Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"good morning, after a period of self-reflection and business analysis led by the principles steve jobs laid down for this company, it is with great enthusiasm that we are announcing today that we will not be releasing the iwatch. we deeply regret initiating, developing and announcing a product that goes so far against the basic tenets of good product design and i, tim cook, would like to personally apologize for approving this concept.

effective immediately, i will be stepping down as ceo of apple as my conscience dictates. further, we are pleased to announce that johnny ives has sought other opportunities as a perpetually unemployed hack. now, i'm going to hand things over to our new ceo, scott forstall, who has some exciting announcements about the phase-out of the iphone 6 line and a classic re-design of ios that will restore the functionality and design that made it great"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

poty posted:

what time is it?

quote:

I know, because we measure; nor can we measure things that are not; and things past and future are not.

But how do we measure present time, since it hath not space? It is measured while it passeth; but when it shall have passed, it is not measured; for there will not be aught that can be measured.

In what space, then, do we measure passing time?

Is it in the future, whence it passeth over? But what yet we measure not, is not. Or is it in the present, by which it passeth? But no space, we do not measure. Or in the past, whither it passeth? But that which is not now, we measure not.

that might have been true in the year 32 or whenever the gently caress this was written but now the answer is: we measure passing time in switzerland

switzerland is the wealthiest country per capita in the world. it has the pointiest mountains in the alps. the most competitive economy. their army has the most crap tools on their knives. and it all rides on the back of one thing: the finest timepieces known to man

poty posted:

switzerland the day before the apple watch

but on september 9 2014 tim cook got on stage and announced:

"switzerland. is. hosed."

after nokia and finland apple has a new victim in their sights. something smells rotten in switzerland and its not their cheese.

switzerland the day after

today the swiss will gather in their mandatory nuclear war shelters to learn about something no bunker will protect them from: the apple watch. how many are we allowed to buy? how many X is apple gold better than normal gold? which would have been steves favorite watch? etc

:siren: take into account dst in the us the keynote is an hour earlier than usual for the rest of the world :siren:

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Stymie posted:

"good morning, after a period of self-reflection and business analysis led by the principles steve jobs laid down for this company, it is with great enthusiasm that we are announcing today that we will not be releasing the iwatch. we deeply regret initiating, developing and announcing a product that goes so far against the basic tenets of good product design and i, tim cook, would like to personally apologize for approving this concept.

effective immediately, i will be stepping down as ceo of apple as my conscience dictates. further, we are pleased to announce that johnny ives has sought other opportunities as a perpetually unemployed hack. now, i'm going to hand things over to our new ceo, scott forstall, who has some exciting announcements about the phase-out of the iphone 6 line and a classic re-design of ios that will restore the functionality and design that made it great"

shut the gently caress up

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

tim~

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BeOSPOS posted:

Tom cook slept in til 4:30am like a slob

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

seriously if this isn't normal for you, you're not fit for working at the headquarters

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

seriously if this isn't normal for you, you're not fit for working at the headquarters

i would love to work for apple but if that's honestly the case lol gently caress no

8-5 like a normal human being, thanks

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
video is up

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I really hate the sort of bullshit mythmaking about leaders who sleep 4 hours a day / regularly go for 15 miles runs / subsist on nothing but sunlight and a thin glucose-based syrup

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

trilljester posted:

Is it Jane Time yet?

ugh, text me

poty
Jun 21, 2008

its a bit silly. what good is having more money than god if you spend all day every day slaving away

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

got some left over steak and stir fry, time to see some overpriced watches

lol 1st gen apple products

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Linguica posted:

I really hate the sort of bullshit mythmaking about leaders who sleep 4 hours a day / regularly go for 15 miles runs / subsist on nothing but sunlight and a thin glucose-based syrup

maybe it's cuz they all wear watches

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
minutes to go!
rip poty
rip cremnob

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Linguica posted:

and "work" 20 hours a day where "work" includes "not work"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

give it to me tim

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
nice funk trap going on

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
tim is listening to one republic

wonder if we're gonna get a free album from them too now

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Ripoff posted:

i would love to work for apple but if that's honestly the case lol gently caress no

8-5 like a normal human being, thanks

same. all these people are going to have an early onset of alzheimer's with all the modafinil, adderall and bullet proof coffee they ingest

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

poty posted:

its a bit silly. what good is having more money than god if you spend all day every day slaving away

the pride of knowing that, at the helm of the world's most important corporation, you're making everybody's lives a little bit better :3:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

horse mans posted:

nice funk trap going on

that swing is maxed out!

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I pressed play on the live event icon on my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1.3 and it's not streaming. what is going on tim?

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

trilljester posted:

I pressed play on the live event icon on my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1.3 and it's not streaming. what is going on tim?

works for me

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm reading the verge live blog and the author is awful. that's my update. thanks for reading

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
timb is a 1republican

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
can't wait to hear the apple watch announced in chinese

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

BeOSPOS posted:

I'm reading the verge live blog and the author is awful. that's my update. thanks for reading

you're welcome

poty
Jun 21, 2008

chinese stream is on again

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

chinese lol

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

can't wait to hear the apple watch announced in chinese

haha you got ur wish

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh good. they opened an apple store. my favourite part of these things.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
event looks good on my retina MacBook Pro. get me a retina MacBook Air now, please timb

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
yay pictures!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
surprise, this video has been playing on an apple watch the whole time

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

is cremnob banned

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
its all chinese people

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TIM

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
yay timb

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011