Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Wonderllama posted:

Least surprising news I've ever seen, and please - take all the time you need. But go ahead and release the Uncharted compilation in the meantime.

Sucky news, but yeah: release an Uncharted Remaster. Pretty please. With sugar on top.

At least The Division is coming out soon-ish. Maybe.

It will probably get delayed (again), too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Szurumbur posted:

gently caress YOU!!!

Fastest any scene has gone from "this is incredibly bad" to "actually this is really funny." I don't know how anyone can say the game takes itself too seriously after that. It plays it straight most of the time but it's clownishly insane.

I like all of the games in the series minus the second one and I don't think it's anywhere near the massive departure people treat it as.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
DMC3 Special Edition is the best game in the series but DMC 4 still had some great moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSEBAukcHaU

It's a shame that by the time you got to play Dante you had seen everything in the game and he wasn't as fun though.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Surlaw posted:

Fastest any scene has gone from "this is incredibly bad" to "actually this is really funny." I don't know how anyone can say the game takes itself too seriously after that. It plays it straight most of the time but it's clownishly insane.

I like all of the games in the series minus the second one and I don't think it's anywhere near the massive departure people treat it as.

Oh, the game is really funny, but I don't think that's the intended effect - this is the same studio/writers that wanted to have Monkey kick down a person hanging from an edge to show how cool and detached he is, and I really think they did want the players to take the story seriously, otherwise they're trolling only themselves with focusing on the plot's strength, like they did before launch.

But yeah, embrace the DmC: Devil May Cry for what it is, which is the best brawler Ninja Theory have done with an insane story from people who don't know any better - if anything, the story made for a serious consumption makes it more of a farce and therefore funnier.

Also remember that Dante's canon name from DmC: Devil May Cry is actually gently caress You for some reason.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Sunning posted:

So how many of Sony's PS4 games have been delayed from their original date? Infamous was delayed from launch day to Q1 2014. Driveclub was delayed for a year. Order 1886 was delayed to Early 2015. Bloodbourne was delayed by a month. Sony Santa Monica's PS4 game was cancelled in February 2014. The Last Guardian was delayed to... ?

Pretty sure this never happened - there was no delay, it just went from 'no date' to the date it released on.

Persona 5 was originally announced for 2014, though just as a PS3 game - the PS4 port probably caused the delay to 2015.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

MZ posted:

Any idea when it's due for PS4? It was originally slated for Q1 2015 but no sign of it :-(

I always heard Q1 2015 or Spring 2015, but I check at least once a week to see if that is updated. The good news since it is a digital only title the release date can be within a month of the official announcement. My gut tells me no later than May.

Harlock posted:

Call of Duty 12
Assassin's Creed 9
Metal Gear Solid V
Persona 5? :ohdear:

No Man's Sky is suppose to come out, but who knows.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

If virtualboyCOLOR hadn't lost his Doom challenge he'd be having a field day right now.

These AAA delays are getting to the point where they're going to implode soon.

Hahah I forgot all about that challenge. Very glad he lost. The Wii U thread hated his posting.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

I said come in! posted:

Hahah I forgot all about that challenge. Very glad he lost. The Wii U thread hated his posting.

Sorry for off-topic, but does someone have a link to that challenge thread? I completely missed it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Baggot posted:

Sorry for off-topic, but does someone have a link to that challenge thread? I completely missed it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703081

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Sony are really loving up lately, they are going to sell less than Xbox again this holiday period.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Tide posted:

Sucky news, but yeah: release an Uncharted Remaster. Pretty please. With sugar on top.

At least The Division is coming out soon-ish. Maybe.

It will probably get delayed (again), too

I wish I could be excited about that, but every piece of information that has come out about the Division since it's E3 trailer has been incredibly disappointing. The trailer sold it as an intense gritty 3rd person shooter with open world exploration and open world dynamic PVP. All the information since then has painted it as an RPG where levels/items are more important than technical skill, and everything is instanced. The company compares it to Destiny, but in a different setting.

I guess that will still make some people excited, but it went from being one of my most anticipated games to something I probably will pass up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

El Hefe posted:

Sony are really loving up lately, they are going to sell less than Xbox again this holiday period.

Persona 5 will hopefully bail them out but not for 2015, I doubt it will be out in America this year. Just Japan.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Is the Vanishing of Ethan Carter still coming to PS4? I know it's been out for a while on PC, but at this point I've pretty much lost all interest in PC gaming.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Megasabin posted:

I wish I could be excited about that, but every piece of information that has come out about the Division since it's E3 trailer has been incredibly disappointing. The trailer sold it as an intense gritty 3rd person shooter with open world exploration and open world dynamic PVP. All the information since then has painted it as an RPG where levels/items are more important than technical skill, and everything is instanced. The company compares it to Destiny, but in a different setting.

I guess that will still make some people excited, but it went from being one of my most anticipated games to something I probably will pass up.

I'm polar opposite. Destiny in a different setting would be awesome (for me). I'm still going to get demolished because my twitch skills with a controller are terrible, but I'm looking forward to the environment. And if I can have some fun with it without really ever having to PvP? I'm ok with that. Maybe I ought to look into the xim4 or whatever it's called.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

nate fisher posted:

No Man's Sky is suppose to come out, but who knows.

I want this game to exist so badly that I really hope Sony throws even more money at them to get it done by holiday. It has potential to be a bit of a system-seller if it delivers on even half its promises.

Thing is it's being made by an indie studio and I don't know if Sony are throwing them enough money to straight up hire more people.

That said the most recent videos we've seen from the game make it look like a lot of it is in a playable state so I'm kinda cautiously hopeful. Uncharted 4 I'm totally mediocre on so the delay doesn't bother me. What really bothers me is that Naughty Dog said they're not going to even start on a sequel to Last of Us until UC4 is sorted out. :(

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Destiny, but not so aggressively player unfriendly would be nice.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Megasabin posted:

The company compares it to Destiny, but in a different setting.
Welp never buying The Division ever

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Syrinxx posted:

Welp never buying The Division ever

Between that and being a UBISoft title post-2014 disaster year, I had written the game off a while ago. I think a lot of people on this forum did the same.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Are you guys seriously saying indie game No Man's Sky is going to help Sony sell PS4s? lol

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Harlock posted:

Destiny, but not so aggressively player unfriendly would be nice.

Yeah, a Destiny with better reasons to explore and less lovely grind would be nice actually.

As for what else is coming out this year, isn't Galak-Z due out this year? That game looks cool as hell.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
No I think more of that's probably one of the games that hopefully not get delayed.

Come on dude this ain't Neogaf. :v:

Least there is Arkham Knight and MGS5, but yeah wow didn't know sony was lacking in titles for the last quarter.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I use to look forward to Sony's first party games, but the quality of their exclusives have been so random in the last year. Good games were MLB The Show, DriveClub, and Infamous Second Son. But then they put the Order, and LittleBigPlanet 3.

Bloodborne will help the PS4. :eyepop:

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

El Hefe posted:

Are you guys seriously saying indie game No Man's Sky is going to help Sony sell PS4s? lol

Nope, but to be honest Sony doesn't really need any help selling PS4s right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

El Hefe posted:

Very few games actually move consoles.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

I use to look forward to Sony's first party games, but the quality of their exclusives have been so random in the last year. Good games were MLB The Show, DriveClub, and Infamous Second Son. But then they put the Order, and LittleBigPlanet 3.

Bloodborne will help the PS4. :eyepop:

Bloodborne is the only game you've mentioned that interests me.

Luckily until BB comes out, I've got Oddworld and Helldivers. But yeah some decent exclusives would be really nice.

Should I even bother with Killzone Shadowfall?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Zaphod42 posted:

No

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zaphod42 posted:

How much do you like really pretty linear generic shooters?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Bloodborne is the only game you've mentioned that interests me.

Luckily until BB comes out, I've got Oddworld and Helldivers. But yeah some decent exclusives would be really nice.

I got Killzone from a friend for free and felt ripped off.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Zaphod42 posted:

If you find yourself with nothing else to play on the system and you can get it for $20 or less, then yes.

Otherwise, no.

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
Killzone was pretty and had a cool drone you could use. Story was average Scifi shooter. It's nothing special but it's not bad. If you can get it for cheap, do it.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

I wonder if they have something planned for E3, like unannounced games coming out this fall. Bend studio would have been working on a game for like 3 years, hell even Guerilla Games will have been two years since Killzone. Santa Monica hasn't released a full game in years, poo poo its even been two years for Polyphony Digital since GT6, though that means they might have finished the main menu for GT7.

Sony is awful about communicating things.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

precision posted:

I want this game to exist so badly that I really hope Sony throws even more money at them to get it done by holiday. It has potential to be a bit of a system-seller if it delivers on even half its promises.

Money is all well and good, but if they rush it, it may end up being less awesome than it would have. (Or broken.)

[edit] Hey where's that Caveman game we saw? And Rime? Rimelands?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 11, 2015

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

El Hefe posted:

Honestly? I expect No Man's Sky is going to sell more PS4s than Halo 5 is going to sell Xbones, especially after the MCC.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Forced multiplayer with a random pub as Drake's brother.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

El Hefe posted:

People who buy consoles for one single game are really stupid but I think Titanfall is the only recent game where that is something that actually happened. But plenty of people do factor exclusives into their choice of console, oddly enough, yes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Delusibeta posted:

Honestly? I expect No Man's Sky is going to sell more PS4s than Halo 5 is going to sell Xbones, especially after the MCC.

I think Street Fighter is going to sell more PS4s than No Man's Sky will.

Its both indie and kinda niche. If anything will love No Man's Sky, its the PC platform. Some people will buy it on PS4, but not that many.

Street Fighter on the other hand is more cosole-focused and much more mainstream.

precision posted:

People who buy consoles for one single game are really stupid but I think Titanfall is the only recent game where that is something that actually happened. But plenty of people do factor exclusives into their choice of console, oddly enough, yes.

I feel really really sorry for anybody who bought a console to play Titanfall.

But then again I bought a bone to play MCC so I guess I'm the sucker :negative:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yeah plus this isn't Ultra/Chapmion/whatever but Street Fighter 5, it's going to be pretty successful even if we can nitpick about engine similarities it not having the massive graphical leap of the previous sequels.

precision posted:

A lot people got PS3s on launch day for Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts 3.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I kinda wanted to by a Bone just to have for a few exclusives but it doesn't look like it has many exclusives worth buying for the foreseeable future. My PS4 is in storage until we move in a couple weeks. Surprising how little I've missed it.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Tide posted:

I kinda wanted to by a Bone just to have for a few exclusives but it doesn't look like it has many exclusives worth buying for the foreseeable future. My PS4 is in storage until we move in a couple weeks. Surprising how little I've missed it.

I may feel the same if I hadn't been playing a crap ton of dying light. It's the best multiplayer coop I've seen in a game like that. I really really hope elder scrolls 6 or FO4 do it identically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Lmao Project CARS delayed to mid-May.

• Locked thread