Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
streaming some barklerey two stuff. Gonna draw some duergars, and maybe some gun. p'haps some gun. Might get on to drawing duergar portraits, they're all gonna need those.

http://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Nessus posted:

I'm going to have to hear the increasingly inane excuses from a confirmed ToG'ster before I accept them
I don't think our dear "Special Boy" Gortarius is even capable of writing a post that isn't fully retarded.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Bisse posted:

Well, on the combat gameplay side,

Y'know, and I'm just spitballin' here, this sort of thing might be exactly what you need to put in a monthly update.

Seriously, copy/paste almost all of that and you're good.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Bisse posted:

I don't think our dear "Special Boy" Gortarius is even capable of writing a post that isn't fully retarded.

please dont besmirch the good name of the tog wizard. he tries his hardest

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

SaviourX posted:

Y'know, and I'm just spitballin' here, this sort of thing might be exactly what you need to put in a monthly update.

Seriously, copy/paste almost all of that and you're good.
Thanks for the thought, for real! I need to post more progress reports, for sure. You're about five days late though. I'm just waiting for the man with the KS page access to come back from whatever the hell he's up to.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

You should just repost the experience level mechanic update again. I guarantee nobody will notice.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Heh, no one wants to read the boring poo poo updates.

Just lemme at it...

A DwarfNET update.....................................................................................................

But alas, the shackles of corporate attitude of ToG'lords holds me down.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I joke. I was this close to downloading the xls file. :ohdear:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What's the ETA on this game? I need my game's. I need them.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

What's the ETA on this game? I need my game's. I need them.
"When it's done"

bhroom
Jun 17, 2014
"When it is done." Just got a little closer.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/1106278

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

YES!

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

quote:

Zaubers, for example, need more art assets, polish, and most of all more cast-able zaubers, before we are ready to show it off.

So, fishing minigame then?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

So, fishing minigame then?

Polish? I thought Zauber was a German word?

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
zauber means magic in germany. like in die zauberflotr, mozart's famous opera "the magic penid"

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Now that they have the engine ready they'll be able to put out Barkley 3 in under a year after after barkley 2.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Now that they have the engine ready they'll be able to put out Barkley 3 in under a year after after barkley 2.

I'm guessin they wanna make B3 into a FPS or a train simulator or a moba or something else stupid so any systems made for B2 are obsolete and unusable.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Please don't make terroristic threats.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
what about a game where they play basketball

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt

Gortarius posted:

I'm guessin they wanna make B3 into a FPS or a train simulator or a moba or something else stupid so any systems made for B2 are obsolete and unusable.

if final fantasy 10-2 has taught us anything it's that there can be a barkley 2-2

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gortarius posted:

I don't ever want to play a train simulator UNLESS it's done by Tales of Game's

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
People keep bringing those up but they always neglect to mention what you actually train in them.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The junk bot sounds cool. I want to meet it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Cybershell posted:

if final fantasy 10-2 has taught us anything it's that there can be a barkley 2-2

I want a Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden dance video now.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

chrisoya posted:

Please don't make terroristic threats.

It's the new Madden in 2020 Barkley 7-x-3 will have one different skin but commentary by Sir Charles Barkley.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Scrap B2. jump straight to 3.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Bisse posted:

"When it's done"

Hopefully that is soon...

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

the KS update posted:

We just quietly hit a pretty big milestone. Here at ToG, we work in 2-week sprints, and this is our first sprint since - well, since I joined two years ago
I was a bit confused reading this sentence at first :v:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Can you even use zaubers if you're a dedicated gun'sbraster, which X114JAM9 appears to be?

bhroom
Jun 17, 2014

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Can you even use zaubers if you're a dedicated gun'sbraster, which X114JAM9 appears to be?

Yep! Zauber Wielding runs parallel to Gun's Brasting. Mostly battlefield manipulation and more quirky weird abilities than straight damage. Zaubs also tie into quests pretty heavily.

X1 isn't the Zaubermancer that Balthios was ... so you'll expect lesser Zaubs in B2, but with higher graphical integrity that we know you discerning gamers crave and only the power of GameMaker: Studio, brought to you by Playtech can provide!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Makes sense, not everyone can be the Ultimate Hellbane.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Man I remember those pics of Axemaniac's DNF release party preparations. He even decorated his toilet for that not to mention finding a guy to cosplay as Duke whom he was training to talk like Duke only for... well, you know.

haha what a loser

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Man I remember those pics of Axemaniac's DNF release party preparations. He even decorated his toilet for that not to mention finding a guy to cosplay as Duke whom he was training to talk like Duke only for... well, you know.

didn't he have some kind of fetish for women who get transformed into toilets or something?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You don't?!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Segmentation Fault posted:

didn't he have some kind of fetish for women who get transformed into toilets or something?

I think he has a sexual fetish for toilets in general.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Well I mean if you were hopeful about DNF you're obviously a huge fan of poo poo, so is it really that huge of a leap?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Segmentation Fault posted:

Yeah, what he drew was seriously messed up.

Edit: I'd much rather discuss Barkley 2 to be honest.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Edit: I'd much rather discuss Barkley 2 to be honest.

so more toilet chat then

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
how long do you guys think the game will end up being? on a scale of that game maker level i made when i was 12 to all the infinity engine games put together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhroom
Jun 17, 2014

owl milk posted:

how long do you guys think the game will end up being? on a scale of that game maker level i made when i was 12 to all the infinity engine games put together.

Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter: Trials of the Loremaster