Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
*high-fives all the people who got new jobs/raises*

My test results came back and everything they drew is in a good range! Also we might go out to eat as a family in a little while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zira
Oct 9, 2007

You have a job! Karl has a job! What's my purpose?
Karl has a job!Karl has a job!
What's my purpose? What's my
You have a job! purpose?
What's my purpose?
What's my purpose?
I'm off to Disneyland! Yeah!

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
My former riding teacher (total rear end in a top hat who abused horses, stole tack from clients and threatened customers) just got his reputation ruined for good. He was in court for keying a woman's car and attempting to use his 30 year stallion as a weapon against her 14 year old daughter. Today, I found out he got convicted. Sweet schadenfreude.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
This was actually last night but it snowed like six inches and I had a fantastic time watching our puppy lose her loving mind :3: She couldn't decide if she wanted to eat the snow or dance in it or just zoom everywhere.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Celery Face posted:

My former riding teacher (total rear end in a top hat who abused horses, stole tack from clients and threatened customers) just got his reputation ruined for good. He was in court for keying a woman's car and attempting to use his 30 year stallion as a weapon against her 14 year old daughter. Today, I found out he got convicted. Sweet schadenfreude.

That's awesome, I hope the horses are okay.

Today Ringling Bros. decided the backlash and expose videos "hurt their brand" too much and, out of feigned concern for the declining populations of Asian elephants, have decided to phase them out of their shows. It's going to take three years, and no word yet on the big cats, camels, or other wild animals they abuse, but with continued pressure, we might be able to get them to be an entirely humane circus in another fifty years or so. Small victory for animals!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Today, one of my paintings was featured in a show at the Riverside Art Museum. They had a call for art created by students, teachers, and other people who are in education. This was my first museum show, so I'm stoked!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

genesplicer posted:

Today, one of my paintings was featured in a show at the Riverside Art Museum. They had a call for art created by students, teachers, and other people who are in education. This was my first museum show, so I'm stoked!

Is that Voyager?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I heard back immediately on a job I applied for! And it seems like I maybe have a shot at it---a real, 40-hour-a-week-with-benefits, honest-to-God grown-up job!!!

Edit: plus Hannibal got a premiere date, and I made a really scary phonecall with a good outcome. I'm kind of drunk on good things right now and not sure what to do about it.

VV Way to go! A&P is hard!

Astrofig has a new favorite as of 23:28 on Mar 6, 2015

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I got 100% on my anatomy & physiology exam.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Got a glowing performance review and a hefty raise :dance:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Figured out the exact amount of tax return money I'll get. It's not very big, but maybe I'll buy some nifty stuff.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I got accepted into college. I hope this means that I'll have options.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

My tax return hit my account today.

I work at a college, and spring break started today, which means a week of paid vacation without having to take vacation time.

This will be the first time ever my wife and I will be off work at the same time. Awesome.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My boss finally unfucked her printer so we get our timesheets to sign. I can stop worrying if I'll get paid! Also I've managed to save almost 200 bucks from the last paycheck too; if I can keep this up I can replace my shitbox of a computer in a few months!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Got my state tax refund back by direct deposit today, got a lot done at work, bought a bottle of tequila on the way home and just got 2 Papa Murphy's pizzas for $19 because some goof put in an order and forgot to pick it up :) gonna get stuffed and drunk after a long week, even did up a little Photoshop of a coworker's baby and had half the office laughing to tears when I put it on FB :feelsgood:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009

Ozz81 posted:

Got my state tax refund back by direct deposit today, got a lot done at work, bought a bottle of tequila on the way home and just got 2 Papa Murphy's pizzas for $19 because some goof put in an order and forgot to pick it up :) gonna get stuffed and drunk after a long week, even did up a little Photoshop of a coworker's baby and had half the office laughing to tears when I put it on FB :feelsgood:

Look, you don't need to post the photoshop, but you have to at least describe it.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Maggie Fletcher posted:

That's awesome, I hope the horses are okay.
He beats the horses* and apparently gives them cattle feed instead of horse feed to save money (the money that the boarders give him, not his), so not for now. I don't know what punishment he'll get but the local fair is probably gonna ban him and he'll lose a lot of customers. Hopefully at least some of those poor horses will get sold soon. :(

*He once tied a mare's leg up underneath her so she couldn't run and then beat the poo poo out of her. When someone reported him to the SPCA, they were like "Okay, we'll add it to the stack of complaints against this guy."

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 08:56 on Mar 7, 2015

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012
Realized it's been 18 months since I smoked my last cigarette

AND my sister made us Asian inflected marinated salmon that was the best piece of fish I think I have ever eaten. I'm not normally a salmon person; finding it in the past to be too dry and overly strong. But this was perfection.... or maybe it's just my refreshed, regrown, and/or healed up taste buds.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Look, you don't need to post the photoshop, but you have to at least describe it.

It wasn't the best but it was the idea behind it - me and 2 coworkers (a girl and a guy) were talking about kids, girl is pregnant with her second and her first is almost 2 years old. Somehow the topic got on to kids and how their hair looks/grows and she brought up that her daughter, Emma, has the "Hulk Hogan" hairstyle - thin on top with the wrap-around long hair on the sides and back. I jokingly blurted out "Whatcha gonna do when Emmamania runs wild on YOU??" and we had a good laugh...that led to this when I got home later:

Funny enough, I'm friends with both coworkers and a few others on FB, it made it around the office and I got terrible Photoshop fame for a day v:shobon:v

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Dick Trauma posted:

Is that Voyager?

Yes, Voyager 1 to be exact.. It is titled "September 5, 41,977". This is roughly the time when Voyager will encounter the star AC +79 3888. This is my vision of that encounter. I made this painting (like many of my others) as a visual aid for my students. It will be put up in my classroom when we study space exploration.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I have a real soft spot for Voyager and you're a cool teacher.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

genesplicer posted:

Yes, Voyager 1 to be exact.. It is titled "September 5, 41,977". This is roughly the time when Voyager will encounter the star AC +79 3888. This is my vision of that encounter. I made this painting (like many of my others) as a visual aid for my students. It will be put up in my classroom when we study space exploration.

Teachers like you are what make learning awesome and fun :) great painting too, it's cool that you incorporate more than just science into what you do!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I got another college acceptance letter :woop:. I sincerely hope that this means that I'll be able to attend a college without moving out of state. Here's to hoping for some in the 15th.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
One of my best friends who has had mental health issues disappeared Sunday night. She's been under a lot of stress lately and just walked out of the apartment she shares with her boyfriend.

I posted a note at work, called all the hospitals in the area looking for my friend or any Jane Does and searched through the usual drug and hobo neighborhoods as I drove.

I coordinated with her friends and family and made a "Have You Seen Me?" poster last night. It ended up going viral as I slept, but even better than that my friend has been found and is safe and in stable condition! I accidentally deleted the viral photo, though, instead of thanking everyone.

I don't care about the details, I get my friend back :)

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My professor came through for me and pointed me towards major resources I needed for a paper.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Yesterday it was my birthday. I got wayyyy more people wishing me a happy birthday than I expected.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
After nearly half a year of pain and suffering, I had this nasty little bastard of a tooth pulled. I have to deal with the aftermath and get fitted for an implant or something in a few weeks, but annoyance is much better than pain. Now to find a dentist who will fit me with a gold tooth.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
My offer came through and it's exactly what I wanted! Plus a 10% bonus after a year, stock options, and a few other unexpected benefits here and there. And my direct report went to my alma mater, so it'll be nice to have her around to shoot the poo poo with! Now to give notice at my short-handed temp job without them hating me for leaving them even more short-handed...

Also, my stepmother, who was diagnosed with Guillain-Barre about two months ago, is back at work! She's still got blurred vision and can't drive yet, but she's well on the road to recovery.

I'm running a marathon this weekend and initially the forecast was for highs of 92, but now they're down to 88, and the race has planned cold buses, dousing stations, and wet towels. And the cold I thought I was getting is starting to ease up.

It's been an eventful day..

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Employer said they would have to cut my ridiculously long 12.5 hour shifts to allow a more standard shift arrangement, and I was sad... but then they offered me a raise to make my 8 hour shifts the same amount of pay. And that's my second raise in four months. So I am happy. .

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
Just waiting on an offer letter on a job that will pay me a ton of money and let me work from wherever so moving to a place that's way cheaper to live. Go me.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009

Merica posted:

Just waiting on an offer letter on a job that will pay me a ton of money and let me work from wherever so moving to a place that's way cheaper to live. Go me.

:hfive: new job buddy! Mine starts next week and I should be able to finish onboarding today. I don't get to work from anywhere, but I'm moving from contractor to full employee so I get benefits, stock options, etc., plus a $25k raise!

Also, not today, but I ran the LA Marathon on Sunday and my legs and back are about 75% back to normal, only a little stiffness after sitting for a few hours. No personal best for me, but I improved in placement in the overall field of runners and, more importantly, did not die in the 88-degree heat! :D

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My super super super hot coworker seems to be interested in having an affair with me. Chubbing up just thinking about it!

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

Maggie Fletcher posted:

:hfive: new job buddy! Mine starts next week and I should be able to finish onboarding today. I don't get to work from anywhere, but I'm moving from contractor to full employee so I get benefits, stock options, etc., plus a $25k raise!

Also, not today, but I ran the LA Marathon on Sunday and my legs and back are about 75% back to normal, only a little stiffness after sitting for a few hours. No personal best for me, but I improved in placement in the overall field of runners and, more importantly, did not die in the 88-degree heat! :D

Got my offer and put in my notice :feelsgood:

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Merica posted:

Got my offer and put in my notice :feelsgood:

Awesome!
:):hf::yotj:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
This was last week, but whatever.

I was on the train early in the morning, and I saw a guy board it holding his girlfriend by the neck. While at first I thought they were just messing around, the guy clearly turned pretty violent, and the girl started to cry. So I went to check on her, told the guy to back off. He spat in my direction and made a fuzz, but he left.

The girl disappeared when I told her we should call the cops (I'm guessing they were a couple). I wish I could have done more, but at least it felt good to stop that abusive gently caress for a while.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I ate lots of delicious, delicious meat.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Out with the lovely supervisor who refused to do her goddamn job and stop being late with time sheets, in with the new one who answers her goddamn phone in a timely manner and does the sheets first thing at the start of the week :dance:

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
I got a day job today. I can't believe it what the gently caress

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I'm heading out to Massachusetts to spend the weekend with one of my best friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

The gym opened 15 minutes early.