Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Comrade Flynn posted:

Of course it's right before the 918/ferrari the ferrari/p1 showdown.

:(

Of all the things Clarkson has done over the years, either as his t.v. persona or himself in specific, I wonder what the hell he's done that they're not airing this Sunday, supposedly?

Any guesses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Bajaha posted:

Any guesses?

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse producer to the ground.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bajaha posted:

:(

Of all the things Clarkson has done over the years, either as his t.v. persona or himself in specific, I wonder what the hell he's done that they're not airing this Sunday, supposedly?

Any guesses?

Logistically speaking they film the in studio portions the weekend it airs so that's why they can't air the episode.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Logistically speaking they film the in studio portions the weekend it airs so that's why they can't air the episode.

Wednesday, I think.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

neckbeard posted:

worse than a hullabaloo and a brouhaha combined
in other words it's like a donnybrook

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
I hope Jeremy quits, comes to America and starts a new car show with Jay Leno and Adam Carolla.

edit: Tanner can be the stig.

mod sassinator fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 10, 2015

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

1500quidporsche posted:

Huh, I always thought they recorded the studio parts right before the season starts for some reason. :downs: figured maybe they needed time to edit the studio parts or something.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

mod sassinator posted:

I hope Jeremy quits, comes to America and starts a new car show with Jay Leno and Adam Carolla.

Clarkson on Leno's Garage would be awesome

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Helpful explainer.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I feel like Chris Harris needs to sacrifice however many automotive trinkets to whichever gods are listening to take over if Clarkson gets the boot.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Goddammit BBC, you only had two decent shows to begin with, and now you've gone and suspended one of them.

What a poo poo network.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

McTinkerson posted:

I feel like Chris Harris needs to sacrifice however many automotive trinkets to whichever gods are listening to take over if Clarkson gets the boot.

I'd much rather have that then watch a show with Leno and Carolla.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I wonder what Tiff Needel is up to these days...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo, this has been the best season in years so far, I wouldn't mind if they wrapped it up at the high note at the end but mid-season would suck.

If he is kicked out, hopefully he'll go to America where he'll fit right in with all the other racists :v:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Comrade Flynn posted:

He just didn't want to have to change his name to Jennifer.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Why does suspending him have to involve not airing the episode?

^^^ It's kind of like a kerfuffle

The studio part of he show is taped on Wednesday, which is tomorrow. If he's suspended, he can't tape the show.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cojawfee posted:

The studio part of he show is taped on Wednesday, which is tomorrow. If he's suspended, he can't tape the show.

They should have just replaced him with a stand-in like they did with the Yugo for the Bentley Mulsanne. It would obviously be:

CornHolio posted:

I wonder what Tiff Needel is up to these days...

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

PT6A posted:

Goddammit BBC, you only had two decent shows to begin with, and now you've gone and suspended one of them.

What a poo poo network.

Did you count Wolf Hall in that?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

sbaldrick posted:

I've neither seen nor heard of that show. Are there decent things in Britain that never make it to BBC Canada, so they can show more old, lovely soap operas?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Comrade Flynn posted:

That's not happening any time within this series. Word was that it would be an off-series special shown later on in the year.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

PT6A posted:

I've neither seen nor heard of that show. Are there decent things in Britain that never make it to BBC Canada, so they can show more old, lovely soap operas?

Hate to break it to you but Holmes on Homes is not a BBC show.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

They must be aware that TGUK absolutely wouldn't work without Clarkson, so if the sacking stands they're practically deciding to end the show here.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They have a new show "Banished" too, about a bunch of crooks and whores starting Australia. The hound is on it!

Wherever clarkson lands, he'll be fine. The top gear formula is starting to wear thin as it is. James May will carry on doing James May things and making James May shows. Hammond will go back to cheesy pseudo-science shows nobody gives a gently caress about. 2 or 3 more focused shows could rise up to fill the gap left behind. the world keeps turning.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Double Bill posted:

They must be aware that TGUK absolutely wouldn't work without Clarkson, so if the sacking stands they're practically deciding to end the show here.

If Clarkson goes, finding someone to slot neatly with Hammond or May would be difficult. Maybe Chris Harris?!? Although he seems pretty happy doing his Youtube stuff. I wish TG US goes through a re-cast. I'd steal Carlos Lago, Johnny Lieberman, and one of the Road Kill guys (or both).

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

pik_d posted:

He just didn't want to have to change his name to Jennifer.

Good point. Since the 918 destroyed the P1 by a second at Laguna, I'd imagine it would be even faster around a tighter track like the Top Gear track.

holocaust bloopers posted:

If Clarkson goes, finding someone to slot neatly with Hammond or May would be difficult. Maybe Chris Harris?!? Although he seems pretty happy doing his Youtube stuff. I wish TG US goes through a re-cast. I'd steal Carlos Lago, Johnny Lieberman, and one of the Road Kill guys (or both).

Come on. Youtube is one thing, hosting one of the biggest shows on earth is another. Harris would do it in a heartbeat.

Also any American show without Carollla is worthless. The guy is basically an American Clarkson and has an awesome car collection to match.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

gently caress it, just give Freiburger and Finnegan their own hour long Roadkill special every week. I'd watch the hell out of that.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Comrade Flynn posted:

Good point. Since the 918 destroyed the P1 by a second at Laguna, I'd imagine it would be even faster around a tighter track like the Top Gear track.

Come on. Youtube is one thing, hosting one of the biggest shows on earth is another. Harris would do it in a heartbeat.

Also any American show without Carollla is worthless. The guy is basically an American Clarkson and has an awesome car collection to match.

Carolla is old.

T1g4h posted:

gently caress it, just give Freiburger and Finnegan their own hour long Roadkill special every week. I'd watch the hell out of that.

Roadkill is remarkably good. Although them operating with a tiny budget is what makes the show.

edit: Motor Trend has assembled an excellent group of editors. The vast majority of their Youtube talent is outstanding. Don't care much for the older guy who does road trips. Haven't seen enough of the blonde girl to make a judgment call.

bloops fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 10, 2015

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

mobby_6kl posted:

poo poo, this has been the best season in years so far, I wouldn't mind if they wrapped it up at the high note at the end but mid-season would suck.

Haven't seven episodes aired already? Does anyone know how many more were planned? I know last series had 10 episodes but the ones before that were usually 6-7, so I feel like we've already gotten a full series.

Edit: I was way wrong, the past series have all been 5-7 pretty much, but this one looks like it had 10 planned for some reason.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Powershift posted:

Hammond will go back to cheesy pseudo-science shows nobody gives a gently caress about.

Science of stupid is actually watchable/entertaining now that Hammond is hosting it, it was completely insufferable when they had that slack jawed idiot before him hosting, everything about the previous host was grating.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

It's been cancelled as well. Cromwell was ... let go.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Might as well be an audition tape.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i5gf_8eaC0

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
According to the Radio Times he tried to punch a male producer and the BBC have suspended the rest of the series until after an investigation can take place - so it isn't just a one week thing

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

IceAgeComing posted:

According to the Radio Times he tried to punch a male producer and the BBC have suspended the rest of the series until after an investigation can take place - so it isn't just a one week thing

Can't imagine Clarkson throws hard.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Good thing he wasn't within 100 feet of a steak knife at the time, or he'd probably be in prison right now.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Can't imagine Clarkson throws hard.

we should ask piers morgan

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

I'm more interested in how it escalated and what it was over. From all I have seen on the TV of Clarkson he doesn't seem to get angry easily, but that's just on TV.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I thought you guys were supposed to be tough.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
So is their any word on what has happened?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And Clarkson isn't?

I would have thought Carolla would have made the perfect Top Gear USA anchor, but then he went and made that godawful spec pilot or whatever the gently caress it was with the basketball players and the product endorsements and poo poo. It was spectacularly unfunny and tedious, enough so that TGUSA as we know it seemed watchable by comparison.

I've always thought the key is getting people who are good TV personalities regardless of whether they know much about the subject matter. Alton Brown for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Alighieri posted:

I'm more interested in how it escalated and what it was over. From all I have seen on the TV of Clarkson he doesn't seem to get angry easily, but that's just on TV.

Maybe Clarkson had enough of the "challenges" from the "producers"