Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

TetsuoTW posted:

My favorite reader this week is the single(?) appearance of Baby Bunnybread the Drug Pusher.
Or maybe it's Jack Chick as performed by Portaxx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

TetsuoTW posted:

Or maybe its Portaxx as performed by BunnyBread.

"Oh by the way; hi Portaxx", "YAY! GRR!"

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

TetsuoTW posted:

"Pure Malevolent Audio sucks!"

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm a fan of John as played by Stog.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Djeser posted:

Adam and Bunnybread probably have the best range out of everyone. Jack Chick is a good runner-up just because I like his crazy witch, anime protagonist, and RRRRRROYAL voices.

Jimmyfranks has pretty good range, especially in the singing episode and the creepypasta episode. He gives that Barney story way more gravitas than it deserves.

TetsuoTW posted:

is this the same episode as "WHY AM I SUDDENLY PUNCHING MY WALL"?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

is this the same episode as "WHY AM I SUDDENLY PUNCHING MY WALL"?

No, but I'm pretty sure every fifth episode has someone doing a Jack Chick impression.

Now I want to do an experiment where an episode with Jack Chick in it has him replaced entirely with other people doing impressions of him.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Cleretic posted:

No, but I'm pretty sure every fifth episode has someone doing a Jack Chick impression.

Now I want to do an experiment where an episode with Jack Chick in it has him replaced entirely with other people doing impressions of him.

They should do another roleplaying forum episode, in which every reader is roleplaying as a different reader.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Lou "Isfahan" Fernandez

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

steinrokkan posted:

Jimmy Franks. That's all.

YUMMOOOOOOOO!!!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Is it kosher to say that Lemon is my favorite

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My favorite thing about this podcast is that every time they mention dragons with Portaxx in the room you can hear her going "rarr rarr rarr" in the background very quietly.

Related: The Malatora episode is impressive for how long they go without just spilling the whole cybernetic dragon body thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My favorite thing about the podcast is how the entire Pokegirls episode was an hour of them driving Portaxx nuts.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
"My favorite sex move is throttling Lemon! Now there's only one step."

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
My favorite thing about the readers is that they each have their own niche and personality which is great for an ensemble podcast. Some do great voices, some do terrible voices in a great way, some know their anime, some know Tim Tebow, some adore dragons and animation, some are easily excited by all things metal, some are easily enraged by all bad fonts, no one can do accents, it's a delightful mix.

And when their interests do collide it creates fantastic moments, like two people rushing to land a hexadecimal joke, recurring Blackstreet references, or the occasional joke from Lemon "just for Boots".

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'll say it, I can't stand in the shadows any more: I... don't... care for portaxx.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

I'll say it, I can't stand in the shadows any more: I... don't... care for portaxx.

I've been cooling on my opinion of her. I kind of like her nerdery contributions, but she's wrong in a few of her explanations and has a little too much rancor towards certain subjects. It goes from fun mockery to unfunny anger here and there.

That said, her "dumb slut" voice is wonderful and I like her performances in the various flavors of misogyny episodes.

My favorites rotate a lot; everyone has their own fantastic contributions to the group. I really enjoy Stog and Bunnybread, and Lemon's enthusiasm is fantastic. He's also a really, really good moderator for a group of weird nerds making fun of weird stuff.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'll just say that imho portaxx is way too spergy about the worst sort of subjects

Lemon definitely deserves commendation for keeping this freakshow together for this long, and actually expanding it in the process.
Boots for the same thing, and for being a sort of chill counterweight to Lemon's vitriol.

Jimmyfranks and Kuquat are my favorites right now because the former can create this surrealist juxtaposition of mature presentation and batshit insane content, and the latter is just infectiously enthusiastic about terrible things.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Boots is great for chill absurdity.

"I tried talking to my alternate self and he told me to take a dirigible ride to the Bahamas, and that's not even possible. :confused:"

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

one weird beard

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:
I like Portaxx because she tends to lighten up the atmosphere, but I don't find her getting mock angry funny. Actually, I don't find anyone getting angry or offended funny, which is why I disliked the misogyny episode. And I don't always like Adam Bozarth but that's a personal thing - he tends to go heavy on reference humor and I'm not an American so I miss such jokes.

My favorite guest reader is Lou, favorite voice is Kumquat. Humor wise I think Boots makes the best jokes. And of course, I don't remember who does it, but the fat voice is the single best impression.

Cat Planet fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 13, 2015

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I'm American and all the references they make to early 90's hip hop goes over my head.

Also I think Fat Voice was John's at first but by now everyone's done it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Therion posted:

I like Portaxx because she tends to lighten up the atmosphere, but I don't find her getting mock angry funny. Actually, I don't find anyone getting angry or offended funny, which is why I disliked the misogyny episode. And I don't always like Adam Bozarth but that's a personal thing - he tends to go heavy on reference humor and I'm not an American so I miss such jokes.

My favorite guest reader is Lou, favorite voice is Kumquat. Humor wise I think Boots makes the best jokes. And of course, I don't remember who does it, but the fat voice is the single best impression.

Adam Bozarth honestly probably has the widest range of all the ridiculist, but then again, he has a background in comedy / acting.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Portaxx is supposed to be the Pokeprof of the F Plus, and yet her favorite Pokemon is Magmar? She is deficient. :colbert:

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

alcharagia posted:

Portaxx is supposed to be the Pokeprof of the F Plus, and yet her favorite Pokemon is Magmar? She is deficient. :colbert:

The greatest crime is her absence from Pokemon XXX and Why??

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

alcharagia posted:

I like Portaxx because Magmar and its evolution tree are also my favorite pokemon, she has good poketaste and thus is a good person.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
You gotta admit that the "Green Hill Zoned" joke was loving amazing.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

my favorite pokemon is jigglypuff

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Portaxx is incredibly goony, but for a podcast like this, that's a niche that really had to be filled, and it's a miracle that someone like her was there to fill it. She's so close to being a horrible Livejournal/DeviantArt/Fanfiction.net type, but she's off by the exact correct degree-and-a-half to avoid it.

On the other hand, fun as she is, she has easily the worst commentary-to-comedy ratio in the show.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Portaxx owns, I don't know what you all are on about.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

"I'm just going to keep masturbating until you make me stop. That's my contract with America."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Portaxx is incredibly goony, but for a podcast like this, that's a niche that really had to be filled, and it's a miracle that someone like her was there to fill it. She's so close to being a horrible Livejournal/DeviantArt/Fanfiction.net type, but she's off by the exact correct degree-and-a-half to avoid it.

On the other hand, fun as she is, she has easily the worst commentary-to-comedy ratio in the show.

You're a loving moron.

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You're a loving moron.

Do you realize how ironic it is to be anti-criticism about a podcast dedicated to criticizing things :haw:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Therion posted:

Do you realize how ironic it is to be anti-criticism about a podcast dedicated to criticizing things :haw:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You're a loving moron.

But no seriously has nothing to do with being anti-criticism. That post was just loving dumb.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I'm anti-writing fan fiction in my head about people I barely know anything about. It's okay to just not like someone's voice or commentary.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

ripoff report - internet, podcast
F PLUS SCALMED ME BAD VOICES & CANT EVN DO BRITAN ACCNT

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

The best reader is obviously Ophelia Flame :colbert:

A HUGE BANANA FOREST

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

"Nothing says I love you like spending an hour in the kitchen watching dildos boil"

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

You know who else deserves credit? Whoever chooses the music for each episode, and whoever edits each episode.

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

You know who else deserves credit? Whoever chooses the music for each episode, and whoever edits each episode.

The unsung heroes of the F Plus... Thanks for introducing me to Cibo Matto by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

You never know who does it, unless someone accidentally puts "John Toast" as the artist instead of The F Plus.