Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Tide posted:

I have decided that Kate Mara is just about the hottest hottie I've ever laid eyes on.

Ahem. Emma Stone though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 213 days!)

BrokenKnucklez posted:

They leased through their business. I know it seems backwards, but its not my money. Still a fun car!

If the company goes bust do you still have to pay?

SAAB FAN LEARNS HOW TO AMASS CARS WITH THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK

CommieGIR posted:

Nah, that'd be any Audi past 1993. Then cutting is not out of the question.

I thought cutting was introductory to VAGCOM.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Tide posted:

I have decided that Kate Mara is just about the hottest hottie I've ever laid eyes on.

Tide have you been drinking again?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Man, I have the biggest crush on a co-worker and I feel like an idiot high-schooler all over again. We're getting lunch with another co-worker on Friday and she keeps telling me how excited she is. And for some reason she wants to drive my big dumb truck :allears:

Also, some jerk single-handedly got the entire service center at our dealership pretty sick...and my office is right in the middle of said service center. It's been about two weeks now and I've been watching whatever it is jump from person to person while I wash my hands religiously and be a huge germophobe. Every morning at least three or four people pop into my office with "Did you catch it yet? No? Oohh, just you wait." Fuckers.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

T-Square posted:

Man, I have the biggest crush on a co-worker and I feel like an idiot high-schooler all over again. We're getting lunch with another co-worker on Friday and she keeps telling me how excited she is. And for some reason she wants to drive my big dumb truck :allears:

I think she might want to spend some time playing with your gearstick as well.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

I think she might want to spend some time playing with your gearstick as well.

:pervert:

T-Square posted:

Have fun and try not to weird out the other co-worker too much :q:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

T-Square posted:

But if they get sick and can't come in to work..

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

From GBS of all places.. :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWIi_eewcxs

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

a v12 detroit would straight up be speed metal.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

cursedshitbox posted:

a v12 detroit would straight up be speed metal.

brb suffocating setting up a band in the garage

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

West SAAB Story posted:

I thought cutting was introductory to VAGCOM.

Nah, that's part of the introduction to Rover products.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Nah, that's part of the introduction to Rover products.

TOO SOON MAN TOO SOON

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Tide posted:

She's pretty dreamy

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MrChips posted:

Tide have you been drinking again?

GIS her and tell me she ain't just smoking hot.

I'll help:

Tide fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 12, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I've seen her nekkid

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Got my Geirskogul(R) brand jack stands.

Doing some work on the ol' W-30:

Centennial maintenance on the Type 40:

I have no idea how to fix a plushie Mach 5. Do I use foam wrenches, or what?

Adjusting the suspension for Mt. Akina:

(Oh God the dust. I really need to get display boxes or something.)

Thanks, Big G! These things are neat!

e: typos

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
Just looked at PayPal Here for card payments on the go, Ģ69.95 for the card reader, 2.75% on any transaction, an additional 3.40% + Ģ0.20 per transaction for international.

Worldpay looks pretty decent and offers a standalone mobile system.

This is business poo poo is getting stupid expensive. :(

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

88h88 posted:

Chris Harris

I feel like it needs to be said, Chris Harris' schtick has gotten old. Sure he's enthusiastic, but he also has a tendency towards being pedantic and repetitive.

Finally, my understanding is that Drive+ was created because he pushed for it and more money, but then bailed when things looked down rather than allow the decision to be reversed. I understand everyone has to make a living, but that seems lame to me.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Just going to say that I've eaten an irresponsible amount of tortilla chips and buffalo chicken dip, which I will regret in the morning. Also drinking a delightfully strong gin and tonic, which I will also regret in the morning.

gently caress I've had a good day.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Giblet Plus! posted:

So I'm gonna take a moment out here to bitch about my welding instructor. So far:
  • Told me it's best to notch tubing with an endmill the size of ID of the tube for a tube-tube joint
  • Instructed me to weld over strain-relief holes I made in plates with the CNC plasma, because they will create cracks
  • Didn't believe me when I said arcs are better than triangles as gussets
  • Instructed me to use the drill press freehand because that's how real work is done in a shop
  • Witnessed her make a MIG weld w/o her hood
  • Witnessed her watch the CNC plasma cut w/o her hood
  • Makes a point of changing every dimension on a project after I do solidworks drawings and get her to review them

in order...

kinda lazy, but works.
no. no no nononononono. they need to go back to mech eng 101.
you are right
I do this all the time even though I know I shouldn't
the gently caress? That's really bad, and gonna result in lovely welds anyways
Also bad
sounds like upper management material

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Nodoze posted:

She's pretty dreamy

Ehh, I'm more of an Emilia Fox fan.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Darchangel posted:

Awesome! I've got an "orchestral metal" channel with stuff like Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Turisas, Lacuna Coil, etc. on Pandora that I need to add these guys to. And LOL at the goofballs who actually take this stuff seriously.

Deadly serious metal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hiu1hPdJk-Y

I actually read somewhere that Powerwolf is supposed to be a parody joke band. They used to be called Red Aim, and they played stoner/hard rock and looked like this:

But I have to say, if Powerwolf is just a joke band, they're certainly going all the way with it, considering how good the music is and the fact that they've been doing it for over a decade. From reading interviews etc., they certainly seem to be having fun with it, so whatevs, I think they make awesome (and funny) power metal.

Apparently Slipknot is headlining Copenhell 2015, which kinda caused a justified shitstorm when it was announced. Come on, we had goddamn Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Sepultura, Behemoth and Arch Enemy last year, and bands like Slayer, King Diamond, Amon Amarth, Judas Priest etc. the years before that. Slipknot is total weaksauce in comparison.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 12, 2015

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

kastein posted:

kinda lazy, but works.
Notching a tube for a joint to match the internal diameter of the tube. Give it a minute...

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Thanks everyone in the uk who has seemingly bought every set of 225/50/16 AD08R's ffs, i've had to resort to a seller on ebay who apparently has some in stock. :thumbsup:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Just cleared my desk by shuffling the majority of it into the secure shred bin. :feelsgood:

I'm supposed to have an exit interview, but so far it's scheduled for any time tomorrow. I hope they don't expect me to hang around after hours because I have an important meeting at the pub. :byewhore:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

quote:

BMW are amazing.

My pal has had a number of issues with his car (this being his second as the first eventually had to go back it was so faulty). The latest return was a problem with the fuel filler cap. In replacing it they managed to set the car on fire and had to replace the burned upholstery. In doing this they scratched the paint and ruined the leather on the other seats in the car. He got his car back smelling of petrol and burning, covered in scratches with damaged seats... And a smile.

Nice one BMW.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

T-Square posted:

:hfive: I have a date Friday night, she's a stand up comedian so I know if I manage to gently caress it up people will get a laugh out of it.

Anyone have security cameras or a fire suppression system in their garage or have experience with them? I would get a nice insurance break and after the poo poo last weekend it would be nice to have a record if someone decides to do something stupid.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

InitialDave posted:

Notching a tube for a joint to match the internal diameter of the tube. Give it a minute...

wow, how did I not notice that?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

TOO SOON MAN TOO SOON

That's what you get for not saying hi enough anymore :colbert:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

That's what you get for not saying hi enough anymore :colbert:

I'm not getting back on facebook.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Come on!

In other news my welds are going from bird poo poo splatter city to mediocre hey I'm really farting metal together stage. I also tried to push the welder and ended up doing some decent bead and penetration on 1/4 angle iron.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

BrokenKnucklez posted:

In other news my welds are going from bird poo poo splatter city to mediocre hey I'm really farting metal together stage. I also tried to push the welder and ended up doing some decent bead and penetration on 1/4 angle iron.

Next thing you know you'll be making tube buggies with LS power and selling off rovers.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

cursedshitbox posted:

Next thing you know you'll be making tube buggies with LS power and selling off rovers.

I've considered it. There's a guy with a north star powered sand rail. I imagine it's pissing coolant every where but holy poo poo does it sound awesome

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm not getting back on facebook.

Google Plus muthalicka.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm usually on Gchat. :colbert:

N* rails are TITS. they usually don't run hot either because truck radiator.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Terry Pratchett died :(

http://m.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31858156

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

drat.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
So, when i started this job, my main task was get the efficency up to a level where we could catch up to current maintenance and services, whilst still doing the acute jobs that is involved in keeping 185 buses on the road 11-18 hours a day in average. When i took over there was a constant scramble to have enough buses to keep schedule and fines from the city for routes not serviced was a daily occurance. Over the last months we have been able to triple the amount of services that gets done (each service takes 6-9 hours) in a week, and have not have a route go unserviced due to lack of wagon since early january. New hires and new routines have actually worked out great. However, the bus line (seperate company,they own 49% of the shop) have raised issue with their monthly bill. They are suprised in the increased cost that comes with the fact that we do more work. I donīt charge them more per hour, or for parts, we just do a lot more work. The result is that they have not yet payed their bill for january og february. Last friday i told them that if not their bill for january was payed in full by this friday we would stop work on their rolling stock by noon tomorrow.

They seemed very relaxed about the situation until yesterday, when someone from corporate who has an office with a direct view of the shop floor asked if we had problems with our suppliers since he had not seen parts come in the last few days.... I then explained that since it seems we would not be doing work for awhile i had stopped ordering. Today i got a note from the bank saying that they had payed in full for january. And when i (being the rear end in a top hat i am) told them if they were late on paying for feburary i would start billing per bus, and not releasing them before payment was completed, they loving payed for february as well.

It helps being stubborn i guess. Now i can actually pay my own salary out.

Oh, and they have contacted my brother (who is my boss/runs the company that owns 51% of the shop) to tell them that they want to replace me.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

fjelltorsk posted:

Oh, and they have contacted my brother (who is my boss/runs the company that owns 51% of the shop) to tell them that they want to replace me.

That wasn't very bright on their part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Sad news, Alzheimer's really took a toll on him.

However, "embuggerance" is an amazing word.

• Locked thread