Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

I seem to have missed that part. When did it happen?

When he told Fitz to go get the Destroyer gun he said 'go get Bambino'.

I wonder what happened to the 084 particle beam. I mean, Garret shrugged Bambino off but the 084 vaporised DeathlockGarret without breaking a sweat.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

MikeJF posted:

When he told Fitz to go get the Destroyer gun he said 'go get Bambino'.

I wonder what happened to the 084 particle beam. I mean, Garret shrugged Bambino off but the 084 vaporised DeathlockGarret without breaking a sweat.

I think that in this situation, Coulson's preference was to avoid atomizing Lady Sif and the friendly-ish Kree.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
He told Fitz to go get Bambino during the "gently caress that gently caress You" scene.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Promo for next week's episode "One of Us", featuring more Muad'Dad and assorted minor supervillains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vs1QyzPc_M

It sure is cool of them to bypass the 'monster of the week' format and dump a bunch of monsters into one week. :allears:

Who's the black guy that May is talking to?

Onean posted:

I gave up Orphan Black two or three episodes in because of it, though. Thought about giving it another chance, but I have too many other shows that I care more about and too big of a Stream backlog to give it a serious try.

That's a shame but probably for the best. There are a few funny soccer mom bits because of the trope though.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Fitz is easily my favorite of the main cast, followed by Daisy. I remember after the hypoxia episode of being afraid that he was about to transition into more of a guest star.

Edit: Phil and May also own

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

It sure is cool of them to bypass the 'monster of the week' format and dump a bunch of monsters into one week. :allears:

Who's the black guy that May is talking to?

May's ex-husband.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I'm probably being dense not knowing this, but where did the Muad'Dad nickname come from?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jetfire posted:

I'm probably being dense not knowing this, but where did the Muad'Dad nickname come from?

In the movie Dune Kyle MacLachlan played Paul Atreides aka Muad'Dib

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

NecroMonster posted:

There is virtually no way that Mack and Bobbi aren't working for HIll/Stark.

Good possibility, unless they are Skrulls.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
Can I be pissed that they just got people speaking Brazilian on what is supposed to be Portugal? I am Portuguese and that took me right of the episode :( that and mustachioed cop.

Anyway. Little quibbles. Love seeing Sif and the Kree actually playing a part in the inhumans. Although it would seem that they are not a thriving society like in the comics.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

just_a_guy posted:

Can I be pissed that they just got people speaking Brazilian on what is supposed to be Portugal? I am Portuguese and that took me right of the episode :( that and mustachioed cop.

Anyway. Little quibbles. Love seeing Sif and the Kree actually playing a part in the inhumans. Although it would seem that they are not a thriving society like in the comics.

They at least have some sort of society, given eyeless dude. I'm wondering if it's an alternate dimension or underground sort of thing. Surely there's another place to activate the diviners.

Vendetta
Jun 30, 2002

I'm in pieces.
I loved the slight fake-out at the end of the episode - I thought she was going to run away to Agent Dad, but as it turns out she's much smarter than that. She ran to the best safest place for her to be... the interrogation room on The Bus. Which is made of vibranium...

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Cal did nothing wrong.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I don't know why this scene was deleted. It's clearly the best scene from last night's episode.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kheldarn posted:

I don't know why this scene was deleted. It's clearly the best scene from last night's episode.

Mack needs that hat

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Can we get a memory-less Sif at the start of every episode please?

Her face when they said she knows Odin, and the Thor thing. Good stuff.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

mikeraskol posted:

Can we get a memory-less Sif at the start of every episode please?

Her face when they said she knows Odin, and the Thor thing. Good stuff.

May's face during the Thor bit was classic.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

just_a_guy posted:

They speak Portuguese in Brazil. Just because you're a racist piece of poo poo that doesn't want to admit browns speak your language doesn't change the facts of the matter.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I imagine the dialect is quite different though.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Hobohemian posted:

They speak Portuguese in Brazil. Just because you're a racist piece of poo poo that doesn't want to admit browns speak your language doesn't change the facts of the matter.

Wow. This truly is an amazing conclusion to draw from what I said. What I was referring to was that it is akin to seeing a show set in New York where everyone has British accents....
Particularly considering just how "brown" I am....

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Hobohemian posted:

One day I will write a show set in Alabama where everyone speaks Hawaiian Creole English and think of you. You have shown me the way past my bigotry in ways I didn't even know existed.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Polaron posted:

May's face during the Thor bit was classic.

Stolen shamelessly from tumblr

just_a_guy posted:

Wow. This truly is an amazing conclusion to draw from what I said. What I was referring to was that it is akin to seeing a show set in New York where everyone has British accents....

Don't worry dude I understand the frustration. I sometimes get irked if I hear a French-Canadian vs France French dubbing or something.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Hobohemian posted:

just_a_guy posted:

Girls, girls, you're both pretty.

Xtanstic posted:

Don't worry dude I understand the frustration. I sometimes get irked if I hear a French-Canadian vs France French dubbing or something.

Does it count that I get irked when shows make all Canadians have that Maritime accent?

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Does it count that I get irked when shows make all Canadians have that Maritime accent?

Lets nip this in the bud before ir derails till next week. I loved seeing "Pete" on television again. I was a sucker for warehouse 13.
I wonder if we will get to see with who the krees were waring against. In GOTG it was the xandarians but I doubt that they are the ones in that war millenia ago

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Ensign_Ricky posted:

But which one is more racist? It's vitally important to my online identity that I know this.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

just_a_guy posted:

Lets nip this in the bud before ir derails till next week. I loved seeing "Pete" on television again. I was a sucker for warehouse 13.
I wonder if we will get to see with who the krees were waring against. In GOTG it was the xandarians but I doubt that they are the ones in that war millenia ago

Pretty sure it was a reference to the Skrulls.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Codependent Poster posted:

Pretty sure it was a reference to the Skrulls.

Were the aliens in avengers ever identified as skrulls? I seem to think so for some reason but that would be weird when ronan Went to thanos for subcontracting

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

just_a_guy posted:

Were the aliens in avengers ever identified as skrulls? I seem to think so for some reason but that would be weird when ronan Went to thanos for subcontracting

No, they are Chitauri

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

mikeraskol posted:

No, they are Chitauri

That explains the confusion. If memory serves those were ultimate skrulls

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I think it would be great if Mack and Bobbi did turn out to be Skrulls/Kree if only because Hunter made a crack that he and Bobbi broke up because she wasn't human a few times. That would be some sick irony and foreshadowing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

just_a_guy posted:

That explains the confusion. If memory serves those were ultimate skrulls

Yes but they have since been spun off into their own species.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I hope next time Sif comes back for a couple of episodes in a row, hangs out with the team for a small storyline rather than dropping in and out.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I think that in this situation, Coulson's preference was to avoid atomizing Lady Sif and the friendly-ish Kree.

Oh yeah, I was just wondering. Plus it's a pretty good threat to level.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

The MSJ posted:

Promo for next week's episode "One of Us"

I can't be the only one to read that episode title and think of a circle of weird-looking Inhumans shouting, "gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble!!"

Marvel's really handling MCU intellectual property restrictions in style. They're jumping headfirst into the relevant themes from X-Men without any X-Men, and they got Spider-Man back.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You know what this show needs? Kymellians

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Mojo was the best Marvel alien but I'm pretty sure he counts as an X-men property.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hobohemian posted:

Isn't it more racist you think people from Portugal are (all) white?

*edited because it sounded racist, the iRony.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 12, 2015

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

Fitz is easily my favorite of the main cast, followed by Daisy. I remember after the hypoxia episode of being afraid that he was about to transition into more of a guest star.

Edit: Phil and May also own

Actually, I would say that every single character on this show owns. This is in stark contrast to Arrow and Flash, which are also very good shows but have certain characters that are either very boring or very badly written.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Rocksicles posted:

Isn't it more racist you think people from Portugal are white?

oh wow

Will this top the "Agent Carter is too sexist/Agent Carter isn't sexist enough" topic?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sexism is fine, now take that sweet rear end and make me some coffee, toots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Is Ward white?

I think they left it open to interpretation.

• Locked thread