Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kree botox forehead is a dead giveaway.

Pete can come back anytime, it's the part he was born to play!
This episode was one of the best, that whole scene with Daisy's powers was brilliant. Fitz has been killing it and Coulsons down to earth "We need you in the field, you're a beast" had me rolling.

That fight scene with Mockingbird and Pete was pretty great, can we have a gif of her getting bounced off the table?

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Mar 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Who is Pete? Was that Kree played by Danny Tamberelli?

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Battle Without Honor or Humanity

greatn posted:

It was Eddie McClintock from Warehouse 13.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Hopefully the Bobbi and Mack mystery will be resolved within the next two episodes, I don't mind it being a thing but it's about time we find out what's up. I do think them working for Stark makes the most sense, and that Fury's magic box is somehow vital to the implementation of the Ultron program, so they steal it or manage to copy it and get it to Stark. I don't think they'll have whatever Age of Ultron tie-in they have planned come out of nowhere, after all.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

NowonSA posted:

Hopefully the Bobbi and Mack mystery will be resolved within the next two episodes,

Well, i'd hope not. AoU doesn't come out until May 1st. I doubt they'd implement an AoU plot device in March and then make people wait a month or so for the payoff.

The season 2 finale takes place on May 19th. So if there's an AoU "aftermath" payoff similar to The Winter Soldier, it'll probably happen on the May 4th episode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
When does Inhumans come out, like 2017? They don't seem to worried about peaking to early.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

poo poo, I KNEW he looked familiar! Good casting.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

When does Inhumans come out, like 2017? They don't seem to worried about peaking to early.

July 12, 2019, actually.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I rest my case.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

NecroMonster posted:

I'd say yes, plus they are the only "people" who would both know about the cube and be able to provide the tech Mack used to scan the room.

Fury would just ask for the cube, Talbot wouldn't have the tech or knowledge, and Hydra wouldn't be playing so nice, and likely wouldn't know about the cube either.

I didn't consider Stark, but that's some pretty sound reasoning that makes it fairly plausible.

Lady Sif, Inhmans, Kree - I like that SHIELD has finally said "gently caress it, we're a comic book show." SHIELD is getting more and more interesting with each episode, and the next episode looks pretty crazy, I'm pretty excited for next week.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I don't think they work for Stark. Their conversation about having to fight the team just doesn't fit with that theory, at least in my view.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BrianWilly posted:

This show is incredibly good now. I think I enjoyed every minute of that episode.

Are the ratings picking up?

I still have a hard time convincing people to give the show another shot because of season 1.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

mikeraskol posted:

I don't think they work for Stark. Their conversation about having to fight the team just doesn't fit with that theory, at least in my view.

That's another reason I'm leaning towards US government. It fits best with their dialogue.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
The trunchin' can only be used by Kree. Bobbi used the trunchin'. :ohdear:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

demota posted:

I can't tell if I'm being whooshed or if this is a serious post.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Also, it's truncheon.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

That's :thejoke:.

The message is serious, though.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don't get it. Is that a reference or something?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Blazing Ownager posted:

I still have a hard time convincing people to give the show another shot because of season 1.

I had a co-worker chipping away at me for months to give it another shot.

When I finally sat down and powered through the first 3-4 episodes I realized the majority of season 1 is actually decent, and it gets very good towards the end. The first few episodes are really really bad but things pick up much faster than I expected. That's probably an easier sell to people than telling them they have to get through an entire 22 episode season of lovely television.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Promo for next week's episode "One of Us", featuring more Muad'Dad and assorted minor supervillains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vs1QyzPc_M

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Generic American posted:

Bobbi did, at their end of their little scuffle with the old "use their hand to hold it and it still works" trick. :eng101:

demota posted:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The dog used the truncheon.

Mac and Hunter either just talked or had sex at the end.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Mack would never cheat on Fitz! :hchatter:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

The dog used the truncheon.

Well when you're put in a sleeper hold, your butthole really hurts afterward.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

NowonSA posted:

Hopefully the Bobbi and Mack mystery will be resolved within the next two episodes, I don't mind it being a thing but it's about time we find out what's up. I do think them working for Stark makes the most sense, and that Fury's magic box is somehow vital to the implementation of the Ultron program, so they steal it or manage to copy it and get it to Stark. I don't think they'll have whatever Age of Ultron tie-in they have planned come out of nowhere, after all.

Given what happened with Hunter I assume there's no chance we won't find out next week. Plus the show seems to be keeping things moving at a pretty solid clip lately.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

demota posted:

That's :thejoke:.

The message is serious, though.

It can be a bit confusing because it involves three hands in the frame where you're only expecting to see one and goes quite fast. Bobbi grabbed his right wrist with her left hand, put her right arm on his upper arm as a pivot, and slammed the truncheon into him while he was holding it.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Did I hear correctly that Coulson named his big gun "Bambino"?

God that is so adorable :allears:

demota
Aug 12, 2003

Bruceski posted:

It can be a bit confusing because it involves three hands in the frame where you're only expecting to see one and goes quite fast. Bobbi grabbed his right wrist with her left hand, put her right arm on his upper arm as a pivot, and slammed the truncheon into him while he was holding it.

Aah, okay. It went really quickly, so I guess I didn't totally catch what exactly happened. That makes a lot more sense than "Hey, she's secretly an alien."

Truncheon is still a funny word.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Mack should have said "Don't fight it" when he Jack Bauerised Hunter.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

MikeJF posted:

Given what happened with Hunter I assume there's no chance we won't find out next week. Plus the show seems to be keeping things moving at a pretty solid clip lately.

Other shows, hell AoS last season even, would have kept Skye's powers hidden for half a season or more. AoS s2? Skye decides with Fitz to hide her powers in episode 11, she's outed in episode 12. No slow burn here. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am is the order of the day.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

jng2058 posted:

Other shows, hell AoS last season even, would have kept Skye's powers hidden for half a season or more. AoS s2? Skye decides with Fitz to hide her powers in episode 11, she's outed in episode 12. No slow burn here. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am is the order of the day.

I've decided I really like this show because it did that.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 11, 2015

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
gently caress slow burns! Slow burns are overrated!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The "hiding the secret to save my family/friends" is the worst part of most superhero stories and should be skipped over if possible. :colbert:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, Tony showed everyone that just owning up to that poo poo is the cool thing to do.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Blazing Ownager posted:

It has been a slow bleed, but that is par for the course as ratings rarely pick up on network television.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

old dog child posted:

The "hiding the secret to save my family/friends" is the worst part of most superhero stories and should be skipped over if possible. :colbert:

I feel exactly the same way about the "pretending to be someone I'm not but I somehow look exactly alike" plot as well, and it often ties into that one as well which I hate just as much. It was the thing I disliked the most in Fringe, but I stuck through it for the rest of the series. I gave up Orphan Black two or three episodes in because of it, though. Thought about giving it another chance, but I have too many other shows that I care more about and too big of a Stream backlog to give it a serious try.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Phylodox posted:

Flash says this too which is why it's really fun too.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Phylodox posted:

Arrow and Flash are like 'Yeah, that's how it's done' :ocelot::smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BlueBayou posted:

Did I hear correctly that Coulson named his big gun "Bambino"?

God that is so adorable :allears:

I seem to have missed that part. When did it happen?

• Locked thread