Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

tell me you wouldn't devour that

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I love tater tots. I went to this one chinese buffet which had tater tots the size of burger patties and that was amazing. I only ever went to that place once though, since they closed down soon after.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

once again not really happy with the bacon layout

but yea

still would

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the bacon and tomato are all wrong but it looks like good bacon+tots

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

hrmm probably still would

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

nothing like a condiment to gently caress everything up

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

it seems this is a vege ranch burger

i don't trust it

man that looks like bacon to me

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

a large trout posted:

it seems this is a vege ranch burger

i don't trust it
Looks good, I like a burger with a huge glop of petroleum jelly on bottom with raisin english muffins for buns.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Burged tonight.

George Foreman on 70/30. Consistency was good. Used a new roll type I'd not used before, wasnt quite brioche and wasnt a potato roll. Surprised the gently caress out of me, but they were good.

Cheese was Swiss due to nothing else. Honestly, it worked nicely. I'd say its viable as a burger cheese.

Red onion. Bitched out and ketchup/mustard'd but made a note to get better stuff at the store next time. How's chipolte mayo work on burgers? Is it too much? Had dijon mustard as an alternative, but thats a no-go.

I've got guacamole though in those tiny one-use containers, and am thinking I'll try that with a dab of chipolte mayo instead of ketchup/mustard. Top bun, mayo. Burger itself gets the guac side.

In theory, that sounds like a solid combo. Dunno how it'll go with swiss though :shrug:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dandywalken posted:

Burged tonight.

George Foreman on 70/30. Consistency was good. Used a new roll type I'd not used before, wasnt quite brioche and wasnt a potato roll. Surprised the gently caress out of me, but they were good.

Cheese was Swiss due to nothing else. Honestly, it worked nicely. I'd say its viable as a burger cheese.

Red onion. Bitched out and ketchup/mustard'd but made a note to get better stuff at the store next time. How's chipolte mayo work on burgers? Is it too much?

I've got guacamole, and am thinking I'll try that with a dab of chipolte mayo instead of ketchup/mustard. Top bun, mayo. Burger itself gets the guac side.

In theory, that sounds like a solid combo. Dunno how it'll go with swiss though :shrug:
Hm. I heard that sriracha sauce is the most epic burger topping, try mixing that with a cup of mayo except we call it aioli. Try out that with some blue cheese (you can find it in the dairy aisle, labeled Mixed Berry Cream Cheese)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
If you want to serve Guacamole with a burger, put it on the side and give me some chips to eat it with.

Not an avocado person.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Just ate a turkey feta and spinach burg it was p good

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Swiss can be cool. I love me a good mushroom and swiss burger.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Knyteguy posted:

Just ate a turkey feta and spinach burg it was p good

Looks good, did you double burg it or is the other one for your sweet heart??

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Fetus Tree posted:

well tbf we've basically hammered out our definition of burger to 'ground beef between bread but probably nothing that could be considered too close to meat loaf"

i made these tonight, they're basically a burger http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/moroccan-pita-sandwiches

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

be careful loving with the composition of the burg there be sharks

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

Hm. I heard that sriracha sauce is the most epic burger topping, try mixing that with a cup of mayo except we call it aioli. Try out that with some blue cheese (you can find it in the dairy aisle, labeled Mixed Berry Cream Cheese)

Will call it "The Penance Burg". I'll be absolved of sins with every bite.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Have any SoCal goons posted Burger Lounge in here? It's my favorite burger spot in San Diego. The bun is whatever but everything else is amazing.

Oh yeah, can anyone in SD recommend other spots?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

bad week, short on money, gonna go to mcdonalds because its 10 minutes round trip. a couple sad burgs

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
someone tell me if I want five guys or in n out later on

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I had a burger with horseradish sauce for lunch today.

It was excellent.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

LEGO Genetics posted:

someone tell me if I want five guys or in n out later on

Five guys is pretty meh

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I actually don't like Tater Tots all that much. Like they're good but I'd much rather an onion ring or a french fry.

Curly fries don't get anywhere near as much love as they deserve.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Chinatown posted:

i used to get blizzards with Nerds as a kid and i just looked it up and they discontinued it. i havent been to one in years.

gently caress you DQ i am never coming back now.

those were awesome

the sour with the vanilla was the bestttttt

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

glad to see lots of different burg opinions

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a large trout posted:

glad to see lots of different burg opinions

Your burg photo game is extremely strong.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

NienNunb posted:

I actually don't like Tater Tots all that much. Like they're good but I'd much rather an onion ring or a french fry.

Curly fries don't get anywhere near as much love as they deserve.

I respect the curly fryverse

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I like tots a lot

I guess i can admit here that ive had my share of straight up meals consisting solely of tots

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

being from the terrible south my grandma used to make "tater tot casserole"

ugh

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Id try it once

And again if i liked it

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

it involved a shitload of ground beef and ketchup

:(

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

in a bowl

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hotdish is disgusting midwest food

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
nope

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

All forms of deep fried potato are good, but waffle fries are the best.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Man waffle fries own but i probably havent had them in years

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Waffle Fries supremacy. I do like Red Robin's bottomless concept. More places should have those and cook them well.

Waffle Fries > Fat Tire Onion Rings > Potato Skins > Tater Tots > French Fries = Steak Fries > Curley > Baked Po-tay-toe > Skinny Onion Rings > Shoestring

Tater Tots, Steak Fries, French Fries, Baked Potato loaded with bacon or chili and cheeses is goodness. Especially with the right sour cream based dip.

Concept: Blooming Onion...only a Burg. Bloom a Burg. Batter it. Deep fry it. Do-able?

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Waffle and curly fries own yes. gently caress me onion rings are good, more places need to carry them.

a large trout posted:

being from the terrible south my grandma used to make "tater tot casserole"

ugh

I'm from Illinois and we had this every now and then too. Sure it's awful for you but no gonna lie poo poo was tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Gatts posted:

Concept: Blooming Onion...only a Burg. Bloom a Burg. Batter it. Deep fry it. Do-able?

Somebody needs to engineer this asap :stare:

• Locked thread