Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

JerryLee posted:

MARDU MONEYMAKER
"Sack my mardu moneymaker, all my dudes gets three butt fight points til end of turn"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JerryLee posted:

MARDU MONEYMAKER

SULTAI SADDLEBAGS

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Random rules question:

1) If if I have a Vesuva copying a basic forest in play and my opponent casts Blood Moon, does the Vesuva become a Mountain or does it stay as a Forest?

2) Similarly, let's say I have a Vesuva in my hand and a Forest in play and my opponent has a Blood Moon. If I put the Vesuva into play and have it copy the Forest, does it become a Mountain instead?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

bhsman posted:

Random rules question:

1) If if I have a Vesuva copying a basic forest in play and my opponent casts Blood Moon, does the Vesuva become a Mountain or does it stay as a Forest?

2) Similarly, let's say I have a Vesuva in my hand and a Forest in play and my opponent has a Blood Moon. If I put the Vesuva into play and have it copy the Forest, does it become a Mountain instead?

Vesuva is for all intents and purposes a forest. It copies types super types, and sub types..

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

1) The Basic supertype is a property that can be copied, so Vesuva is unaffected by Blood Moon if it is copying a basic land.

2) Vesuva's replacement effect applies before it hits the battlefield, so you can have it enter the battlefield as a forest under an active Blood Moon and not get changed.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Gensuki posted:

Vesuva is for all intents and purposes a forest. It copies types super types, and sub types..

Irony Be My Shield posted:

1) The Basic supertype is a property that can be copied, so Vesuva is unaffected by Blood Moon if it is copying a basic land.

2) Vesuva's replacement effect applies before it hits the battlefield, so you can have it enter the battlefield as a forest under an active Blood Moon and not get changed.

Awesome, thanks. Tom Martell posted a guide of sorts to Amulet Combo and one of the people commenting on it mentioned using a second Vesuva against Blood Moon decks to increase the number of forests for the deck.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Dash, Dash

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

SULTAI SADDLEBAGS SALTSHAKER

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
ESPER EROGENOUS ZONES

Am I doing this right?

YoshiStomper
May 13, 2011

The reject.

Applebees posted:

Related to a previous discussion, there will be Rise of the Eldrazi drafts during the same time.

Was this a fun set to draft? I haven't been playing that long and wouldn't mind doing this if It was enjoyable.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

YoshiStomper posted:

Was this a fun set to draft? I haven't been playing that long and wouldn't mind doing this if It was enjoyable.

Probably the best. There's such a huge variety of viable strategies.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Myriad Truths posted:

Probably the best. There's such a huge variety of viable strategies.

I still believe that Triple Innistraad is the best limited format Wizard's has ever churned out, but Triple ROE is a loving amazing limited environment. You could play an aggro levelers deck, a controlling deck, or ramp into 8-10 mana creatures with ease. The only real problem with the format was Drana, if you pulled her, you won that draft.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

sarmhan posted:

ABZAN rear end
You have to go for Assban here. I crave portmanteaus more than alliteration.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

You have to go for Assban here. I crave portmanteaus more than alliteration.

dude, you cant Assban that Abzan rear end

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

JUND.... JIGGLES?

Junk was taken.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Personally, I'm shocked no one has said NAYA NIPPLES yet.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Count Bleck posted:

JUND.... JIGGLES?

Junk was taken.

Junk (in the trunk).

Assristocrats.

Gruul Glutes.

Sel-rear end-nya.

Edit: JUNDERTHIGHS.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
So we get dragon keyrunes apparently. Cycle of 3 mana rocks that tap for X or Y and you can pay 4XY to make them 4/4 flying dragons of the appropriate colors until EOT.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Xir posted:

Personally, I'm shocked no one has said NAYA NIPPLES yet.

Probably because butts don't have nipples.

At least, they're not supposed to.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The :effort:est of keyrunes.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I dig the art, at least.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
6 to activate makes it kinda hard to use them for the "if you control a dragon" stuff. That seems like the story of this set for limited: "Cool synergy if it didn't cost a million mana."

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So you're saying I only need 13 mana to megamorph my dragon and activate one of these in the same turn to combo off for a +1/+1 counter on it? Sweet!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

These things are all really cool. Banners were pretty bad in Limited because the fixing was good enough that you didn't need them and paying three to draw a card once in the lategame is meh. If the Khans refuges don't make it into this set (the ally-color ones might?) the fixing will be more valuable, and a 6 mana 4/4 flyer with Dragon tribal interactions is probably good enough to make the cut in this format. Dodging sorcery speed removal is a plus. Of course this draft environment could end up radically different from Khans, but having something to dump your mana into later on is always nice, and these both ramp and fix, two important things when you're trying to unmorph Megamorphs or cast dragons.

edit: obviously this is Limited only

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

3 mana ramping also seems more useful in a format full of 5/6/7 mana fliers.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

That is one mad dragon in the new Duress.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
hell yes duress.
Now I have something ot sideboard against UB control.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
They weren't kidding about Zurgo being the Biff Tannen of DTK.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Love that Scion of Ugin is a colorless non-artifact creature.

e: Also the duality between Duress and Despise.

Starving Autist fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 11, 2015

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

That Duress art and flavor text are just amazing.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Tapestry of the Ages is pretty cool, adds cantripping to all your prowess enablers.

Ith
May 16, 2004
not azn
The commons better be amazing because this set looks terrible so far.

I am getting flashbacks of Dragon's Maze already.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

That Duress art and flavor text are just amazing.

That is a very good looking duress, and would probably be a cool foil.

Also, the Ugin's custodian card made me wonder....What exactly did the Super-President do? How did he go back in time, and what exactly did he change to make things the way they are now?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Elyv posted:

The :effort:est of keyrunes.

Tell me about it. Zilch differentiation

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Angry Grimace posted:

They weren't kidding about Zurgo being the Biff Tannen of DTK.
I like how Zurgo, Kolaghan Whipping Boy is way the gently caress more constructed playable than Zurgo, Super Ultra Badass.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I assume Scion of Ugin is the dragon card that was intended to be common but got bumped up in development.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Entropic posted:

6 to activate makes it kinda hard to use them for the "if you control a dragon" stuff. That seems like the story of this set for limited: "Cool synergy if it didn't cost a million mana."

This and the walls/butt stuff matters cards make me think this sets going to be a bunch of standing around waiting for someone to land a dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Cool art. Boring cards.

• Locked thread