Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Real Name Grover posted:

Michigan's down to Shane Morris and a couple of guys who have never played, right? I'd defer to a Michigan fan but I feel like Rudock is an upgrade over Shane fuckin Morris.

E: Oh, here's one of them. Wilton Speight, graduate of "The Collegiate School." Jesus.

I very much want to mock Michigan's QB situation, but then I remember that Bill O'Brien turned Matt McGloin into a decent Big Ten quarterback. I'm sure Harbaugh can make something out of that poo poo sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Thermos H Christ posted:

pork is dumb as hell go beef

Pulled Pork is pretty good but Brisket is better than anything.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Real Name Grover posted:

Michigan's down to Shane Morris and a couple of guys who have never played, right? I'd defer to a Michigan fan but I feel like Rudock is an upgrade over Shane fuckin Morris.

E: Oh, here's one of them. Wilton Speight, graduate of "The Collegiate School." Jesus.

I dunno, he looks kind of like a less perfect Tom Brady, better start him

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Real Name Grover posted:

Tom Brady doesn't have any eligibility left :colbert:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Raku posted:

I dunno, he looks kind of like a less perfect Tom Brady, better start him

That is an uncanny resemblance.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Thermos H Christ posted:

pork is dumb as hell go beef

Both are 5* recruits, generational talents in the eyes of the smoker.

e: Speaking of food, I'm going to Nashville for the weekend. Where's some good grub?

Dattserberg fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 11, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I very much want to mock Michigan's QB situation, but then I remember that Bill O'Brien turned Matt McGloin into a decent Big Ten quarterback. I'm sure Harbaugh can make something out of that poo poo sandwich.

Morris is really loving bad. Rudock wouldn't be a bad bridge to their young guys, Harbaugh might be able to Alex Smith his way around his limitations. He can move a little, is relatively accurate and doesn't make a ton of mistakes if only because he has a baby arm and is terrified to throw deep.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Dattserberg posted:

Both are 5* recruits, generational talents in the eyes of the smoker.

Exceptional frame, great butt, excellent intangibles (sauce, hickory smoke, etc)... Great fit for our system. Huge get.

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010
Good to see that OUS presdient takes a similar stance to football players. Racism is obviously not ok but it's not worse than hitting a girl in the face and breaking her jaw
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/oklahoma-stands-tall-against-racism-weak-against-violence-031015

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

the chief v2 posted:

Good to see that OUS presdient takes a similar stance to football players. Racism is obviously not ok but it's not worse than hitting a girl in the face and breaking her jaw
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/oklahoma-stands-tall-against-racism-weak-against-violence-031015

I'd say they're both equally lovely, sport.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

the chief v2 posted:

But does hitting girls in the face become a national story that affects recruiting?

Never mind that both of course should

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I mean yes it's lovely and should be pointed out that OU (and lots of places in general) has a problem with violence against women but that doesn't automatically make their response to this incident not ok.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean yes it's lovely and should be pointed out that OU (and lots of places in general) has a problem with violence against women but that doesn't automatically make their response to this incident not ok.

Sometime ago, someone posted "Read the Clay Travis article" in regards to some issue.

To which the first response was something like: ::writes on slip, places in envelope, holds envelope to forehead:: "What are the five most morally reprehensible words since 'I was only following orders?"

He bet that some player he didn't know or like would be gunned down by the age of 24 or something after going pro. He's not a good person to take moral guidance from.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The OU thing is very much Not A Football Story and literally the only thing that can come out of any reasonable discussion about racism and domestic violence is that they are both bad things that people should not do, so maybe we can skip that and talk about something else.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 11, 2015

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
talk about this

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
fireball is the mike's hard lemonade of shots

This is also not about football so I am a huge hypocrit but it is important and I feel strongly about it

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

wheez the roux posted:

talk about this

New av?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

wheez the roux posted:

talk about this

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wheez make that thing your av right now, it owns

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Um fireball is really good in mixers. If you use it for shots you're a lightweight but it tastes Real Good

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
fireball owns for straight chugging from the bottle because it's 35% abv and goes down smooth as hell. you can kill like 1/4 bottle in a pull. plus it keeps you warm when you're stuck in the cold watching a dogshit game. there's a reason it's the pullman drink of choice

also i will make it my av if i can keep it at full size.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
People that order fireball don't tip and are infinitely more likely to get in fights or fall over at the bar

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Jack Daniels is poo poo bourbon for poo poo people, Fireball is only good to mix with other things. That being said I would drink pretty much whatever gets me drunk and makes me not feel things

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Opinions about alcohol are somehow infinitely worse than opinions about BBQ.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm slowly piecing together a sentence that combines all arguments into one single sentence so powerful it kills someone. Like the anti-life equation from the comic books.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Sash! posted:

I'm slowly piecing together a sentence that combines all arguments into one single sentence so powerful it kills someone. Like the anti-life equation from the comic books.

"Actually, it's extremely good."

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sash! posted:

I enjoy Natty Light while eating Well Done steaks at Applebees.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Applebee's spawned Whatsapplebees which is loving hilarious

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

computer parts posted:

I enjoy Natty Light while eating Well Done steaks at Applebees.

This is on the right track, but fails to incorporate geography

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Real Name Grover posted:

Russell Wilson went to The Collegiate School

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

wheez the roux posted:

fireball owns for straight chugging from the bottle because it's 35% abv and goes down smooth as hell. you can kill like 1/4 bottle in a pull. plus it keeps you warm when you're stuck in the cold watching a dogshit game. there's a reason it's the pullman drink of choice

also i will make it my av if i can keep it at full size.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan has something like seven quarterbacks on campus right now. One of them, surely, will be better than Nick Sheridan was.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Morris is really loving bad. Rudock wouldn't be a bad bridge to their young guys, Harbaugh might be able to Alex Smith his way around his limitations. He can move a little, is relatively accurate and doesn't make a ton of mistakes if only because he has a baby arm and is terrified to throw deep.

That works, we don't have any WRs who can go deep anyway.

Neodoomium posted:

Michigan has something like seven quarterbacks on campus right now. One of them, surely, will be better than Nick Sheridan was.

I'm betting after this upcoming year Morris transfers. It's gonna be interesting to see who sticks around.

Next year O'Korn, Gentry, Malzone, Speight, and Morris all are eligible, O'Korn won't transfer again, but I bet Morris and one of Gentry/Malzone go.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Mar 12, 2015

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Heaf posted:

Russell Wilson went to The Collegiate School

Of course he did.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
For no reason other than irrationality, I'm sort of rooting for Zach Gentry. 6'6" 235lb QB? Yes, please.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Sash! posted:

"It's about ethics in game journalism."

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

:unsmith:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Statement from UNC Football Student Athletes: **blank sheet with filled-out heading**

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

Statement from UNC Football Student Athletes: **blank sheet with filled-out heading**

With "A+ Great Job!" written in red ink on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Deteriorata posted:

With "A+ Great Job!" written in red ink on it.

Don't forget the star stickers.

• Locked thread