Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

every apple watch band has an ARM processor and GPU inside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

maniacdevnull posted:

Apple (R) Band For Sure (tm) helps ensure only Apple(C) brand bands can be used

*checks fasttech*

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
why is it $7,000 extra dollars for a leather strap instead of the sport watch on the Editions?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

it might, but it might not:
http://www.geek.com/chips/reversible-usb-type-c-cables-can-replace-hdmi-and-displayport-1605043/
kinda want to see a teardown of that thing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

why is there not 42mm milanese loop, tim

edit: oh i can buy the watch with one but it doesn't show up on the site. weird.

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Beast of Bourbon posted:

why is it $7,000 extra dollars for a leather strap instead of the sport watch on the Editions?

the same reason options on a porsche are ridiculously expensive?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Beast of Bourbon posted:

third degree price discrimination bitch

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Endless Mike posted:

edit: oh i can buy the watch with one but it doesn't show up on the site. weird.

the band by itself will still work for a certain range of wrist sizes

tbh i'd probably get the 38 alum with a white band (i'm worried about the black chipping) and a milanese by itself

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Beast of Bourbon posted:

it has a bit more gold in it but the real reason is because if you wanna go full retard apple aint gonna stop ya

poty
Jun 21, 2008

triple sulk posted:

tbh i'd probably get the 38 alum with a white band (i'm worried about the black chipping) and a milanese by itself

same

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MJ5F2ZM/A/42mm-milanese-loop

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

which is really just standard watch material 316L stainless with a DLC coating.
ugh, day 1 dlc

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

The Leck posted:

ugh, day 1 dlc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wow

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

that needs a processor because lightning doesn't have enough bandwidth to push 1080p video, so the video signal is lossy compressed and then decoded. USB-C 3.1 doesn't have this problem.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
So did Apple really introduce a brand new $1299 laptop with the biggest feature being that you are now able to trip over the cord and pull it off the table, shattering it

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:
ah yes, time is cyclical after all - the times where people are mugged for their wristwatches is again upon us

long live timb

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm at work let me just go look up what apple announced

ten thousand earth dollars for a crapple watch!?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

triple sulk posted:

the band by itself will still work for a certain range of wrist sizes

thinking this, but i really want to try both on to see how they look on my wrist. i have little girly wrists, it seems.

atomicthumbs posted:

So did Apple really introduce a brand new $1299 laptop with the biggest feature being that you are now able to trip over the cord and pull it off the table, shattering it
yep. lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

oh and they replaced MagSafe with ONe USB PORT you need an expensive adapter to use with anything? lmao

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Tangra posted:

ah yes, time is cyclical after all - the times where people are mugged for their wristwatches is again upon us

long live timb

i hope they become permabricked if stolen like iphones

only the absolute stupidest criminals steal iphones cuz your option is to A) realize you stole an iphone which you cannot do anything with or sell, ditch into a trash can

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Tangra posted:

long live timb

i bet they are tied to the phones activation lock making a stolen apple watch just worth the cost of metal in it

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm at work let me just go look up what apple announced

ten thousand earth dollars for a crapple watch!?

make that 12k

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

i bet they are tied to the phones activation lock making a stolen apple watch just worth the cost of metal in it

in the case of the solid gold ones that would be quite a lot

but yeah there's probably a killswitch feature. once that was added to iphone hardware theft rates cratered

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

and thus, only the gold one is reallly worth anything, and with their crazy apple bullshit voodoo gold, how can you even redeem that without them going "hey, is this stolen?"

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

atomicthumbs posted:

you're plugging it in wrong

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

atomicthumbs posted:

it lightly pirouettes down to the ground like the first leaf of autumn, idiot

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

haveblue posted:

in the case of the solid gold ones that would be quite a lot

but yeah there's probably a killswitch feature. once that was added to iphone hardware theft rates cratered

"autistic yosposter"

"how did you--" boom

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

can you trade out the bands for the sport watch or are you forced into the plastic ones if you buy the economy version of the watch? it looks on the site like you cant replace the apple watch sport bands with the others.

if you can you don't want to. aluminum watch with steel next to it is gonna be gross as gently caress.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
having a good giggle at all the idiot poo poo nerds hastily applying their reverse gear as apple reveal a range of beautiful, reasonably priced timepieces to suit every need and budget

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

gently caress I bought an air two months ago hope I don't have buyer's remorse

* no magsafe
* M processor
* less space than a nomad

£1049

Lol nope.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Luigi Thirty posted:

"autistic yosposter"

"how did you--" boom

"i am not a yospo-"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ultramiraculous posted:

if you can you don't want to. aluminum watch with steel next to it is gonna be gross as gently caress.

look at this scrub, not putting cathodic protection on his watch

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

lol looking at a table thats like .4V

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

is that white and gold or blue and black?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ashpanash posted:

is that white and gold or blue and black?
cock and balls

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

iOS 8.2 installs an unremovable Apple Watch app. lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

will the M processor run kerbal space program???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New MacBook has 8 gigs ram and 256 gigs memory and to get an 11-in air with the same specs is 1200. this kind of says more about apple's upgrade pricing but $100 more for a better screen, and thinner and lighter kind of makes sense.

like I'm still skeptical as hell about the new keyboard and trackpad but we'll see.

• Locked thread