Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I picked up a highschool memory yesterday.

Man, high school. That was when I bought my first load of vinyl.

I was a total prog/classic rock nerd, so I walked away from a yard sale with, like, Close to the Edge, Trilogy, Their Satanic Majesties Request, the 2-LP best of CCR and a Hendrix compilation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Allen Wren posted:

Man, high school. That was when I bought my first load of vinyl.

I was a total prog/classic rock nerd, so I walked away from a yard sale with, like, Close to the Edge, Trilogy, Their Satanic Majesties Request, the 2-LP best of CCR and a Hendrix compilation.
The first LPs I can remember buying are like Hemispheres (with the sweet poster), A Farewell to Kings and Billion Dollar Babies.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

BigFactory posted:

The first LPs I can remember buying are like Hemispheres (with the sweet poster), A Farewell to Kings and Billion Dollar Babies.

Speaking of... grabbed this recent re-pressing:

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Davincie posted:

has anyone ever ordered records from cdjpan? good experiences, bad experiences?

Overall they are pretty OK but if your buying a lot of stuff split your puchases so you do not get overweight issues (charges) and sometimes stuff has come in with some minor damage to sleeves but nothing I would not expect since its international shipping.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Speaking of... grabbed this recent re-pressing:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I need to save all those pictures of vinyl in the litter box and so on, those are great.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Chromatics just dropped some seriously loving amazing stuff on their site.

http://italiansdoitbetter.bigcartel.com/

Be fast.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
wow, I already owned un-signed copies of everything that's left but there's some crazy poo poo on there.

any Todd Rundgren fans in here? I've had the 2011 reissue of Something/Anything? since it came out but haven't had the occasion to throw it on. now that I work at home, however, I'm finally hacking away at my backlog and decided to throw it on only to discover that it sounds GLORIOUS. I don't have a copy of the MSFL which allegedly sounds even better since copies go for like $150, but this pressing is an absolute revelation. my favorite album of his will always be A Wizard/A True Star but this pressing just closed the gap between that album and S/A? considerably.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
Super Furry Animals are reissuing Mwng. Of course, it's a deluxe, expanded version.

http://www.dominorecordco.us/usa/albums/26-02-15/mwng

quote:

Originally released in 2000 on the band’s own Placid Casual label (between deals with Creation and Sony), the Super Furries career-defining fourth album Mwng was the band’s only Welsh language long player. It reached Number 11 in the UK album charts and was their highest selling record globally up to that point. It remains the biggest selling Welsh language album of all time. On its original release, the record was praised in an Early Day Motion in the House of Commons for its significant part in promoting the language and culture of Wales. You can listen to ‘Ymaelodi Â'r Ymylon’ from the album: http://smarturl.it/YmaelodiSC

The reissue comes in several formats. Deluxe editions (vinyl, CD and download) contain five tracks previously released on the US version of Mwng under the name Mwng Bach as well as a previously unreleased Peel session and a full live show recorded at ATP.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
The latest haul.

Nocturnal Poisoning - Doomgrass. A little dark bluegrass for your earholes.

The sleeve.

Labels, which don't actually tell you which side is which. Guess it sorta doesn't matter. But I did happen to guess which was side A in terms of track listing.

Went and saw Elder last night. They were great. Picked this up after the show ended.

Elder - Spires Burn/Release.

The insert.

They were nice enough to sign it for me.

And the disc is a nice reddish red color.

Right before Elder played, Mos Generator went on. I had never heard them before, and I was really impressed, so I picked these two up.

Mos Generator - The Late Great Planet Earth.

The sleeve.

The labels.

Apparently, this reissue comes in random vinyl colors. Not sure what the other options are, but I'm pretty pleased with the one I got.

Mos Generator - Electric Mountain Majesty.

Insert. There's a little bit of background on each track rather than the usual lyrics.

Again, cool dudes signed it for me.

Labels. I also just realized I got tricked by the labeling. I assumed the side with the track list would be side A so I played it first.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Well I filled three crates, I think it's time to invest in a KALLAX shelving system.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
Th

b0red posted:

Well I filled three crates, I think it's time to invest in a KALLAX shelving system.

They have a nicer looking all wood system now, as well.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

ShotgunWillie posted:

What's the name of it?

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

ShotgunWillie posted:

Th

hook me up with the link

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

It's the NORNÄS collection.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=nornas

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Those do look nice.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Gonna be moving to another state in a few months, really bummed the nearest Ikea will be about 3 hours away.

In other news, my bargain basement find of the day. Bought it solely for the sleeve nostalgia, but the record included is kind of nice too!

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -