Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Quinn is relatively short ranged and her vault is buggy as poo poo. Her ultimate is also bad for teamfighting. She's a great splitpusher and duelist but not really what you look for in a marksman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I have learned not to take a champ I don't know how to play into ranked. This is good.

fnox
May 19, 2013

quinn plays much better as a more mid/late game spiking carry top, than the very early spiking marksman she is billed as. her trading is very awkward against a ranged champion since she relies heavily on her passive to win trades unless you spend Q which is always gonna be less damage than like a Lucian Q or whatever, or unless you vault which tends to really not work because smart supports will try to catch you knowing it's down. she can be very oppressive against melee champions tho.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
i'm super jazzed about the new patch because I feel like that new Luden's Echo thing is going to kick so much rear end on Annie.

more burst damage and movement speed on a champion who relies entirely on the former and badly loving needs the latter? Yes! Yes I will! Also that champion mastery thing looks like dumb fun, but this game could do with that sort of thing, with ranked currently just bouncing my rear end up and down the same division boundaries it does feel a little directionless so I could very much do with a different dumb number to rise to keep myself amused. I write in that way but I do mean that completely unironically.

also those new skins are fabulous

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Calling it now Luden's Echo is going to horrendously break Ahri and one or both will get dumpstered.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Obscurity posted:

Any high bronze / low-mid silver players with a flexible schedule interested in a ranked 5s team? So far it's me, RC Cola, and Andichu, and a couple pending invites. I say flexible schedule because in my experience if we are restricting time slots it makes it hard to work for all people. Flexible schedules (or no life like myself currently) are best for this.

Team name is Silver Squid
Team tag is SLVSQD

Just add me or send me a message in game. "Clark W Griswold" is my IGN.

Can I send you a request later this week? I'm not with my computer atm, back on Sat.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

IXIX posted:

Can I send you a request later this week? I'm not with my computer atm, back on Sat.

Spots filled fast, there is 1 invite left currently for me so you may miss out. :( Hit me up when you can and I'll let you know.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It turns out threatening to reveal Season 5 Game of Thrones spoilers in champion select lets you play whatever role you want.

RYang
Dec 5, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

So did Karma get nerfed in that patch or am I reading this incorrectly:

So they don't get the shield any more? just the aoe damage?

They get the shield, but it's about half as strong as it used to be.

I'm a (terrible sub-30) Karma main and this feels like a really nasty stealth nerf, since R-->E is the main thing that's been letting me stay relevant in lategame teamfights.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
if you guys liked the CLG ranked 5s yesterday...
:siren:CLG RANKED 5'S STARTING AS SOON AS DARSHAN IS OUT OF HIS GAME:siren:
http://www.twitch.tv/aphromoo

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

ungulateman posted:

Calling it now Luden's Echo is going to horrendously break Ahri and one or both will get dumpstered.

Some streamer is going to build it on Fiddlesticks, and Riot is going to make the entire jungle harder in response.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Nietzschean posted:

It turns out threatening to reveal Season 5 Game of Thrones spoilers in champion select lets you play whatever role you want.

Holy poo poo how have I not thought of this

Actually just spoiling it in all chat every game would be hilarious.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

The Shortest Path posted:

I haven't followed the show, are they doing one season per book or does season 5 still deal with AFFC? Because if the latter, that would be some pretty great ammunition :v:

Che Delilas fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 12, 2015

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Che Delilas posted:

I haven't followed the show, are they doing one season per book or does season 5 still deal with AFFC?

this is coming from people who have read the books and watched the shows, not my own account, but its still sorta in affc but its going off on its own timeline since martin cant be assed to make fat stacks of cash i mean book 6

im very seriously considering my next name change to be TYRIONKILLSTYWIN. Maybe LITTLEFINGERKILLS but that one isnt as good imo

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 12, 2015

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

Nietzschean posted:

I disapprove of these antics. :colbert:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Was Here posted:

this is coming from people who have read the books and watched the shows, not my own account, but its still sorta in affc but its going off on its own timeline since martin cant be assed to make fat stacks of cash i mean book 6

im very seriously considering my next name change to be TYRIONKILLSTYWIN. Maybe LITTLEFINGERKILLS but that one isnt as good imo

Last year my buddy talked me into playing WOW for a few months so I was spamming /rw Tyrion kills his father Tywin in every raid finder run while farming mcguffins for my orange pixel thing, which was very important.

jpparker55
Jun 4, 2007
So is it seriously the case that there's no tribunal or any kind of review for reporting in OCE? For example someone intentionally feeds whole game, gets reported by everyone else, but will not have any repercussions?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i feel like people say quinn ult sucks when its the only ability in the game that has like 20 different uses.

1) it gives 80% attack speed for 20 seconds with rank 5 w
2) it lets you get back to lane
3) spot someone trying to camp a bush with your w and just blow them the gently caress up
4) 20 seconds of 80% attackspeed on 0.668 delay lets you take 3 towers in a side lane almost in the span of those seconds
5) when the leona jumps on you in lane you can jump on the cait trying to stay back and just blind her while you carve her to pieces
6) clean up the team fight that happened in mid while you farmed jungle because eh you didnt really feel like going mid for no reason
7) run away from people
8) run at people
9) gank mid from toplane and get a crucial kill only because you arrived at the perfect time due to your ult
10) manfight low mobility dudes with lovely damage
11) go from being really really far back in the the teamfight to actually being behind the enemy team
12) rush the inhib after the teamfight is over
13) go from the teamfight to kill the enemy split pusher
14) 1v1 the enemy adc with your blind that isnt a skillshot in ult form
15) hunt down the 25% hp dude running through the enemy jungle
16) be in bot or mid while your team does dragon because you can use your ult to come at the enemy team from a strong position if they actually fight
eh gently caress im not gonna type any more

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

jpparker55 posted:

So is it seriously the case that there's no tribunal or any kind of review for reporting in OCE? For example someone intentionally feeds whole game, gets reported by everyone else, but will not have any repercussions?

There hasn't been a tribunal in NA for the last year, that doesn't mean there are no repercussions for poor behavior. They're testing a number of automated systems (and possibly handling some cases manually). I don't know how much of this applies to OCE, but no tribunal does not necessarily imply no punishment.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Slaapaav posted:

i feel like people say quinn ult sucks when its the only ability in the game that has like 20 different uses.

1) it gives 80% attack speed for 20 seconds with rank 5 w
2) it lets you get back to lane
3) spot someone trying to camp a bush with your w and just blow them the gently caress up
4) 20 seconds of 80% attackspeed on 0.668 delay lets you take 3 towers in a side lane almost in the span of those seconds
5) when the leona jumps on you in lane you can jump on the cait trying to stay back and just blind her while you carve her to pieces
6) clean up the team fight that happened in mid while you farmed jungle because eh you didnt really feel like going mid for no reason
7) run away from people
8) run at people
9) gank mid from toplane and get a crucial kill only because you arrived at the perfect time due to your ult
10) manfight low mobility dudes with lovely damage
11) go from being really really far back in the the teamfight to actually being behind the enemy team
12) rush the inhib after the teamfight is over
13) go from the teamfight to kill the enemy split pusher
14) 1v1 the enemy adc with your blind that isnt a skillshot in ult form
15) hunt down the 25% hp dude running through the enemy jungle
16) be in bot or mid while your team does dragon because you can use your ult to come at the enemy team from a strong position if they actually fight
eh gently caress im not gonna type any more

lee sin ult:

1 reliably win a teamfight

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

fun fact, all of the stuff you just typed out can be summed up with: "has a ghost", "has an as steroid", "can duel people"

alternatively, you can play other champions who do these things but don't require an ulti to do them and they can do these things with their ulti! amazing! wow!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NTT posted:

lee sin ult:

i'll have you know that a lee sin kicking away a low health out of position enemy to safety is not a good way to reliably win a teamfight

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
quinn doesnt need her ult to do damage at all? her ult is deceptively powerful is all im saying because it lets you do almost anything

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

lee sin ult:

oh hey since you're here i need to ask you something about ADC's:
why do I keep seeing people upgrade their boots to zerks when they could pick up a finished IE like 99% of the time with that money? Is it more damage with zerks+bf+pickaxe or something? If this is the case if you can get IE+dagger instead of zerks+bf+pickaxe is that just as good or better?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

jpparker55 posted:

I don't think the tribunal ever worked. I know when they were giving out free IP all I would do is vote guilty for everything.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Azuth0667 posted:

I don't think the tribunal ever worked. I know when they were giving out free IP all I would do is vote guilty for everything.

cool man, very cool. not

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Slaapaav posted:

quinn doesnt need her ult to do damage at all? her ult is deceptively powerful is all im saying because it lets you do almost anything

you know what else lets you do almost anything?

playing the game and doing almost anything....on a different champion!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

cool man, very cool. not

Its a good example of why it should not be in the hands of the general player base.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
quinn ult becomes a way to express yourself in game because of how it lets you do a myriad of different things. theres probably like 20 quinn players in this thread and we all probably use the ult in completely different ways because we are different people.

quinn ult is the most beautiful thing in the game

parara
Apr 9, 2010
That's almost poignant and makes me want to try Quinn.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Quinn ult is totally rad in solo queue where everyone fucks around at half hp in the jungle farming whatever so you can slam W and the next half-hp opponent you see gets valor'd to death.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Slaapaav posted:

quinn ult becomes a way to express yourself in game because of how it lets you do a myriad of different things. theres probably like 20 quinn players in this thread and we all probably use the ult in completely different ways because we are different people.

quinn ult is the most beautiful thing in the game

drat man i never realized quinn was how you let out your emotions and truly showed people your playstyle.......i'll leave you alone for now because i don't feel like stifling expressive playstyle creativity.....................

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Skin codes (that work in all regions) for Arclight Vel'koz:

RW1644X8ZB7MNCNSAAAB6K27E
RW1644RWBKG6QWKX8TUK2DFQF
RW16442ZHK6ZY4FC6LL8WL2F4

All expire 3/13 at 7pm PDT.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

hi friend. dont post codes in here. people that aren't registered can see in this thread! post those here.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705503

to other people: dont loving post codes in here

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheEye posted:

First one was taken on NA. Took the second one.

e: Aphromoo stream down! :(

Addamere fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 12, 2015

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

All three codes are gone on NA and only one dude posted he took one, so good going lurkers you herbs.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

TheEye posted:

Nabbed this on OCE, thanks!

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

hi friend. dont post codes in here. people that aren't registered can see in this thread! post those here.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705503

to other people: dont loving post codes in here

Alas... maybe next year.

Hope you enjoy if you got lucky.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Whats the math behind rabadons vs void staff? Also when would sorc boots be a damage boost vs blasting wand

In general Rabadon's provides more damage-per-item slot but Void Staff provides more damage-per-gold (because it's cheaper), but not always.

TheEye posted:

All expire 3/13 at 7pm PDT.
Took this one on EUW, thanks man :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

jpparker55 posted:

People who are reported enough will get chat bans or bans from the whole game, and people who leave too many games will be placed in low-priority queue for being a dirty leaver. It's just automatic, and I don't think anyone will read any comment you put on a report.

• Locked thread