Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bedtime Stories
Jul 28, 2013
Yikes. :psyduck:

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about dropping the title a few months ago when Endgame started. The whole thing is incredibly 90s, and not in the good nostalgic way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Starsnostars posted:

That giant loving gun... I feel like I've woken up in the 1990s.

I will gladly buy it if it ends with a giant fight with AzBats.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Solicits for Batman, Batgirl and Black Canary

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Batman /Appleseed crossover nobody wanted is here!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

All this and still no (non-Convergence) return of Cassandra Cain. :smith:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

redbackground posted:

Batman no more! Bruce has chosen a new spirit animal!

http://www.newsarama.com/23742-meet-dc-s-all-new-batman.html

that's a drat bunny

So is this going to be some weird rear end synergy play with the Arkham Knight video game? Also those loving antennae ears are hilarious. Looks like I was right to continue to just have Batman and Robin be the only Bat book to buy.

Edit: His run on Tec, Gates of Gotham, initial Court of Owls stuff were pretty good to decent.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 11, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They already made something beautiful out of the world's worst Batman idea (overwriting Year One) so by all means make Batman a robot.

e: Not like Bruce hasn't gone to robot suit, like eight times since 2011.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Mar 11, 2015

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Snyder's only been rubbish when he writes Joker.

As long as Joker has nothing to do with this story I'll read it, as odd as it looks and sounds.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Snyder's only been rubbish when he writes Joker.

As long as Joker has nothing to do with this story I'll read it, as odd as it looks and sounds.

The second half of his Court of Owls arc was rather subpar.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Teenage Fansub posted:

They already made something beautiful out of the world's worst Batman idea (overwriting Year One) so by all means make Batman a robot.

e: Not like Bruce hasn't gone to robot suit, like eight times since 2011.

I remember being really pumped after reading the Return of Bruce Wayne oneshots after he came back from the dead, where he was going around and testing all of his old allies while wearing a black Iron Man suit that had versions of all the powers of the JLA members. (Batgirl - "Oh my God, I'm fighting Amazo! A May Zo!") And I remember thinking "yep, that's about right. Now that he's leading a worldwide Batman team, as well as killing the God of evil, traveling through time, and creating his own ageless Batman legend, it's time for him to stop having to risk his life every time some street thug whips out an Uzi."

And then it was never mentioned again. :(

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Wasn't that basically because of miscommunication between Morrison and the tie-in writers?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Wasn't that basically because of miscommunication between Morrison and the tie-in writers?
There had to have been, as in Morrison's story, there is absolutely no place for the Road Home issues to occur. However, the Batgirl one is another fantastic extra bonus issue of BQM's Batgirl, so it becomes indispensable by default.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 11, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Damian's Solicit

ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN #1
Written by PATRICK GLEASON
Art by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
Cover by PATRICK GLEASON
1:25 Variant cover by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
On sale JUNE 17 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
The son of a Bat and a Demon, Damian al Ghul has set out to forge his own destiny – and atone for the shameful Year of Blood! Will he be aided or hindered by the behemoth Goliath? And what mysterious legacy trails behind him? Join writer/artist Patrick Gleason as he chronicles the globe-hopping adventures of ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

goldenoreos posted:

I'd rather her not have a book than have her be raped by a vampire every loving month.

What the hell did the new author do with the book after Williams left? :stonk:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Yvonmukluk posted:

All this and still no (non-Convergence) return of Cassandra Cain. :smith:

:smith::respek::smith:

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I remember that before Cameron Stewart's book was revealed to be Batgirl, there was a rumor that there was going to be a Birds of Prey relaunch with Cass, Steph, and Harper. I keep hoping that DC will realize that that's actually a really good idea and launch it. Throw Batwoman in as the leader since she doesn't have a book anymore while we're at it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Darth Nat posted:

I remember that before Cameron Stewart's book was revealed to be Batgirl, there was a rumor that there was going to be a Birds of Prey relaunch with Cass, Steph, and Harper. I keep hoping that DC will realize that that's actually a really good idea and launch it. Throw Batwoman in as the leader since she doesn't have a book anymore while we're at it.

I would buy this as long as it had a decent writer.

Bedtime Stories
Jul 28, 2013
I really want BunnyMan to be Harper, just to see literally everyone become thoroughly enraged.

Snyder would be fine if his stink was confined to his own books, but everything turns into an "event" or a "status quo" that side-tracks other books. It happened with Owls, it happened with DOTF, it happened with Zero Year, it happened (kinda) with Endgame, and it looks like it's going to happen with whatever this hot mess is, at least for Batgirl and We Are Robin. I dropped Batman for a reason, leave my other books alone. :smith:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bedtime Stories posted:

I really want BunnyMan to be Harper, just to see literally everyone become thoroughly enraged.

Snyder would be fine if his stink was confined to his own books, but everything turns into an "event" or a "status quo" that side-tracks other books. It happened with Owls, it happened with DOTF, it happened with Zero Year, it happened (kinda) with Endgame, and it looks like it's going to happen with whatever this hot mess is, at least for Batgirl and We Are Robin. I dropped Batman for a reason, leave my other books alone. :smith:

Year Zero had 13 tie ins and they were not even all bat titles.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Bedtime Stories posted:

Don't forget Rotworld, the crossover so terrible that I dropped Animalman and never looked back.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

You should have dropped Animal Man once the first arc ended :colbert:

And there hasn't really been anything wrong with Snyder's Batman crossovers, it all just depends on the creative team doing the tie-in, the Green Arrow one fit perfectly.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The thing about the crossovers is that they were more like tie-ins, in the way that you didn't need to read any of the outside titles to follow what was happening in the main titles. Part 1 in Batman wasn't followed by part 2 in Catwoman which wasn't followed by part 3 in Batgirl etc.

Bedtime Stories
Jul 28, 2013

quote:

DETECTIVE COMICS #41
Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL and
BRIAN BUCCELLATO
Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
THE JOKER Variant cover by PATRICK GLEASON
On sale JUNE 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Following the events of “Endgame,” get ready to ride with the GCPD in a whole new city! Harvey Bullock is leading a Bat task force, but what are his duties, and can he be trusted? And what kind of welcome awaits his new partner, Renee Montoya?

http://www.newsarama.com/23788-more-dc-june-2015-solicitations.html

I'm happy to see Renee again, but RoboCop Batman. :derp:

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
RoboCop Batman and his big gently caress-off Officer Downe gun owns. gently caress the haters.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I want the reveal to be something completely stupid. Like it's actually one of those Bat-Robots that's suddenly become self aware or something.
I'm cautiously optimistic about it, really. I've liked Snyder's Batman stuff so far.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
A lot of people are speculating its Gordon in the bunny-suit and I'm inclined to see some logic in it. The colors of the mecha are typical police ones and seeing him hanging out with the GCPD, along with explicitly targeting Barbara for something (I doubt elimination as the cover implies because covers always lie), lends some credence to the idea. Especially since Gordon does play a role in Endgame.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm excited for Detective to turn into a cop book for however long it will.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm excited for Detective to turn into a cop book for however long it will.

I really hope the blonde girl ends up being Renee.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

TheJoker138 posted:

Then who'd you like the brunette to be?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Yeah no that's Maggie Sawyer. She's been a blonde GCPD cop for like, forever.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I don't know if is actually interior art for the issue (I found it on a random tumblr)

But goddamn, I really want to read June's Gotham Academy

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's on the July artist's twitter, so I assume it's work for the book. https://twitter.com/mingjuechen
I dunno if she's just filling-in for #7. I think Karl Kerschl was still listed as series artist when July's continuing series were announced.

If Gotham Academy doesn't sweep the coloring awards this year, I don't know what would.

\/The 2015 Golden Wacom Award.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 13, 2015

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Teenage Fansub posted:

If Gotham Academy doesn't sweep the coloring awards this year, I don't know what would.

Yeah but which one?!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
If Detective Comics becomes a very soft relaunch of Gotham Central, I'd be more than satisfied with that.

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS
The question on my mind is this: what does this new Batman tell us about the conclusion to Endgame?

Obvious fact 1: Bruce is not Batman anymore.
Obvious fact 2: New Batman has something against Batgirl.

OF2 is sufficient to eliminate Jim Gordon as a candidate for the suit, which is good because I'd seen too many people speculating that it's him.

OF1 is more interesting: what about Endgame will cause Bruce to stop being Batman?

Here are some ideas:
1. Bruce dies. I consider this unlikely.
2. Bruce kills Joker, then stops being Batman because he broke his big rule.
3. Bruce is exposed as Batman and voluntarily turns the role over to someone else.
4. Bruce is exposed as Batman and has to disappear; someone else takes his place.

3 and 4 are most likely, since the comic has made a big deal about how Joker knows Bruce's identity. Am I overlooking anything?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Tequila Bob posted:

OF2 is sufficient to eliminate Jim Gordon as a candidate for the suit, which is good because I'd seen too many people speculating that it's him.

Covers deliberately mislead all the time.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I don't think the cover would mean it wouldn't be Gordon, just that the person in the suit chases her down or interacts with her in some way. The colours of the new costume make it seem more police like (it effectively is blue and white with a siren on it's back) and Detective has them teaming up with the GPD.

TheJoker138 posted:

Renee wouldn't be Maggie Sawyer, especially since classic Renee is being a cast member after being re-introduced back with Convergence.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Does Gordon know who batgirl is in this continuity? If not he might still go after her.

Alternatively the cover is lying and robo bat will just track Batgirl down to team up with her or something.

Alternatively alternatively, it's the sentient Barbara ai powering the robo bat.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Travis343 posted:

Does Gordon know who batgirl is in this continuity? If not he might still go after her.

Alternatively the cover is lying and robo bat will just track Batgirl down to team up with her or something.

Alternatively alternatively, it's the sentient Barbara ai powering the robo bat.
I think the general implication is Gordon knows Barbara is Batgirl but isn't interfering. That's usually the safest way to go with them.

I doubt the sentient Barbara is gonna power the new Batman, because this seems to a direct consequence of Snyder's Batman and not Stewart's Batgirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Babs AI is probably going to help her roomie become the new Oracle, now that I think about it.

• Locked thread