Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
I know. It's old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Wanamingo posted:

Andertoons

I am continually amazed at how much mileage and variety this comic gets out of the "chart in a meeting" scenario.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh Lynn Johnston! Those little shits really are terrible.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Sphinxster posted:

Oh Lynn Johnston! Those little shits really are terrible.
The apple does not fall far from the tree? :smith:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Wanamingo posted:

They're numbered, for your convenience. The one Tiggum up there posted is 1388.

Now I want to see #1488.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

It's just going to be the dude from the cafe. Nothing to see here, move along.

Non Sequitur

Apparently, he could've parked, like, 100 feet ahead of that meter, and been fine. I don't see any No Parkiing signs.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn is yesterday's.

Kliban's Cats

:v:

9 Chickweed Lane 3/10/2004

This is dumb now, Brooke.

Zits

Sara's :stare: cracked me up.

Kevin & Kell

Whatever.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts is in the middle of a management/labor dispute (March 12, 1968)

Mopey Pete's Silver-Age Comic Book Fantasy continues!

Popeye

Once again, Wimpy is the most useful character that doesn't (occasionally) punch things. They keep feeding him because he pays them back in exposition.

Meanwhile, Rip Haywire picks up a hitchhiker!

Out Our Way (October 13-14, 1926)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Just three unsupervised boys running around with lengths of pipe late at night. Nothing to see here.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I miss naptime.

poptropica is yesterday's.

heathcliff: It's good to be the king.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set knows bargains trump loyalty.

Working Daze's theme this weeks seems to be "Rita doesn't understand now-common terms".

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze's theme this weeks seems to be "Rita doesn't understand now-common terms".

Yeah, we're really approaching dog legs here, Zakour.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Green Intern posted:

Yeah, we're really approaching dog legs here, Zakour. Roberts

Zakour is the wad of used toilet paper that does the lovely jokes, Roberts is the pantsless fetishist that does the lovely pictures.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Zakour is the wad of used toilet paper that does the lovely jokes, Roberts is the pantsless fetishist that does the lovely pictures.

Ah, so Roberts is the T&A man, Zakour is the transformation fetishist? A match made in my own personal hell.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Just three unsupervised boys running around with lengths of pipe late at night. Nothing to see here.

Given the lumpy fullness of the boys' shirts (or pant knees), I wonder if they're supposed to have been using them to knock down someone's chestnuts.

Either that, or a bit of the old ultra-violence. One of those.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

What? He's never seen her, but she's seen him, or has she never seen him before either and just stumbled across his twitter feed and fell for him or something? This is idiotic.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

OBEY Rex Morgan

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I miss naptime.

Cul de Sac is so good at capturing the childhood mindset. I can barely even remember being able to think this way anymore.

Just go murder a bunch of fawns in front of their moms and cool off, you guys. You'll feel better.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Probably already posted but here is an article on Bill Watterson finally breaking his silence after years of avoiding attention

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lvin-and-hobbes

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

AT THE rear end BARGE

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

I really hope this is part of a plot to get Skip back for all the poo poo he talks behind Barry's back.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Manuel Calavera posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

Did... did somebody put the wrong joke on this? Why are they on dinosaurs?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The joke is that creationists believe that man and dinosaur lived at the same time due to God's design, despite fossil evidence to the contrary.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

AT THE rear end BARGE

Please...

Yacht de Derriere

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Zereth posted:

Did... did somebody put the wrong joke on this? Why are they on dinosaurs?

Basically Mike Peters is several years late to a joke the internet has done to death.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Green Intern posted:

The joke is that creationists believe that man and dinosaur lived at the same time due to God's design, despite fossil evidence to the contrary.

It's still kind of a weird joke, since, you know, the concept of Noah and his ark is inherently creationist.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Green Intern posted:

I thought they disputed that dinosaurs were real. :shrug:

Bobulus posted:

It's still kind of a weird joke, since, you know, the concept of Noah and his ark is inherently creationist.
Also that.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Zereth posted:

I think there's some division over that among different creationist camps.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

How often do you actually have to change remote batteries?

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

ZeeToo posted:

Pros & Cons

Unseen Panel 5 - Lawyer dude hands him the newspaper, 'Much better.'

(I want to believe!)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

And clearly that explains why he was killed with a pistol and not that rifle.

Bats are nocturnal because there's lots of insects in the air and they don't need sunlight to catch prey. But this doesn't mean that they don't venture out of their hideouts if the conditions outside become such that they could find nocturnal insects. If the conditions were right for their prey, then it would be right for bats no matter the time. Granted, that seldom happens outside of solar eclipse during a cloudy day. But that something happens seldom is no proof.

What would be proof though is that it's raining "half rain half snow".

1) Bats navigate by echolocation, and rain is like thick fog to bats: rain drops obstruct their sounds so they wouldn't know where to go. Ergo bats would stay inside.

2) You don't find flying insects in autumn rain because they want to stay out of the way of the rain drops. Ergo bats would stay inside.

3) Bats as tiny mammals with poor ability of maintaining body heat will hibernate not just over winter but whenever there is a cold spell in any season. If it's half rain half snow outside then they would be in their cave trying to preserve heat, not flying out to startle people. Ergo bats would stay inside.

Also there is the issue that

4) The men weren't wearing high visibility clothing despite poor weather. Ergo they weren't hunting at all, or if they were then they were poachers trying to avoid being seen by people.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

don Jaime posted:

I know. It's old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kACHU5eSwQ

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Please...

Yacht de Derriere

Butt Scow

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/the-assboat/1/ ?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Zereth posted:

I think the most common Christian views on the matter are either that God created the dinosaurs but they died out or that man created them by messing around with genetics and God got pissed and wiped them out in the flood.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Zereth posted:

There are enough divisions in Christian circles that for almost anything you can come up with, you'll find a group who believes it. I have heard it said that the dinosaurs weren't real and the fossils are a plant (by God or Satan, depending on who you talk to) to deceive us. That said, most Christians believe dinosaurs existed and the more important question is of when they died. The general consensus from my own experience with creationists and/or biblical literalists is that the dinosaurs were wiped out in Noah's flood, though this is not, of course, universal. I recall a guest speaker at the church I attended as a child making the argument that they were around much more recently than the atheists, and even most Christians, would have you believe. It's possible he claimed that they were around during Jesus' time, though it was a long time ago and I can't say for certain. He definitely thought they survived the flood.

These verses describing the Behemoth may be of interest:

The Book of Job 40:15-24 posted:

“Behold, Behemoth, which I made as I made you; he eats grass like an ox.
Behold, his strength in his loins, and his power in the muscles of his belly.
He makes his tail stiff like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are knit together.
His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like bars of iron.

He is the first of the works of God; let him who made him bring near his sword!
For the mountains yield food for him where all the wild beasts play.
Under the lotus plants he lies, in the shelter of the reeds and in the marsh.
For his shade the lotus trees cover him; the willows of the brook surround him.
Behold, if the river is turbulent he is not frightened; he is confident though Jordan rushes against his mouth.
Can one take him by his eyes, or pierce his nose with a snare?

Though we don't know exactly which animal this refers to, the Behemoth is now thought to be a hippopotamus. There are Christians, however, who will tell you this passage describes an apatosaurus. Same goes for the occasional mention of the Leviathan. (Grass eating aside, it sounds to me like a crocodile, which is sort of like a dinosaur, I guess.:))

I guess this isn't the Biblical Theory Megathread, though, is it? Here's something on topic, it's today's Luann!

Today we catch a rare moment when I agree with the main characters!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So the whole point of meeting Dez was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Arse Junk.

Is the owner of the Bum Boat referred to as the Rear Admiral?

• Locked thread