Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormyish

I have no doubt that fluffie will make a kick-rear end quilt,
it's just waiting on the submissions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
I think I gave you and security drone the wrong usernames

bacalou

should donate the quilt to a homeless shelter so some hobo can throw up on our faces

Stormyish

XyloJW posted:

I think I gave you and security drone the wrong usernames

what do you mean

alnilam

security drone new name is perfect it makes me lol every time (and i don't mean that as an insult to sd)

treasure bear

FluffieDuckie posted:

Thank you cumt. I've always liked you

please could you make my square bigger?

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Are there any handy images of the hammock cat without the blue background?

XyloJW

Cumt posted:

please could you make my square bigger?

fluffie has assured me that my square will be largest, but to protect others' feelings, she will only show the finished quilt at angles that don't reveal this.

Stormyish

XyloJW posted:

fluffie has assured me that my square will be largest, but to protect others' feelings, she will only show the finished quilt at angles that don't reveal this.

it's going to be like that chocolate bar with the extra pip of chocolate magic bullshit, isn't it

Piso Mojado

Theglavwen posted:

i think there are some way back in the av thtead where they made damp stars av

treasure bear

Theglavwen posted:

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Hooray!

Machai

Theglavwen posted:

scroll to the top of the page and look to the left

Theglavwen

I already said hooray! Case is closed!

joke_explainer

wheres your submission??

also, everyone with something marked 'concept', let me know if thats what you've settled for the final design... I can't read minds :ohdear: and time is quickly running out.

The sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_y9V5HgzWdfyHILjX9xC6eqxTghu35vGu3EG26OTGg8/edit?usp=sharing so if you are not on there and should be let me know.

joke_explainer

Theglavwen

joke_explainer posted:

wheres your submission??

Hey man, it's coming, I've still got time, I can't work under all this pressure!

alnilam

what does the other side of the moon look like, why have we stolen all of the moons angular momentum like a cosmic vampire

joke_explainer

alnilam posted:

what does the other side of the moon look like, why have we stolen all of the moons angular momentum like a cosmic vampire

looks like this:

treasure bear

alnilam posted:

the other side of the moon is real lame

joke_explainer

aoba seragaki, are you sure you want your quilt square to say 'BIG BIC SQUAD'?

Bwee
what is this

tao of lmao

Bwee posted:

what is this

it's a quilt

Grass Effect

Bwee posted:

what is this

submit a picture and our robot friend will add you to the waitlist

Bwee
i don't have a picture, sorry

landy.

Bwee posted:

what is this

the birthday quilt. 60 people reserved squares and are making images to fill them.

Bwee
sounds tedious

XyloJW

Grass Effect posted:

submit a picture and our robot friend will add you to the waitlist

hahha

dogcrash truther

Bwee posted:

sounds tedious

hjust put your bird on teh quilt dummy

FluffieDuckie

:siren: status report :siren:

i decided to test out my printing methodology and see how good my images were going to be.

i carefully measured out 5 inch squares on a powerpoint template and copied over a couple of squares and resized them into the squares. then i dutifully flipped the images per the instructions. then i found that my printer actually had a paper type called "tshirt transfers" so i'm like hell we're rocking. and i put my expensive transfer paper in the printer and printed this out:

um it's not inverted. huh. turns out when you selecte "tshirt transfer paper" in the printer settings it goes "oh we need to invert the image" so i inverted it just so the printer could invert it again.

good to know

so i decided to follow this test run all the way through to see if we had any other surprises. i cut out julio's square and ironed it onto a fabric square:

the edges around the image are called seam allowances and are actually what i wanted to have happen. more on seam allowances later

after cooling the image i carefully peeled the paper off and boom

now if you ignore the fact that it's totally backwards, this is actually a win. the quality of the image is way better than i expected and the fabric is softer and easier to work with than i expected.

current outlook: cheerfully optimistic :peanut:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

the unabonger

burn

FluffieDuckie

dogcrash truther posted:

hjust put your bird on teh quilt dummy

this

ron color
stay safe fluffieduckie

Dotcom Jillionaire

Social distortion

:captainpop: holy hell this is awesome

Grass Effect
the photograph is so crappy that I can't see how nice the squares really are :(

tao of lmao

if you have a tile bathroom you should hang this up on the wall in sight of the mirror

Machai

in honor of failed BYOB projects, perhaps we can include this tile

FluffieDuckie

dammit this is not a failed project :argh:

Machai

FluffieDuckie posted:

dammit this is not a failed project :argh:

Im not saying it is, I'm saying we should honor the fallen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormyish