Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Motormaster, Blackjack, Huffer and more KREO combiners showed up today. This has been a pretty good month for TFs so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
OK, my project to read all of the IDW-verse comics continues, and I am learning a short, sharp lesson about the world of pain I've let myself in for. Of all the dirty jobs I could have set for myself, why did I pick this one? Eh, well, never did want to live forever. But I cannot, WILL NOT, let myself be beaten. This seemingly insurmountable task CAN be hurt, and I am going to well and truly fight, fight and DIE if need be, to get through all of these comics, even as the backlog looms over me like a great predatory bird, I will rise up! It is time to make a stand and let these books REAP THE WHIRLWIND.

(Yeah, there's a LOT of Furman in these early issues.)

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Keldroc posted:

Well, the guy who designed the CW figure says it was so he could bend his knees, is what I mean. I prefer the G1 version with the plane parts on the back and the CW version with the plane parts on the front. But I also liked the McDLT. Cool side cool, hot side hot. Which side is the hot side? You make the call.

The planes top side, the burger half of the clam, and the inside of a dog.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

TheDK posted:

What does the thread deem the likelihood of an official MP Rodimus update? I am not immediately turned away from this figure. In fact, I am quite interested based on these images alone. The back kibble does not sway me against the figure.
I wouldn't expect a Rodimus update anytime soon, if ever, considering they still haven't even gotten around to an updated Megatron, or a Galvatron. A re-release and maybe tweaking of the first figure could happen in the near-future for the 30th anniversary of the '86 movie, but if you're tempted by that third-party one just go for it. You've got the touch, you've got the credit.

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.

Gaz-L posted:

OK, my project to read all of the IDW-verse comics continues, and I am learning a short, sharp lesson about the world of pain I've let myself in for. Of all the dirty jobs I could have set for myself, why did I pick this one? Eh, well, never did want to live forever. But I cannot, WILL NOT, let myself be beaten. This seemingly insurmountable task CAN be hurt, and I am going to well and truly fight, fight and DIE if need be, to get through all of these comics, even as the backlog looms over me like a great predatory bird, I will rise up! It is time to make a stand and let these books REAP THE WHIRLWIND.

(Yeah, there's a LOT of Furman in these early issues.)

Make fun of Furman all you want now, but you're going to be missing him a lot once you hit All Hail Megatron.

(For the record I don't think All Hail Megatron is all that terrible, just uninspired and painfully slow-paced. The ongoing is way, way worse most of the time. Heart of Darkness is the absolute nadir of the IDWverse both story- and especially art-wise. Seriously, the only thing that got me through the Costa era was the knowledge that MTMTE was there as the light at the end of the tunnel.)

Speaking of the comics I just read Robots in DIsguise #10 for the first time and what the gently caress was that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly? Volume one (trade) of the ongoing is why I wanted to do this thing. I really liked it? (I'm not even sure the Furman stuff is 'bad', just there's a lot of his stock beats and phrases... and Stormbringer was, like, all plot, to the point where I don't know anything about the 'bots that died in it.)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 11, 2015

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If anyone can get Kre-o Menasor for Strange, please do so, I am having a hell of a time getting to Big Lots due to a number of factors.

Reading RiD via the humble bundle, man it feels like a chore to get though, as I dislike almost everyone in it, they all are just drat assholes or idiots. And if I do like them, their comic has a lovely gimmick to it that makes it annoying to read. Just such a freaking 180 from reading MTMTE.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RID was meant to be more or less the "conventional" Transformers story over the course of the first overarching plot leading up to the ascension. It mellows out a great deal after that.

And if you don't like Wheeljack in a party hat, you're a bad person.

I actually like basically every non-Heart of Darkness, non-~acy story now though, since the later books make use of their good ideas. I feel like IDW has ended up doing their canon "right".

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 11, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

If anyone can get Kre-o Menasor for Strange, please do so, I am having a hell of a time getting to Big Lots due to a number of factors.

Reading RiD via the humble bundle, man it feels like a chore to get though, as I dislike almost everyone in it, they all are just drat assholes or idiots. And if I do like them, their comic has a lovely gimmick to it that makes it annoying to read. Just such a freaking 180 from reading MTMTE.

There's a BL right between me and work, I will swing in and check tomorrow.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

There's a BL right between me and work, I will swing in and check tomorrow.

Thanks this Menasor is missing something

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I really hate the knuckleguns on the hand-feet. Makes it look like they're always doing some goofy su-fi pose or something

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

:golfclap:

What are you like?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

DoctorWhat posted:

The only Hot Rod I want is a MTMTE voyager. That or Cloud Rodimus but that thing's crazy expensive.

This, so hard. Iron Man's face in his chest or GTFO.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Spiderdrake posted:

RID was meant to be more or less the "conventional" Transformers story over the course of the first overarching plot leading up to the ascension. It mellows out a great deal after that.

And if you don't like Wheeljack in a party hat, you're a bad person.

I actually like basically every non-Heart of Darkness, non-~acy story now though, since the later books make use of their good ideas. I feel like IDW has ended up doing their canon "right".

I like Wheeljack, I don't like that they did his first story as a weird panel layout thing. I'm going to power through it, but I'm on V3 right now, and this optimus time travel thing is killing me.

Thanks Rhyno, my job just had a buyout, and I got switched shifts, then got a hard rear end flu for like two weeks.

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.

Anora posted:

I'm going to power through it, but I'm on V3 right now, and this optimus time travel thing is killing me.

Haha yup, that's the one I was referring to yesterday. The wiki for that issue has a handy section called "What the gently caress?" that helps explain it a bit and lays out events in chronological order. It's still a complete clusterfuck of storytelling though, and the Ramondelli art does it no favors (seriously how the gently caress does this guy keep getting work?).

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Apparently because he's very nice to deal with and works super fast, which are two of the three characteristics publishers like IDW appreciate (the third obviously being art quality). They require you to have at least two of them (and well, at least draw above the "stick figures" level).

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm not a fan of his linework, but I like his coloring.

Spoilered for people reading through the humbundle:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Got around to opening legends cosmos. I love him and OH MY GOD THE GREEN PLASTIC IS SPARKLY! :neckbeard:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
The art isn't bad, it's just the story is bleh. I wish Roberts would just split into two and write both. (And holy crap I decided to finish the chapter just now, I was two pages from the end.)

Also: gently caress Bumblebee (and his fat chit), gently caress Metalhawk, gently caress Starscream, gently caress Prowl, gently caress Arcee (seriously, stop this psycho bitch version), and gently caress Tappet.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Metalhawk's in it?!

It won't be the version that wore a sweet suit in the cartoons, though, will it? :(

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
RID was a slog, the art was confusing, the story is still confusing, the characterizations are... odd? I was kind of hoping for a dinobot-ironhide combiner, but I will settle for just having caught up and not having to read it again.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Managed to buy the humble bundle with 8 minutes to spare!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Anora posted:

Also: gently caress Bumblebee (and his fat chit), gently caress Metalhawk, gently caress Starscream, gently caress Prowl, gently caress Arcee (seriously, stop this psycho bitch version), and gently caress Tappet.

How dare you, Prowl is objectively The Best Transformer.:dogout:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Did we see these already?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's a fun idea but difficult to prove in a world where Sky Lynx still has a massively overinflated ego but also eats energon from a bowl like a dog

Wait, Prowl set that up for him

You're right, Prowl Best Transformer

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Blackheart posted:

I don't know why, but his skinniness looks perfectly fine and not odd at all when you see him in color. Maybe it's some kind of optical illusion or something.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

I don't know why, but his skinniness looks perfectly fine and not odd at all when you see him in color. Maybe it's some kind of optical illusion or something.

He's just that fabulous!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Tracks wakes up in the morning, and he asks himself: I look great now, but how can I look even better for Tracks? Because Tracks is worth it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Turn it around Takara, so I can see your horrible G1 smear on the hood and stop being excited to buy it.

Anora posted:

Yeah seriously you're on like issue 13 or something, it gets a lot better. Much like MTMTE, RID is building toward a big payoff.

And don't worry, half those people do in fact get hosed.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Phy posted:

You're right, Prowl Best Transformer

Man, you guys are fluent in being wrong. That's impressive, did you take a correspondence course or something.

Volume 4, is much easier to get through. 5 is alright too.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Anora posted:

Man, you guys are fluent in being wrong. That's impressive, did you take a correspondence course or something.

Dude, Prowl is obviously the best. Okay let's try something different: who do you think is the best Transformer. We all know it's Prowl, sure. But let's pretend for a minute Prowl isn't a Transformer and is instead just a Loose Cannon Cop on the Edge who Plays by His Own Rules. Who do you think is the best one? You can't pick Prowl in this case, remember.

Blackheart posted:

He looks a lot better in color. It also looks like he's transformed differently from the original black and white photo. His back looks more tightly packed.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think it's because they've angled his wings properly and it's no longer forming a perfect X with his legs, which sort of elongates him visually

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Third party question! Hey so it's pretty obvious that Trashtalk and the Fansproject Motor Squad are the same engineer, same factory, same everything except I guess financial backer or president or whatever. With that in mind, does anyone own those two + Quantron? Do Quantron's dudes have the same size hand holes as well? Downforce's piddly gun doesn't quite suit him, but Trashtalk's shroomer looks good in his hands.

Man I wish I could buy more cups for Trashtalk's drink set.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I'm honestly pretty surprised they're making Tracks and not a more popular character, but this is fine because Tracks owns and is totally fabulous. These new photos make him look pretty great, but that's honestly what you expect at this point with these Masterpiece cars. They just need to make Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet, Hound and Moist and they'd have made all the 84/85 cars of value.

Yeah, that's right. You heard me, Sunstreaker. I don't need you. I already have a couple Lamborghinis. Deal with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tracks isn't popular?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Remember when Megatron and Ratchet got pulled out of spacetime and were fused into a horrible shambling monster in agonizing pain? You just did it to Mirage and Hoist.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Dude, Prowl is obviously the best. Okay let's try something different: who do you think is the best Transformer. We all know it's Prowl, sure. But let's pretend for a minute Prowl isn't a Transformer and is instead just a Loose Cannon Cop on the Edge who Plays by His Own Rules. Who do you think is the best one? You can't pick Prowl in this case, remember.

Ravage.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, that's right. You heard me, Sunstreaker. I don't need you. I already have a couple Lamborghinis. Deal with it.

Well if you can't wait for an official one there's this third party dude I guess:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Phy posted:

Remember when Megatron and Ratchet got pulled out of spacetime and were fused into a horrible shambling monster in agonizing pain? You just did it to Mirage and Hoist.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v15538644c9zREjRy?h1=G1+Transformers+-+%22Hoist+Goes+To+Hollywood%22

You're gonna be a movie star in the motion picture business, Moist!

Oh yeah, they also need to do MPs of Powerglide, Cliffjumper and Brawn. Then they are allowed to be done.

But they can honestly make whoever the gently caress they want because I'm still gonna want to buy it anyway. I think the only MP mold I'm gonna pass on is Star Saber. And if I could afford it, I'd get him, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Gammatron 64 posted:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v15538644c9zREjRy?h1=G1+Transformers+-+%22Hoist+Goes+To+Hollywood%22

You're gonna be a movie star in the motion picture business, Moist!

Oh yeah, they also need to do MPs of Powerglide, Cliffjumper and Brawn. Then they are allowed to be done.

But they can honestly make whoever the gently caress they want because I'm still gonna want to buy it anyway. I think the only MP mold I'm gonna pass on is Star Saber. And if I could afford it, I'd get him, too.

Oppositely the only MP I'm bothering to get is Star Saber as I'm a sucker for every gimmick he has. Didn't have the budget when some of the MPs were out and was never too hot on any of the cars. I might grab some of the knockoffs eventually though.

Well, I do have an MP Walscream, but eh, looks decent but I can't really mess with him much cause of that thin model kit plastic. Probably sell him when I do an SA-Mart thread and/or eBay.