Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Along with being willfully dense for Prickly City, Eric Allie has drawn all of 10 political cartoons this calendar year.

January 7: B-b-b-b-b-b-but Al Sharpton!
January 19: The NFC Championship Game happened.
January 19: PAT QUINN SUX!
January 20: The liberals (uh, sic) who work for The New Republic are big effete dorks, unlike me, Eric Allie, manly man of manliness.
January 28: Michael Moore is fat.
February 11: NBC is a buncha clowns. Look at the clowns!
February 18: Bruce Rauner is dreamy.
February 28: Illinois, other than Bruce Rauner, is a buncha clowns. Look at the clowns!
March 6: PAT QUINN SUX!
March 6: Clinton e-mails, blah blah Obama.

And that's it. That's Eric Allie's take on politics, circa 2015. I don't know where he's getting the wingnut welfare from to be a lazy, intellectually bankrupt rear end, but it seems like a pretty sweet deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

prefect posted:

Producers aren't really the bosses of "talent" on shows like that, especially for people who are famous and important to the show.

Still, you don't punch your producer over not getting the food you wanted.

Tuco
Jul 24, 2006

I look good too!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Emails? When did emails enter into this stupid convoluted plot?

I've asked a few times for a synopsis of what's going on and why the feds are poking around Ned's Dad's compound, and have no answer. I genuinely think that nobody outside of Muir himself has any idea what's going on from one day to the next.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Tuco posted:

I've asked a few times for a synopsis of what's going on and why the feds are poking around Ned's Dad's compound, and have no answer. I genuinely think that nobody outside of Muir himself has any idea what's going on from one day to the next.

It's just generic "federal government and obama evil" with a drizzle of whatever talking point is going on that day, and also tits. And vaginas, now, because Muir has degenerated just a bit further.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The Feds "pulled a Hillary" and used a secret private email account to plan their assault on the compound. Fortunately, Zed's Oath Keeper friend Gallagher is a l33t h4xx0r and managed to save copies of the emails on a thumb drive, which he then gave to Zed.

Also the government is going after Zed because he keeps guns and believes in the Constitution, which of course are federal crimes nowadays. :rolleyes:

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 12, 2015

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Tuco posted:

What's happening right now is that the government is chasing Muiry-sue because they have been "flummoxed" multiple times by him. In world justification that the Feds are using is that Zed "loves the constitution" and has thus been labeled as a terrorist. It's been stated that the fed are digging up tons of "bullshit" charges such as theft of property and child endangerment to get Zud on. The feds showed up on the scene and then Muir gives himself a Chekov's gun in that the Oath Keepers(?) are looking out for Zad's worthless rear end and hand him a flash drive with stolen emails from the ATF that somehow allow him to blackmail the Feds. Also the ATF want Zod's guns(?) because he's a bad rear end sniper(?).

The "pool party" was supposed to be a distraction so Zyd and Wade could get the drop on the Feds and send them packking. The Sheriff(?) for some reason doesn't feel he's part of the executive branch and is there to see the Feds off before this becomes a Waco like fun party.Nevermind that it's also shown earlier that Waifu found a secret underground gun arsenal earlier that has enough firepower and ammo to make a Bundy Ranch like stand thus giving the ATF actual legitimate cause to want to investigate the Z-dad compound.

Also I'd like to remind everybody that it's implied that the Z-fighters have been at the ranch for at least 7-9 months (Sniperella's gestation?), BJR and Sniperella have probably murdered and buried dozens of illegal immigrants in a mass grave.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Muslims are vermin? Thanks for reminding me that nothing changes, Stantis.

Edit:

Leave George Lucas alone. :(

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 12, 2015

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Acropolis posted:

Also I'd like to remind everybody that it's implied that the Z-fighters have been at the ranch for at least 7-9 months (Sniperella's gestation?), BJR and Sniperella have probably murdered and buried dozens of illegal immigrants in a mass grave.

IIRC, BJR and Sniperella are supposed to be capturing the immigrants and dropping them off on the other side of the border, not killing them. But it's never even been implied that they've caught a single person, let alone dozens of people. Now, it might be interesting to follow the happy couple on one of their hunts, but Muir prefers to stick with the strip's standard recipe: 50% Sick Burns, 40% deformed T&A, 9% Marty Stu Badassery and trace amounts of Anything Good.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Pththya-lyi posted:

IIRC, BJR and Sniperella are supposed to be capturing the immigrants and dropping them off on the other side of the border, not killing them. But it's never even been implied that they've caught a single person, let alone dozens of people. Now, it might be interesting to follow the happy couple on one of their hunts, but Muir prefers to stick with the strip's standard recipe: 50% Sick Burns, 40% deformed T&A, 9% Marty Stu Badassery and trace amounts of Anything Good.

I'm pretty sure you're right. I think I made the logical leap that they hired a chopper pilot to fly a chopper implies that they hired a sniper to do some sniping.

Tuco
Jul 24, 2006

I look good too!

Acropolis posted:

What's happening right now is that the government is chasing Muiry-sue because they have been "flummoxed" multiple times by him. In world justification that the Feds are using is that Zed "loves the constitution" and has thus been labeled as a terrorist. It's been stated that the fed are digging up tons of "bullshit" charges such as theft of property and child endangerment to get Zud on. The feds showed up on the scene and then Muir gives himself a Chekov's gun in that the Oath Keepers(?) are looking out for Zad's worthless rear end and hand him a flash drive with stolen emails from the ATF that somehow allow him to blackmail the Feds. Also the ATF want Zod's guns(?) because he's a bad rear end sniper(?).

The "pool party" was supposed to be a distraction so Zyd and Wade could get the drop on the Feds and send them packking. The Sheriff(?) for some reason doesn't feel he's part of the executive branch and is there to see the Feds off before this becomes a Waco like fun party.Nevermind that it's also shown earlier that Waifu found a secret underground gun arsenal earlier that has enough firepower and ammo to make a Bundy Ranch like stand thus giving the ATF actual legitimate cause to want to investigate the Z-dad compound.

Thank you for the update and subtle way of reminding me its Zed, not Ned!

Edit also:

Acropolis posted:

If only the Feds had their visors on they could see Zed's true power level, but you should also be able to make that determination simply based on the amount of "hot" scantly clad women that gravitate towards him.

Tuco fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 12, 2015

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

There was a time when Muir was regularly linked to by "reputable" segments of Internet wingnuttia- the NRO, Hot Air, Ed Morrissey (who hosted the strip for a while, I think). If I were in Muir's shoes, I would've worked hard to keep up that gig. But I guess the call of just tracing smut was too tempting.

e: That and/or he's gone nuts.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 12, 2015

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Post 9-11 User posted:

Edit:

Leave George Lucas alone. :(

Now i want to be gay so i can emit a rainbow from my ring box :(

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Oh this is going to generate letters.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fried Chicken posted:

That was in 2004. The word is this was over a meat tray - Clarkson wanted steak, and got brought a charcuterie platter instead, and he lost his poo poo at his boss

Wait seriously, this is what the manly man that stands up to those PC liberal babies all my friends are slobbering over got busted for, having a tantrum because his free food wasn't the right kind of meat?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

Oh this is going to generate letters.

It's really quite upsetting that something as simple as saying that racism exists generates angry letters. It's very frustrating and makes it impossible to have a real conversation about it :argh:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Is . . . the cartoonist trying to loop this back around into a torture cartoon? :psyduck:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Shugojin posted:

It's really quite upsetting that something as simple as saying that racism exists generates angry letters. It's very frustrating and makes it impossible to have a real conversation about it :argh:

I meant with the two officers being shot the day that the cartoon came out.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Wait seriously, this is what the manly man that stands up to those PC liberal babies all my friends are slobbering over got busted for, having a tantrum because his free food wasn't the right kind of meat?

Apparently. And charcuterie platters are awesome so I don't know why he was complaining.

So will we see a bunch of Brit cartoons about Terry Pratchett's death, or is that more an American thing?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Fried Chicken posted:

Apparently. And charcuterie platters are awesome so I don't know why he was complaining.

So will we see a bunch of Brit cartoons about Terry Pratchett's death, or is that more an American thing?

Just came to pot about this. For once I didn't learn about a celebrity death from this thread.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Zetsubou-san posted:

his head is not quite up his own rear end but getting closer.

'rooted' is an Australian synonym for 'hosed'

:allears:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Fried Chicken posted:

More an American thing I think. Bear in mind Pratchett was a prominent atheist, so ready your Bors should any appear.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Kegluneq posted:

More an American thing I think. Bear in mind Pratchett was a prominent atheist, so ready your Bors should any appear.

There is an alternative they can use.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Can I just say that this guy creeps the poo poo out of me?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Zinkraptor posted:

I love these "if I draw it hard enough, it'll come true!" cartoons. Usually, we have to wait for an election for these!

It's either that the residual Clinton Hate is so strong, or they feel like they need to get started picking away at her presidential chances now.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Fried Chicken posted:

poo poo

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

That would be awesome actually.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I just love seeing this demented, malevolent frog man. :unsmith:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Wow... I just talked about the Discworld novels in a reading club yesterday.

He was the last fantasy writer whose works I was still following too.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fried Chicken posted:

gently caress.

:(

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

:sadwizard:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Saint Sputnik posted:

Just came to pot about this. For once I didn't learn about a celebrity death from this thread.

Oh son of a BITCH. :argh:

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
drat it all. :(

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
It is sad that he's passed, but given how much he was struggling with alzheimers and lobbying for assisted suicide the past few years, I'm glad his suffering is over. I'm surprised it wasn't suicide though.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

so perfect

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Fried Chicken posted:

I hope they use actual quotes from DEATH :hb:

otherwise let them draw a crying Vetinari for all I care

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

beepsandboops posted:

Is . . . the cartoonist trying to loop this back around into a torture cartoon? :psyduck:

I have no idea. I can get it's about the e-mail thing but gently caress if I can read anymore into it than that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

beepsandboops posted:

I didn't think so at first, but you've got an orange jumpsuit, which is what we make prisoners wear. And some of the torture involved "stress positions", so that's why she's saying "yoga position". Did Hillary ever defend torture?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

:allears: Oh Ted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Nenonen posted:

I hope they use actual quotes from DEATH :hb:

otherwise let them draw a crying Vetinari for all I care
Lot of good quotes from him, particularly from Reaper Man but for me it has to be

WORDS IN THE HEART CAN NEVER BE TAKEN

• Locked thread