Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

unlimited carbonated water

worth it

Carbonated water is my favorite drink for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I love rare burgers

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Fetus Tree posted:

worth it

Carbonated water is my favorite drink for sure

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Ew, not tonic water. Thats for gin and tonics. Shits rancid on its own imo.

Seltzer water or club soda. No calories and all the bubbles you want. Quite refreshing.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i have a soda stream and i realise it doesn't save poo poo but it's nice not to have to carry all that carbonated water from the store

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Amazon has larger scale ones that would potentially pay for themselves, also, theres a lot of DIY how-tos out there

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i had a quarter pounder with cheese for breakfast

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

gggiiimmmppp posted:

gently caress yeah.

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
Tried out a new joint that recently opened up in my area. Apparently it's a place started somewhere in Texas and has been franchising out here in Northern California, Mooyah Burgers. The news did a segment on them which is how I heard. It seemed like a weird thing to report on, but I was happy.

And my apologies for the lack of pictures. I placed my order, sat down and got my phone all ready to take a picture. After they called my name I was so jazzed to get my burg on, I totally forgot to snap the picture... Next time.

I went for their double with cheese, add bacon. You can choose your bun; white, wheat and lettuce wrap. White it is. Then you choose from a list of toppings, like 5 guys. Lettuce, tomato, raw onion, pickles, mayo, mustard and ketchup. I wanted to keep it simple, nothing too fancy.

Now for me personally, the bun is what really makes a good burger, an awesome burger, and they had great buns! Kind of resembled a tall, fluffy brioche bun. Really light and fluffy despite how thick it looked, which made it easy to squish down and let you get your entire mouth over the burg. I fully agree with many of you who don't enjoy burgs too tall to bite... But yes, great all around tasting burg and I will definitely be back. Maybe not too frequently as it was a bit pricey, although I did get the most expensive option on the menu, plus a regular fries and drink. Think it was $13 and change. The fries were the only let-down for me, and I think I may be the minority here. The fries were pretty heavily salted, which isn't that bad. But despite looking over cooked, in that they were pretty dark brown, they weren't crispy at all which is what I prefer. Heavily salted, limp, almost borderline mushy. Meh... Maybe I'll skip the fries in the future and save a few bucks that way.

OHH and one last thing that surprised me, the ice from the soda fountain were those little cylindrical turd shaped ice cubes. I remember seeing them around when I was younger, but haven't seen any place using them in the last 10 years. Weird thing to comment on I know, but it made me happy :3:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
thirteen dollar poopcubes

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

LeoMarr posted:

I love rare burgers

I used to think medium was the best way to cook burgs but i am really fond of medium-rare now... Not sure if ill venture into rare territory with this ground beef i usually buy tho hrmm

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

gggiiimmmppp posted:

USA USA USA

VVVV HAHHAHAHHAH

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 10, 2015

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Tyson Tomko posted:

USA USA USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxVdU2eVYSg&hd=1

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

thathonkey posted:

I used to think medium was the best way to cook burgs but i am really fond of medium-rare now... Not sure if ill venture into rare territory with this ground beef i usually buy tho hrmm

I buy white-quality ground beef so I make Tartare sometimes and rare burgers.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

LeoMarr posted:

I buy white-quality ground beef...

That's racist.

Beefist?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Decided I wanted a fastfood style burger, but didn't want to leave the house.

I'm bad at photos and have more important things to do (like eat bacon cheese burgers)

BEHOLD MY FRAKNKEN "FAST FOOD" BURGER!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Norns posted:

I'm bad at photos and have more important things to do (like eat bacon cheese burgers)

you have made an exceptional burger friend

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Seeing this burger makes me want to drive around like that guy on the 4 wheeler now. If I wasn't already starving sitting here at work I definitely am now. Fantastic!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

5 guys is so good, dudes. Unf.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Norns posted:

I'd say mission accomplished, looks good. Did you do some homemade mac sauce?

E: also is that a lego green arrow in the background o.O

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

I'd say mission accomplished, looks good. Did you do some homemade mac sauce?

E: also is that a lego green arrow in the background o.O

I live in Idaho, they sell fry sauce in bottles here on the regular. Used that.

Green lantern. My daughter thought he needed to be in the picture. Also featured, crayola washable paints.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i had a fancy seasame crusted rare ahi tuna burger last night but since that really doesn't count i had a DQ cheeseburger for lunch just in case

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

i had a fancy seasame crusted rare ahi tuna burger last night but since that really doesn't count i had a DQ cheeseburger for lunch just in case

nice job.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ive never had a burger from DQ

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i haven't either is it good?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i used to get blizzards with Nerds as a kid and i just looked it up and they discontinued it. i havent been to one in years.

gently caress you DQ i am never coming back now.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

for b grade fast food its like a 7.5/10, not missing much

for burgers in general like a 6/10

You're prostituting yourself out for cheeseburgers again, aren't you?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I think dq burgs are the best fast food burg you can get here

Also, good work numberoneposter

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

a man's gotta eat.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

tasty looking burg with a "balloon" of mozzarella

pizza burg??

burger with shrimp on top

discuss

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

numberoneposter posted:

for b grade fast food its like a 7.5/10, not missing much

for burgers in general like a 6/10

You're prostituting yourself out for cheeseburgers again, aren't you?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

we really need a burg crew clan tag

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I now have a reason to visit Des Moines

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

now that it's all enlarged i'm wondering what that yello strip is above the second patty

strange tomato?
squash?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

a large trout posted:

now that it's all enlarged i'm wondering what that yello strip is above the second patty

strange tomato?
squash?
cheese, dummy

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

ugh ruined by undercooked bacon

let's do a bit better then

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

a large trout posted:

strange tomato?
squash?

http://www.zombieburgerdm.com/menu.pdf

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
a lot of these burgers have way too much mayo on them, and that one burger with the mozzerella looks like it has fuckin ranch on it

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

At first I thought this was too much and it looked gross. Then I saw the tater tots. Use those to dab up some of that extra cheese and bam it's all good again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tyson Tomko posted:

At first I thought this was too much and it looked gross. Then I saw the tater tots. Use those to dab up some of that extra cheese and bam it's all good again.

Tater tots>Onion Rings> French Fries>Steak Fries

• Locked thread