Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

VendaGoat posted:

I agree with you.

Now someone name a perfect show.

Better off Ted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Better off Ted

Never watched it, will add to queue.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

Well, I almost veered into hate-watching the V remake, but it paid off with the most hilarious "gently caress you, gently caress you, and gently caress you, we're out!" ending I've seen in years.

So is that a recommendation to watch it, or not? I was a fan of the oldschool one, as campy as it was.

VendaGoat posted:

The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon. :colbert:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Austrian mook posted:

Someone make a thread for the people who absolutely hate this show but watch every episode and spend all day posting about how much they hate this show so the people who like it can talk about liking it in peace.

Lol

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Johnny Truant posted:

The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon. :colbert:

You seem...biased.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

VendaGoat posted:

I agree with you.

Parks & Rec.

Extras.

The Office BBC.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

BonoMan posted:

Parks & Rec.

Extras.

The Office BBC.

fly away troll

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

fly away troll

I'd be willing to pare it down to P&R, but the other two are pretty perfect.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Blazing Ownager posted:

The best possible ending is if after all the stingers, the very last stinger is Morgan heroically getting mauled by a zombie, ending the whole stinger thing with an intentional wet fart. That would be some seriously high-tier trolling, but I'd laugh.

I sure don't hate the show. I think it's wildly inconsistent and occasionally gets really dumb sometimes, but I'm totally down with that.

The only things I've truly hate-watched were Heroes Season 3 and American Horror Story Season 3, because they are truly beautiful slow motion train wrecks on a scale almost unheard of. The Walking Dead isn't even in the same ballpark as that.

Well, I almost veered into hate-watching the V remake, but it paid off with the most hilarious "gently caress you, gently caress you, and gently caress you, we're out!" ending I've seen in years.

Was Heroes Season 3 the one where one of the characters went back in time to ancient japan?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

BonoMan posted:

Parks & Rec.

Extras.

The Office BBC.

I didn't really enjoy the BBC office but I watched every single episode of the american version. Also Parks and Rec is hardly perfect, since the first season is unwatchable garbage.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Austrian mook posted:

I didn't really enjoy the BBC office but I watched every single episode of the american version. Also Parks and Rec is hardly perfect, since the first season is unwatchable garbage.

There was no first season. Only a prequel to Season 2.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Original seasons of arrested development.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
So no one can agree on anything, got it.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I agree that Deadwood is about as perfect as a TV show can get.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Even as good as the wire was, season 5 was pretty bad.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

VendaGoat posted:

I agree with you.

Dexter. Magnifico

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

savinhill posted:

I agree that Deadwood is about as perfect as a TV show can get.

I think this is the only true answer. The lord took her from us too soon... but she was perfect.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

GrAviTy84 posted:

Original seasons of arrested development.

yea

E: every joke hits, it's just insane

Joey Gladstone
May 26, 2003

Ars Arcanum posted:

I ironically love the show but I think it's really sloppy/crappy sometimes, and it's ok to talk about that.

e: unironically. God autocorrect on my phone is irritating. :downs:

Gosh darn that autocorrect

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

VendaGoat posted:

I agree with you.

Michael and Michael Have Issues.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Better off Ted

second season's not as good as the first.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Austrian mook posted:

Was Heroes Season 3 the one where one of the characters went back in time to ancient japan?

No, that was Season 2, and while the whole premise was pretty ridiculous the white samurai dude was a pretty awesome character.

Season 3 was the one with Sylar making face/heel turns every other episode, Surest turning into The Fly, Nathan starting an anti-mutant task force and Marlo from the Wire getting chumped after half season of build up.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

I agree with you.

ER was perfect and it had 15 seasons.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Marshmallow Blue posted:

No, I just want them to move the story some. And Carol's hershey's addiction and gun thieving for the group doesn't count.

Oh, so you don't want story advancement, you just want story advancement. We get it, there isn't enough flashy flashy for you. Go watch a Michael Bay flick instead

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Also, what does everyone think about Morgan following them around? That was Morgan like 7-8 episodes ago right?

He knows where they're heading, but since he's on foot, he's likely gonna take a bit of time to get there

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Austrian mook posted:

Nah, that was the third turtles movie

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
The best possible thing this show can do is have Rick finally believe his own hype to the point where he becomes a complete dick and uses his power for selfish reasons.

I hope he channels some Shane, who was the best character.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

8raz posted:

The best possible thing this show can do is have Rick finally believe his own hype to the point where he becomes a complete dick and uses his power for selfish reasons.

I hope he channels some Shane, who was the best character.

Pretty sure we're leading up to something like that. Well, except it won't be purely selfish because what is there really that he can't already have? Jessie seems willing enough, and I don't think they'll let him crack to the point that we see him holding up the chubby woman for chocolate bars.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Ars Arcanum posted:

...and I don't think they'll let him crack to the point that we see him holding up the chubby woman for chocolate bars.

The only way to overtake Alexandria is to remove all their chocolate from the situation, thus causing a bunch of first world problems and unleashing anarchy inside the walls. The tank would work too but they left it back at the prison.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

SocketWrench posted:

Oh, so you don't want story advancement, you just want story advancement. We get it, there isn't enough flashy flashy for you. Go watch a Michael Bay flick instead

Pain and Gain is a better downfall of society/man is the real monster story than Walking Dead and I really like Walking Dead.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Don't think it was mentioned here, but AMC greenlit two seasons of the untitled spinoff show. The first season is only 6 episodes and aires sometime this summer.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

Nah, that was the third turtles movie

:cheers:

I'm going to make a (most likely awful and wrong) prediction that they're going to tie Morgan in with the amalgamation of the comic-book Scavengers and Andrea/Sasha's story, I mean where else would they be able to fit him in? I just can't see Aaryl becoming a scouting party and meeting him this soon, but I could be wrong as they're moving relatively quickly in advancing the Alexandria arc.

As much as I would love to see an aamazing troll involving Morgan getting murderized before Rick can stop it, I think he's too cool of a character to do that to. Morgan's Funville was just too dope.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Probably worth mentioning that Lennie James, who plays Morgan, is starring in a new medical drama that starts in the UK sometime around now. So presumably that conflicts with his scheduling a bit.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I think this is the only true answer. The lord took her from us too soon... but she was perfect.

I think Deadwood is probably the best TV show ever and the only reason I didn't list it as perfect is because it wasn't given a proper ending.

Goddamn you HBO.

Goddamn you.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

freebooter posted:

Probably worth mentioning that Lennie James, who plays Morgan, is starring in a new medical drama that starts in the UK sometime around now. So presumably that conflicts with his scheduling a bit.

They'll just hash in clips and random voice bits like the did with Chef in south park.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BonoMan posted:

I think Deadwood is probably the best TV show ever and the only reason I didn't list it as perfect is because it wasn't given a proper ending.

Goddamn you HBO.

Goddamn you.

Cocksuckers!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Better off Ted

Also "Pushing Daisies"

And "Ugly Americans", although I don't know if cartoons count.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Koalas March posted:

ER was perfect and it had 15 seasons.

every season after Greene and Carter left was dogshit, you liar

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

The West Wing

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

GrAviTy84 posted:

The West Wing

Never seen it but after that masturbatory poo poo heap that was The Newsroom, I don't know if I can ever watch anything Sorkin again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

every season after Greene and Carter left was dogshit, you liar

Nah Pratt was great. The finale was great.

• Locked thread