Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

blinkeve1826 posted:

So Haruki Murakami posted an article about Y2K, the game in which I recently voiced one of the main characters, to his Facebook page and 900,000+ Facebook fans this past weekend. That was pretty cool.

Awesome! Congrats.

A tech video I was hired for is finally out, I think it turned out nice, the animation looks good. We recorded at their studio and I didn't do the audio editing, so there are a couple spots that I would want to smooth out if I could. But overall I am happy with it. And there are a few more of these coming up over the next couple weeks, which is cool. These types of techie scripts are good practice, if anyone wants the copy to practice with I can post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN33Fej9tiU

Also, I got a pretty big VO job in a high-profile game, I have to wait til next month to talk about it though. But I am excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What do people normally record themselves saying for a demo? I'd like to put something together to advertise myself for companies but I'm not really sure what I should record myself saying in order to best sell my voice.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
It's not really to "best" sell your voice, you need to play your strength's do the voices you know for sure you can pull off without a hitch and make demo's of those. If you try to go too wide for popularities sake you'll embarrass yourself.
Just make a few initial recordings of what you want, and what gigs you want to do, see if you're happy with them and try posting them here afterwards if you're unsure and need peer review. Make sure that natural is the best way everything sounds, as trying too hard to do a certain voice will crush peoples suspension of disbelief.

That said I still haven't set up my page...

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I recently remade a scene from Taxi Driver for an online contest and need someone for the voiceover. Most people here speak decent English but heavily accented. Since the deadline is next Friday I don't have time to track down a native English speaker locally. So I was wondering if there was anyone around here who think they can do a good voiceover without getting into De Niro impersonations. I wouldn't be able to pay you since I spent all my money christmassing but it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could take a crack at it.
This is the scene in question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsQypGlE7c8

The text:
"All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. I go all over. I take people to the Bronx, Brooklyn, I take 'em to Harlem. I don't care. Don't make no difference to me. It does to some. Some won't even take spooks. Don't make no difference to me."

and

"Twelve hours of work and I still can't sleep. drat. Days go on and on. They don't end."

This is the contest if you're curious.
http://youtu.be/dkgzam5sU-4?t=7m11s

I had two other shorts fall through in mid-production due to stuff like blizzards and car breakdowns and more blizzards and actor sickness and more storms. So this is plan C basically just so all that effort isn't wasted and I can submit something. Its a bit shakey but a good voiceover could really elevate it and make it decent. If by some miracle it does win I will give the person whose voice I end up using a share of the prize money.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Sounds good. Count me in.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
I might also audition (if I have time) but I'd require a decent percentage if you win.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I'll give it a shot tonight.

I gave it a shot tonight.

4 takes done very late at night...

King Lou fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Dec 24, 2014

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

FreudianSlippers posted:

I recently remade a scene from Taxi Driver for an online contest and need someone for the voiceover. Most people here speak decent English but heavily accented. Since the deadline is next Friday I don't have time to track down a native English speaker locally. So I was wondering if there was anyone around here who think they can do a good voiceover without getting into De Niro impersonations. I wouldn't be able to pay you since I spent all my money christmassing but it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could take a crack at it.
This is the scene in question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsQypGlE7c8

The text:
"All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. I go all over. I take people to the Bronx, Brooklyn, I take 'em to Harlem. I don't care. Don't make no difference to me. It does to some. Some won't even take spooks. Don't make no difference to me."

and

"Twelve hours of work and I still can't sleep. drat. Days go on and on. They don't end."

This is the contest if you're curious.
http://youtu.be/dkgzam5sU-4?t=7m11s

I had two other shorts fall through in mid-production due to stuff like blizzards and car breakdowns and more blizzards and actor sickness and more storms. So this is plan C basically just so all that effort isn't wasted and I can submit something. Its a bit shakey but a good voiceover could really elevate it and make it decent. If by some miracle it does win I will give the person whose voice I end up using a share of the prize money.

Can you post an email address to which we can email recordings? I had a friend of mine give it a go but would prefer to keep it private until/unless selected for use.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Send it to gunnjon90@gmail.com

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 25, 2014

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

King Lou posted:

I'll give it a shot tonight.

I gave it a shot tonight.

4 takes done very late at night...

Fantastic.

I have a lot less time tomorrow than I expected so I had to finish this tonight and couldn't wait for others but this was pretty drat good.
I credited you as "King Lou Fernandez" because that's what Last.Fm says. Hope that's alright.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 15, 2017

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Cool beans. I'm glad it worked out.

Man, is it snowy wherever you are. Gross!

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
Possible to record a bloodcurdling scream in my own room in an apartment (I'm just thinking how awkward it'll be, especially with how many tries I'll probably have to do, not being an actor)? Alternatively, any free scream samples?

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

supermikhail posted:

Possible to record a bloodcurdling scream in my own room in an apartment (I'm just thinking how awkward it'll be, especially with how many tries I'll probably have to do, not being an actor)? Alternatively, any free scream samples?

Check out sounddogs.com they have a lot of clips for use.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
Aaah. The suffering for "male scream pain" is truly legendary. :cenobite: Thank you, human.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

King Lou posted:

Check out sounddogs.com they have a lot of clips for use.

And freesound.org!

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

I had a technical question about recording voice I figured this is probably the best place to post it - if you're working purely with voice (no other instruments or anything) and you're planning on doing a decent bit of EQ and compression (e.g. EQ > Compressor > Normalise > Compressor, or even just EQ > Compressor) is it worthwhile recording at a highter bit depth than your target bit depth?

E.g. If you want a recording at 16bit, would it be better to record at a higher depth (let's say 32bit), perform your processing and then downsample the depth to 16bit? Or is it preferable to always work with your target bit depth? (Not sure if downsample is the right word to use.)

edit:I suppose a better way of asking is which of these would be preferred (unless it depends a lot on the situation);

1. Record at 16 Bit > Apply EQ > Apply Compressor > Done

or

2. Record at 32 Bit > Apple EQ > Appy Compressor > Downsample to 16 Bit > Done

KRILLIN IN THE NAME fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jan 21, 2015

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

I had a technical question about recording voice I figured this is probably the best place to post it - if you're working purely with voice (no other instruments or anything) and you're planning on doing a decent bit of EQ and compression (e.g. EQ > Compressor > Normalise > Compressor, or even just EQ > Compressor) is it worthwhile recording at a highter bit depth than your target bit depth?

E.g. If you want a recording at 16bit, would it be better to record at a higher depth (let's say 32bit), perform your processing and then downsample the depth to 16bit? Or is it preferable to always work with your target bit depth? (Not sure if downsample is the right word to use.)

edit:I suppose a better way of asking is which of these would be preferred (unless it depends a lot on the situation);

1. Record at 16 Bit > Apply EQ > Apply Compressor > Done

or

2. Record at 32 Bit > Apple EQ > Appy Compressor > Downsample to 16 Bit > Done

Since bit depth generally defines the maximum dynamic range of a signal, it would make a difference. Just going from 16 bit to 24 bit will give you greater dynamic range for recording in the first place, so if you have the capability to do it, it's absolutely worth it. I can't speak to the exact consequences of doing a lot of file manipulation in regards to bit depth, but it would seem to me that if you're doing a lot to manipulate the dynamic range, it might be helpful to have more data in that respect to begin with, if for no other reason than to minimize any quantization that would have to happen.

Long story short, if you can record at 24-bit, there's really no reason not to. When you downsample to 16-bit, there'll be some quantization, but as long as you're doing it in decent software, I don't think you'd get any audible artifacts or anything.

Also, in what situation would you use compression, then normalize a file, then compress it again? That seems needlessly convoluted, but I could be missing something obvious.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

MockingQuantum posted:

Also, in what situation would you use compression, then normalize a file, then compress it again? That seems needlessly convoluted, but I could be missing something obvious.

I was wondering this as well. I can kind of see it if they are using Audacity as their compression tools certainly work but are not as versatile. When I do things quick in Audacity I normalize, then compress.

I did a quick search and this is looking like a good write up: http://tweakheadz.com/16-bit-vs-24-bit-audio/

Also, there's the final option. Experiment. Record something similar in both depths, do some crazy signal processing, downsample the 24-bit and see what you find.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

JossiRossi posted:

Also, there's the final option. Experiment. Record something similar in both depths, do some crazy signal processing, downsample the 24-bit and see what you find.

Realistically, this should always be considered the first option, not the final one.

And I meant to say it in my post above, but if you aren't aware, most interfaces can't record a true 32-bit signal. What usually happens is that a 24-bit PCM stream is converted to 32-bit, which offers up greater digital headroom for processing, etc. Then the LSB registers are removed at a later conversion point. It's worth using, because it gives you more fidelity for the calculations that various plugins will make using that data, but just be aware that it may not actually result in a greater dynamic range when all is said and done.

It's entirely possible that there are actually interfaces that can record true 32-bit files now, I have no idea whether that's changed, or whether it's technically possible with any current audio formats.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

MockingQuantum posted:

Realistically, this should always be considered the first option, not the final one.

And I meant to say it in my post above, but if you aren't aware, most interfaces can't record a true 32-bit signal. What usually happens is that a 24-bit PCM stream is converted to 32-bit, which offers up greater digital headroom for processing, etc. Then the LSB registers are removed at a later conversion point. It's worth using, because it gives you more fidelity for the calculations that various plugins will make using that data, but just be aware that it may not actually result in a greater dynamic range when all is said and done.

It's entirely possible that there are actually interfaces that can record true 32-bit files now, I have no idea whether that's changed, or whether it's technically possible with any current audio formats.

Oh yeah, experimentation should always be what you default to. I just made my list backward... for some reason? I don't know why I do things most the time.

There has to be a point where even audiophiles can't trick themselves into thinking there is an improvement right? I believe that some can notice 16-bit vs 24-bit difference but above that just seems to be getting into territory where human perception is not affected.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
The talent post hasn't been updated since May of last year, but here goes:

Name: grilldos

Specialties: Over 5 years writing/voicing/producing radio commercials and longform programming, and voicing/producing mutli-layered dramatic pieces. Young, goofy, offbeat, straight commercial, laid back, standard narration. Character voices of various age ranges, including crap like mad scientists, hicks, douchebags,

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/users/grilldos

Portfolio: http://czr.me

Contact: PM or use the form/email linked to on my portfolio.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Three big things have come together in the last week or so and life is a whirlwind right now:
  • I will be giving a workshop on "Telling The Story: Voice Acting In Indie Games" at IndieCade East, the largest festival of independent games on the east coast, next month! The festival is being held at the Museum Of The Moving Image in NYC, and the workshop is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, February 15th at 2:45PM (but is subject to change). All of the info I have is here.

• I will be moderating a panel at PAX East 2015 titled "Voice Acting In Indie Games: Secrets From Behind The Mic" with panelists Dave Gilbert [Creative Director (The Blackwell series, Gemini Rue, Primordia, Technobabylon), Wadjet Eye Games], Miranda Gauvin [Actress (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Apotheon, Primordia, the Blackwell series, Resonance), Freelance voice actress], Darren Korb [Audio Director (Bastion, Transistor), Supergiant Games], and Brittany Lauda [Actress/casting and voice director (Strife, Heroes of Newerth, YIIK, HuniePop, Lovely Little Thieves), Freelance voice actress/MB VoiceWorks]. If you will be at PAX East this year, please come to our panel--and be sure to find me sometime after and say hi!!

• I've been sitting on this for MONTHS, and now finally, I can FINALLY share that my audio production company, MB VoiceWorks (with my partner Brittany Lauda), has just signed on to produce Media Blasters' first ever in-house anime dubs! We'll be casting (locally in the NYC area!) and directing their English-language anime dubs, starting with the two-episode series Holy Knight at the end of this month. No cast or release date information has been shared at this time, but I can and will confirm that there are goon(s, plural) in it.
Like I said, this all happened within the last week, just as I was coming off assisting with the casting of a national commercial. I'm trying to take it all in but everything's moving really, really fast! I love it though :)

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

:patriot: That is awesome news. Congratulations!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

grilldos posted:

The talent post hasn't been updated since May of last year, but here goes:

Name: grilldos

Specialties: Over 5 years writing/voicing/producing radio commercials and longform programming, and voicing/producing mutli-layered dramatic pieces. Young, goofy, offbeat, straight commercial, laid back, standard narration. Character voices of various age ranges, including crap like mad scientists, hicks, douchebags,

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/users/grilldos

Portfolio: http://czr.me

Contact: PM or use the form/email linked to on my portfolio.

Added. Listened to your Tindeck demos. Good poo poo, man.

blinkeve1826 posted:

TONS OF STUFF
Sounds like you have your hands in a ton of different pots. Excited for ya!

EDIT: Stop casting strictly in New York, drat it :)

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 23, 2015

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Pretty excited about this - got a cool gig as the narrator for the tutorials in the new videogame Firefly Online. The characters are being played by the original cast from the TV show, but I will be the helpful voice that tells you how to use the program and game functions. Pretty awesome!

The game doesn't come out until later this year, but the first 3 videos with my voice are up on steam now. This one is just a run-through of the Cortex app, which is really a news app that will eventually hook into the game once it is released. (The other 2 are about the map function and the collectible cards) They wanted a Firefly-verse kinda voice, and after working with the director for a bit they settled on this one. Fun stuff, but I haven't gotten to meet the real cast yet, which is just not right!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/343750

EDIT: Here is one of the vids on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr9ynNb6NXE

Ishamael fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 29, 2015

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

New Years Resolutions suck. Let's toss these weary bones to the grinder.

Name: SquidRadio

Specialties: News and narration, looking to get into voice acting. I honestly don't know my specialties yet, so I want to learn.

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/users/SquidRadio

Portfolio: None Yet

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Ishamael posted:

Pretty excited about this - got a cool gig as the narrator for the tutorials in the new videogame Firefly Online. The characters are being played by the original cast from the TV show, but I will be the helpful voice that tells you how to use the program and game functions. Pretty awesome!

The game doesn't come out until later this year, but the first 3 videos with my voice are up on steam now. This one is just a run-through of the Cortex app, which is really a news app that will eventually hook into the game once it is released. (The other 2 are about the map function and the collectible cards) They wanted a Firefly-verse kinda voice, and after working with the director for a bit they settled on this one. Fun stuff, but I haven't gotten to meet the real cast yet, which is just not right!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/343750

EDIT: Here is one of the vids on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr9ynNb6NXE

This is super solid. Great work, really fits with the Firefly aesthetic. Was it done at the game studio or outside contracting studio or just by yourself?

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

JossiRossi posted:

This is super solid. Great work, really fits with the Firefly aesthetic. Was it done at the game studio or outside contracting studio or just by yourself?

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I recorded it in my booth but two guys from the game studio were on the line. It took some time to find the right tone for it, but I think it turned out pretty well (it is hard to be objective with your own voice, I just hear the stuff I want to change). I have recorded with this team before for some other games, and in the past we have recorded at an audio post house that has a super sweet studio, but this time they were happy with the sound from my booth, so that was good.

There are more pieces coming out over the next few months, and from what I understand some of the pieces will be in the game, but all the actual characters are SAG and being recorded in LA. They have recorded all the original actors with new dialogue and now they are getting the secondary characters and player characters. It's a fantastic group of people, I hope the game is good and people enjoy it!

EDIT:

another one is on YT now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kDbXwcyAtM

Ishamael fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 30, 2015

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Recording for our first dub with Media Blasters is in full swing. So far, I've had the pleasure of introducing some new talent into a field that has gotten a little stale with some of the same voices used over, and over, and OVER again, including some talented actors who are making their anime debuts. I've also been incredibly lucky to get to direct some of my own VO students in the booth, who also happen to be some of the most talented up-and-coming actors I know, as well as some of my best friends. (The latter ranks include both Michael A. Zekas and Devon Talbott, both of whom were also in the game for which TheJoeMan cast a few roles through here a few months back, Lords Of Xulima).

And last Thursday, I got to direct Eggman. THE Eggman, Mike Pollock. You can see a small clip from the session in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=simcEOFj89g

It was really cool getting to see the differences in working with different people of different levels of ability and experience. All of our actors were good, and everyone was extremely well-suited for their roles, but Mike was in and out of there in even less time than we'd budgeted in our schedule. He was a lot of fun to work with. :)

We've been rolling out cast announcements on our Facebook page and we have at least one more that we think will excite people, after our last session later this week. And then post-production, and then on to start on the next series!

Ishamael posted:

This is AWESOME, Ishamael! Congrats!!! =D

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

J.A.B.C. posted:

New Years Resolutions suck. Let's toss these weary bones to the grinder.

Name: SquidRadio

Specialties: News and narration, looking to get into voice acting. I honestly don't know my specialties yet, so I want to learn.

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/users/SquidRadio

Portfolio: None Yet

Saw this (and listened) a long time ago and forgot/been busy. Added to the main list.

You want critiques on how to improve? Start with this:

--------------------
Summerset Hills

Getting that promotion at work must feel good. Why not celebrate moving up by moving to Summerset Hills? The neighborhoods of Summerset Hills are now entering into their third phase of building!

Choose from dozens of single-family homes on pie shaped lots tucked away on Lilies Fair Court, perfect for young families and parents who want a safe and secluded street on which to raise their kids. With homes selling quickly, you’d better act now so that you can move into your dream home before the first snowfall!

Open houses are being held every Saturday and Sunday from 12 until 4. To learn more about the Summerset community, visit our website online or call 555-3125. Summerset Hills: move in today and stay for a lifetime.

--------------------

Also, resave & reupload those files as .mp3s. Don't use .wavs, at least not for tindeck.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

The Joe Man posted:

Saw this (and listened) a long time ago and forgot/been busy. Added to the main list.

You want critiques on how to improve? Start with this:

--------------------
Summerset Hills

Getting that promotion at work must feel good. Why not celebrate moving up by moving to Summerset Hills? The neighborhoods of Summerset Hills are now entering into their third phase of building!

Choose from dozens of single-family homes on pie shaped lots tucked away on Lilies Fair Court, perfect for young families and parents who want a safe and secluded street on which to raise their kids. With homes selling quickly, you’d better act now so that you can move into your dream home before the first snowfall!

Open houses are being held every Saturday and Sunday from 12 until 4. To learn more about the Summerset community, visit our website online or call 555-3125. Summerset Hills: move in today and stay for a lifetime.

--------------------

Also, resave & reupload those files as .mp3s. Don't use .wavs, at least not for tindeck.

Advice followed, files edited and re-uploaded, and voice complete. Thanks for the tips and for the advice.

Summerset Hills voice - http://tindeck.com/listen/auhbp

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
Hey! So a friend of mine and myself are working on a small side project, a Voice Over podcast to help voice actors, giving tips and help with what to do and not to do while working in voice acting, along with providing resources that can be used. We have made two episodes so far, which can be found here:

Episode 0: Resources
http://tindeck.com/listen/psbgr

Episode 1: Exercises
http://tindeck.com/listen/ueldh

We've posted this here, both to see what you guys think, and to ask for some help as well! While we do have experience in Voice Acting, both on an amateur and professional level, we are very limited in our experiences, mostly working on a few cartoons for a project that ultimately didn't come out, and some radio work. As such, we can only go so far into what can help before we are just giving general advice.

So! We would like to get assistance! We would like to talk to people who have experience in different fields, like commercial, long form, video games, dubbing and other forms of voice work. We would like to talk to people in these fields and possibly feature them on future episodes, to widen our scope.

Also, we would like to hear about other episodes that we could do. Some future ones we are planning is stuff like Finding a Voice, Reading for Commercials, Editing, and such things as that. Any specific topics that people would like to hear us cover, though, would be much appreciated!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

My last trailer voiced has just been released!

unlurked posted:

welp

Anime, voxel people, bikini anime. It could be worse! Feels really good to finally go public with the store page.

Also check out the final trailer, voiced by fellow goon The Joe Man, of Roundabout trailer fame and the voice acting thread here in the forums (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3461287). Totally recommend his work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnhXmMEKgEM

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Awesome work, really helps sell the project!

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Cool, congrats Joe!

P.S. Lords of Xulima is getting a lot of airtime these days--Michael (Nengorth) and I both mentioned it at our voice acting panel at PAX East this past weekend and it's been in all of its preceding advertising as well :)

blinkeve1826 fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 12, 2015

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Nice work!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Sweet pickin', Joe.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

I get a very '1950's vision of space' vibe from it. Very nicely done.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Thanks everyone! I think it'll be a hit so it was nice to be a part of it.

blinkeve1826 posted:

P.S. Lords of Xulima is getting a lot of airtime these days--Michael (Nengorth) and I both mentioned it at our voice acting panel at PAX East this past weekend and it's been in all of its preceding advertising as well :)
Sweet, glad I was able to give you both some ammo and also glad you're advertising yourselves as much as possible! :)

Speaking of upcoming work (for anyone), I currently have nothing on deck. Been extremely busy with work and haven't had a decent chance to get in touch with any potential devs. Hopefully things will settle down soon enough and I can get you all some gigs.

J.A.B.C., I'll try to critique your read as soon as I can. As mentioned, I've been extremely busy and doing an in-depth critique like the old days usually takes about 20-30mins. I'll definitely get to it but apologies for the delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

The Joe Man posted:

J.A.B.C., I'll try to critique your read as soon as I can. As mentioned, I've been extremely busy and doing an in-depth critique like the old days usually takes about 20-30mins. I'll definitely get to it but apologies for the delay.

Take your time, man. I've been busy getting ready for an overseas mission, so my chances to record stuff in the near future will probably be slim. I'd still love to do it, though!