locking.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Brightman posted:

This is my run of a Daily Grind in OlliOlli2 from a few days ago, showing the few practice runs (edited down) prior to the actual run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ai7NLLwDnM

Seriously, every freakin' time...except yesterday, yesterday I did good. More in reference to how things went on OlliOlli the First.

I'm not sure what's up with the friend leaderboards on this, either it's only showing a sample of scores or some of you are super sporadic with what you do. I think it has to be the former since I'm pretty sure I've seen scores posted by some of you on later levels but not earlier ones.

Add RiotingMime1 if you want someone else for your leaderboards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Harlock posted:

PS3, PS4, and Vita aren't region locked except for stupid Persona 4 Arena on PS3, so enjoy.

And even that's been replaced by the region-free Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, thankfully.

• Locked thread