Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
A timer to count down to the next window, looking up which placeholder the mob is, and using the widescan everyone has now to only kill that mob. Watch a movie or do something else in-between windows. Lottery spawns are still the worst thing about the game and there is nothing to be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

There are some tools out there that show you the id of mobs, I always used those to find the exact placeholder so I knew it was dying. You can usually google what the placeholder ID is and sometimes its listed on the wiki.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

There are some tools out there that show you the id of mobs, I always used those to find the exact placeholder so I knew it was dying. You can usually google what the placeholder ID is and sometimes its listed on the wiki.

Did these programs place the mobid in the widescan list?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

I think you can still dat mod in and change the names of the PH mobs to be like "Skeleton!" or w/e.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Yukari posted:

I think you can still dat mod in and change the names of the PH mobs to be like "Skeleton!" or w/e.

You can but it is easier to just use a timer or use one of the already created timer programs.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

G Prestige posted:

Did these programs place the mobid in the widescan list?

Nah they just had an overlay that showed you the ID of your current target.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Haven't played in awhile but I'm getting the itch to do so again. Have most of the active goons transferred to Asura now? If I get back I want to actually clear some Hard AA fights and Delve because being stuck with 115-117 weapons was driving me crazy. (Also currency farming for Aegis :argh:)

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Nah they just had an overlay that showed you the ID of your current target.

Oh, thanks. Turned out I already had one of these through Windower. Turned out I already had it enabled and displayed on screen, too.

That's not sarcasm, by the way. I honestly never made the connection between the two IDs which are actually the same ID.

Zombie Souffle
Feb 3, 2010
I think the majority of active goons have moved to Asura at this point. We typically have a decent amount of people on every night.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Asura is a happenin' place. We've had two outbursts of stupid /yell drama twice in one week! Holy smokes!

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Shinjobi posted:

Asura is a happenin' place. We've had two outbursts of stupid /yell drama twice in one week! Holy smokes!

On Quetz, I am usually the only person farming my dynamis zone of choice. Asura I am usually in the zone with at least one other person, sometimes two. If I am by myself, it is because I am doing dyna tav. All in all, Asura is a happenin place.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006
It's time...

Announcing the Next Version Update! (02/27/2015)
Fresh from the winter thaw flow the pristine waters of the next version update!

The March patch will see the addition of Vagary, all-new battle content that pits Vana'diel's heroes against the Xol Triumvirate. Also found amongst the uncovered treasures are reforged empyrean armor and the long anticipated final implementation of the /lockstyle command.

Also coming down the slopes are additional Unity Wanted battles, new spells and other job adjustments, adjustments to existing spells, and bucket loads of other additions and adjustments.

Kieyen fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 27, 2015

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003

Kieyen posted:

It's time...

Announcing the Next Version Update! (02/27/2015)
Fresh from the winter thaw flow the pristine waters of the next version update!

The March patch will see the addition of Vagary, all-new battle content that pits Vana'diel's heroes against the Xol Triumvirate. Also found amongst the uncovered treasures are reforged empyrean armor and the long anticipated final implementation of the /lockstyle command.

Also coming down the slopes are additional Unity Wanted battles, new spells and other job adjustments, adjustments to existing spells, and bucket loads of other additions and adjustments.

Good thing many of us have blown countless millions on upgrading the new skirmish gear, only to (probably) have it replaced the next month!

Zombie Souffle
Feb 3, 2010
I dunno, empy armor might stay how it is now even with reforge options. To be more blunt:
useless to 80% of people.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

That sounds pretty promising then but I have to wonder if I should try to finish my Aegis on Quetz or jump to Asura. I want to use my PLD and Aegis is the last major thing I can 'easily' farm for before I'm considered fully functional so it'd be tempting to always have my pick of dynamis zones.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

RazeChildren posted:

Good thing many of us have blown countless millions on upgrading the new skirmish gear, only to (probably) have it replaced the next month!

I really dont expect them to slap +7% bp damage, 25-35 pet mab and pet crit hit rate on each and every piece of callers 119. Smn got a insane as poo poo boost with the yorcia alluvion set, and convokers at best had two bp damage pieces and a nice set bonus.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

frodnonnag posted:

I really dont expect them to slap +7% bp damage, 25-35 pet mab and pet crit hit rate on each and every piece of callers 119. Smn got a insane as poo poo boost with the yorcia alluvion set, and convokers at best had two bp damage pieces and a nice set bonus.

I'd be interested to see rdm empy with the enhancement bonuses they had but that's because of my rdm fetish.

The only interesting pieces IMO are all bard and whm pants.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
The set bonuses were pretty awesome for general use, and they enhanced all sorts of skills. The current 119 AF is good and all, but it doesn't really have much flavor to them, just loads of stats.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

thf rf empy set bonus: rudya's storm generates 1000 tp.

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003

frodnonnag posted:

Yeah, the SMN stuff is probably safe. Hopefully the same is true for Taeon jobs who got a pretty substantial boost as well (though not as much as SMN). I don't mind replacing a piece or two, but dammit! I just made sets of near-perfect Triple Attack and Dual Wield Taeon.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

RazeChildren posted:

Yeah, the SMN stuff is probably safe. Hopefully the same is true for Taeon jobs who got a pretty substantial boost as well (though not as much as SMN). I don't mind replacing a piece or two, but dammit! I just made sets of near-perfect Triple Attack and Dual Wield Taeon.

Yeah, this feb update replaced some pre soa poo poo for smn, namely rare and hard to get poo poo like spurrina gages and ngen seraweels.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Paladine_PSoT posted:

thf rf empy set bonus: rudya's storm generates 1000 tp.

More rudras

More.

MORE.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Condiv posted:

That sounds pretty promising then but I have to wonder if I should try to finish my Aegis on Quetz or jump to Asura. I want to use my PLD and Aegis is the last major thing I can 'easily' farm for before I'm considered fully functional so it'd be tempting to always have my pick of dynamis zones.

It will be easy to farm on either server. Asura has more distractions because it has a greater NA population that actually does shouts. Do whatever you feel will help you reach your goal.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Read up a little bit, and it seems S-E being their usual selves again.

Bot Job Points? Permaban. Clipper around to create trillions of gil in Alexandrites that shouldn't of ever existed? 3 day temp ban. Bot fishing haks forever? Nothing.

Fantastic logic.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Read up a little bit, and it seems S-E being their usual selves again.

Bot Job Points? Permaban. Clipper around to create trillions of gil in Alexandrites that shouldn't of ever existed? 3 day temp ban. Bot fishing haks forever? Nothing.

Fantastic logic.

My favorite thing right now is the change to avatar's favor. They gave it a new tier months ago during the summoner changes, and it is impossible to reach the amount of magic skill needed. Currently by 1 loving point.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46238

I like the new geo and run "empy" armors. The run hat makes you look like a fancy lad. The geo armor reminds me of something a boxer wears before a fight in the Rocky movies. I can't wait to see what kind of shennigans I have to go through to get my empy brd armor reforged and +1.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Final Fantasy XI: Stockholm syndrome and a million loving battle systems.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Gruknor posted:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46238

I like the new geo and run "empy" armors. The run hat makes you look like a fancy lad. The geo armor reminds me of something a boxer wears before a fight in the Rocky movies. I can't wait to see what kind of shennigans I have to go through to get my empy brd armor reforged and +1.

Looks like they took design cues from their FF3 equivalents and that's pretty rad.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

What are the chances of getting caught botting Mandragoras in Ceizak Battlegrounds with EasyFarm? I'm just trying to get my weapon skills up, but I get the feeling this is fairly obvious.

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.
That's a pretty high-traffic area, I wouldn't risk it.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Noted. Any suggestions, then? I've got a lot of weapon skills I'm behind on, I might as well get some merits and CP on those jobs while I'm at it.

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003
It's tricky to find a good spot that isn't already trafficked. Try to find places that aren't particularly near any bivouac, but that have a high enough concentration of mobs. That's pretty unhelpfully general, but it should work as a rough guideline.

Alternatively, if you're just going to be semi-afk reading or watching Netflix or whatever, you can safely easyfarm anywhere. Just be sure to set things up so that you can hear it if somebody sends you a tell.

RazeChildren fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 7, 2015

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

GMs use tells, then?

This is new to me, so I'm not sure what to look for. I'll use ChatMon. Am I safe in assuming that as long as I respond to tells, my suspicious-looking farming methods won't be an issue?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Aren't the Urganites good to AFK on? Use healing trusts and you should be set, plus they take forever to kill.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Kazy posted:

Aren't the Urganites good to AFK on? Use healing trusts and you should be set, plus they take forever to kill.

They are very good to afk on, you just have to make sure the trust you are using can cast poisona because these urganites get their jollies from casting poison. Other than that, it is very easy to afk farm/skillup on them. I would have ffxi set up so you can still hear the incoming tell warning.

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003

Zero The Hero posted:

GMs use tells, then?

This is new to me, so I'm not sure what to look for. I'll use ChatMon. Am I safe in assuming that as long as I respond to tells, my suspicious-looking farming methods won't be an issue?

If you set up your bot well enough it won't look terribly suspicious. And you shouldn't get into any trouble unless somebody gets pissed off at you. If they do, they might send a tell your way. And if you aren't completely afk, you can check in every now and then to be sure that you don't have competition from somebody who isn't afk. Unless somebody reports you, you should be fine.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Zero The Hero posted:

What are the chances of getting caught botting Mandragoras in Ceizak Battlegrounds with EasyFarm? I'm just trying to get my weapon skills up, but I get the feeling this is fairly obvious.

Don't be a dink, cap records of eminence, and use those points to buy books.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I think my version of cupper is 2.0.0.4. Clipping through stuff still works but speed is broken. Is there a speed hack utility that's recommended these days? I've decided to step up my mythic progress.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
someone posted this a few pages back, it's a nice updated cupper with some neat map stuff.

projecttako.com/index.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I think my version of cupper is 2.0.0.4. Clipping through stuff still works but speed is broken. Is there a speed hack utility that's recommended these days? I've decided to step up my mythic progress.

Pos hacking in salvage will probably get you banned pretty loving fast.