Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

JM Anderson 4 wickets at 56.75
SCJ Broad 3 wickets at 78.66
EJG Morgan 90 runs at 18.00

Good tournament lads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
loving garbage. Put them in the bin, with the bowling coach.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

England are as good at cricket as Afghanistan.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Just got out of the cinema and holy loley, England are officially the World's Funniest Team

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

This needs to be quoted on every page

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

England have been a little disappointing in my opinion but it's difficult when you're playing the umpires as well tbh. That's two matches now they would've won if it wasn't for the insidious cheating which pervades this sport that we all love. It's a shame.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Lionel Richie posted:

England have been a little disappointing in my opinion but it's difficult when you're playing the umpires as well tbh. That's two matches now they would've won if it wasn't for the insidious cheating which pervades this sport that we all love. It's a shame.

The English media have arrived.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I didn't see all the Sri Lanka game but I imagine there was some cheating involved in that as well.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
that match was exciting and I was only "watching" it via updates on the app. GG England. GG.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
England is guilty of cheating a better team from the competition, like the Nederlands.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The performance that the team deserved imo.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Broken Britain

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
The Queen is Dead

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope not, that would cause a lot of tedious pageantry.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Drugs posted:

The Queen is Dead

Died of shame I assume

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Nasser Hussein is out for blood in this interview with Moores

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

He was never much kop but Rob Key always talks sense about one day cricket in England. He's the only one who speaks out against the green pitches prepared for the home sides' dibbly seamers with the keeper stood up so it's no wonder we haven't got any front foot batsmen.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
KP to be the saviour of English cricket Y/N?

This is just the best comedy result, the English fallout is going to be amazing :D

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
England getting humiliated is great but bumble looks so sad and angry and I don't want that, I like bumble

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Englol

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Sooo, still a few games to play but New Zealand vs Bangladesh and Ireland vs Pakistan are the ones to watch for the final standings.

Pool A
1 New Zealand -10 (BAN)
2 Australia - 7 (SCO)
3 Bangladesh - 7 (NZL)
4 Sri Lanka - 6 (SCO)
----
5 EngLOL - 2 (AFG)
6 Afghanistan - 2 (ENG)
7 Scotland (AUS & SLA)

Pool B
1 India - 8 (IRE & ZIM)
2 South Africa - 6 (UAE)
3 Pakistan - 6 (IRE)
4 Ireland - 6 (IND & PAK)
5 West Indies - 4 (UAE)
----
6 Zimbabwe - 2 (IND)
7 UAE - 0 (RSA & WI)

Pool B's still up in the air. IRE v PAK is the very last round-robin game and there'll be a fair bit hanging on it, so who the gently caress knows which Pakistan will turn up against Ireland, plus there's net run rates to think about. West Indies should beat the UAE, Ireland probably won't beat India but have some chance if they play Bad Pakistan, if Ireland lose both, the Windies will edge past them into fourth on run-rate.

I think India and South Africa will probably finish 1st and 2nd, so that looks like India and Australia in bracketed in one half of the knockout and South Africa and New Zealand in the other. None of these teams will be playing England in the quarters.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I am really enjoying this World Cup

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

I don't think I'm ever going to stop laughing.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

That England vs Afghanistan match looks like it's going to be a cracker.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
KP and Cook are laughing their loving heads off.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

masterpine posted:

I don't think I'm ever going to stop laughing.

This is a serious international level cricket game.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
This is goddamned hilarious

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

KP and Cook are laughing their loving heads off.

Actually some daft twat gave Pietersen a misguided flicker of hope that he can play for England again so he's in full charm offensive. Cook is probably lambing or something, only thing he's loving good for.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5KoASMb_LM

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Not official ICC youtube channel, reporting.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Hey guys remember when England was tipped to win the ashes?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Hey guys remember when England was tipped to win the ashes?

but I've looked at the data and they obviously are clear favourites???

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
England team for ODIs I'd like to see in the summer (assuming KP is not coming back)

Roy
Hales
Taylor
Root
Stokes
Ali
Buttler
Willey
Woakes
Jordan
Broad

Powerful opening pair, two promising young players at 3 and 4 who have shown they can build an innings, strong hitters at 5-8, bats down to 11 (in theory, Broad has been dire with the bat the last year). Only iffy thing is no frontline spinner, but there isn't an international quality spinner waiting in England at the moment I'm aware of and Ali is passable so just have to fudge that.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
^^ Who captains that? Broad will be even more petulant if it's not him.

Bell and Moeen both possess a beautiful cover drive and our bowlers are the best in the world at tossing ineffectual bouncers at tail enders. They can't lose.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Lungboy posted:

I can see England really struggling to knock this off.

It's too easy sometimes.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

The Deadly Hume posted:

Sooo, still a few games to play but New Zealand vs Bangladesh and Ireland vs Pakistan are the ones to watch for the final standings.

Pool A
1 New Zealand -10 (BAN)
2 Australia - 7 (SCO)
3 Bangladesh - 7 (NZL)
4 Sri Lanka - 6 (SCO)
----
5 EngLOL - 2 (AFG)
6 Afghanistan - 2 (ENG)
7 Scotland (AUS & SLA)

Pool B
1 India - 8 (IRE & ZIM)
2 South Africa - 6 (UAE)
3 Pakistan - 6 (IRE)
4 Ireland - 6 (IND & PAK)
5 West Indies - 4 (UAE)
----
6 Zimbabwe - 2 (IND)
7 UAE - 0 (RSA & WI)

Pool B's still up in the air. IRE v PAK is the very last round-robin game and there'll be a fair bit hanging on it, so who the gently caress knows which Pakistan will turn up against Ireland, plus there's net run rates to think about. West Indies should beat the UAE, Ireland probably won't beat India but have some chance if they play Bad Pakistan, if Ireland lose both, the Windies will edge past them into fourth on run-rate.

I think India and South Africa will probably finish 1st and 2nd, so that looks like India and Australia in bracketed in one half of the knockout and South Africa and New Zealand in the other. None of these teams will be playing England in the quarters.

I love this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
What are Bangladesh paying head to head vs. NZ?