Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Not a viking posted:

Hahhaa, jesus christ.

So now what? We just wait for 9th ed for a few months like some loving morons? The fallout from this is going to be amazing. At least I'll be able to grab some cheap stuff on ebay.

Yeah, a group of my friends has been playing 5th Ed so I might grab some stuff to shore up my lists and maybe grab a few cheap models I've always wanted to paint (metal HE heroes!) but I doubt I'll buy any not-ebay WHFB for the foreseeable future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

I wonder if Sega/Total War people, the Mordheim people, the MOBA people and even the Snotling Fling people are happy that the company that sold them license to an IP is destroying it.

Are they? Sounds exactly like they're resetting everything to be before the end times again. Reads like a bad comic book ending for an arc that killed everyone.

I wouldnt rush to ebay just yet.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
important leak: given we're now in bubbles, bases will be spherical in order to play Warhammer Fantbubbly Battle.

e:looking forwards to the vast amount of negative feedback about the ending, and then the parent company utterly disregarding, also known as the BioWare Approach

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Mar 11, 2015

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Vale, all those Warhammer dudes.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

WAR FOOT posted:

important leak: given we're now in bubbles, bases will be spherical in order to play Warhammer Fantbubbly Battle.

e:looking forwards to the vast amount of negative feedback about the ending, and then the parent company utterly disregarding, also known as the BioWare Approach

Surely the bioware approach would be to sell an alternative ending rulebook 2 months later?

radlum
May 13, 2013
Further spoilers, taken from Warseer:

Nagash offers Mannfred to the elves as a sing of good will, snaring him in a prison made of death magic.

Be’lakor frees Mannfred and tells him the truth about Lileath. He is later found by Jerrod (Be’lakor’s plan all the time) and tells him the truth about Lileath. Jerrod lets Mannfred live, who then flees and calls her. She admits the truth, saying that she is the Lady of the Lake, and also that she pushed Bretonnia out of the Stone Age and saved them from the greenskins and themselves. She says that she won’t ask for forgiveness, because the sacrifice of Bretonnia was needed to create the Haven. Then Be’lakor appears when Jerrod is about to kill her. They both fight and the demon defeats Jerrod (but does not kill him), and turns to kill Lileath, but Malekith and Tyrion pop out and trap Be’lakor.

Jerrod returns to his people and tells them about the Lady. They decide not to fight alongside the treacherous elves, returning to Bretonnia. No more is known of them.

After the fall of Averheim, the Incarnates face the daemonic host. The battle is hopeless, so Lileath sacrifices willingly to Teclis in order to give him the needed power to move them to Middenheim. A titanic battle takes place there, and the incarnates travel to the caverns located beneath the city, where Archaon, the Swords of Chaos, and the 4 greater daemons with their respective hosts are waiting. Grimgor fights Arachaon and almost defeats him, but Archaon manages to kill the orc. Then Archaon faces Sigmar, the Emperor, who after a long battle defeats him, throwing him inside a rift created by the Old Ones’ artifact that the chaos guys activated to destroy the world. The surviving Incarnates, aided by Teclis (who now holds the winds of Fire and Beasts), try to close the rift. They could have succeeded, but Mannfred betrays his master (Nagash) killing Gelt. Teclis tries to absorb the wind of Metal, but fails and dies, so the rift feeds on them and sucks out all the Incarnate’s powers. Archaon appears again, climbing out of the rift, and faces SIgmar one more time. They both are last seen fighting against each other, with Ghal-Maraz being held by Archaon as Sigmar tried to smash him. Meanwhile, Malekith saves Alarielle from being crushed by debris, and then she and Tyrion turn their backs and walk away while the Eternity King dies in pain, with his legs crushed. They both look back at the growing rift while the darkness swallows them.

Game Over.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
That sounds like the worst fanfic ever.

So its 100% real.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

radlum posted:

Nagash offers Mannfred to the elves as a sing of good will, snaring him in a prison made of death magic.

Be’lakor frees Mannfred and tells him the truth about Lileath. He is later found by Jerrod (Be’lakor’s plan all the time) and tells him the truth about Lileath. Jerrod lets Mannfred live, who then flees and calls her. She admits the truth, saying that she is the Lady of the Lake, and also that she pushed Bretonnia out of the Stone Age and saved them from the greenskins and themselves. She says that she won’t ask for forgiveness, because the sacrifice of Bretonnia was needed to create the Haven. Then Be’lakor appears when Jerrod is about to kill her. They both fight and the demon defeats Jerrod (but does not kill him), and turns to kill Lileath, but Malekith and Tyrion pop out and trap Be’lakor.

Jerrod returns to his people and tells them about the Lady. They decide not to fight alongside the treacherous elves, returning to Bretonnia. No more is known of them.

After the fall of Averheim, the Incarnates face the daemonic host. The battle is hopeless, so Lileath sacrifices willingly to Teclis in order to give him the needed power to move them to Middenheim. A titanic battle takes place there, and the incarnates travel to the caverns located beneath the city, where Archaon, the Swords of Chaos, and the 4 greater daemons with their respective hosts are waiting. Grimgor fights Arachaon and almost defeats him, but Archaon manages to kill the orc. Then Archaon faces Sigmar, the Emperor, who after a long battle defeats him, throwing him inside a rift created by the Old Ones’ artifact that the chaos guys activated to destroy the world. The surviving Incarnates, aided by Teclis (who now holds the winds of Fire and Beasts), try to close the rift. They could have succeeded, but Mannfred betrays his master (Nagash) killing Gelt. Teclis tries to absorb the wind of Metal, but fails and dies, so the rift feeds on them and sucks out all the Incarnate’s powers. Archaon appears again, climbing out of the rift, and faces SIgmar one more time. They both are last seen fighting against each other, with Ghal-Maraz being held by Archaon as Sigmar tried to smash him. Meanwhile, Malekith saves Alarielle from being crushed by debris, and then she and Tyrion turn their backs and walk away while the Eternity King dies in pain, with his legs crushed. They both look back at the growing rift while the darkness swallows them.

Game Over.

I really, really wanted Tyrion to stay dead.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

radlum posted:

Game Over.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
So it has now officially taken GW less time to kill Warhammer than it has taken me to finish my Empire army.

Welp.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Anyone interested in selling unpainted, preferably unassembled, Bretonnians, feel free to PM me at any time in the next year or two.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Wow that's a sloppy mess.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
'The world being swallowed in darkness' is pretty much comic-book code for 'this was all a dream' or 'someone will use a power they had in a bizarre way and reset the timeline'

mazdamundi is gonna fly his lizard ship into a black hole and push books out of Felix's bookshelf in such a way to direct him to correct the timeline

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

'The world being swallowed in darkness' is pretty much comic-book code for 'this was all a dream' or 'someone will use a power they had in a bizarre way and reset the timeline'

mazdamundi is gonna fly his lizard ship into a black hole and push books out of Felix's bookshelf in such a way to direct him to correct the timeline

... - .- -... / --. .- ...- / - .... --- .-. .--. .

"What does it mean???"

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
The Skaven win again!

...i think?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
The Skaven never win anything because all of their victories are just 'our dumb plan has ended in such a way that we only lose slightly less'

weren't they going to literally blow up the whole planet to kill the lizardmen?

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I would have been pretty stoked with skaven rocketing off into the 40k universe with the lizard men doing the same in their bubbles, they are the two coolest races other than orcs.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I was eagerly awaiting the Garagehammer podcasts run down of the ET books, but I don't think I'm going to bother after the Khaine book.

gently caress GW.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

radlum posted:

Game Over.

I never read anything beyond the Nagash book so none of this makes any sense to me.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I never read anything beyond the Nagash book so none of this makes any sense to me.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
Tune in this Summer for STARCHILD FANTASY BATTLES!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It reads like some bad World of Warcraft event where the favorite characters of the developers do EPIC stuff while you watch and maybe kill some trash mobs or something along the way.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And with that I feel much better about abadoning the property for Warmahordes.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Aren't I glad that all my purchasing decisions happen to be compatible with other games.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Aren't I glad that all my purchasing decisions happen to be compatible with other games.

Whenever something happens with Warhammer (fantasy or 40k) lately, such as new codexes or rulebooks coming out, the amount of people and the extent to which they freak out here on the forums leads me to believe that they don't do anything else with their free time but play this game. Diversify your hobby portfolio, dudes.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Who knows maybe 9th will be cool :shrug:

would be nice if they talked about what they want to do though. I don't blame people for waiting to see.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Who knows maybe 9th will be cool :shrug:

would be nice if they talked about what they want to do though. I don't blame people for waiting to see.

Ya the contrast of this to say, FFG's Star Wars Armada is ridiculous. We know next to nothing about what GW is doing (and really have not had any idea whats coming for months) meanwhile FFGs has basically released enough info about Armada that you could probably be playing games of it right now using proxies...

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
If anybody has Lizardmen Terradons, Troglodons, Bastiladons, or finecast Cold Ones they want to offload, I will lovingly incorporate them into Warhammer Space Fights (the game upon which GW shall dote upon forever).

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Who's Jerrod? Sounds like a character from a TV soap

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
They killed off the Bretonnian King Leonwhatever, but from context I'm assuming he's the leader of whatever remains of Bretonnia?

I bought the Nagash book but stopped following End Times shortly after. Endtimes: The Quest for Additional Money or whatever edition came after Glottkin

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Kinda glad that my whole factions death got more attention and a more coherent plot that the entire Warhammer world, apparently.

edit: The part about the Chaos Gods not caring anymore as soon as it happened was pretty hilarious and is probably the official GW stance. Did they even bother to do anything with Settra from the first book or did they get too enraptured in giving Elves/Skaven/Chaos as much sloppy fan service as possible?

Business Gorillas fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 11, 2015

Caadar
May 30, 2013
So what happened to Gotrek and Felix?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Died in each others arms.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That must have been some kind of kiss.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

They should have just walked away.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Caadar posted:

So what happened to Gotrek and Felix?

Black Library is releasing a book on March 20th, IIRC, and Gotrek finally dies in it. Or should at least, since it's "Book II of the Doom of Gotrek Gurnisson" and BL says it's the final book in the series. It has Be'lakor in the cover, so that's the likely candidate for Gotrek's Doom.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I hope Gotrek enjoys the five minutes in the Hall of Ancestors he gets before it's wiped out of existence.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I hope Gortek is the one guy who survives the whole thing, and he shapes a new world out of the void with pure grudgingness so that there will be new creatures to try and kill him. :black101:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ashcans posted:

I hope Gortek is the one guy who survives the whole thing, and he shapes a new world out of the void with pure grudgingness so that there will be new creatures to try and kill him. :black101:

Gotrek will turn out to be a dwarf god or something judging by the series so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

So how long till a fan based rules governing body emerges like Net Epic Armageddon?

• Locked thread