Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

After quite a few camping trips over the last two years I have come to the firm belief that National Parks are steadily turning to garbage, we did Rocky Mountain and that poo poo was like the suburbs of nature. Even Glacier is getting super crowded. Conversely National Forests are just amazing, you can cut your own wood, and cheap. I spent some time in Medicine Bow National Forest and that place was absolutely spectacular. When the clouds are low, like in the second picture the place has this incredible hushed, eerie, feeling to it. I plan to go back for a week or two this summer.

Medicine Bow

Medicine Bow with low clouds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

EXAKT Science posted:

Not pristine mountains or a beautiful vista, but I am having a good hair day and drinking from my favorite coffee mug.

nice hair & mug

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

peter gabriel posted:

We are thinking of having a week there then getting on a train to Seattle for a grunge pilgrimage, does that sound possible?

It's about as possible as going to LA then taking a train to Utah. I always get a kick out of people trying to see the whole northwest all at once, it's pretty big bro

Picnic Princess posted:

Knee pads? Man I wish. Those are knee braces. I have hosed up joints and limp off every mountain.

I hear ya. I went on this "easy" walk this summer and took two weeks to recover. (my photo, note the city in the background)

Regular mountain hikers have knees made of different material, I swear.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

peter gabriel posted:

I think we are going to be booking a holiday to that hotel on Lake Louise!
I've been asked do you ever see the Northern Lights up there and is there plenty to do around the area?
We are thinking of having a week there then getting on a train to Seattle for a grunge pilgrimage, does that sound possible?

Oh yeah, if you like hiking there are dozens upon dozens of trails, from simple flat meanders to actual summits that you only need to walk up. Check Mt. Fairview (not Fairview lookout) one of the easiest mountains to summit with one of the best views you could ask for. Lots of nice restaurants around too. I like the Plain of 6 Glaciers trail, which goes from Louise to an alpine tea house with awesome glacier views, and the Lake Agnes teahouse which is surrounded buy vertical cliffs.

A train is theoretically possible, if you have the cash. There's a Rocky Mountain Rail train that runs through Lake Louise to Vancouver, but last time I checked the trip from Calgary to Vancouver was like $1500 per person. You could bus it, though.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

EXAKT Science posted:

Not pristine mountains or a beautiful vista, but I am having a good hair day and drinking from my favorite coffee mug.

did you thank your grandma for the couch

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

MLS is back and I went out in this cold weather to see it.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

S'up, fellow Mosin owner. :hfive:

Totally not a Mosin.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ruining all the beautiful landscape pictures with another petselfie :hellyeah:

Mostly because Amadeus did my hair for me this morning.

e: that photo made me realize my bangs had gotten way too long, WALLA

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 17:22 on Mar 11, 2015

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Man, that girl you are sitting on sure is cute.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Thank you! :buddy:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Walla? :raise:

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Looking good, bird girl!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It's a PYF thing.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
oh well that clears it right up

Human.Ninja.Dragon
Mar 1, 2011

:wink:

Human.Ninja.Dragon has a new favorite as of 18:34 on Mar 30, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i shaved my face, make pretend i posted a selfie here

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Taken half a year ago, but the only difference is my hair is worse (I'm wearing the same shirt right now)

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

china bot posted:

Taken half a year ago, but the only difference is my hair is worse (I'm wearing the same shirt right now)

Ride the worm Muaddib.

Ride the worm.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Literally a bird's perch human is pretty cute.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

it's from the PYF lovely lifehacks thread.

WALLA!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

WALLA!

lol

Also an actual use for Mt Dew, pretty impressive

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

gnarlyhotep posted:

lol

Also an actual use for Mt Dew, pretty impressive

Sorry, but no. Still only good for obesity.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/food/mountaindew.asp

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

WALLA!

Oh, so it's poorly educated life-hacker's "voil". Literally saying "walla" in Hebrew means something else, so I was really confused seeing it there.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
mt dew is also good for killing your balls, or something. i think that's a myth, though.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Girlfriend's cat jumped on me while I was trimming my beard, so I had to ditch it all.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh, so it's poorly educated life-hacker's "voil". Literally saying "walla" in Hebrew means something else, so I was really confused seeing it there.

Just good old illiteracy!

10 Beers posted:

Girlfriend's cat jumped on me while I was trimming my beard, so I had to ditch it all.

I firmly believe that 99% of men with beards look better without beards, well done cat. :patriot:

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Mar 11, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
quit using your powers as mod to push your anti-beard agenda

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

never :twisted:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

death to beards

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I firmly believe that 99% of men with beards look better without beards, well done cat. :patriot:

Haha, thanks. Apparently it knocked a few years off. I'm 36, and went to a concert the day I shaved, and got carded twice.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

psyopmonkey's going to be mad that you ripped off her trademark smirky face

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

10 Beers posted:

Haha, thanks. Apparently it knocked a few years off. I'm 36, and went to a concert the day I shaved, and got carded twice.

You do look younger for sure.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

psyopmonkey's going to be mad that you ripped off her trademark smirky face

:colbert:

I dont care.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's a also a term that refers to a particular type of background ambient sound in television and film production (specifically the indecipherable murmur of a crowd), although I did assume it was a joke form of voila.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The Mentalizer posted:

It's a also a term that refers to a particular type of background ambient sound in television and film production (specifically the indecipherable murmur of a crowd), although I did assume it was a joke form of voila.

Walla? Interesting.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I am tempted to shave just to test this theory

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Walla? Interesting.

Yeah, it apparently comes from the actors muttering 'walla' over and over to create a kind of indistinct murmuring in the background. Or so I've been told, anyway. These days they all use actual words, but the name stuck.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

The Mentalizer posted:

Yeah, it apparently comes from the actors muttering 'walla' over and over to create a kind of indistinct murmuring in the background. Or so I've been told, anyway. These days they all use actual words, but the name stuck.

Ah, they used "rhubarb" in MST3K to do that.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Dude that walla thing is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Whenever someone says that voila! in my presence I'm going to be questioning myself on whether they said walla or not.

10 Beers posted:

But yeah, I would of never of guessed you were old if you hadn't said it. I thought you were early 20's at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
When I did theater way back in high school, we said "Watermelon" when we wanted to make crowd noises.

Meanwhile, I find the lack of faith in beards in this thread disturbing...