Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

VikingSkull posted:

why do people even act like the constitution matters in 2015, we're so hosed it's beyond belief and the only thing that's gonna fix it is nuclear hellfire
Everyday I pray for the sweet embrace of nuclear hellfire, bathing me in its warming glow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Willy Pete posted:

Everyday I pray for the sweet embrace of nuclear hellfire, bathing me in its warming glow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5Y0BMVLfg

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
looks like you aint takin my greentips after all byron jones :clint:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

looks like you aint takin my greentips after all byron jones :clint:
Yeah, well, don't hold your breath.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
its cool i got a stash of cop killahs anyway :c00l:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

its cool i got a stash of cop killahs anyway :c00l:

Transfats?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Can we just turn The Mall into a real-life CoD Deathmatch map, make teams based on Senators' parties, and let them go to town on each other? The Dems can have the Independents and Diamond Joe to even it out a little more.

Winning team (last Senator standing) gets their vision of an Iran policy approved. I'll put $5 down on Diamond Joe turning a Trans Am into a death machine and mowing down Republicans with a double-barreled shotgun. Bonus style points if he does it wearing mirrored Aviators.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

ded posted:

The NSA going hog wild was not something 'this' administration started.

It was also voted for and approved by congress twice so idk why everyone blames Obama or Bush aside from laziness.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

psydude posted:

It was also voted for and approved by congress twice so idk why everyone blames Obama or Bush aside from laziness.

They vote it because we have to fight terrorism!

Remember, we have to fight enemies both foreign and domestic!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

:ssh:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

I'm going to mix and match between Bush and Obama...warrantless wiretapping (which was authorized by exactly zero Congressional action and, regardless of how it was conceived, was illegal as gently caress as executed), deploying combat forces without even bothering to get a Congressional resolution or AUMF authorizing it, and executing a US citizen without due process.

Also every Administration's blatant disregard of the WPR but that's basically become an American tradition at this point.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

ded posted:

Please, go on.

The Senate needs to approve treaties to make them binding. Those pesky checks and balances.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

iyaayas01 posted:

Also every Administration's blatant disregard of the WPR but that's basically become an American tradition at this point.

I blame Congress for that more than the president.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Thought you were going to go with that MSPaint picture of some obese gendercreature freaking out when a McD's employee informed it that they don't serve transfats.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

UH-60 crashed somewhere near Eglin, 11 missing presumed dead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-31832888

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

To be fair, a lot of the unconstitutional stuff done by all of the presidents in living memory isn't exactly a closely guarded secret. Not to say 'if the president does it, it's legal', but if the president does it, Congress doesn't outlaw it and continues funding it, and the Supreme Court doesn't object, well then, it's basically legal.

The NSA warrantless wiretapping for example, which is probably the most blatant example of a 4th amendment violation. Even after it came out that the NSA was doing this and lying to both FISA and the Congressional intelligence committee, federal courts still refused standing for any cases brought against the practice and Congress did not pass any new restrictions or deny funding to the NSA. These folks are the ultimate arbiters of legality, so the practice is now de facto legal even if a middle schooler can figure out that it is an obvious violation of the letter of the law.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Dems can have the Independents and Diamond Joe to even it out a little more.

Hey no fair! Diamond Joe is totally OP. Mods please nerf.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

Thought you were going to go with that MSPaint picture of some obese gendercreature freaking out when a McD's employee informed it that they don't serve transfats.
School offers some sort of queer studies minor now. The slide on the website announcing this has a picture of three fat, vaguely female looking things, with dumb dye jobs, and facial piercings. For people who insist that their gender/sexuality can't be put in a neat little box they sure do all look the same.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
http://www.thebureauinvestigates.co...or-us-military/

I'm looking forward to the day when flying a drone is just outsourced to random people on the internet.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Repr

The app based dronesharing service that connects drone operators with individuals in need of a good hellfire.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Twitch bombs mud huts

"Godammit stop bombing my house, assholes!"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Repr

The app based dronesharing service that connects drone operators with individuals in need of a good hellfire.

Martr

Swipe right to have your cafe bombed

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Do pilots get PTSD from running bombing missions? I assume that they would, but you never hear about it.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Do pilots get PTSD from running bombing missions? I assume that they would, but you never hear about it.

It doesn't fall under the technical classification of PTSD, because one of the requirements for diagnosis is that it results from being placed in imminent danger or directly experiencing a traumatic event (think sexual assault victims, people hit with an IED, seeing people killed up close, shot at, etc.).

psydude fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 11, 2015

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

psydude posted:

It doesn't fall under the technical classification of PTSD, because one of the requirements for diagnosis is that it results from being placed in imminent danger or directly experiencing a traumatic event (think sexual assault victims, people hit with an IED, seeing people killed up close, shot at, etc.).

This.

There can be a host of other mood disorders with PTSD like symptoms. Usually some form of anxiety disorder.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

psydude posted:

Ya because getting shot at by SAMS and AAA is totally not imminent danger.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess bomber pilots aren't in any real danger in Afghanistan or whatever since they're so high up but chopper pilots and anything low-level like an A10 totally is.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Every jet pilot I know pretty much says when you have a massive boner because you have the world's coolest loving job it's hard to get all sad brains about some lame poo poo like dead muds

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

ActusRhesus posted:

This.

There can be a host of other mood disorders with PTSD like symptoms. Usually some form of anxiety disorder.

My all time favorite "PTSD" story

http://www.jenniferkarady.com/soldier_stories7.html

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
I had a PEB client who wanted to claim PTSD (of course tax free combat related) because he was a surgeon who operated on combat casualties from OEF and became traumatized by witnessing the carnage.

In a hospital.

In Germany.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ActusRhesus posted:

I had a PEB client who wanted to claim PTSD (of course tax free combat related) because he was a surgeon who operated on combat casualties from OEF and became traumatized by witnessing the carnage.

In a hospital.

In Germany.

Eh it's not the worst stretch in the world. Don't all the serious injuries in country get sent out to Ramstein first?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

ded posted:

Ya because getting shot at by SAMS and AAA is totally not imminent danger.

Because those things have been frequently used against our air campaigns since March of 2003.

With that being said, I'd be nervous flying into Syria.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

gfanikf posted:

Eh it's not the worst stretch in the world. Don't all the serious injuries in country get sent out to Ramstein first?

Patients get stabilized for the flight while in theatre then sent out to Ramstein. Really critical dudes are sent on CCATT flights. Don't ask me what CCATT stands for because I forgot.

I worked the aerovac piece in Ramstein for nearly 3 years. If the military does anything right, it's aeromedical evacuation. That poo poo was run extremely well.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Being a doctor or nurse on a FST would be pretty damned depressing. They only got the people that weren't expected to make it back to the level II facility without some immediate intervention (usually multiple amputees, severe bleeding, or substantial head trauma), so their success rate was pretty handicapped from the beginning.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holocaust bloopers posted:

Really critical dudes are sent on CCATT flights. Don't ask me what CCATT stands for because I forgot.

Critical Care Air Transport Team

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Higher rate of traumas to be sure but they wouldn't be getting stuff like children molested so bad they ended up in the ICU like you would find as an EMT or in a regular state side emergency room. The emergency response system of any type is going too be a bitch on mental health, it's part of the job. I'm all for getting mental health treatment for the entire system, military or not. That's not gonna happen though because nobody gives a poo poo about the dude making less money than McDonald's pays. (not joking it was a pay cut to go from McD's to being an EMT)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ActusRhesus posted:

In a hospital.

In Germany.

One of the doctors at my old work signed up when OIF kicked off. He was a trauma surgeon and wanted to do cutting edge trauma surgery, so he got himself posted to a medical unit near a combat zone. He came back a little stressed and said that he had some sleepless nights, but didn't seem too badly hosed up. He later wrote and presented what I was told was a very good paper on how to properly pick large amounts of shrapnel and bits of cloth out of people.

Probably helped that he was used to dealing with some grody injuries before he ever left the States. He said that the experience made him a better surgeon but a worse person, he'd probably have fit right in here.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

yeah, sure. you see depressing poo poo but "I saw really hosed up poo poo and have [insert any number of mood disorders here]" is not the same as "I have combat related PTSD."

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Typing out a massive response was cathartic enough, so I deleted it.

Bottom line, no PTSD for physicians, and I should probably see a shrink but I don't have time anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I remember reading in my psych 101 textbook a few years back that bombardiers in WW2 sometimes developed night blindness as a form of conversion disorder, but bombing runs over Europe were a bit more high risk than what most pilots today are facing.

• Locked thread