Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I Am Not Spor posted:

Can I just say: the 2015 Outback driver's seat is the most uncomfortable worthless ill-designed piece of poo poo car seat.

My Mom has the same sentiment about the passenger seat in theirs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
Wagon doing work. Averaged 20 mpg over 1200 miles. Click for big.

Left Ventricle fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 11, 2015

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
Rear engine forester.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I notice that all these shots of Subarus are always of engines being hauled is there something going on that you need lots of new engines hmmmmmmm?????

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Head gaskets (ej22 supremacy).

Seriously, I don't know. It's not like you need a whole new engine for a head gasket. I'd understand if nm got a few spare blocks, though. He's got the shittiest luck with his Forester XT.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

I had put a 2.2 with sti headgaskets and stock 2.5 heads into my outback. Then my outback rusted out and the subframe cracked (look at fail thread). I got this forester for free. It needed clutch and headgaskets (and other stuff, etc). It ran fine, but the ej25 is a pile of poo poo so out of principle I put the ej22 in it. The 2.5 is on the way to its new home here.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I notice that all these shots of Subarus are always of engines being hauled is there something going on that you need lots of new engines hmmmmmmm?????

Survey says.....YES

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

*just subaru things*

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
I like that you put the privacy screen up so nobody tries to steal your engine.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I have this personified vision of all these cannibalistic half-dead mutant Subaru graverobbers unearthing the remains of their fallen comrades and devouring the still-warm steel flesh in order to sustain their unholy existence. Someone should do some art for this.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

savesthedayrocks posted:

Party in the front and middle, machine shop in the back :smug:

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

There's actually an ej25 short block hiding behind that ej22...

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Oh, and I guess the GL can play, too. Dual cam ej25 hiding in the trunk.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
The last few posts don't inspire confidence in scooby engines.

How about some mobile wagon workshop?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea my Foz doubles as a portable workshop when Im not currently putting another engine in it, haha.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

I can do mobile wagon workshop.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
Back in tow truck mode with her flashing lights on, rescuing another Golf wagon after its driveshaft bolts fell out on the motorway:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Head gaskets (ej22 supremacy).

Seriously, I don't know. It's not like you need a whole new engine for a head gasket. I'd understand if nm got a few spare blocks, though. He's got the shittiest luck with his Forester XT.

Its a legacy wagon, not a forester. I wouldn't own an SUV.
Also, yes, gently caress EJ257s forever.

savesthedayrocks posted:

I'd have stolen it a few weeks ago if it was an EJ255/7 case.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Mooseykins posted:

The last few posts don't inspire confidence in scooby engines.

I got hooked on Subarus by a friend in high school. He had a "94" Subaru, which I put in quotes because it had automatic belts, which IIRC ended after 92. His VIN also said it was red when it was that dull grey-brown Subarus of that vintage came in. While he owned it, he had to replace both front CV axles, the clutch, and multiple fuel pumps. However, while he owned it it also ticked over 250,000 miles. Which was measured since it was wrecked, fixed, and salvage titled. He never once touched the engine, unless you count doing the fluids. Which you shouldn't.

Basically, the ej22 isn't like the jeep 4.0. It isn't the unkillable Jason Voorhees of engines. It's more like the Terminator of engines. As long as you keep pulling the bullets out and don't spray it with liquid nitrogen or dump it in a vat of molten steel, it will keep going.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

nm posted:

Its a legacy wagon, not a forester. I wouldn't own an SUV.

Just sayin'.... The legacy is quite a bit bigger than the forester. Going from my beloved outback to the forester is a big size reduction.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
I feel like I missed out when I had my Forester. I should've torn apart an engine, threw it in the trunk, and drove around :'(

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

nm posted:

Also, yes, gently caress EJ257s forever.

The EJ251's were worse. At least the 257 is a fun engine after you sink some thousands of dollars getting the gaskets and heads reworked.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Having heads surfaced costs under $100, I don't pay for any other car work, though. Screw that, I can put gaskets and turn wrenches...

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I got hooked on Subarus by a friend in high school. He had a "94" Subaru, which I put in quotes because it had automatic belts, which IIRC ended after 92. His VIN also said it was red when it was that dull grey-brown Subarus of that vintage came in. While he owned it, he had to replace both front CV axles, the clutch, and multiple fuel pumps. However, while he owned it it also ticked over 250,000 miles. Which was measured since it was wrecked, fixed, and salvage titled. He never once touched the engine, unless you count doing the fluids. Which you shouldn't.

Basically, the ej22 isn't like the jeep 4.0. It isn't the unkillable Jason Voorhees of engines. It's more like the Terminator of engines. As long as you keep pulling the bullets out and don't spray it with liquid nitrogen or dump it in a vat of molten steel, it will keep going.

1995 is when driver's side airbag systems were mandatory in the U.S. thus when most manufacturers stopped using automated belts if they hadn't already switched to airbags.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I've posted this baby before and forgot about it woops but here it is, my daily driver. Rare as crap and slow as crap but it won't get stuck in the snow, with it solid rear axle, electronically controlled locking center diff. It has no leaks and extremely little rust for an 80s toyota on the east coast. Its 4afe engine and automatic transmission can move this bad boy across most terrains but not very quickly. Also interestingly enough, it's classified as an AE95 chassis code but the VIN says AE94 which confused the crap out of the Aussie Facebook group. It's pretty decent on gas, I get about 250miles on a full tank that costs me 20 bucks. It has 120,000 miles and counting. Just did the timing belt and water pump, has heat, and air conditioning(r134 works just fine). Shocking the compressor isn't locked up. I bought it from a scrap yard that just happened to get it from the original owner (I assume) passed away. The mileage on the title said 12 miles, wish I saved a copy before the MVA took it. I updated the stock 13 inch wheels to a 15 x 7 rota. Just ordered some fender mounted mirrors. Suspension will be fun to piece together as there is no aftermarket for this car in states, but it does fine for now. Nothing blown or broken yet.

Edit: also, $900.00

I'm looking for an 88-91 celica all trac to donate parts from(manual trans, clutch pedal and cylinder assembly, etc,etc,etc) so if anyone knows anything, pm me I'm in Maryland!

interwhat fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 14, 2015

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Also, I'm working on an 2002 S6 avant at work. Oil cooler housing is cracked on an oil passage. Making a lot of money on this car but it's gorgeous, 60k miles and goes like hell. I'll get some pics on Monday

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Neat car interwhat!

Unrelated but awesome:

V60 Polestar. Sounded good although we were in traffic and I was in the wrong car to bait him to open it up.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Tremek posted:

Neat car interwhat!

Unrelated but awesome:

V60 Polestar. Sounded good although we were in traffic and I was in the wrong car to bait him to open it up.

I really want one of those for the wife, way out of budget, though. Love that shade of blue and the styling.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Tremek posted:

Neat car interwhat!

Unrelated but awesome:

This is the first time I ever seriously thought about suggesting carjacking as a viable option.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I didn't remember just how rare they are - Volvo made 750 sedans and wagons worldwide, and we only got 80 wagons and 40 sedans. I will have to stalk the owner in my town and chat with him about it. Apparently Volvo will make more too, which is also cool.

Some perspective; that's about 20 times rarer than my -V (which btw put down 575whp yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vTK80-Ozns )

Tremek fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 29, 2015

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Tremek posted:

I didn't remember just how rare they are - Volvo made 750 sedans and wagons worldwide, and we only got 80 wagons and 40 sedans. I will have to stalk the owner in my town and chat with him about it. Apparently Volvo will make more too, which is also cool.

Some perspective; that's about 20 times rarer than my -V (which btw put down 575whp yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vTK80-Ozns )

I think there are only 5 in Canada. :(

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

El Scotch posted:

I think there are only 5 in Canada. :(

I spoke with my local Volvo Dealer (in Edmonton). Alberta is getting 1 of the new 2016 editions. So it looks like one for each province with high Volvo sales. And a $10k dealer markup. So it's a $70k wagon now.

Kolster
Dec 31, 2006

Why hast thou forsaken me?
Having a little fun with some white rims on the Sportwagon. :3:

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

interwhat posted:

I've posted this baby before and forgot about it woops but here it is, my daily driver. Rare as crap and slow as crap but it won't get stuck in the snow, with it solid rear axle, electronically controlled locking center diff.

So jealous right now. The JDM models seem to be a hot commodity:

http://www.outbackimports.ca/wagons.html

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Kolster posted:

The new rims look a little odd to me but god drat that car is beautiful.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Kolster posted:

I am super jelly of that Alfa. :awesome:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

I spoke with my local Volvo Dealer (in Edmonton). Alberta is getting 1 of the new 2016 editions. So it looks like one for each province with high Volvo sales. And a $10k dealer markup. So it's a $70k wagon now.

One of the most exclusive cars in Canada. :eng101:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

This is cool.

Winter mode is now done Blizzaks don't like 70° temps. Car is a beast in the snow with the Borg Warner AWD system. I drove through snow plow berms 2 feet taller then my hood during this crazy NE winter we had and never got stuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Tremek posted:

Neat car interwhat!

Unrelated but awesome:

I've spent a lot of time fantasizing about selling all 3 of my current cars and buying one of those instead. I won't, but I fantasize about it.

• Locked thread