Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
The payday 2 dlc is available now if you've purchased HM2 or the special edition.
http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/hotlinemiami2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I have big plans today. Play Dragonball: Xenoverse all morning and afternoon while checking the ps store every half hour anxiously awaiting HM2. I love beating the poo poo out of dudes.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm lucky I'm in work today. Hopefully it's a busy day so I won't be thinking about this game all day.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I too am on the work-not-murder train. Thankfully I am allowed Spotify at work so I'm going to be loving BLARING the right songs all day long.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Last minute completion before HL2. One puzzle piece per chapter, not "level", right?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Last minute completion before HL2. One puzzle piece per chapter, not "level", right?

It's per-level.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

IGN has given HM2 a good review. Take that opinion with salt as they gave the last season of Dexter a good review.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
This was just posted by a PC Gamer UK editor:

quote:

Everybody's breaking embargo on Hotline Miami 2, then. Ours will be up as soon as it can be. Spoiler: I think it's really, really bad.
He goes on to say he loved the first one, so it should be an interesting review.

EDIT: Looks like the embargo has been lifted. Middling review on Videogamer

quote:

Ultimately, Hotline Miami 2 improves upon its predecessor in a way that is pleasing, but non-essential. And to get there, it undercut the one thing that made the original great. Hotline Miami was nasty, brutish, and short. Hotline Miami 2, sadly, is not.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 10, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Originally I had three days from today to do take our easy and enjoy a spot of the old ultraviolence, but by some twist of fate my -*girlfriend*- also has these days off.

I like hurting other people but I don't like hurting her feelings, so I'd rather not fob her off just to to lock myself in a darkened room falling into a murder-trance while listening to techno music :v: So it goes!

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

God, I need this in my veins.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Rock, Paper, Shotgun's review:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/10/hotline-miami-2-review/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

He goes on to say he loved the first one, so it should be an interesting review.

EDIT: Looks like the embargo has been lifted. Middling review on Videogamer

welp

not sorry I bought the vinyl though

Parachute
May 18, 2003
In HLM, does the timer stop when you finish a floor/complete a stage?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I'm so glad I emigrated from Australia to Potato Land.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Wow, looks like the game is going to be divisive. The general gist I'm getting is that it's the same but different.

Maybe it's not so pure and simple compared to its predecessor but remaking the first game wouldn't have worked a second time, I think. Still hyped for this game

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Songbearer posted:

Wow, looks like the game is going to be divisive. The general gist I'm getting is that it's the same but different.

Maybe it's not so pure and simple compared to its predecessor but remaking the first game wouldn't have worked a second time, I think. Still hyped for this game
The big thing I wanted was the level editor. The first game is a really tough act to follow and I'm kind of glad they didn't try to.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Which editor was it, out of interest?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

poptart_fairy posted:

Which editor was it, out of interest?

Chris Thursten

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

For those interested, here's PD2 Jacket (with sunglasses mask). Popular opinion is that he looks kinda like Michael Cera. The voice recorder he uses for all his lines is kinda spooky/cool.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cool, be interesting to see the reasoning then. Their lead editor's been a prick about HL's fanbase ever since Cara Ellison's preview a while ago.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

What a pretentious cock. I want to use an electric drill on his head.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Disgusting Coward posted:

Welcome to Rock Paper Shotgun. Being pretentious is basically required on your job application for that site.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

CJacobs posted:

For those interested, here's PD2 Jacket (with sunglasses mask). Popular opinion is that he looks kinda like Michael Cera. The voice recorder he uses for all his lines is kinda spooky/cool.

Jesus Christ, he looks like Timothy McVeigh.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Disgusting Coward posted:

I typically hate Adam Smith but he apparently really liked the game (as far as I could glean) so I'll give him a pass. This time.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Sadly his custom MAC-10 is kinda lousy, but at least its got custom markings! This is before the 80s paintjob treatment gets applied as a weapon mod:

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I too am on the work-not-murder train. Thankfully I am allowed Spotify at work so I'm going to be loving BLARING the right songs all day long.

Samesies. Here'a list compiled earlier that has a nice reference list for those creating a playlist:

Ybrik posted:

My camera sucks
Edit:
1a. 1. the green kingdom-untitled
2. magna-divide
3. cinimod-the rumble
4 carpenter brut-le peru

1b. 1. light club-blizzard
2. jasper byrne-voyager
3. scattle-bloodline
4. el tigr3-she swallowed burning coals
5. mega drive-slum lord

2a. 1. perturbator-future club
2. vestron vulture-new wave hookers
3. perturbator-technoir
4. benny smiles-hotline miami theme
5. el huervo-rust

2b. 1. carptentur brut-roller mobster
2. iamthekidyouknowhatimean-run
3. jasper byrne-decade dance
4. perturbator-sexualizer
5. life companions-untitled

3a. 1.chromacle-interlude
2. mega drive-acid spit
3. m|o|o|n-quixotic
4. magic sword-the way home

3b. 1. light club-fahkeet
2. magic sword-in the face of evil
3. scattle-rmorse
4. magadrive-narc
5. m|o|o|n-dust

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Hotline Miami 2 has a level editor?! How did I not know this? Oh drat this is gonna be good times.

Awwww yeah wake up and feel the grunge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYeDysZS80w :krad:

CJacobs posted:

Looks weird but it'll be fine when he has a rooster mask on :shrug:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
http://www.pcgamer.com/hotline-miami-2-wrong-number-review/

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Is there any way to preload on Steam?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:negative: It is not out. Darn.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also if you read a pre-release review for a game and you believe it, you may be functionally retarded. I haven't read an actual published review I agreed with since I was a kid

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

quote:

If the original game was the movie Drive—a seductive pop cultural moment, shallow but resonant, a crystallised mood—then this sequel is Nicolas Winding Refn's poorly-received follow-up, Only God Forgives. More complex but less powerful.

So Hotline Miami 2 will be a really great work of art that everybody misunderstands because it's a direct response to what came before it? I'm fine with that.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

drat, they really didn't like it.

This part is good though

quote:

There is another, powerful thing the game gets right, and that's the soundtrack. Your copy comes with almost fifty lossless tracks by artists like Jasper Byrne, Carpenter Brut, M.O.O.N, Perturbator. The experience is enormously enhanced by their work. That crash-prone five-stage mission is accompanied by Carpenter Brut's Roller Mobster, and despite listening to it on the way to work for the last couple of months and having now listened to it over and over during two unnecessary additional attempts at that mission, it's still loving rad.

null posted:

Is there any way to preload on Steam?

Normally yes but this game is like 200MB. Its per-developer / per-game and it looks like Hotline didn't set it up. But again, its gonna be a tiny download.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgXoSBhmWRU

Total Biscuit's got his WTF of the game up.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The story's going to be all over the place with 10 protagonists. I don't care I never played HM1 for the plot.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The story's going to be all over the place with 10 protagonists. I don't care I never played HM1 for the plot.

Yeah pretty much. The plot is just a thing for you to go :wtc: in between playing missions over and over.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Yeah, this is what I was afraid of. I really didn't like the extra story bits in HLM and neither did most of SA. So more of that is concerning. Also sad they never fixed the various bugs and such. Some of the bugs he mentioned are the same ones I ran into when I played HLM yesterday.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

So is it the same game, and the reviews are mixed because of the plot? Cus loving please, the game itself was fantastic.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Red Mundus posted:

Yeah, this is what I was afraid of. I really didn't like the extra story bits in HLM and neither did most of SA. So more of that is concerning. Also sad they never fixed the various bugs and such. Some of the bugs he mentioned are the same ones I ran into when I played HLM yesterday.
Game Maker directional code :cb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

The most concerning thing that PC Gamer review brings up (for me at least): The gameplay being restricted by your character so frequently, taking away the freeform choices that made the first game so great.

• Locked thread