Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Freudian Slip posted:

To lighten the mood, check out this party

http://www.nolandtax.com.au/

It's a bunch of property investors who are having a cry about the amount they pay in land tax.

loving scabs

:psyduck:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/no-land-tax-campaign-caught-out-using-fake-images-from-shutterstock-20150128-12ze1i.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Oh the poor oppressed folk of Mosman & Balmain Sydney.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

hooman posted:

I've bolded the parts where you're either wrong or your logic is faulty. Can you figure out what my issue with each of these bolded sections is? Try to put yourself in a viewpoint outside your own, if you're willing to humor me, otherwise I'll outline each in a later post.

Also they've said they "Stopped the boats", that is different to "stopping the boats". When they say they've "Stopped the boats" they're categorically wrong. Hell they could say they've "Reduced deaths at sea", "Reduced attempted boat arrivals" and these things could be true, but that's not what they say, and what they say isn't true.
Yeah, as I'm sure you already have a nice response so just go for it. However...

- Sarah Honson-Young isn't crying crocodile tears for drowned babies while blubbering that "Tragedies shouldn't happen, accidents shouldn't happen" (when a conservative Government is in power).
- ABC reporters are no longer pawing the hulls of looted orange lifeboats on Indonesian beaches.
- Asylum seekers are not being shipped into detention by the truckload.

The boats have stopped.

hooman posted:

EDIT: Also your puppetmaster schtick is pretty stale. Congrats, you get rises from people by being a torture denier/apologist, that's not really much of an achievement.
Yeah, that would be me just be me letting people know in advance that y'know that "push button" issue this forum seems to have that sends you all into spastic frenzy? I was just about to post about it. So if you didn't want to read about it just skip a few posts. Anything else is sadly in your head.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
A few things to say before I put up the new first dog that I know you all so love. Those who simply cannot contain themselves can skip to the end.

Firstly: Given the stated rationale of stopping the boats is to prevent deaths at sea, boats can only be considered stopped when they stop actually departing for Australia. The very fact that we are buying newer, cheaper returnboats puts lie to both claims. On the other hand, if it is just a racist dogwhistle then sending people back or taking them to your pet hell on earth is a perfectly acceptable win condition. However, that is not what they are claiming it is.

Secondly: I did a stint of 5-6 months working for a "small business owner". I was regularly paid a week or two late, he never documented what I was paid exactly, hours were irregular and with little warning, and the conditions sucked balls. I was sent doing junk mail stuff in the pouring rain, but I needed the money and I hadn't yet been utterly broken by that point so I didn't tell the fucker to go shove the clipboard up his arse.

And now, without further ado, I present your dose of first dog:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So a wrap up of today's proceedings in the Hockey comedy show trial:

* Sean Nicholls survived repeated attempts by Hockey's barrister McClintock to appear bad and mean. McClintock tried to pin the "friends of Joe" headline on him which is a waste of time. It wasn't a stellar cross-examination: McClintock making claims of "crucifixion of my client" and similar, Nicholls just saying "no". Said more about Hockey's case than Nicholls. McClintock then went about trying to attack Goodsir through Nicholls but it seems inconclusive.

* McClintock tried to get some leverage on the North Shore Forum from Nicholls, but again, only managed to shine light on the issues raised in the article, not the motives for publishing it. Eg, when MClintock attacked the "privileged access", Nicholls pointed out they paid thousands of dollars, what were they expecting otherwise? Whoops.

Michaela Whitbourn, twitter posted:

"Why is it a privilege to pay [for access to Hockey] if it's available for free to other people?" McClintock asks #HockeyFairfax

Good question! Why would anyone do that?

* McClintock claims the article had to be alleging corruption, Nicholls said it did nothing of the sort. This case is very flimsy unless McClintock can prove a such a motive or just spitefulness.

* Mark Kenny then took the stand. McClintock's aim here seems to have been to get Kenny to accept some sort of corruption allegation, which Kenny refused to do. Then tried to get Kenny to say there was nothing special about North Shore Forum, which Kenny also refused to do. Then tried to suggest the article was a response by Fairfax to being frozen out by govt (ie malice). This is just flimsy stuff.

* McClintock then made some kind of parallel between North Shore Forum and National Press Club which the judge actually requires more information about in case he needs to make a judgement. If McClintock intends to make some killer summing up involving NPC, that's going to be super weird.

That was it for today. McClintock's purpose doesn't seem clear unless it was to influence the judge. Summing up is apparently due Monday with more evidence this week. Goodsir starts tomorrow.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

EightDeer posted:

Honestly, it is pretty impressive that he still gets people trying to genuinely debate him, even though he's stated outright he's just here to stir up poo poo.
I've never stated that.

I've probably posted with some amusement that what I can post sends people batshit crazy for some reason but it's not something I've set out to do.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Stop posting at graic you loving goons

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ewe2 posted:

[Joe Hockey's personal courtroom clown show]

So what would the verdict mean for Hockey if it's in Fairfax's favour? Just having to pay the court fees or something stronger?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Australian research still producing great work, but for how long?

quote:

Homeopathy not effective for treating any condition, Australian report finds

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

So what would the verdict mean for Hockey if it's in Fairfax's favour? Just having to pay the court fees or something stronger?

Most likely paying costs, but I think if it goes badly they'll try to settle out of court.

Also I forgot this gem:

@MWhitbourn posted:

McClintock makes a point of asking Kenny if he is aware an SMH journalist has been tweeting Nicholls' cross examination #HockeyFairfax

How lame is that.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

SynthOrange posted:

Returning people fleeing from persecution to the very people and places persecuting them counts as 'safely returned'?

Wait, getting murdered in australian run detention centers, or dying from easily treatable infections is 'safely returned'? Being kept in inhumane conditions that breed disease, mental and physical is keeping people safe from harm?

Please answer these.
More context please.

With respect to you I must get asked fifteen times a day to ANSWER ME THIS YOU RACIST gently caress and any slight misinterpretation of an answer I provide causes us no end of grief and shitloads of wasted time. I'm currently a racist, a nazi, a torture apologist and probably worse I haven't read. I'm not sure if I even want to help address that at this point or just roll with it as this place is passing the time in boring meetings very nicely regardless.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Tim Wilson crawled out of the darkness he had been hiding in to avoid commenting on how the HRC was being slandered by George Brandis to issue this edict

quote:

Australian Marriage Forum ad might be distasteful but it should have been screened

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/australian-marriage-forum-ad-might-be-distasteful-but-it-should-have-been-screened-20150311-140q3w.html

YAY FREEDOM COMMISSIONER, now back to your hole if anyone asks you about Brandis again.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ewe2 posted:

How lame is that.

Since the hacking trials in the UK tweeting live from the court seems to be all the rage. Is it allowed because the records of that court case would become public in due time anyway?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Graic Gabtar posted:

Yeah, as I'm sure you already have a nice response so just go for it. However...

- Sarah Honson-Young isn't crying crocodile tears for drowned babies while blubbering that "Tragedies shouldn't happen, accidents shouldn't happen" (when a conservative Government is in power).
- ABC reporters are no longer pawing the hulls of looted orange lifeboats on Indonesian beaches.
- Asylum seekers are not being shipped into detention by the truckload.

The boats have stopped.
Yeah, that would be me just be me letting people know in advance that y'know that "push button" issue this forum seems to have that sends you all into spastic frenzy? I was just about to post about it. So if you didn't want to read about it just skip a few posts. Anything else is sadly in your head.

Ah, your Ice Burns are so insightful, my response comes pre-crafted and I'm not actually trying to engage with you, because I'm so filled with bile and indoctrinated into a leftist hivemind. I crave an echo chamber and in no way want to discuss what you say as I actively trying to run you out of the thread, just like all of us here! Such a cunning argument you weave!

If you want to preface a post with "If you're going to get really angry about me posting about asylum seekers, please don't read this" then post that, don't post posturing bullshit about how you hover over the button of controlling others. Playing the "don't project onto me" card is a bit of joke.

Also, reread your post, look at how loaded all your language is, "pawing the hulls" "by the truckload" "crying crocodile tears", none of this is a constructive engagement in a debate. You can make all these points without including the loaded language and frankly it undermines your point, it reads as you applying personal judgement to the people involved in a situation rather than performing an analysis. It jars especially when you get so huffy when anyone dares use loaded language against you. Anyway, enough of the posting critique.

As tink said, if the boats have stopped why is the Aus government buying more return boats then? Hint: because they haven't. So the issues I take with the bolded terms.

Full Retard: Don't do this, it's offensive, say "ape poo poo", or "hog wild", "poo poo yourselves in a frenzy of outrage" or "huff your own farts so hard your butt goes up your nose and comes back out your now nosebutt". Use analogies that don't belittle sections of our population please.

literally piracy: No, it's a bad thing because it's literally an invasion of Indonesian sovereign territory. Piracy is what we do once it's outside Indonesian territory.

you are going to get someone put to sea: No, you aren't. If refugees have conditions that are humane you won't. How many people flee Australia to Indonesia by boat?

very early: Federal police will literally sit on information for hours to "protect their sources" about sinking boats which kills people. Also interceptions outside Indonesian waters is closer to their target which is Christmas Island than they are to Indonesia. So turning around or sending them back is actually making the trip longer!

safe ship: Reports of refugees with burned hands, being kept aboard for long periods without assessments or, worse, towed back which puts already dangerous vessels under stresses which put people in worse danger.

safely returned: I think you mean stranded at a random point along the coastline and having to trek back to civilisation. An asylum seeker literally drowned trying to cross a river to make this trek.

based on the number of rescue boats used compared to boat arrivals: This is actually baseless since they release no statistics on turnbacks, they don't produce any evidence that this is happening. It is a non verifiable claim, you can make educated guesses, but a) they haven't stopped and b) we have no idea if they have reduced, how much they've reduced by.

will be safer again: The treatment asylum seekers and refugees receive in Indonesia is reprehensible and awful, they have no rights and live on the very edges of society in awful conditions. Stopping boats (that were started by refusing visas to anyone from a war zone so the only way they could get to Australia to claim asylum was by boat, and then made more dangerous by a policy of harsh punishments to people smugglers and the destruction of vessels) puts refugees in more harms way, and costs more than community processing and not being scared of foreigners.

Please try to put in a bit more effort next time.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

hooman posted:

And you seem to be putting far too much effort into it.

Boats have stopped mate.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I don't see what the problem is with SBS decision to not air the ad during the show. They owe a commercial responsibility to the other advertisers - airing a commercial purely intended to piss off the target audience (because no one against same sex rights is going to be watching the Mardi Gras) would be a poor commercial decision and thus the will of the free market was spoken.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Graic Gabtar posted:

Boats have stopped mate.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Graic Gabtar posted:

Boats have stopped mate.

CITATION NEEDED.

Not speculation, not vague "Well they aren't showing beached boats on the ABC so...", not your personal opinion.

Show figures.

If no-one was trying to come you can drat well bet the Government would be trumpeting that fact, instead they simply say they "stopped the boats" but curiously refuse to answer any questions about how many they have intercepted.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Graic Gabtar posted:

Boats have stopped mate.

It doesn't matter how carefully constructed the argument, pulling the string on Graic's back only has the same inane response. Why bother trying considering he's arguing in bad faith?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Since the hacking trials in the UK tweeting live from the court seems to be all the rage. Is it allowed because the records of that court case would become public in due time anyway?

It's a public trial so it depends on the direction of the judge AFAIK, IANAL. McClintock's comment is a non-sequitor really, how is it germane that an SMH journalist (two of them, actually, whose job it is to actually do this) tweets the cross-examination? That genie is out of the bottle, get over it. It makes your case look weaker if you're complaining about being observed.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Stop replying to Craig you stupid shitlords he can't even spell his own name backwards.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Graic Gabtar posted:

More context please.

Are you saying NONE of the above rings a bell? I'll clarify:

Returning people fleeing from persecution to the very people and places persecuting them counts as 'safely returned'?
This is reported in numerous cases of refugees being returned. Afghanistand and Sri Lanka most notably. Allegations are dismissed by our government without investigation.

By William Maley, Australian National University

It has been a bad time lately for Afghan Hazaras with Australian connections. In late September, the shocking news came through that the Taliban had tortured and murdered an Australian of Afghan background, Sayed Habib Musawi. The Taliban had stopped the bus on which he was travelling in rural Afghanistan and pulled him from it.

In an interview with the ABC, the deputy governor of Ghazni province where the killing took place, Mohammad Ali Ahmadi, flatly stated:

Of course the reason is that he was an Afghan-Australian … He came from a country that the Taliban thinks is an infidel country.

http://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news/australias-folly-returns-afghan-hazaras-to-torture-and-death

EMMA ALBERICI, PRESENTER: Lateline has obtained exclusive footage which Afghan police say shows the interrogation of a Hazara man who was forcibly deported from Australia and allegedly held hostage by the Taliban on his return.

The Immigration Minister has launched an investigation into claims made by Zainullah Naseri that he was tortured by Taliban militants.

But the Australian Government is reportedly considering deporting several more Hazara in coming weeks, including one tomorrow..

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2014/s4115861.htm

Sri Lanka's police have arrested 37 nationals turned back by Australian authorities on the high seas after attempting to seek asylum, in the first such case in four months, an officer says.
http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2014/11/28/returned-sri-lankan-refugees-arrested.html

Asylum seekers say they were raped and tortured after Australia sent them back to Sri Lanka
http://www.smh.com.au/national/asyl...930-10oct9.html

Wait, getting murdered in australian run detention centers, or dying from easily treatable infections is 'safely returned'?

Reza Berati was a 23 year-old Iranian asylum seeker[1][2] who was killed on Manus Island during rioting at the Manus Island Regional Processing Centre (MIRPC). Berati had arrived in Australia on 24 July 2013 – just five days after the PNG solution was announced – and was sent to Manus Island in August. He was killed on 17 February 2014.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reza_Berati

An Iranian man seeking asylum in Australia has been declared brain dead after an infected cut led to septicaemia, a refugee activist says.

Hamid Khazaei, 24, had been in a detention centre on Manus Island in Papua New Guinea.

The Iranian was transferred to the mainland for treatment last week but had a heart attack, the activist said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29041853
(His treatment was delayed by a week because immigration authorities would not authorize the transfer. By the time it was granted it was too late.)

Being kept in inhumane conditions that breed disease, mental and physical is keeping people safe from harm?
https://www.humanrights.gov.au/our-work/asylum-seekers-and-refugees/national-inquiry-children-immigration-detention-2014
On 3 February 2014 the President of the Commission, Professor Gillian Triggs, launched an inquiry into children in closed immigration detention. The purpose of this inquiry is to investigate the ways in which life in immigration detention affects the health, well-being and development of children. The inquiry will assess the impact on children by seeking the views of people who were previously detained as children in closed immigration detention and by assessing the current circumstances and responses of children to immigration detention.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Stop posting at graic you loving goons

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Senor Tron posted:

CITATION NEEDED.

Not speculation, not vague "Well they aren't showing beached boats on the ABC so...", not your personal opinion.

Show figures.

If no-one was trying to come you can drat well bet the Government would be trumpeting that fact, instead they simply say they "stopped the boats" but curiously refuse to answer any questions about how many they have intercepted.

Hi there.

Be it:

- Turned back at sea
- Stopped by Indonesia
- Discouraged by others attempts
- Whatever else

The boats have stopped.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

SynthOrange posted:

Are you saying NONE of the above rings a bell? I'll clarify:
Seriously, that's not a clarification and they aren't questions.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I, Butthole posted:

Stop replying to Craig you stupid shitlords he can't even spell his own name backwards.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
joke's on auspol i'm only pretending to be a fuckwit

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

You've made far shittier posts than us effort posting to debunk dumb poo poo. Feel free to put me on ignore, or skim past any of my posts in which I quote him.

I can even include a warning at the top of them for you, just like this one.

DO NOT READ THE BELOW JONAH GALTBERG, I WILL BE MAKING A POST YOU DON'T LIKE.

Graic Gabtar posted:

Hi there.

Be it:

- Turned back at sea
- Stopped by Indonesia
- Discouraged by others attempts
- Whatever else

The boats have stopped.

Turned back at sea means boats are still coming. DIBP buying more boats in which to send asylum seekers back to Indonesia means boats are still coming. Hell you even said before "you are going to get someone put to sea" and indicated human nature. You are directly contradicting yourself.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
The only thing better than posting is posting about posting, and that is why Jonah Galtberg is the most wonderful poster of all.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I really don't mind people arguing with him because basically any talking point he wants to argue about is pretty much some dumb poo poo my dad is gonna come up with at the weekly family dinner and because my dad is a pretty cool dude that is actually capable of empathy and genuinely believes in the idea of a fair go I actually wind up coming to a common ground with him over a lot of this stuff eventually so pretty much any post that responds to Griac with anything more substantial than "kill yrself" has something worthwhile to it imo

drowned in pussy juice fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Mar 11, 2015

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

hooman posted:

You've made far shittier posts than us effort posting to debunk dumb poo poo. Feel free to put me on ignore, or skim past any of my posts in which I quote him.

I can even include a warning at the top of them for you, just like this one.

DO NOT READ THE BELOW JONAH GALTBERG, I WILL BE MAKING A POST YOU DON'T LIKE.

Turned back at sea means boats are still coming. DIBP buying more boats in which to send asylum seekers back to Indonesia means boats are still coming. Hell you even said before "you are going to get someone put to sea" and indicated human nature. You are directly contradicting yourself.

LOL - you're in so much of a lather now you are barely comprehensible.

Unless Australia wants to invade Indonesia and close its ports at some point people are going to still take a chance and set sail.

And when they do it would appear the boat will be stopped, and the passengers and crew sent back to Indonesia.

Boat stopped.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I really don't mind people arguing with him because basically any talking point he wants to argue about is pretty much some dumb poo poo my dad is gonna come up with at the weekly family dinner and because my dad is a pretty cool dude that is actually capable of empathy and genuinely believes in the idea of a fair go I actually wind up coming to a common ground with him over a lot of this stuff eventually so pretty much any post that responds to Griac with anything more substantial than "kill yrself" has something worthwhile to it imo

Your father would say with a straight face that asylum seeker advocates encourage self harm?

e:I've never met a person in real life who parrots the lnp's dog whistles but I've met countless who agree with "sink or swim, mate."

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Mar 11, 2015

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I mean I can think of a few people that were genuine trolls that almost certainly in no way believed the stupid poo poo they posted in my time here as a lurker but even if this guy is getting off on us getting worked up and furiously jerking himself off to our outrage, he's doing such a pitch-perfect impression of middle Australia that its definitely worth our time engaging him, at least until he just ignores us and repeats his lovely arguments for a second time.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I mean I can think of a few people that were genuine trolls that almost certainly in no way believed the stupid poo poo they posted in my time here as a lurker but even if this guy is getting off on us getting worked up and furiously jerking himself off to our outrage, he's doing such a pitch-perfect impression of middle Australia that its definitely worth our time engaging him, at least until he just ignores us and repeats his lovely arguments for a second time.

this is literally what is happening now

like i guess he's owning us with semantics so we're foisted

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You just asked me to give context to my question and now youve forgotten it even existed. its right there.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

katlington posted:

Your father would say with a straight face that asylum seeker advocates encourage self harm?

e:I've never met a person in real life who parrots the lnp's dog whistles but I've met countless who agree with "sink or swim, mate."

Seagull posted:

this is literally what is happening now

like i guess he's owning us with semantics so we're foisted

Yeah alright fair point guys but hoomans posts responding to him are still really good so I don't give a gently caress if you think he's encouraging a troll or whatever

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

SynthOrange posted:

You just asked me to give context to my question and now youve forgotten it even existed. its right there.

OK,

You asked a couple of broad questions open to interpretation then fired a shitload of links at me.

How about I reacquaint myself with the articles and respond?

Question though. Do you want my honest appraisal, or just the answer you want to hear?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Nah I don't care about that at all, I was just taken aback at somebody being like that irl. It's all good.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
:siren:DO NOT READ THE BELOW JONAH GALTBERG, I WILL BE MAKING A POST YOU DON'T LIKE.:siren:

Graic Gabtar posted:

LOL - you're in so much of a lather now you are barely comprehensible.

Unless Australia wants to invade Indonesia and close its ports at some point people are going to still take a chance and set sail.

And when they do it would appear the boat will be stopped, and the passengers and crew sent back to Indonesia.

Boat stopped.

Attributing emotions to me due to your own posting, almost like you had some kind of mastery over a puppet of some description.... again it's bad posting that undermines your own arguments but keep swinging buddy, some day you'll get there.

You say it yourself, "Unless Australia wants to invade Indonesia and close its ports at some point people are still going to take a chance and set sail." I'd argue that convincing Indonesia to improve the situation for refugees in the country or that providing an actual pathway to citizenship there or here for refugees would also solve this, but that's kind of semantics.

Since none of the above is taking place the boats are still, and will always still be coming. Irrespective of what happens after a boat leaves Indonesia, boats are still coming, as such, boats are not, and quite simply can not be, stopped. As such I advocate for solutions that address the root cause of boat arrivals in Australia rather than simply a symptom. Bandaids aren't solutions.

Also you seem pretty hung up on the emotional state of other posters. Do you see your posting that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Graic Gabtar posted:

OK,

You asked a couple of broad questions open to interpretation then fired a shitload of links at me.

How about I reacquaint myself with the articles and respond?

Question though. Do you want my honest appraisal, or just the answer you want to hear?

What i want to hear is if you honestly believe that Australia has been treating refugees with their safety and health in mind as you stated earlier, and if you still do after reading any of the above links. There are so many because the abuses are all over the Pacific Solution.

• Locked thread