Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

a large trout posted:

I just can't grasp donuts as a meat delivery system

I can if the donut is filled w meat and cheese, like a jelly donut, but w meat and cheese.

As a bun..id try it once maybe but i dont really like sweet things too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I think that might be my hang up

not really a sweets guy

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

a large trout posted:

I just can't grasp donuts as a meat delivery system

i think your right. what about one of those mcdonalds mcgriddle buns

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Fetus Tree posted:

I can if the donut is filled w meat and cheese, like a jelly donut, but w meat and cheese.

As a bun..id try it once maybe but i dont really like sweet things too much

think you pretty much described a piroshki. that belongs with the swarma thread and the burrito thread, only moreso because piroshkis contain ground beef

e: crullers, unglazed would make for an interesting, eggy, flaky sort of burge experience

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Sizone posted:

think you pretty much described a piroshki. that belongs with the swarma thread and the burrito thread, only moreso because piroshkis contain ground beef

no, i described a meat donut

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
if you mean, like, a jelly filled donut, except with meat and cheese, then you are describing piroshki

Nucken Futz
Oct 30, 2010

by Reene

Chinatown posted:

Whats the best way to deal with patty strinkage/bloating during the cooking process. They could have been thinner/larger IMO.

JaM your thumb through the middle of the burg prior to cooking, as reported earlier in the thread. It looks odd, but works great.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
^^^^ It also sounds really similar to something I buy every now and then at a semi-local international store called Sho Pau. It's available in pork, chicken, or beef and all are generally pretty good. Sure it's a sodium bomb but whatever.

Nucken Futz posted:

JaM your thumb through the middle of the burg prior to cooking, as reported earlier in the thread. It looks odd, but works great.

I've tried making a dent before like tons of cookbooks and tv shows have said, but the only thing that's gotten me results is making a full on hole like this dude mentioned. It's pretty drat amazing how it fills itself in without losing it's flatness/size.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 9, 2015

Stentorian Hoot
Jun 14, 2001

Couldn't get it up...

Sizone posted:

if you mean, like, a jelly filled donut, except with meat and cheese, then you are describing piroshki

This guy knows whats up

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The middle of your pattie should be thinner than your outer edges.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

horse burg'd last night

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

RideTheSpiral posted:

horse burg'd last night

The only horse I've had was raw in Korea. It was delicious, but super lean.

I'd certainly eat the hell out of that though.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
That picture doesn't load for me (at work behind a nasty firewall so who knows) and it bums me out. It'll be the first thing I do when I get home.

Speaking of burgs and speaking of toasted bread, what'dya know look what I had for brought for lunch today:

May not be the prettiest but tasted great. gently caress heel haters.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

horse burg not showing for meither

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I had to click it on mobile.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

hows that?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i don't like leaf lettuce on burgers but that looks really good. i especially like how the top of the bun appears toasted A+ Burgerin' my friend

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

That looks real tasty. The bun looks especially good.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Ok, I may have to reconsider the usage of the kg tof horse meat I have in the fridge. I was gonna do a stew or a pie. Now I crave a burger.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Tyson Tomko posted:

Speaking of burgs and speaking of toasted bread, what'dya know look what I had for brought for lunch today:

Post this in gws.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Tyson Tomko posted:

That picture doesn't load for me (at work behind a nasty firewall so who knows) and it bums me out. It'll be the first thing I do when I get home.

the saddest burg

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

this burger makes me depressed.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Burgin.

Frizzled onions, hickory smoked bacon, smoked cheddar, BBQ sauce and chipotle mayo. It was way better than I expected. A+ would burg again.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 9, 2015

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
good

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jehde posted:

Burgin.

Frizzled onions, hickory smoked bacon, smoked cheddar, BBQ sauce and chipotle mayo. It was way better than I expected. A+ would burg again.

looks good

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm not 100% clear on what a frizzled onion is.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Decrepus posted:

Post this in gws.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Neither am I but I know I usually don't care for them, even though a love onion a lot. They worked on this burger though, everything worked in balanced synergy to make for a powerful burger. Still burgin hard from it.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Looks tasty, red onion spotted, all around badass if you ask me. I'd hit it!

RideTheSpiral posted:

the saddest burg

The angle wasn't the best so I promise it wasn't paper thin. If it makes it any more appealing it was made out of the freshest ground beef imaginable. It also had some delicious mustard on it. Moral of the story, don't judge a burg by it's heel hah. poo poo was tasty.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
No but seriously please find a thread to post that in gws and then link the results

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Burgs were good.

Whats the best way to deal with patty strinkage/bloating during the cooking process. They could have been thinner/larger IMO.

Use your thumb. Put a dent in the patty.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683534

There you go thats the perfect thread

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
^^^^ I haven't had good results with the dent. I'm a big fan of punching a hole clear through for the best results. Everyone else seems to do fine with the dent though so who knows what I"m doing wrong. The dent worked great for sliders but full sized burgs I'm sold on the doughnut hole.

Fetus Tree posted:

No but seriously please find a thread to post that in gws and then link the results

The fact it was using whole wheat bread is probably the one thing that wouldn't get me crucified over there. The processed slice of American cheese on the other hand I would probably get banned for. I'd be better off posting a picture of me putting my cast iron pan in the dishwasher.

I must defend my burg honor haha. This is a better depiction of what it looked/tasted like (minus the buttered grilled cheese style bread that is)

VVVV Haha not sure if I have the balls to pull that one. I once posted a picture of my friend's chunky cat in PI and I'm still recovering from the PTSD from that one.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 9, 2015

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Im sure it tasted great,i just really wanted to see gws melt down over it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I've never in my life see someone punch a hole in the middle of a burger.

White castle does those Swiss cheese lookin patties, but that's it.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Tyson Tomko posted:

Looks tasty, red onion spotted, all around badass if you ask me. I'd hit it!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fetus Tree posted:

melt down over it

i get it

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

you don't have to punch a hole in your burger, just form it so the middle is slightly thinner than the edges. more difficult than it sounds but results in a perfectly browned flat patty that fits perfectly into a bun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:staredog:

• Locked thread