Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

There's nothing you just described that doesn't just as frequently occur on nova. Without hyperbole, I have yet to play a single matchmaking game where there hasn't been either smurf- or hackusations

Please tell me that in Nova people can carry their own weight and not moan "oh god I'm so bad this game is so bad I'm terrible please kick me" every god damned motherfucking round.

e: gently caress new page

Carol Pizzamom posted:

just play lone wolf until you're out of it. it can take a while, but use the time to gently caress around and learn different weapons and stuff.

Sometimes I get REALLY good teams and the communication is great and everyone pulls their own. I warm up with random weapon sets in DM, so I've got most weapons down fairly well (and others really well).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Bohemian Nights posted:

There's nothing you just described that doesn't just as frequently occur on nova. Without hyperbole, I have yet to play a single matchmaking game where there hasn't been either smurf- or hackusations
There's 1 smurf per team in 4/5 games in Nova. The smurfing probably continues until DMG

Kazinsal posted:

Please tell me that in Nova people can carry their own weight and not moan "oh god I'm so bad this game is so bad I'm terrible please kick me" every god damned motherfucking round.

I bring terrible news

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Carol Pizzamom posted:

There's 1 smurf per team in 4/5 games in Nova. The smurfing probably continues until DMG

There's still smurfs but fortunately it's where smurfs and hackers really start to become really distinguishable as the play styles diverge.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Just played an all double eagle game against 4 brand new accounts that were walling. We were still winning so they caused the server to lag somehow so that only one of their guys was planting the bomb. At least you can kill a smurf cause most of them suck.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Gristley Bear posted:

Just played an all double eagle game against 4 brand new accounts that were walling. We were still winning so they caused the server to lag somehow so that only one of their guys was planting the bomb. At least you can kill a smurf cause most of them suck.

This has been happening a lot lately. It's funny because sometimes if you kill a certain player the lag suddenly disappears until the next round.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
See the problem yall have in common is that you're matchmaking. CEVO and FaceIt are free.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Yeah at least with smurfs you're like 'alright yeah this guy is just straight outplaying me I need to Get Gud' and you get diminishing returns for smurfing at those upper ranks anyways.

On the other hand hackers have to be that much more blatant about it and are in all likelihood making up for their own small dicks that much more so they stand out even more and ugh it just makes everything that much more lovely. No sir I don't like it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Also, were the Valve servers getting DDOSed earlier today (around 3pm Pacific)? I had a match where everyone spent at least half a round each every round lagged out and rubberbanding at best.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Probably a new ddos cheat so everyone is using it today.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I've had games DDoSd before but I don't get how those give an advantage to a certain team. Everyone lags out so you still are playing the same game as the other team. Unless they know tons of tricks on how to play the game at 400 ping or something, idk

edit: Also keep in mind that Valve hosts multiple instances on each server so just because your match is DDoSd doesn't necessarily mean your match in particular was the target.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
This time it didn't make our pings go up. One of their guys was still able to plant the bomb while everyone else in the server was essentially stuck in spawn.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
lmao that owns. Good to know teenage bottom fraggers are still getting their money's worth out of those eggheads down in R&D.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I've been in games where everyone lags to gently caress, but i could as a T very slowly get to the bomb site after tons of rubber banding, and get the plant. The other team calls me a hacker after

Once you get the plant you just spam tap at a corner with the ak and hope someone lags into it

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Gristley Bear posted:

This time it didn't make our pings go up. One of their guys was still able to plant the bomb while everyone else in the server was essentially stuck in spawn.

Yep, that's the poo poo I dealt with today. Seemed to alternate back and forth between who was hosed and who wasn't, too.

That poo poo on Mirage was frustrating but loving hilarious.

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug
Last time that happened one of my teammates left so we just gave the bomb to the bot. He would plant and win.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

gently caress silvers. Can I get out of this bracket now please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UIsj44WsMA

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Cobble BO1 :getin:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

jfc

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

The first match of the big tourney. So far so good.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

I didn't realise groups were bo1. Welp.

only 40 minutes late. plz.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

http://www.twitch.tv/esl_pov1
http://www.twitch.tv/esl_pov2

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Wow I didn't even realize that it started today. Good thing I checked reddit and saw people complaining about ESL's stream quality.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Yo hiko go change your blazer thanks.

JacksonAces
Aug 13, 2012
Ugh. That Penta game.

This is why I hate BO1 in tourneys.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

It's only for groups.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
lmao vox got inferno against fnatic

they have decided not to broadcast it in english :rip:

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Stumbletron posted:

They're just getting wrecked :(

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Stumbletron posted:

Helblinde casting it in english http://www.twitch.tv/helblinde

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

JacksonAces posted:

Ugh. That Penta game.

This is why I hate BO1 in tourneys.
Yeah I had almost $30 on that game

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006

Burgo posted:

I was just starting to understand portuguese too

also this stream owns holy poo poo

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I went small on Vox, both VOX and F3 got stomped so i think a small bet on the underdog is worth it.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

LGB looks really solid strategically. Guess other pros didn't hype them up for nothing in HLTV's pre-tournament interviews.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Burgo posted:

Nerd

The radio stream posted on reddit is awful

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

titan throwing.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Burgo posted:

titan throwing.

Kennys and 4 anchors*

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Titan is out after losing both matches ahahahaha

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Kennys and 4 anchors*

He's missing so many awp shots :/
Maniac is carrying.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
titan out in groups? no way

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Titan out of groups welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

GOOD

• Locked thread