Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
My surfer hit 60 with like no artifacts, and 2 lvl 25 items. I didn't even notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
once upon a time (2 days ago) while prestiging Punisher I hit 58 & realized I had found so little gear I still had a Level 2 Black Cat's Grappling Hook & Level 5 Cosmic Shoes on him.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
It's why everyone cosmics him. You don't need gear or even a build, just put points into a skill, use that skill and voila! Everything dies!

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Shine posted:

Just got Silver Surfer from a random box and have him up to L40 so far.

So basically, this guy can just charge over everything, shoot guys while charging over everything, get stronger by charging over everything, boost his teleport by charging over everything, restore his spirit with an AOE every few seconds while still charging over everything, and stop charging only to pull everything over a DoT field that makes it easier to keep charging over everything?

Jesus, Silver Surfer owns.

Watch out for spiders.

Leper Residue posted:

I've been doing flash freeze into shatter for my rotations, and it just feels so underwhelming. It feels like the bonus to shatter from Flash Freeze doesn't always proc, or never loving crits. My shatters seem to do the same damage whether I remember to use flash freeze or not.

I would not be shocked at all if there is some kind of bug with it.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Prel posted:

Watch out for spiders.

Motherfu

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Hahahahaha

edit: I just got it

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Got my Punisher to 60 today. Got a pretty cool Sword Gun too just now, so late-night grinding paid off!

Anyone know a good medallion for Punisher? I'm using the "Grenade, RPG, Headshot" etc strategy, so whom in particular would I benefit from? Using Grim Reaper atm temporarily.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Dandywalken posted:

Got my Punisher to 60 today. Got a pretty cool Sword Gun too just now, so late-night grinding paid off!

Anyone know a good medallion for Punisher? I'm using the "Grenade, RPG, Headshot" etc strategy, so whom in particular would I benefit from? Using Grim Reaper atm temporarily.

He's physical so Grim Reaper Medallion will be best. After that poo poo like Tombstone or Bullseye or whatever.

edit: Skull dude medallion is good if you get a decent one. Same with DOoooooOOOooooom.

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 9, 2015

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Screwing around with ShareX a bit has lead me to something that's about to hopefully make AlexBond's (mh.info) life much easier regarding player submitted item updates.

I figured out how to screen capture a selectable region which then uploads directly to imgur and pops up a toast notification which directs you to the page when clicked. It's all cropped and everything which bypasses one of the most laborious aspects of submitting higher item rolls. The auto-upload removes that other step of opening your browser, going to imgur, ctrl+V to upload from clipboard, clicking upload, then copying that URL and pasting it in the feedback field.

Gotta get screens together, explain it step by step in Pubbie English (a.k.a. 2nd grade level of literacy, with learning disability), then post it on the gazilli forums.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

the ham has gone bad everyone. the ham has gone bad.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Okay, done: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...ructions-inside

super easy method on one-keystroke crop and uploading to help submit newer affix rolls to mh.info

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Prel posted:

Watch out for spiders.

drat. That's cold.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

nickhimself posted:

Okay, done: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...ructions-inside

super easy method on one-keystroke crop and uploading to help submit newer affix rolls to mh.info

b-b-but mhinfo is just a password harvesting scheme that Alex has inexplicably put hundreds of manhours into to make it seem legit!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Prel posted:

Watch out for spiders.

I don't get it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Spiders are spooky, duh

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jedit posted:

I don't get it.

Spidermen are silvermens natural predator.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Or maybe just englishmen

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Both surfers in the Super 88 were taken out by Spidermen. Most notably Prel's takedown of Ajax in the last round.

Got to say though, it's a good thing I'm not a betting man. One of the few matches I was right on was me being annihilated. It has been super interesting seeing all of my preconceptions shattered about how this would go down. When this thing started I don't think I would have had any of the 4 left going all the way. Spiderman and Moon Knight I got to 60 months ago and wasn't really impressed by either, and Loki and Scarlet Witch I enjoyed so little I never took them past 30.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Too bad scarlet waifu will get nerfed in may

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i dont really know what to make of the crazy 88 tournament with regards to the characters left in it and the game's balance. i think we have just seen what these characters can do when they are 100% omega'd and wearing the best gear.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Oh totally, I think the vast majority of the credit goes to the players rather than the characters. Congratulations to everyone who has made it this far. You have all done incredible things with characters I had all but written off.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

nostrata posted:

Oh totally, I think the vast majority of the credit goes to the players rather than the characters. Congratulations to everyone who has made it this far. You have all done incredible things with characters I had all but written off.

Gear + Tism points = the player

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Gear + Tism points = the player

Nah it transcends the general autism points imo.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Musluk posted:

Nah it transcends the general autism points imo.

As usual I fumble over words. I think it was cool seeing people blow through stuff and play it, but really a lot of it did come down to extremely good gear and Omega points and that's sad.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
I heard some people were even using Zigs

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

As usual I fumble over words. I think it was cool seeing people blow through stuff and play it, but really a lot of it did come down to extremely good gear and Omega points and that's sad.

Almost as sad as how long it takes Nova to clear Sinister.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Drythe posted:

Shut the gently caress up Drythe

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Drythe posted:

:boom:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
poo poo gettin real in the Marvel Babygame for Autistic Retards thread

Musluk
May 23, 2011

srspost

I'm not surprised pre-cyke rework guys having more aoe capabilities and less single target options. The last 4 heroes all have one thing in common, they have a strong aoe dot field - MK and Spidey has an initial hit to cover the somewhat weaker dot. MK is a cone, Spidey is a gtaoe, both loki and sw are auras. Of course these plus midtown signet for actually teleporting guys help a lot, and the ult covers the rest on the bosses if needed.

That's why I'm excited for muscleheim, it's not just blues and yellows in a terminal now.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

Hey man, my autism is being used for MH4

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Now thats a thread title.

I was always under the impression that MK was really strong with bosses but wasn't great at the trash clearing. I never really played him much or messed with builds or anything so I didn't know what all he was capable of.

And I enjoy every minute of it. vvvv

nostrata fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 9, 2015

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

nostrata posted:

Now thats a thread title.

Post less. You know you aut, too.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Musluk posted:

srspost

I'm not surprised pre-cyke rework guys having more aoe capabilities and less single target options. The last 4 heroes all have one thing in common, they have a strong aoe dot field - MK and Spidey has an initial hit to cover the somewhat weaker dot. MK is a cone, Spidey is a gtaoe, both loki and sw are auras. Of course these plus midtown signet for actually teleporting guys help a lot, and the ult covers the rest on the bosses if needed.

That's why I'm excited for muscleheim, it's not just blues and yellows in a terminal now.

the only time during the tourny i really felt weak as pre-rework punish man was on the zoo. i just couldnt kill the bosses fast enough and i wasnt sure what more i could have done to make them die faster. all the other rounds i felt pretty good and like i had a shot. then skrybbles is like a minute faster than me on the zoo and i guess i need to just get good

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

I wasn't surprised to see anyone with a spammable AOE DoT get far, but I figured the Zoo would weed out the slower boss killers. I never ever would have expected a Loki in the final four, that's for sure.
Looking at the results yesterday, one thing I thought might have been neat was getting a snapshot of people's specs/gear/Omegas along the way, or maybe once they lost. I guess it would have caused cries of "unfair matchup", but I'm genuinely curious if anyone beat bigger odds beyond just character to character. That, and to see if any interesting/nonstandard builds or gear got used.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

I had near perfect gear and max omegas and i still got crushed. I probably just suck though.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Wait you mean having 25 fighting and thus like 300% extra base damage on all attacks is goofy as gently caress?! Well I never.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Sion posted:

Wait you mean having 25 fighting and thus like 300% extra base damage on all attacks is goofy as gently caress?! Well I never.

25 * 3 = 300

the metric system truly is a strange and terrifying creation

trem
Sep 17, 2009
Marvel Babygame for Autistic Retards: Where 25 * 3 = 300

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Soothing Vapors posted:

25 * 3 = 300