Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie

this is one of the hammers from monster hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke

cute anime girl posted:

Loadout is a fun game, shame that few players actually care about teamwork

yah its a really good game, not as good as TF2, but the gore is pretty cool and they've got some decent game modes

les fleurs du mall posted:

SC2 legacy of the void beta should be starting in a few weeks :love:

i can't wait for this, I've only got into sc2 in the past year or so, so this will be my first expect

any yobbers play dota? i would like to play a yob stack at some point if we have enough, if not i can download lol again

Pro Target

g rank is no fuckin joke

Scaly Haylie

weird toppings guy posted:

yah its a really good game, not as good as TF2, but the gore is pretty cool and they've got some decent game modes

loadout may not have lived up to the hype but at least it's not global agenda

Looke

Lizard Wizard posted:

loadout may not have lived up to the hype but at least it's not global agenda

for the most part it's a fairly solid game, i just dislike the in-game purchases immensely

Scaly Haylie

for the most part it's a fairly solid game, i just dislike the in-game purchases immensely

wait, which game are we talking about?

cute anime girl

any yobbers play dota? i would like to play a yob stack at some point if we have enough, if not i can download lol again

I do, although not as much as I should have lately.

cuntman.net

Lizard Wizard posted:

this is one of the hammers from monster hunter

holy poo poo

Scaly Haylie

i just can't get enough of the sims

deep dish peat moss

Lizard Wizard, I can't avoid the Cities SKylines hype now that I saw a video of a guy building a dam to block off a river and drain a lake to get more buildable room. That kind of stuff is cool.

I'm going to buy it if people like it...

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Pro Target posted:

g rank is no fuckin joke

g rank on MHFU was a good challenge. killed all the g rank monsters & elder dragons solo

fatalis was a pain but everything else was pretty easy

Pro Target posted:

yeah its really 'grindy' to fight dynamic and challenging bosses who arent Instantaneously trivialized the first time you beat them in order to master them and progress

ask me about fighting gold & silver raths in a tiny arena 58 times in order to get one 2% drop

Scaly Haylie

Hick Magnet posted:

Lizard Wizard, I can't avoid the Cities SKylines hype now that I saw a video of a guy building a dam to block off a river and drain a lake to get more buildable room. That kind of stuff is cool.

holy poo poo

Pro Target

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

g rank on MHFU was a good challenge. killed all the g rank monsters & elder dragons solo

fatalis was a pain but everything else was pretty easy

ask me about fighting gold & silver raths in a tiny arena 58 times in order to get one 2% drop

sounds like your own problem

Pro Target

mabe if you werent so obsessed with getting 6 activated skills you could just play the game and enjoy it

Al Borland

by XyloJW
I know people rag on it but im excited for MKX

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Doctor Bishop

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
I wonder, does anyone know if there's any explanation out there for why the original castlevania used hearts to represent ammo for throwing weapons rather than, y'know, health? I'm sure the reason the series kept up that whole bit of weirdness for so long is because "tradition," but I really wonder why it was like that in the first place

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

ive never dotad because i dont have toime to hardcore a game any more and the playerbase is anything but chill. playin with a yobgroup would be fun maybe.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

wearing a lampshade

I've been playing war thunder lately, its fun to pkew pkew and obsess over historical accuracy

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Pro Target posted:

mabe if you werent so obsessed with getting 6 activated skills you could just play the game and enjoy it

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it, this latest game is much better balanced and more fun to play, especially in the early game which in the previous games dragged on with many many 'gather 10 popo tongues' quests which were awful.

Atm I have zero matching pieces of armour and have not aimed for any sets, mostly because I'm quickly ranking up making the last level equipment redundant.

I can never be bothered to switch out armour so I just keep a mishmash with reasonably balanced elemental resistances on all the time

saboten

someone hunt with me on UK time you pile of bitches :saddowns:

thank u bacalou

tao of lmao

ok i'll bring my 3ds to work tomorrow and hope for some unprotected wifi

saboten

thank you

i preordered cities skylines last night, its meant to be good??????

thank u bacalou

tao of lmao

i'm hearing surprisingly positive things so far

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

I wondered why this game was all of a sudden at the top of the steam best-seller list

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

GEExCEE

help... i can't use my custom arcade unit with fightcade... is there a way to configure the controls without editing the ini file directly?

Pro Target

you can configure them in the emulator I believe, but that still requires a mouse

GEExCEE

thanks... I'll try it out soon, I think we may be having people over for breakfast since my wife has the day off work!

Looke

saboten posted:

thank you

i preordered cities skylines last night, its meant to be good??????

it is goooooooooood

Lizard Wizard posted:

wait, which game are we talking about?

loadout

byob doto would be fun and we will win every game

Scaly Haylie

Doctor Bishop posted:

I wonder, does anyone know if there's any explanation out there for why the original castlevania used hearts to represent ammo for throwing weapons rather than, y'know, health? I'm sure the reason the series kept up that whole bit of weirdness for so long is because "tradition," but I really wonder why it was like that in the first place

every "weapon" is a spell conjured by using hearts as a reagent, imo. that's why stopping time costs more.

Pro Target

Doctor Bishop posted:

Because the first castlevania was created at a point where the standard iconography for 'health' in video games didnt exist yet

Scaly Haylie

i blame kid icarus for nes

twizzlespark

Twizzlespark.
i play EVE online

i dont know why, but i do

theres a giant goon alliance in eve and we are all stuck on the same question

Pro Target

A handful of influential games (notably legend of zelda) associated hearts w/ health and now it seems weird in retrospect

Scaly Haylie

Pro Target posted:

A handful of influential games (notably legend of zelda) associated hearts w/ health and now it seems weird in retrospect

it honestly isn't occurring to me what other games used hearts for health and now it's bugging me

GEExCEE

Pro Target posted:

this was exactly what I thought of when you said that... the games were released in the same year!!

dogcrash truther
yeah but hearts for health makes more sense than hearts for ammo

dogcrash truther
not just because zelda did it but because of thousands of years of heart iconography stretching back into antiquity

dogcrash truther
also cool av bwatts

Pro Target

dogcrash truther posted:

not just because zelda did it but because of thousands of years of heart iconography stretching back into antiquity

I can't think of any examples of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bwatts

dogcrash truther posted:

also cool av bwatts

thank you.