Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Chucat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MaiCJ9E6xE there's the intro song if you mean that, if there's another version of this then I also want to hear it.

Rather conveniently it's the first song there.

Ah yeah that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

NowonSA posted:

Hopefully this wasn't already posted, since it's a week old on YouTube, but behold the sickest DBZ figure that will ever exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22hp-WBoTTc

Love_that_Goku

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Falunconer made DBZ even better. Some of the tracks are just super good and give a lot of the fights and events in the series the proper "feel" to them

Yeah the transition of music during Cells death is awkward but everything up to that point owns and the music is a large part of that

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I like the U.S. and original Japanese music equally; the different music and voices gives the show two entirely different feels, in which I like both. Variety is the spice of life and all of that.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The best song from Kai is "The Formidable Warrior, The Saiyan".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TerK-VPLvuc

The original kai soundtrack is realy good, its just a shame they couldnt use it anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAPl0bsAGyc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTi3s44Ylv4

I did notice the DBZA guys have used bits of it so I guess in a way it still is being used.

I dont ever remember any of the original dub music standing out to me, although the ssj3 theme is epic.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I've been hearing a lot that Kenji Yamamoto plagiarizes a lot of music.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He got called out on it with Kai. Stealing music from Avatar and the latest Terminator was dumb.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

NowonSA posted:

Hopefully this wasn't already posted, since it's a week old on YouTube, but behold the sickest DBZ figure that will ever exist.

Expected something like Sader. That is indeed :sicknasty:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

He uses the Ginyu Transformation Theme as Cell dies. loving terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es9Fk6v5n-0

DBZ Music snob up in this bitch.

:goonsay:

Ginyu Transformation owns and is used for Frieza's death, Cell's death, and Kid Buu blowing up Earth.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'd forgotten it was Ginyu's music originally, it works fine for Cell's death, though people are right the transition is pretty jarring

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He straight up had not-Bolero playing on Namek. I started to wonder if it was public domain.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
im of the opinion that the big fight vs vegeta and nappa in the sayain saga is the most brutal in the series. the first parts of dbz were way more...idk savage, just look at the difference between that fight and even the big frieza epic (and the recoome fight has that feel as well) compared to the sort of sanitized ones androids and beyond

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Did Americans not hear this music then?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HOZwFpaHuw

As someone who did not grow up with the US dub, and in fact knew next to nothing about it other than it introduced huge dialogue edits, censorhip and different music, it always amazes me how american goons actually enjoy generic midi synth stuff in place of the extremely well done japanese score. I guess nostalgia and associating music with beloved scenes is a big factor...

Spidder fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 11, 2015

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

tbp posted:

im of the opinion that the big fight vs vegeta and nappa in the sayain saga is the most brutal in the series. the first parts of dbz were way more...idk savage, just look at the difference between that fight and even the big frieza epic (and the recoome fight has that feel as well) compared to the sort of sanitized ones androids and beyond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYEZqVHObDQ&t=170s

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Piccolo vs 17 is one of my favourite fights in DBZ

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Piccolo vs 17 is one of my favourite fights in DBZ

Same here, it's was a brutally close matchup and it showed.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It's one of my favorite fights, too. It's one of the last fights in DBZ that actually have some good hand-to-hand stuff. A lot of the later fights when they engage hand-to-hand it's just that repeating super fast I'm-punching-you-are-dodging over and over. While it's true they do this through the whole series, I actually really like when their whacky Kung Faux is drawn. Weird hand positions and funky karate chops. Tien was a joy to watch in Dragon Ball. Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga was another one, weird two-finger punches and chopsocky axe kicks.

I wished there was more emphasis on the "how" they fight, or their styles. I wanted Vegeta to sneer at lovely Earthling Turtle Style and remark that his dad had the best dojo on Planet Vegeta or something. I wanted there to be lip service that although Krillin is weak, the fundamentals of his style are closer to Kamesennin and Goku sort of took a Bruce Lee approach and cannibalized it and added his own thing. I wanted Yamcha to get the Dan Hibiki treatment, he was too lazy to learn anything after the Kamehameha and just defaulted to his gross Desert Bandit Wolf Style.

It's weird to me that almost zero physical techniques get the same treatment as the other special moves and stuff in DBZ. There's what? Jan-Ken? Wolf Fang Fist? Volleyball Fist? Super Dragon Fist or whatever is one, I guess. The rest is pretty much entirely Dragon Ball. I wanted Cell to bluff that he could attack every pressure point in your body like Kenshiro, or Vegeta to name his Captain Kirk sledgehammer punch.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 11, 2015

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Piccolo vs 17 is definitely top 3 for me along with Goku vs Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga and Goku vs Cell.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Firstborn posted:

Super Dragon Fist or whatever is one, I guess.

Super Dragon Fist is the laziest attack ever. It's literally just a punch but with a golden dragon effect over it.

Xenoverse has some good strike supers and ultimates. Orin Temple Combo is awesome and really kung fu-ish.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Shinjobi posted:

He straight up had not-Bolero playing on Namek. I started to wonder if it was public domain.

It depends on the country. Ravel died in 1937, so at the very earliest it would have entered public domain in 1987.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Just saw Battle of the Gods for the first time and loved it. It was great to see Dragonball be so light-hearted again and have its cast do something other than the old 'my god ... that power ... it's unreal ...' schtick. There was alot of comedy which was actually pretty funny too and the fighting looked great for actually having some decent choreography and variation, it really was a fantastic continuation of the series.

Also as much as I've praised the Faulconer score those fan-edits for the film with his music are downright comically inappropriate. Vegeta's Final Flash theme to his second wind against Beerus was hillarious

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

NowonSA posted:

:eyepop:

I want this as my alarm clock

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

NowonSA posted:

Holy loving poo poo am I in the future :stare: this is some next level Star Wars poo poo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think Goku vs Majin Vegeta gets enough love as a fight scene

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

bowmore posted:

Honestly it's always been one of my favorites. In fact, I've always liked it better than their first fight. I feel like their first fight isn't anything all that special, Vegeta's just Another Bad Guy. But by the time you get to the Majin Vegeta fight they've got a lot of history between them, and I feel like it adds an extra level to the fight.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bowmore posted:

The part where Goku gets energy cuffed to the mountain and then breaks chunks of rock off he's still cuffed to and hits Vegeta with them is so sick.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm finally watching BoG and I gotta say this exchange is probably my favorite thing in the movie and possibly the entire official dub:

Bulma: "A God?!"
Beerus: "Yup."
Bulma: "Well that's stupid."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
To be fair, Bulma's been around for all of the dumb stuff ever since the beginning of the series, and now something even crazier than all of that before is happening on her birthday.

She's just so done with all of this poo poo.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I just started rewatching the Goku vs Majin Vegeta fight.

It's really weird how Goku just non-chalantly goes SSJ2 as soon as Gohan is out of view. It's not even immediately obvious what he's done at first, he's just casually surpassed the grand finale of the previous season with a flex.

Power creep, man.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I think the biggest example of power creep is how Goten and Trunks learn to go super sayian when they're seven.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Covok posted:

I think the biggest example of power creep is how Goten and Trunks learn to go super sayian when they're seven.

You needed 6 super saiyins to make a Super Saiyin god and Pan apparently counted even though she was a fetus. Even if you ignore the SSJ requirement that baby is apparently still stronger than Tarble because Vegeta says he'd be too weak to help them with the ritual.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 11, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Super Saiyan begins at conception

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kurtofan posted:

Saiyin blood seems to be more powerful the less Saiyin you are. poo poo is dumb.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Saiyin blood seems to be more powerful the less Saiyin you are. poo poo is dumb.

Hybrid vigor, yo!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

bowmore posted:

it's the best fight in the buu saga by a wide margin.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Eh, my theory has always been that Goten/Trunks could only transform because the transformation was passed down somehow. If anything this only helps that argument.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also one of my favorite fights is 18 vs Vegeta. For the past couple months, since its debut (barring Goku having a heart attack), Super Saiyan has been a win button essentially effortlessly. The heroes have the momentum and are feeling good. Then all of a sudden we are back to early Namek levels of having to crawl around and hide because we can't beat the villains head on.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What are you talking about, it's the same principle as homeopathic medicine, the one true science!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Also one of my favorite fights is 18 vs Vegeta. For the past couple months, since its debut (barring Goku having a heart attack), Super Saiyan has been a win button essentially effortlessly. The heroes have the momentum and are feeling good. Then all of a sudden we are back to early Namek levels of having to crawl around and hide because we can't beat the villains head on.
also it's like the one real fight a female character ever had in all of dragon ball, which is nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Endorph posted:

also it's like the one real fight a female character ever had in all of dragon ball, which is nice

One of the reasons I like the Bio-Broly movie is that 18 got to do stuff again.

• Locked thread