Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's like good advice that you just can't take (because of Dunning-Kruger).

Who would have thought.

It figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
It's a free ride when you've already paid.(because you're not a leftist parasite)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It's like meeting the man of your dreams, and then meeting his beautiful waifu.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It's like a no-smoking sign, on your *cough* cigar *cough* break *cough* *cough*.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It's a black fly in your bourbon that you just swirl around endlessly and never drink

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Yeah that's a spinoff of a spinoff of a forum dedicated to complaining about goons.

I feel like we're going to get to a point with these spinoff forums where one of the members goes back in time, becomes Lowtax, and founds SomethingAwful to ensure some sort of cosmogonic idiot cycle.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I like searching for my username and finding people calling me an SJW in the spinoff forums, makes me feel like I'm an important member of the SA community :3:

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Are people really that mad that 'ironic' racism has stopped being funny? I mean, the forum has cleaned up somewhat but we're not exactly a bastion of political correctness.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

A White Guy posted:

Are people really that mad that 'ironic' racism has stopped being funny? I mean, the forum has cleaned up somewhat but we're not exactly a bastion of political correctness.

A not insignificant portion of the 'ironic' bigotry and sexism crowd were actually just being honest about their thoughts and figured others we're too.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Punks back in the 70's used to wear swastikas to be shocking, but then knocked it off because it created a welcoming environment for Nazis. Nerds are having a lot of problems learning the same lesson.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

A White Guy posted:

Are people really that mad that 'ironic' racism has stopped being funny?
The people that are mad are the people who were joking/not-joking.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I don't understand why we're talking about ironic racism, because the racism of the people this thread is about is neither ironic, nor pretending to be.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
My theory is that steampunk finally metastasized into full-time Victorian LARPing.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

I don't understand why we're talking about ironic racism, because the racism of the people this thread is about is neither ironic, nor pretending to be.

I was wondering this too

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

neonnoodle posted:

My theory is that steampunk finally metastasized into full-time Victorian LARPing.

bring back polio

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

neonnoodle posted:

My MP is way ahead of them on that one. It's terrifying and hilarious how often the stuff these folks aspire to actually happens in British politics.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

bring back polio

Crossovers with the anti-vaxx movement?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ronwayne posted:

Vaccination does provide the weak with an ability to survive the plagues meant to cull our species of our lessers. :newt:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Ronwayne posted:

Convince them vaccines are a feminist obama plot to emasculate them and lower their testosterone levels

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Convince them vaccines are a feminist obama plot to emasculate them and lower their testosterone levels

I don't know, these seem like the kind of people who think autism is a superpower.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I don't know, these seem like the kind of people who think autism is a superpower.
Well it makes you super smart about stuff right? And makes you stop caring about communicating with all these cro-magnon motherfuckers and dealing with their "feels".

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Looks like Fat agreed to get back together with Bald for the sake of the kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaeIUUllSqs

I guess he finally realized that he got hit all those times because he deserved it and Bald only does it because he loves him so much it scares him. And God knows Fat is so ugly and worthless he'd never be able to find anyone else. He didn't know what he was thinking. So clumsy he walked right into that doorknob.

Or Bald has Fat chained up in the basement with only a keyboard to communicate.

Or Bald is faking the whole thing.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

lol

e: oh poo poo, someone put out an apb for The Skull!

sub supau has a new favorite as of 14:36 on Mar 13, 2015

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Jack Gladney posted:

I've never understood the impulse to bully someone before, but I swear to god it would be so satisfying to just knock the books out of that bald fucker's arms and push him over. Like, it flies in the face of everything I know and believe, but wouldn't you relish the chance to dunk his head in a toilet with the knowledge that he'd be humiliated for the rest of the day every time someone asked him why his shirt was wet and whether he was ok?

I long to humiliate him in front of his father. This may be genuine mental illness on my part.

same

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
This is two months late, but the New York Times hired (and within a week or two, let go of) Razib Khan, an "evolutionary race realist". Is he one of these neoreactionary clowns?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
As far as I can tell he's just a racist jerk. He doesn't seem to be into monarchy, extreme proprietarianism, or any other neoreactionary bugbears other than psuedoscientific racism.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

This is two months late, but the New York Times hired (and within a week or two, let go of) Razib Khan, an "evolutionary race realist". Is he one of these neoreactionary clowns?

He hangs out with them, talks to them on twitter, and shows up on their blogrolls. So pretty much, yeah.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Pope Guilty posted:

As far as I can tell he's just a racist jerk. He doesn't seem to be into monarchy, extreme proprietarianism, or any other neoreactionary bugbears other than psuedoscientific racism.

He's one of those guys who was part of a pre-existing group of thinking man's klansmen but is now friendly with nerd fascists. Like Steve Sailer or John Derbyshire.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

He's one of those guys who was part of a pre-existing group of thinking man's klansmen but is now friendly with nerd fascists. Like Steve Sailer or John Derbyshire.

Sailer and Derbyshire are just old-school Republican racists in the William F. Buckley vein, though, and I'd connect them to neoconservatism rather than neoreaction.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Pope Guilty posted:

Sailer and Derbyshire are just old-school Republican racists in the William F. Buckley vein, though, and I'd connect them to neoconservatism rather than neoreaction.

Sure, politically but they post in the comments section of NRx blogs, so I'd say they're involved with the sphere even if they don't draw from it.

I'm sure some Neo-reactionary has a chart or graph of exactly where they fall on the neoconservative/neoreactionary spectrum though!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Sure, politically but they post in the comments section of NRx blogs, so I'd say they're involved with the sphere even if they don't draw from it.

I'm sure some Neo-reactionary has a chart or graph of exactly where they fall on the neoconservative/neoreactionary spectrum though!

Endless, endless charts, like a 21st century bulletin board covered in yarn and photographs. And just as crazy.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

haha, you don't say...

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Lollin at that tiny femininity completely disconected from the rest of the graph

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

grate deceiver posted:

Lollin at that tiny femininity completely disconected from the rest of the graph

The womenfolk are segregated from the manly men, as was ordained. :mrapig:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

grate deceiver posted:

And that "Red Pill Wifery" is on it

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

And that "Red Pill Wifery" is on it

"Red Pill Wifery", "Judge Bitch", and "Darling Doll". Surely among the greatest woman philosophers of our age.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

haha, you don't say...

This is a pretty unserious chart (lol) with Vox Day not hooked up to the white supremacists and MRAs.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

grate deceiver posted:

Every drat time that chart comes up my eyes just kinda migrate to that corner to see if maybe they've updated it but nope women are still a weird out of place afterthought a third of the size of masculinity and not even attached by anything to anything.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

grate deceiver posted:

My favorite thing is that Roosh V is the closest non-femininity point to femininity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Of course Hans-Hermann Hoppe is on there.