Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
I'm going to go ahead and assume that very few people in this thread have been exposed to the concepts behind how the various parts of bra sizes work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Atal Vataman posted:

yeah dont post about boats because its not allowed

*posts about boats*

I heard if you get that one premium battleship with the fast firing gun batteries, you can just double tap R and sail full steam towards the enemy fleet while holding the fire button down.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Uranium 235 posted:

Boat talk is boring as hell. gently caress you all and die.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
gently caress you all and die.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Nordick posted:

I heard if you get that one premium battleship with the fast firing gun batteries, you can just double tap R and sail full steam towards the enemy fleet while holding the fire button down.

Yeah, about that, I wonder what's the trick with the Churchill III. Tips?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Missing Name posted:

Next time on Missing Name's Boatsperg Hour, I'll discuss the differences in battlecruiser doctrine between the Germans and British in the years leading up to WWI, during, and afterwards, up until WWII.

Mainly them because no one else really built battlecruisers in the numbers they did.

gently caress it I'd read it.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Cippalippus posted:

Yeah, about that, I wonder what's the trick with the Churchill III. Tips?

Choosing the correct camo pattern is the key to victory.

Not that there's any point in winning if you don't look good doing so.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

So I got into the WoT Generals beta awhile back but just found out today since all the emails from WG go to my spam folder. It's mildly amusing but this poo poo isn't going to compete with Hearthstone if that's what they're thinking.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I don't think they're really expecting anything but a ROI >1. Easy money, and odds are that the obsessives will stick around for quite a while.

e: World of Tanks: the obsessives will stick around for quite a while.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

World of Tanks: Sunk Cost Fallacy Case Study

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
World of Warships: Now Featuring More Torpedoes

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

World of Warships: Sunk Cost Fallacy

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

World of Warships: B6. You Sunk my Cost Fallacy!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
World of Warships: Your Battleship Has Already Sunk

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Prav posted:

:drat:

Holy poo poo whats this about a Caern/BP child premium tank I just got the best boner.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 10, 2015

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I am having a tough time finding maneuverable lights past certain tiers. I just bought the French AMX 13 75 and it is a slow piece of hot turd. Can anyone recommend some decently quick lights with good view and/or radio past tier 6 which are also super speedy?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

gently caress you all and die.

You first.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

coyo7e posted:

I am having a tough time finding maneuverable lights past certain tiers. I just bought the French AMX 13 75 and it is a slow piece of hot turd. Can anyone recommend some decently quick lights with good view and/or radio past tier 6 which are also super speedy?

MT-25, LTTB, Ru 251 (turns like rear end though). WZ-131 or 132 if you want excellent passability and turning at the cost of raw hp/t.

Also note that the 13 90, Lorraine and BC are all faster than the 13 75, although none of them are super-fast except maybe in a straight line.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I remember when the 1390 used to turn on a dime. :negative:

I will also never be not pissed about pubbies whining loud enough for WG to get rid of Dragon Ridge; one of the most non-linear maps ever. To this day the most nail biting matches I've had were all on Dragon Ridge. Now every map is 3 lanes bullshit and I hate it.

Why did so many people cry about Dragon Ridge anyway?

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 11, 2015

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

World of warships: This game was good when I took a break.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Please tell me if I should even bother using the big gun on the S-51 thread.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

yes, do this. It's not really much less accurate.

Or stop playing arty.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

When you play arty just make it into a drinking game. Every time you miss a fully aimed in shot just take a shot. You wont have to play arty for very long.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

If you don't like the B-4 you're really in the wrong tree.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

gently caress you I hope you die!

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Prav posted:

If you don't like the B-4 you're really in the wrong tree.

I thought I could just unlock it by buying the next arty, but looks like not! Hope I can keep sniping Tiger Ps with it though.

Agrajag posted:

gently caress you I hope you die!

Saucy

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
In 1943, Scania-Vabis (today better known as just Scania - they manufacture trucks and other such things) proposed an upgrade of the license-built Czech TNH (aka. Pz. 38(t)), using these wooden models:

This is the same model today:

Apparently it's been sitting in some storage shed at Scania's plant in Södertälje for the last 70 odd years. I'm amazed it has survived since it never went any further than a proposal.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

TheFluff posted:

In 1943, Scania-Vabis (today better known as just Scania - they manufacture trucks and other such things) proposed an upgrade of the license-built Czech TNH (aka. Pz. 38(t)), using these wooden models:

This is the same model today:

Apparently it's been sitting in some storage shed at Scania's plant in Södertälje for the last 70 odd years. I'm amazed it has survived since it never went any further than a proposal.

So kawaii-desu ne!

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 11, 2015

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Kinda looks like a pz38 with a Chaffee turret so it at least looks nice.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The big gun is where the S-51 really excels. Sure it takes longer to load and is a little less accurate, but the result is devastating when it hits. Get used to it, it's going to be your gun for the next little while.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

BadLlama posted:

:drat:

Holy poo poo whats this about a Caern/BP child premium tank I just got the best boner.

A premium stock Caern sounds about the worst thing ever developed. Unless its tier 7.

The Brit tree is a weird, at this point their heavies are out gunned at almost every tier.

The MT-25's comedy cannon is hilarious if you catch the right target with it. That thing spits out a loving insane amount of damage. If its not one of those, I guess you can annoy the poo poo out of people, but that reload time is a huge bummer.

Does anyone remember the name of the mod that makes the auto-aim snap on area larger?

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 11, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Okay when I get Cliff four times in 9 games, why bother continuing to play? gently caress it.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Servers can't handle a more diverse map rotation. lel WG.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

I hate Cliff because the games are never competitive. One team has more worthless shitbirds camping the west corner, that do fuckall while their team either wins or loses center/east and then they either do no damage or are surrounded and get some pity damage at the end.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Someone please decipher this for me. I swear he is trying to tell something to me in code.

quote:

Go play arty these days in WoT, mid tiers, before the real bullshit splash machines start (i.e. tier 5-7, though low tiers are even worse). It's next to worthless due to the sheer RNG and the lack of splash. The whiners nerf it to get MORE RNG and LESS skill. FFS if it was a laser with 5 second flight time, that's punishing campers or just leading you perfectly with mad skillz, but then the alpha would need to be drastically cut because unicums need to be able to permanently hug their corners or can't stand you out-skilling them by leading them perfectly at 700 meters. Instead they constantly make it less accurate, and then complain about how it's no-skill RNGesus... they made it that way with whining. I swear the unicums are less rational than Repugnicans... #47Traitors (contacting a foreign government to tell them that your government will not hold to its agreements = treasonous by common sense)

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 11, 2015

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Agrajag posted:

Someone please decipher this for me. I swear he is trying to tell something to me in code.

Its note arty that gets all the hate, its the splash radius and damage of it that is the problem.

Is I think what he is trying to say

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Agrajag posted:

Think of the poor interns that have to load more maps into the server each morning. Those things are heavy, you know!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

Think of the poor interns that have to load more maps into the server each morning. Those things are heavy, you know!

Well nowadays Wargaming can just retrain some excess Radiomen to be skilled Loaders.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
My CDC is the bad game magnet, I've had maybe 5 games in it that haven't been complete blowouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

demonR6 posted:

World of Warships: Your Battleship Has Already Sunk

Quit playing battleships you nerd. Join the DDark side.