Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Trig Discipline posted:

jfc

i'd be as likely to get under the bus as on it

it was p miserable. the public transit system in LA is really good, and reseda is really like a poo poo little enclave that doesn't deserve it, but the bus that ran from right by the house went to the north hollywood subway then down to the middle of downtown where I work. but the time was screwy on it, so i'd have to leave at around 6:45 to get to work at 9, then i'd get home at about eight PM and do it all over again the next day.

i love my job and the people i work with, so i guess it was actually kinda worth it, even though i make poo poo money for my trouble.

but now i moved closer to work intentionally, just to avoid that fuckery. now i only have to hit the bus stop about 45 minutes before my shift starts and i am good to go. it is heaven to be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

the most shameful snipe

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Smythe posted:

if u live in burbank u can goto the pinapple saloon in sherman oaks for an authentic epic fail valley bar

but I have my own bar in north hollywood. and it doesn't epic fail. dozens of "goons" have "been" "there" and many still "visit" "us" regularly. you'll know you have found it if you see a twelve foot false "door". use the "other" one.

all "goons" get a draft/shot on me if I'm working. ask the bartenders for scott.

ps I love the valley

pps I have a garage as well as a parking space

ppps yeah, amberpos does not befit such a glorious parking space

pppps still not three olives

Clockwork Sputnik fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 11, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

du -hast posted:

I lived in reseda for four months and i can tell you that it is epic fail, i have a 2 hour commute on the bus each way to downtown LA where I work as a computer janitor

Then I moved to by MacArthur park. 15 minute commute bitches, and I can walk to work but its like 2 miles.

i think reseda is mentioned in a frank zappa song. that is my total knowledge of reseda

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
my commute is about an hour and a half, but i only do it one day a week. plus it's a train through a couple of absolutely stunning national parks, so it's really quite nice. today i saw dolphins on the way home

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Trig Discipline posted:

my commute is about an hour and a half, but i only do it one day a week. plus it's a train through a couple of absolutely stunning national parks, so it's really quite nice. today i saw dolphins on the way home

that's not a commute; it's a scenic trip :rant:

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Mar 11, 2015

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

feels good to be above average

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAVCaUonrbE
at 13:37, fittingly enough

also perfect video title

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

also perfect video title

:wth:

also, they misspelled "curated" :spergin:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

du -hast posted:

the public transit system in LA is really good, ... i'd have to leave at around 6:45 to get to work at 9, then i'd get home at about eight PM and do it all over again the next day.
now i only have to hit the bus stop about 45 minutes before my shift starts

lol

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

la is a giant loving area. like huge. a massive urban sprawl. so if there is a bus that can get me from bitch-rear end reseda to downtown los angeles, i'm pretty greateful for it. i lived in tucson for a couple years. their buses stop running at five and are terrible. los angeles transit is pretty fukcing good for the area they have to cover. like surprisingly so. you just gotta avoid the south la buses / trains unless you want to get robbed or have to listen to lovely rap music from one of those portable speaker things because the people, who i shall not name, who use these things just think that if they like this stupid song about riding around in cadillacs and stealing welfare checks, that means that everyone on the loving bus or train wants to listen to it at full volume.

anyway, la is cool and the transsit system is ok to. and I can walk to work. either way im stuck here, but at least i have a job

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nothing about buses is cool or good.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

nothing about windows is cool or good.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

nothing about buses is cool or good.

i took the bus this morning, and it was much more pleasant than driving through boston

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if ur in boston the t is ok except where it goes above ground. lol nice work you idiots. you made a subway that goes above ground.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

prefect posted:

i took the bus this morning, and it was much more pleasant than driving through boston

yeah

fuckin owned shaggar. eat my dick u gay fag.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
lol are we inverse-bragging about bad commutes now?

i had an internship in portland one summer, had to take a combination of bus & max light rail to go from gresham to beaverton. spent 3.5 hours in the morning going to work, and 4.5 hours coming back, because the last leg bus stops at 6pm so i had to walk an extra ~3 miles. was kind of nice in a meditative way, but not very good for getting anywhere in a hurry. i spent more time going to and from the office than i spent at work. owned

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Raluek posted:

lol are we inverse-bragging about bad commutes now?

i had an internship in portland one summer, had to take a combination of bus & max light rail to go from gresham to beaverton. spent 3.5 hours in the morning going to work, and 4.5 hours coming back, because the last leg bus stops at 6pm so i had to walk an extra ~3 miles. was kind of nice in a meditative way, but not very good for getting anywhere in a hurry. i spent more time going to and from the office than i spent at work. owned

wth, Portland doesn't have light rail

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Shaggar posted:

wth, Portland doesn't have light rail

the good one does. backwards least coast p-town may not

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
fake west coast Portland is so sad

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
japan has a Worst Robot competition lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46ivFpsmEVQ

e: skip to 6 mins to see all the fights

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 11, 2015

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

no you have to watch the whole thing

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
stolen from politoons:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Yodzilla posted:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

prefect posted:

stolen from politoons:

every panel is gold

this is so much more entertaining than battlebots ever was

my favorite is the robot that somebody forgot on the train, although the wheeled tape recorder that just rolls down an incline is a close runner-up

the whole video is great

duTrieux. fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 11, 2015

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Yodzilla posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

du -hast posted:

I lived in reseda for four months and i can tell you that it is epic fail, i have a 2 hour commute on the bus each way to downtown LA where I work as a computer janitor

we are all in some way or another going to reseda

someday

to die

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

e: not a pic

duTrieux. fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 11, 2015

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
p sure this is the longest ANSI i've ever seen

made a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v5a0bcRmRo

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Kenny Logins posted:

also perfect video title

lucas aside, that was actually interesting.

but physicists are a terrible looking bunch. please go outside once in a while.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

PS. Love the cabin posted:

this isnt even funny anymore which makes the effort even more depressing
gently caress

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

duTrieux. posted:

every panel is gold

this is so much more entertaining than battlebots ever was

my favorite is the robot that somebody forgot on the train, although the wheeled tape recorder that just rolls down an incline is a close runner-up

the whole video is great

my favourite is the time one of the contestants lost her robot on the subway so she sent a picture of herself having a beer instead

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Context: Paradox Interactive added a free "great women" DLC to Europa Universalis 4 in celebration of International Women's Day

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Segmentation Fault posted:

Context: Paradox Interactive added a free "great women" DLC to Crusader Kings 2 in celebration of International Women's Day

ahahaha

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Context: Paradox Interactive added a free "great women" DLC to Europa Universalis 4 in celebration of International Women's Day

if trolling gamers could spin a turbine

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Jonny 290 posted:

p sure this is the longest ANSI i've ever seen

made a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v5a0bcRmRo

• Locked thread