Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

How many levels does a full rupee wallet tend to get you? I'd love to pump Agitha up to crazy levels just so it's not such a pain using her but also I don't trust myself to not constantly exploit the glitch and level everyone up to max level.

Don't be afraid to do the max rupee glitch. To get a single character to max level (which is level 200) you'll need an insane amount of rupees. I can't say for sure, but I'd estimate you might have to do the glitch at least 4-5 times to level someone all the way to max level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumblyfish
Jul 22, 2007
Senselessly gorgeous.
I've done the rupee glitch twice and managed to get the cast from an average level of 30 to an average level of 60. It does not go as far as you would hope.

Edit: Still worth it, though. Hyrule Warriors is a ludicrous grind from start to end and you should feel no shame in using every trick in the book to make it less painful.

Mumblyfish fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 11, 2015

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah I did it three times and it got my underused characters to about 65. I had basically all the DLC chars sitting at lvl 1 though.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
haha holy poo poo I was expecting 10mil rupees to at least max out one character, Now it feels like the rupee glitch is just a common thing everyone should do if they value sanity.

Who would be the best character that grinds fast manually though? you need at least one fucker max so the others can be trained.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dizz posted:

haha holy poo poo I was expecting 10mil rupees to at least max out one character, Now it feels like the rupee glitch is just a common thing everyone should do if they value sanity.

Who would be the best character that grinds fast manually though? you need at least one fucker max so the others can be trained.

I use Young Link since he can sustain Focus Spirit for a long time if you can build him in a certain way (which gives more bonuses). Plus his C6 is god-like for building meter.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I think somebody did the math and to get someone from lvl 1 to lvl 200, you'd need about 168 million rupees. Per character.

This was before the level cap bumped again so who knows now.

CGH
Mar 31, 2010
It's actually around 18 million to get someone from level 1 to 200. Then close to another 7 million to get them to 255 I believe.

I'm too lazy to look up proof, but I think every level from 100 to 255 costs 123,900 rupees.

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009

CGH posted:

It's actually around 18 million to get someone from level 1 to 200. Then close to another 7 million to get them to 255 I believe.

I'm too lazy to look up proof, but I think every level from 100 to 255 costs 123,900 rupees.

It's every level from 50, actually. Unless they changed the EXP curve after 200 which I highly doubt.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So the level cap is being raised to 255 with the latest update
Meanwhile I'm sitting here with only 3 characters in the mid-50's
And I bought the season pass so I now have 4 different adventure maps that are still waiting to be completely filled out

...I think I got way in over my head with this game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Augus posted:

So the level cap is being raised to 255 with the latest update
Meanwhile I'm sitting here with only 3 characters in the mid-50's
And I bought the season pass so I now have 4 different adventure maps that are still waiting to be completely filled out

...I think I got way in over my head with this game

Yeah, same here. At least there will be plenty of content for years and years.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

So am I a chump if I don't give a poo poo about using this Rupee glitch? Is there any real need to grind a bunch of guys to max level in the first place?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CuddlyZombie posted:

So am I a chump if I don't give a poo poo about using this Rupee glitch? Is there any real need to grind a bunch of guys to max level in the first place?

Just play the game. Don't worry about this min-max stuff :shobon:

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

CuddlyZombie posted:

Not really. You can pretty comfortably beat the Twilight map, which is that hardest by far, at around level 100. Anything beyond that is strictly overkill.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Wamdoodle posted:

Just play the game. Don't worry about this min-max stuff :shobon:

This should be in the OP of every thread.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Clamknuckle posted:

This should be in the OP of every thread.

Nobody reads the OP, anyway.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

CuddlyZombie posted:

I've beaten almost all of the adventure mode content and only have one character about level 100.

There is literally no reason to max out a single character, let alone all of them. It is required for nothing.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So getting Summoning Gates 2 and 3, and presumably getting Link's other Great Fairies... you get those by rupee grinding out enough levels to vastly overpower everything, right? Because those weapons are wet poo poo, and the stages themselves aren't any better. "Use this ineffective garbage that is confusing and takes forever to beat anything. Now we're gonna throw all the commanders in the world at once. Don't fail!"

Nope.

Wish I could get the rupee glitch to work. But since it's easiest with the Summoning Gate, and I can't loving beat any higher level SG stages to get more than basic ones, that isn't gonna happen I guess.

Also, keep seeing people say "Use C5 if you get Argorok!" Fuckin' there is no C5 that I'm seeing, unless it only specifically works if you get Argorok. I've seen videos, but unless it's that or the timing is just really short, I can't get those attacks to come out.

tl;dr: Most of the characters and weapons are awful and annoying to use, it isn't just Fi and Agitha.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Fi seemed fine for me. I liked how mobile she was while attacking. I hated Epona though.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

ChibiSoma posted:

So getting Summoning Gates 2 and 3, and presumably getting Link's other Great Fairies... you get those by rupee grinding out enough levels to vastly overpower everything, right? Because those weapons are wet poo poo, and the stages themselves aren't any better. "Use this ineffective garbage that is confusing and takes forever to beat anything. Now we're gonna throw all the commanders in the world at once. Don't fail!"

Nope.

Wish I could get the rupee glitch to work. But since it's easiest with the Summoning Gate, and I can't loving beat any higher level SG stages to get more than basic ones, that isn't gonna happen I guess.

Also, keep seeing people say "Use C5 if you get Argorok!" Fuckin' there is no C5 that I'm seeing, unless it only specifically works if you get Argorok. I've seen videos, but unless it's that or the timing is just really short, I can't get those attacks to come out.

tl;dr: Most of the characters and weapons are awful and annoying to use, it isn't just Fi and Agitha.

There's definitely a C5. You have all her attack badges, right? The timing (if you're not mashing) is to press Strong Attack between when you've got two rings hovering out in front of you that are smashing together, and when a blue bubble pops up in front of you. Normally Lana drops down and then jumps up from the bubble, but on a C5 she just pops a dragon out of it instead. It's a bit tricky, but I can manage it reliably, and I'm terrible, so it's certainly possible.

EDIT: Also, don't mash if you are, do rhythmic button presses.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Dear god where is that DLC pack, I woke up early for nothing. :(

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
So what is it about KOing a few random dudes after KOing a boss that triggers or helps trigger the glitch? Sometimes it'll generate 300 something or 500 something before it finally does max rupee. Is it forcing it to make that subtraction? Is it true that you have to have less than 100 before the KO to make it work?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I think what triggers the glitch is killing the boss without getting any rupees. So when you kill it without triggering the halo, it subtracts rupees from you.

I'm assuming the game flips out on trying to subtract more than you have and does an underflow.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lol Ganon Mode is loving infuriating. Hope you dig knocking the poo poo out of giant bosses only to be murdered in two hits by a tiny offscreen Dark Link. :waycool:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ChibiSoma posted:

Nope.

The summoning gate is one of the best weapons in the game. It works differently from basically every other weapon, but once you figure it out its fine. Don't write something off just because you can't mindlessly mash with it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Dizz posted:

I think what triggers the glitch is killing the boss without getting any rupees. So when you kill it without triggering the halo, it subtracts rupees from you.

I'm assuming the game flips out on trying to subtract more than you have and does an underflow.

Yeah, it's almost certainly an underflow error. Also, I've had it trigger when having as many as 65ish rupees gained in the map already, but keeping your rupees as low as possible before the boss goes poof is good practice.

Also, to the person complaining about attempting the glitch with the Gate, I actually think Cia is the easiest and quickest to try for the glitch with. Sheik is also pretty fast but is a bit more annoying to do it with. I've posted videos showing it off with both characters and with several others, so don't feel like you have to use the Gate if you really don't want to.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
From watching the boss explode into rupees, I think the game is taking rupees away from you so that it can spawn more higher-amount rupees from the boss. Since it seems like the amount of rupees you get is random, the subtraction may not always happen, but when it does it causes the underflow.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
What's weird is that I tried to get it to work for hours on a Ghoma that had no mooks around it, but when I tried on a map where it had some more enemies around it, it worked only after a couple tries. Could totally just be the luck of the draw though, and the underflow theory does make more sense.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

yamdankee posted:

What's weird is that I tried to get it to work for hours on a Ghoma that had no mooks around it, but when I tried on a map where it had some more enemies around it, it worked only after a couple tries. Could totally just be the luck of the draw though, and the underflow theory does make more sense.

I think if you kill a couple of mooks that drop rupees along with the boss, since there are more rupees on screen the game is more likely to end up subtracting from your total and underflowing

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Forgive me for having to ask, but why are they called "mooks?" Is that Dynasty Warriors vernacular? Does it just mean "weakling enemy who there are tons of?"

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 13, 2015

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Spectacle Rock posted:

Forgive me for being that guy, but why are they called "mooks?" Is that Dynasty Warriors vernacular? Does it just mean "weakling enemy who there are tons of?"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mook

The definition of "stupid, incompetent person" fits the worthless hordes perfectly. Essentially, they can't do anything without a captain except minor damage.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

mastajake posted:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mook

The definition of "stupid, incompetent person" fits the worthless hordes perfectly. Essentially, they can't do anything without a captain except minor damage.

Thanks. That does fit the description of horde members.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Did the final DLC come out in the US yet?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ometeotl posted:

Did the final DLC come out in the US yet?

Yeah, I downloaded it earlier today. Playing as Ganon is neat but you can get really hosed up by tiny dudes and it's annoying. There's actually more than one scenario in the Challenge menu now, too. The update to the Challenge stuff makes it actually a full game mode now, I don't know why they let it ship originally the way they did.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is the final DLC a seperate purchase or did the Hyrule pack cover me on that?

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Dizz posted:

Is the final DLC a seperate purchase or did the Hyrule pack cover me on that?

If you bought the season pass you'll get the boss DLC as part of it.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Spectacle Rock posted:

Forgive me for having to ask, but why are they called "mooks?" Is that Dynasty Warriors vernacular? Does it just mean "weakling enemy who there are tons of?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmrQ70gJUJI

"This guy's a loving mook."
"A mook? What's a mook?"

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Man, Ganon's Fury is really the least fun poo poo in the game.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Man, Ganon's Fury is really the least fun poo poo in the game.

I'm not even sure how to access it, my game is updated and I looked in the Challenge Mode thing but there's only three options there... please tell me it's not something stupid like "do these with all the characters to unlock Ganon" because I reeeally don't want to have to play Tingle, fucker's still level 1 for a reason :|

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

BlueOccamy posted:

I'm not even sure how to access it, my game is updated and I looked in the Challenge Mode thing but there's only three options there... please tell me it's not something stupid like "do these with all the characters to unlock Ganon" because I reeeally don't want to have to play Tingle, fucker's still level 1 for a reason :|

I had to go to the main WiiU menu a few times, and went to the e-shop once before it finally installed the DLC. I don't know what the issue is, if it's just Hyrule Warriors or the WiiU in general, but it's just bad at auto-installing dlc for some reason. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The way to get the DLC 100% of the time is to go to the eShop - My Menu - Your Downloads - Downloaded Content. Pick Hyrule Warriors and if there's DLC you've bought but don't have, it will download it, even if you don't have the game in the system.

Took me until the Majora's Mask pack to figure this out, kept quitting/rebooting the system hoping it would auto-download.

• Locked thread