Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Besesoth posted:

Typically, as I understand it, "packs" give you a selection of items and boosts, while "editions" are packs that also give you access to content. If you're going to spend $135 no matter what, I'd go with the Ultimate Nightmare Edition, since it'll have a longer effect on your gameplay.

If you're going to do this, Kinguin had the Ultimate Nightmare Edition for $65 last time I checked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
Holy poo poo, thanks.

LotionMan
Nov 1, 2004
Shut up, or I'll give you a nasty rash !
well, I have a lot of spare time, in as Crundle

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

mfny posted:

Can Leashya get an invite kthx.

Went for another guild sorry Goons :( just not enough Goons playing. The cost of the additional Soul packs and the Collectors packs aside is pretty much F2P done right and is a good game to. Much improved over time.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

If you're going to do this, Kinguin had the Ultimate Nightmare Edition for $65 last time I checked.

While I'm not up for paying the $65, Infusion Edition is only $22 holy poo poo holy poo poo! Is Kinguin a legit place to get keys from? I may purchase this, as I've been playing a bunch lately and the girlfriend is hoping to get back into MMOs. Which server do the majority of goons play on these days?

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I got this in my mail, good till the 15th

quote:

To redeem your 4th Anniversary Loot, simply enter the following codes at RIFTgame.com/redeem:

J3PN-NXKR-GRKQ-WYHN-2RNK
Legacy of the Delve (Dwarven Smithy Goggles)

RMJR-3EKZ-JZKD-LXGE-YQZG
Cleric’s Consolation (Title: “The Devotee”)

T6NG-NP9N-HPPY-3CYJ-RM7E
Hoot to Thrill (Hootie Companion Owl)

Happy Fourth!
The RIFT Team

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Are any goons still on Deepwood defiant? Logged in and doesn't look like it - haven't played since before Nightmare whatever released. Is there an active goon guild anywhere now?

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Hey, looks like I still have a gift with the Storm Legion souls in my Steam inventory, a reward from pre-purchasing Defiance.

Not sure if it still is redeemable but I havent played Rift in ages and if anyone is interested let me know!

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
I'd love to have the code, if it's still available. I played RIFT during Beta and a bit after launch and have recently gotten back into it; I've been dying to try out the newer Souls, but finances won't really allow. Just let me know, and I can PM you my SteamID.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Sure, PM me and its yours.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012

Issakhar posted:

Sure, PM me and its yours.

Thanks again for the code!

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

skylined! posted:

Are any goons still on Deepwood defiant? Logged in and doesn't look like it - haven't played since before Nightmare whatever released. Is there an active goon guild anywhere now?

Was wondering about this also.Got my new gaming computer and downloaded this a few days ago and im having fun.
On Deepwood as a guardian. :buddy:

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
How is the soloing capability for dungeons and raids? Can you solo any of the older content or at what point is it impossible to do so? I did a lot of soloing older content in WoW, but I never really ran dungeons or raids in Rift so, I am hoping I can go back and check out some of the missed content.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I remember soloing old expert dungeons in SL and 2-5 manning some of the old raids. With the new level cap, it should be possible to solo at least the first tier of 25-man vanilla raids.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
RE: Soloing

As a 65 Rogue I had no trouble with
- Greenscale's Blight
- Drowned Hall
- Rise of the Phoenix

I had extreme difficulty with one or more bosses in
- River of Souls (Warmaster Galenir)
- Gilded Prophecy (Guurloth)

I did not try
- Primeval Feast
- Hammerknell
- Infernal Dawn

RoS was troublesome because there is no way to out-dps his 10 stacks and die mechanic. It took four people to do successfully. Same thing might happen on Alsbeth if you take too long and get unlucky with the ghosts.
GP was a problem because you can't lifesteal off of the ghosts, who will beat you down while he's invincible.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Thanks for the soloing tips and info. I figured that the biggest obstacle was going to be boss mechanics as Rift bosses seem to require multiple team members to counter abilities, where as WoW just seems very solo friendly up to a point. ( ex. a 4 man group has already just about beat Blackhand, the latest end game boss, on normal) There are also those WoW bosses that just cannot be solo'd though.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is the rest of SL questing content as dreadfully uninspired as Pelledane was? It feels like every 3rd quest was to kill 8 of the exact same armaturas/triarii/sagatarii that I've been fighting since the start of the zone.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Pelladane is by far the worse SL continent/island as far as quest flow / plot goes.

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008
Been rocking a tempest warrior for a little while and its fun, seems to do pretty decent DPS now I have the rotation down, but are there any other good/fun warrior souls because I have a poorly made tank soul and another spare slot or two.

Also, dimensions seem to only be good for filling up my bag space with crap, or am I missing a trick in why people think they are great?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

TheCrushinator posted:

Been rocking a tempest warrior for a little while and its fun, seems to do pretty decent DPS now I have the rotation down, but are there any other good/fun warrior souls because I have a poorly made tank soul and another spare slot or two.

Also, dimensions seem to only be good for filling up my bag space with crap, or am I missing a trick in why people think they are great?

I've been to my dimension once. I really don't find it interesting at all.
If anyone is still playing on deepwood, could you post your ign's?
Im in as Nitzer. Assassin Rogue :ninja:

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 12, 2015

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

I'm on Deepwood as Yemdan if I could grab an invite.

Moboe
Apr 13, 2014
I just transferred to Deepwood as Melisahndre. Please send me an invite. Thanks! :)

math sucks
Oct 9, 2008
I hit 65 on my cleric a couple days ago and barely have the requirements for nightmare tide experts, which have been going ok if I have a support healer with us but I don't think I'm enough on my own. How should I go about gearing up from here?

edit: please invite Tildeshi to the goonguild

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
Since the last patch, the potential for pretty-princessing has increased tenfold. Every piece of gear you find is added to your account wardrobe, as well as dyes.

Now if only progression wasn't so screwy!

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Coming back to play and haven't done much since the first expansion. What pack do I want? Will the Typhoon pack give me the expansion + all new souls?

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
The expansion is free.

It doesn't seem as though the Typhoon pack unlocks the classes.

You'll have to simply buy the Storm Souls Pack & Dream Soul Pack for those, I believe. If I'm not mistaken, you can get them cheaper in-game using credits, especially if you're Patron.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Thank you much. I'll just grab it in game.

I'm on Deepwood as Defiant. Population seems pretty good. Is there a go-to leveling spec for Warrior?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I had completely forgotten about this game! For the one or two people still playing, are the official forums still the go to place for info/builds? I wanna try out that healing rogue and tank mage.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

desudrive posted:

Since the last patch, the potential for pretty-princessing has increased tenfold. Every piece of gear you find is added to your account wardrobe, as well as dyes.

You can learn a lot of wardrobe appearances by selling items back to the store. You don't keep the item, but you retain the look.

Visit the store and the special planar vendors.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes

Givin posted:

I had completely forgotten about this game! For the one or two people still playing, are the official forums still the go to place for info/builds? I wanna try out that healing rogue and tank mage.

Yep, the forums are decent for builds. Tank mage is very fun and surprisingly easy to run. I thought you'd have to rotate like a billion defense buffs just to not die but that's not the case at all. I'm not sure about healing rogue but they do a good job healing my Arbiter.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

desudrive posted:

So you don't need to keep the actual items around any more?

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
^ Nope, you can get rid of everything in your bags/bank. I actually have a bank now instead of 500 random armors/weapons, it's great.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I'm on Deepwood Defiant as Gaymarriage. I didn't see anyone in the Goon Guild. Anyone down to create another one?

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cacodad posted:

I'm on Deepwood Defiant as Gaymarriage. I didn't see anyone in the Goon Guild. Anyone down to create another one?

I'm usually online most weekdays (from 12 pm-2 am EST) as Ciam.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

desudrive posted:

^ Nope, you can get rid of everything in your bags/bank. I actually have a bank now instead of 500 random armors/weapons, it's great.

just started playing after being gone since T2 of SL and man this is the best thing. I cleaned out half my total bank space in 10 minutes by just sharding everything and destroying the costume pieces

I also love that they made weapons a proper part of the wardrobe system instead of that stupid transmog poo poo

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012

dovetaile posted:

I'm usually online most weekdays (from 12 pm-2 am EST) as Ciam.

You're on 14 hours a day every weekday?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

rlloyd3 posted:

:eyepop:

Is the first raid seriously hammerknell but with lv65 stats?

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

rlloyd3 posted:

Haha, not consecutively.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

dovetaile posted:

Haha, not consecutively.

um...still

that leaves 10 hours for sleep and work