Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carsius
May 7, 2013

Zinogre also has the best theme music if they haven't changed it from mh3u.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Sage Grimm posted:

Bug voltron is a fun fight. I haven't figured out Zinogre quite yet with a GS but he definitely has an electric personality.

Just remember when you are fighting Zinogre that he/she's basically a wolf and that tail is the hardest thing to get off. :arghfist::(

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Carsius posted:

Zinogre also has the best theme music if they haven't changed it from mh3u.

It hasn't changed, but they've redone some of the music so I don't know if Zinogre was on that list of fix-er-ups

Tigrex sounds a little deeper than it did in Unite so I don't know.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

scaterry posted:

Just remember when you are fighting Zinogre that he/she's basically a wolf and that tail is the hardest thing to get off. :arghfist::(

Bug stick > Mount > Slice it off

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Any recommended skills for a Seregios Hammer build? I'm thinking Sharpness +1 isn't necessary and I would want to go for Razor Sharp, Earplugs, Evade Distance and Evade +1. Anything else? I'm at Caravan 9 and HR6 so no access to G-Rank stuff yet... Currently running Low/High Gore (Bio Researcher, Challenger +2, Sharpness +1, Fire Res -20) with my SnS stuff but the Sharpness seems redundant.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Drythe posted:

Bug stick > Mount > Slice it off

This has been my strategy for most mons so far. I do four or five mounts every fight. I need to start capturing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://soundcloud.com/brightcoat/just-one-more-drop

i'm gonna keep sharing this thing until someone clicks on it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

canoshiz posted:

Any recommended skills for a Seregios Hammer build? I'm thinking Sharpness +1 isn't necessary and I would want to go for Razor Sharp, Earplugs, Evade Distance and Evade +1. Anything else? I'm at Caravan 9 and HR6 so no access to G-Rank stuff yet... Currently running Low/High Gore (Bio Researcher, Challenger +2, Sharpness +1, Fire Res -20) with my SnS stuff but the Sharpness seems redundant.

Yeah Seregios hammer is specifically for sets w/o S+1, and I don't think you need Razor Sharp either because of the sharpening from rolling. Expert wouldn't be bad, or you could get something cool like Spirit. I was thinking of making the Brachydium set for Seregios hammer funtimes.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
I wish there was a gathering hall description for doing cantina/wyporium quests. Or players interested in joining rooms for them. Or players who don't freak out and leave after 90 seconds when I say we're waiting two minutes for other players.

Sard fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 9, 2015

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Zinogre is fun as heck. Hes super fun to fight with a greatsword because sometimes he just stands still and you just smack him in the face. When he's doing sick flips and poo poo all of his attacks are easily avoided with greatsword siderolls.

Brachydios is hard to fight with a great sword because he just pivots to goddamn much.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

He also explodes

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Brachy explosions interrupting a fully charged greatsword strong swing is less annoying than a Rhenopolis with a bad attitude and nothing left to lose

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I will drop everything to kill the Rhenopolis that charged me.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Rhenopolos are the real monsters and deserve extinction just like we did to Bulfangos in 3

Praesil
Jul 17, 2004

Khezu has some awesome theme music too.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Do you do the same thing with the doodle bug konchus tripping you up? They're so adorable (wave your legs like you just don't care!) I can't help just shake a fist and let them live for having such large ball(s). :3:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Sage Grimm posted:

Do you do the same thing with the doodle bug konchus tripping you up? They're so adorable (wave your legs like you just don't care!) I can't help just shake a fist and let them live for having such large ball(s). :3:

Konchu soccer

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I would say that Konchu are worse than Rhenopolos but last night I smacked one and bowled it right into a dude who was about to chop off a Azure Rathalos tail with a greatsword so actually they're pretty great.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoctorWhat posted:

its not very funny or interesting, sorry you wasted your time
nobody giving a poo poo about the text version should have tipped you off

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 9, 2015

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

DoctorWhat posted:

I clicked on it and immediately closed it.

You can stop now :)

Sard
May 11, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

I have a friend who is a nut for both monhun and The Little Mermaid so I'll pass it along. Doesnt do much for me personally but you have found your weirdly specific niche, mission accomplished!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Sard posted:

I have a friend who is a nut for both monhun and The Little Mermaid so I'll pass it along. Doesnt do much for me personally but you have found your weirdly specific niche, mission accomplished!

Another Monster Hunter success story

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

"Alright time to land the spirit roundsl-"*gets charged by a rheneplos*

What the hell

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

Bone posted:

Wow, I used to hate Switch Axe but it finally clicked. Now I think it's my favorite weapon. I'm only HR2 and on Caravan 5* quests but this SwAxe I made out of Tigrex parts is kicking rear end. Now I just have to kill Gore a million times to make that one.

What skills do you guys like for SwAxe? I'm thinking Attack Up and Evasion+ or Sharpness+1.

Probably a little late, but Evasion+ and Evasion distance are the big ones. Then anything that helps out sharpness like sharpness +1 or honed blade. I personally love quick sharpening if you can get it, and earplugs are great because you can unload a blast finish while the monster is roaring like it wasn't a thing. If you are using the blast finisher a whole lot, you could look into skills that help out there as well.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Just spent 40 minutes doing the crystal bone collector quest because they would not drop ever. gently caress any quest that is not killing a big monster.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zelder posted:

What the hell

Like 1% of the time they'll charge you and it'll get you out of danger so I think they're just trying to be helpful

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

LibbyM posted:

Just spent 40 minutes doing the crystal bone collector quest because they would not drop ever. gently caress any quest that is not killing a big monster.

go deliver powderstones, then in the final area before the camp...

Zelder posted:

*gets charged by a rheneplos*

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
So what is the prereq to get a monster to eat poisoned,chilled or paralyzing meat that isnt JhoJho? Is it possible to get an azure rathalos to eat drugged meat?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Do they go and seek out a corpse to munch on when they're low? Then they'll be baited. Otherwise they'll ignore it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Zelder posted:

What the hell

Monster Hunter Megathre*gets charged by a rheneplos*

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just finished star 4 village quests and it seems like the weapon upgrades are coming really slow. I feel like they want you to make more then one weapon type now.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Gathering hall hijackers are the real monsters.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

been trying out hunting horn online the last couple nights. i like it. had a tigrex limping off last night and i jump attack staggered it which was enough to get the kill :) although then i died from a bullshit enraged brachy combo but we wont talk about that one. i have been using the congalala horn upgraded to the first emerald congalala one. it has lots of good songs and is super easy to make. 3 slots made it easy to gem in maestro too.

also did my dahren caravan urgent and carved a gem and got one in rewards even though we killed it outside the zone and only barely got one carve spot :D

something i ran into the other day when making a weapon that may help out new people: some weapons require a rare monster part when you produce it directly but not when you upgrade to it from another weapon. like the gore hammer requires a plate if you want to forge it but not if you upgrade it from the seltas hammer.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
As a curious and idiot sucker, I was curious about the Monster Hunter 3DS themes so I bought them both. The Monster symbol one is really kinda boring and poo poo, but the Palico one is super good and worth 2 dollars I think for the music alone.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I just fought Zinogre offline for the first time, and holy poo poo, that fight is fun as hell. :swoon: I mean, it was fun in a group too, but I had no idea what I was doing.

Less fun: setting a trap for a monster who's down to capturable health, having the monster jump OVER the trap thus knocking you out of the zone, then going back in to find the monster stuck in the trap you laid earlier. Then wasting your tranq bombs trying to catch him but only throwing the second one when he's already out of said trap. And realizing you only have 1 left because you forgot to restock from the box when you went out since you figured 3 would be enough to do the needful, so you couldn't trap the dude if you tried.

:negative:

Circle Nine posted:

As a curious and idiot sucker, I was curious about the Monster Hunter 3DS themes so I bought them both. The Monster symbol one is really kinda boring and poo poo, but the Palico one is super good and worth 2 dollars I think for the music alone.

I've been really tempted by the Palico theme. The preview is so cute. I kinda hate the idea of paying for something as silly as a theme, but ... this really makes me want to.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I just fought Zinogre offline for the first time, and holy poo poo, that fight is fun as hell. :swoon: I mean, it was fun in a group too, but I had no idea what I was doing.

Less fun: setting a trap for a monster who's down to capturable health, having the monster jump OVER the trap thus knocking you out of the zone, then going back in to find the monster stuck in the trap you laid earlier. Then wasting your tranq bombs trying to catch him but only throwing the second one when he's already out of said trap. And realizing you only have 1 left because you forgot to restock from the box when you went out since you figured 3 would be enough to do the needful, so you couldn't trap the dude if you tried.

:negative:

I've been really tempted by the Palico theme. The preview is so cute. I kinda hate the idea of paying for something as silly as a theme, but ... this really makes me want to.

The best way to capture zinogre is using shock traps. :eng101:

On the subject of themes, I think they're worth it, as long as they're enjoyable enough. I got the palico one to go with my MH n3dsxl.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the palico theme is very good and worth the couple bucks. didnt get the other one

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

A Tin Of Beans posted:

It's worth noting that if you trap him again fairly quickly, the tranq bombs will still be effecting him. They work like other status effects, so you do so much "tranq damage" that recovers slowly, and if they're in a trap with so much of that damage on them, they fall asleep.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Carsius posted:

The best way to capture zinogre is using shock traps. :eng101:

On the subject of themes, I think they're worth it, as long as they're enjoyable enough. I got the palico one to go with my MH n3dsxl.

i shoulda taken the time in the other zone to craft another trap but i didn't think he'd both be in the earlier trap AND bust out of it so quick while i was zoning ... :negative:

I'm going to get that Palico theme. Y'all sold me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

The only issue I've run into with gunning a gravios in HR is that if you're using lagombi armor the gravios sweeping lazer will straight up 1 shot you and I'm absolute rear end at timing my evade through that.

If your gunner set is weak to fire make sure you eat for fire resistance and its not a bad idea to gem in additional fire resistance.

Through seeking alternative measures, I did verify that Insect glaive destroys this monster as well, and hunting horn is also a very fantastic weapon to use. If you aim for the belly and keep your ESP song up you'll avoid getting punished for accidentally hitting the legs and bouncing like other blademaster weapons. Also the neutral encore will pretty much land every hit since he's so big, and gravios takes more crushing damage than cutting so I feel its a pretty fantastic weapon to counter through that unfun bullshit.

The Daimyo Hermitaur hunting horn also does water element and has the attack up large song soooooooo :getin:

• Locked thread