Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Mack sucks now

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Holy poo poo

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!
Oh poo poo somebody check the fridges.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh man, what in the world is going on?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mack really didn't think that through.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
That preview has me pretty amped for next week. It's like an island of misfit people weapons going ape-poo poo.

I was juuust starting to get a little bored with the episode until the last 15 minutes.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

muscles like this? posted:

Mack really didn't think that through.

Guys come quick, Skye killed Hunter!

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
I hope Lady Sif continues to show up occasionally when they need some exposition on the bigger picture.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
It's funny how Bobbi and Mack thought they had Hunter totally fooled. They forget that he's a superspy just like them, not some idiot.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
One thing I just thought of: Had they ever openly referred to the Kree by name before this episode?

I'm probably just forgetting it, but they really emphasized that when talking about truncheon guy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Sif mentioned the Kree last time she was on.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Yeah it was just a random namedrop before. Man are they going through plots really fast here! Mack please don't be evil you're so pretty :(

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also I think Rani also bought up the Kree as well.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

drat that was good.

The feels from Skye. May going, "We can control this!" instead of, "Sorry, gonna have to take you out.". Badass Fitz.

Excited that Cal is returning next week, but I hope they bring Ward back soon. Double Crazy!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I hope I wasn't the only person that got faked out at the end and thought that Skye was running away, but it turns out she's just locking herself in jail. :smith:

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

I hope I wasn't the only person that got faked out at the end and thought that Skye was running away, but it turns out she's just locking herself in jail. :smith:

Which seems silly to me since her powers don't seem to respect walls.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

She locked herself in the special room on the bus which they showed had some containment capability before.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

Yeah, I thought she was running away, too. My thoughts were, "Skye! No!", "Coulson needs to be on the other side of that door... 'Going someplace?'", "Fitz! Go after her!", and, "Oh. The Bus. That's... :smith:".

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Also does Bobbi carry her potato mashers around with her all the time or something? She just whipped them out to fight the Kree guy.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

That was a great episode. I'm really loving the faster pacing. I can't wait for next week!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

2 eps without Ward. Not missed at all :colbert:

MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

You're moving who to the bullpen?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

2 eps without Ward. Not missed at all :colbert:

It's only been a week in show-time. I'm sure he's busy recovering from however many times he got shot in the back, and then he'll be back and chewing scenery.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Jaime Alexander :allears:

Sif getting out of the SUV in full armor was hilarious

Also who wiped the Kree's mind, I thought only he could use the neuralyzer

Vvvv thanks, must have been looking away

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 11, 2015

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Bobbi did, at their end of their little scuffle with the old "use their hand to hold it and it still works" trick. :eng101:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mack got Worfed.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I like that Coulson's gun has a name now.

I like that Coulson and May went from hearing two super-aliens talking about Inhumans being the worst things ever, to immediately, no question, going into "gently caress that gently caress you" mode. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't try to contact a/o work with whatever Inhumans they can find that aren't assholes.

Having Pete play the Kree was cool. He managed to be kinda an on-point badass, but also kind of an idiot. He would have fit in with GotG.

Fitz. The best bro. Best. Bro. And it's neat that it's not a Fitz likes Skye "Daisy" Poots thing. At this point, Fitz has a pretty well established history of being a cool guy. Also well established is his mean streak when betrayed by people he cares about. Mack and Bobbi aren't going to see that coming.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

There is virtually no way that Mack and Bobbi aren't working for HIll/Stark.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

NecroMonster posted:

There is virtually no way that Mack and Bobbi aren't working for HIll/Stark.

Possible build up for Civil War?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'd say yes, plus they are the only "people" who would both know about the cube and be able to provide the tech Mack used to scan the room.

Fury would just ask for the cube, Talbot wouldn't have the tech or knowledge, and Hydra wouldn't be playing so nice, and likely wouldn't know about the cube either.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

NecroMonster posted:

I'd say yes, plus they are the only "people" who would both know about the cube and be able to provide the tech Mack used to scan the room.

Fury would just ask for the cube, Talbot wouldn't have the tech or knowledge, and Hydra wouldn't be playing so nice, and likely wouldn't know about the cube either.

I've gotta say that's pretty sound logic. Plus if you recall how directly connected the show was with Captain America: Winter Soldier, of course it's going to be directly related to Captain America: Civil War. So I'd say you're right with a slight chance it's HAMMER instead.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Stark making GBS threads all over Fury for being an amoral spy type and then going and doing it himself would be a perfectly in-character bit of hypocrisy.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This show is incredibly good now. I think I enjoyed every minute of that episode.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, that was crazy good.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

NecroMonster posted:

Plus they already established to not be HYDRA with their conversation midway in the episode.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

OB_Juan posted:

I like that Coulson and May went from hearing two super-aliens talking about Inhumans being the worst things ever, to immediately, no question, going into "gently caress that gently caress you" mode.

Coulson is very emotional retarded like that.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
I'm on board the "Fitz is best bro" train, but Fitz is basically that dumb scientist who doesn't warn anyone about the obvious monster growing in his lab until it breaks loose and starts eating side characters in a horror movie. He's lucky he picked the genre right.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I still reckon that Bobbi and Mack are CIA operatives, like Mack was in his comic character. They're definitely not Talbot because he clearly didn't know that much early on when Mack had already joined, but the way they talk makes them sounds like they're some kind of authority and consider themselves on the side of good.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 11, 2015

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Croatoan posted:

I've gotta say that's pretty sound logic. Plus if you recall how directly connected the show was with Captain America: Winter Soldier, of course it's going to be directly related to Captain America: Civil War. So I'd say you're right with a slight chance it's HAMMER instead.

There will absolutely be a bit of crossover between the show and every film (hell, a large chunk of my Age of Ultron hype comes from what the last few eps of AoS might be like), but I believe Marvel has said that if Winter Soldier was the massive, MCU-shifting event film for Phase 2, Phase 3's Winter Soldier equivalent is actually going to be Thor: Ragnarok. Though I can imagine Civil War being more important to the show than Ragnarok simply by virtue of being set on Earth. Unless Ragnarok has Asgard getting blown up and Sif/The Warriors Three escape and become AoS supporting characters for a whole arc.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Possible build up for Civil War?

You there, in the Chicago school system,.

Partial credit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Rirse posted:

Also I think Rani also bought up the Kree as well.

The Rani was in Agents of SHIELD? How did I miss that?

• Locked thread